Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:26 am

Charm: 22
Alex is doing what Alex does best: Charm the sh*t out of people. It's also one of the only two things he does, the other of which is fall off stuff. Good job he's so damn charming.

Should I be making a Command check to control Sneak? :p
(I'm not actually going to try to override another player's actions, so the answer is no.)

Also, I was considering how that earlier intuition roll was pretty decent despite the individual dice being pretty bad, and got to wondering if anyone else even has any intuition. Turns out Koa is intuitive as hell. 6d6+6? +4 of that from his clothes and the green shard, sure, but jeez that's insane. Got me thinking that I should try to find some good equipment if I'm ever not poor. But I have a feeling that's not going to happen any time soon, since money-making options are "Win fights" or "Do Mentoring," the latter of which is almost completely booked out at all times, and the former of which actually just doesn't happen. I think I'm still at a grand total of one solo fight won? Maybe I should switch to the pacifist route? Get fully kitted for Charm and just convince everything to stop fighting me. :roll: :P
... What would fully-kitted even be? Body, Head, Feet, and Accessory, at least, but would there be items that go in the hands to increase Charm? A fancier cane? Would carrying two fancy canes further increase Charm or make it plummet? Not even Mort can know.

I'm rambling about inane things. It happens.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:13 am

If they are still fighting, we should stull get to act morty. :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:40 am

I'm not saying you can't. I haven't updated for you guys yet so you can still get them in if you want to.

On the other hand, not attacking might also be a "Hey we're being serious chill out" sign... >:D

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:12 pm

Dlover wrote:Should I be making a Command check to control Sneak? :p
(I'm not actually going to try to override another player's actions, so the answer is no.)
This isn't necessarily what I want, I just assumed that with Bjorn unconscious Sneak acts autonomously, and given he's my newest pokemon he'd probably just lash out. I fully expect him to take down Euler 2, get taken out by Euler 1, then you guys can continue with your diplomacy. I can defer his turn though if you guys want to control him or whatever.

Also, I believe Bjorn sent Husk out before he got knocked unconscious, so I have two pokemon around. Husk will just stand there shaking her head at Sneak.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Nah, one less Euler isn't a problem.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:15 am

Not relevant to our game, but apparently PTA 2.0 is finally out. I haven't read it yet, but who knows. Maybe it fixed some of the issues with it.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:20 am

SamWiser wrote:Not relevant to our game, but apparently PTA 2.0 is finally out. I haven't read it yet, but who knows. Maybe it fixed some of the issues with it.
Yeah we talked about it before. I think that for now the consensus is that it's such a radical shift we probably won't be implementing it.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:49 pm

No, Pokemon Tabletop Adventures, 2.0. The system Dusk's game was run on. We definitely wouldn't use any of it here, but maybe they fixed some of the issues that had people running to PTU in the first place.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Oh right. Derp.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 am

Being a bit pedantic since it's not like I've described the machine in super detail, but the crystal isn't floating- It's attached with a metal arm to the larger machine base, which also has some screens and controls to it. (About the size of two end tables stacked on top of each other)

You can give me an occult/tech edu roll if you want to.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:11 am

Well, so this is a thing that's apparently happening.

I'll say that you guys can respond to his message now, even though technically I think it'd be a bit "late" for everyone... Well, I suppose I'll allow Dlover to reply to Phoenix's message- "Drake" stopped playing, although he might still be able to get a reply from Izzy by proxy given that they're together right now.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:55 am

Wow. Not entirely sure what's going on, but... Isn't a public bathroom just a... Really awful place to hide something that important? Especially since Matsudo would need a couple of days at least to get to it, wouldn't he?
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:12 am

What pokemon does he have? Maybe he can get one of them to guard it for him. Edit: maybe instead of the stall, put it in Kanga's pouch? Tell her about the bottle, and what it does so she may not be tempted.

Silly Mort, why weren't you expecting this when you put that option on the table?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:21 am

Actually, now that I think of it, isn't freeing several pokemon in the middle of a city going to draw a fair bit of attention?

Also, what option? I haven't been paying attention to... Anything, really. >.>
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:18 am

Midas gave Phoenix the choice of "Obey me or die", and Phoenix chose the latter. He had to ingest poison earlier, and Midas had said he would purge the poison from him. That won't be happening now. If I remember correctly, it's a fairly fast acting poison, which is why he's not doing any of the smart things like finding a better hiding place or going outside to release his pokemon. No time

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:04 am

Phoenix won't even stay alive for his pokemons' sake, for Spot? That's weird.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:21 am

You're probably right. He probably would. I think I just got caught up in the new character and not playing Phoenix again that I wanted to write some kind of final death scene.

I'll probably edit it once I get home from work.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:39 am

Like I said over PM before- While at this point this is the end of playing as Phoenix, it doesn't have to end with his death. You're free to edit that action still. :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:17 pm

Midas can't stop you from posting to the Psychic guy before taking his offer, if you do so. >:D

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:21 pm

Honestly, if you just don't want to play Phoenix anymore, it might be better for you to retire the PC but have Mort keep him alive as a semi-villain NPC under Midas' control.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:36 pm

*shrug* I actually prefer the thing he put up. It shows that Phoniex has limits and willing to die to prevent Midas to control him, and do the least evil thing.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:14 pm

You could also say it's supremely selfish to leave his best friend Spot behind like that, just because Phoenix got himself into a bad situation and didn't feel like trying to dig himself out of it.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:14 pm

As a character, I agree with you, Burns, but I really like the idea of a villainous character too much. I'll edit it when I get home.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Well one thing to keep in mind, Phoenix is facing imminent death, that's not when people behave the most logically. Because what happens if the request is to actively harm on of his pokemon?

At this point his pokemon should know some of the basics of society, and with aipom's help can manage to live in the city. It might not be the best, it would be better then the risk of harm towards one of his friends. Or at least that's what I'm seeing.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:05 pm

Ah, so that's how it is. So, what sort of character are you going to go with next, Sam? Was it you who showed interest in the Dark Elementalist / Hunter being a sniper-assassin, or was that Synch?
My game:

My characters: