Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:00 am

You could just keep it simple and rule it on a case-by-case basis, saying something like "I'll let you have one round here to take non-damaging (maybe only self-buffing?) actions, before the battle starts". It's a bit game-y, but it removes any ambiguity.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:16 am

And you think it wise to mention that now, while I am in the middle of realizing you are using these moves far outside their intended meanings..?

Seriously though- I've never said, or at least never intended to say that the moves don't work outside of battle... They just don't last terribly long. If you decide to use ingrain to compensate for phasing HP loss, and then 5 minutes later you'd end up in a battle, I'd rule that the coat would have been gone by then, and since you're still in the same scene, would not be able to be used in that battle. So yes, certainly, speaking from a logical perspective, there's nothing that should be able to prevent you from using the move right before entering a battle when you know it's going to happen, and it'd last through it... But I was never arguing from a logical perspective- I was arguing from a mechanical one, in that I'm not wanting to allow it because it opens a whole can of worms.

As for me bringing up water sport- It was just to point out that your justification for stating the coat moves are scene is because that's their frequency, it's inherently flawed. Nowhere does it state how long the coats actually last, so I'm going with encounter length- Same thing with blessings by the way, who also just state they "last until expired"... And in your example, it's not like the firemen would use water sport on the station, and then roll out- They'd do it on site, at which point, "fighting the inferno" might as well be an encounter. I'd also argue if taking 50% less damage from a specific source is "weak". :roll:

Sunlight within being a bind does actually mean it'd last the whole day, you're right, so it'd definitely fall under "potion" territory and you can do it beforehand. I just took it as your action because I missed it being a bind, and you didn't mention wanting to use a styler in your last post.

Vader's suggestion is likely the best one to still allow some prep and not risk things going insane- Although I'm pretty sure you guys don't want even more delays to say what you'd do in your one round of prep, so I'll just continue... (I mean, unless you do think you can make use of that one round of prep- I know that Bjorn is essentially doing just that already, so if you'd want..?)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:47 am

What?! Next you know you're going to tell me the purpose of Fly is not to get millions of pidgeys in space suits, tie them to a space shuttle and tell them to fly to the moon!

Seriously though I am fine with it lasting for a period of time, or vader's suggestion.

I had the styler as part of my first post.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:16 pm

I know, double post but...Buttercup could evolve if that changes anything :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:I know, double post but...Buttercup could evolve if that changes anything :shifty:
Missed this, Actually saw it when I was heading to bed and figured I'd reply in the morning and forgot but it'd make no difference besides that a little bit of HP would be saved. Double-checking to see if this was a situation I should have evolved them in (Since I am guilty of forgetting even when it is mentioned), with being the exact level eligible, the absorbed damage making no major difference, and no suitable dramatics... Nah, this is not a evolve-worthy trigger.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:39 pm

Quick question, was Isabella's punch Normal-type? If so, then the Nihilego should resist it for 7 damage :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:46 pm

Nope. :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Mort. What was the move it used last turn? Haley got a pic.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:28 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Mort. What was the move it used last turn? Haley got a pic.
Oh right! Signal beam.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:49 am

I thought surpessed prevents eot moves like signal beam?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:50 am

Uhhh, another question: How did it Signal Beam? Luna and Charon have kept it Suppressed, and Signal Beam is EOT.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:04 am

And why exactly would that mean it can't use signal beam anymore..?
While Suppressed, Pok├®mon and Trainers
cannot benefit from PP Ups, and have the frequency of
their Moves lowered; At-Will Moves become EOT, and
EOT and Scene x2 Moves become Scene.
And that's assuming no charging pad trickery.

There's also the fact that it wasn't surpressed yet when it originally used signal beam... If you're talking about THIS turn- That wasn't signal beam.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:18 am

Supressed does something different from the playtest doesn't it? And charge pad cant make it a pp up cause supressed says its not?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:20 am

... Oh. It's changed in the playtest packet, right. I went and found it in the 1.05 book, where it means the Suppressed character can only use At-Will moves or Struggle.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:21 am

Which playtest would that be? I'm hard pressed to believe that suppressed has been given such a buff it literally only allows at-will moves.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:23 am

Nnnno, what I'm saying is that in the 1.05 it was just At-will? Or was that on the Manipulate? ... Look, I know I read this somewhere. I WILL find where I went wrong.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:25 am

M0rtimer wrote:Which playtest would that be? I'm hard pressed to believe that suppressed has been given such a buff it literally only allows at-will moves.
The febuary one? I don't remember. All I remember was that pressure got the bad end of it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:26 am

I was reading things wrong. Terrorize is the thing that forces only At-Will moves for the turn.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:27 am

That was the 1.05 description I posted up there, so I highly doubt it. :roll:

Checking to see if it's any of the bonuses that provocateurs get (Which I may or may not have forgotten also existed for a moment) it's not that either- It's -10 to damage and an ability disabled.

Yeah, seems you were thinking about the terrorize maneuver- Which takes opposed checks and only lasts one round, so far less OP than you were thinking it to be.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:30 am

Oh. So hey, check the February packet. Suppressed does the same as Terrorize, and always lasts one full round.
Suppressed users cannot use Moves with any Frequency other than ÔÇ£At-WillÔÇØ. Suppression always
lasts 1 full round.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:32 am

Woo! That means pyre should be hit with less. Also if luna can make -10 dmg that would be sweet.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:33 am

Actually, double post, but you guys ARE right (edit: also, ninja'd)- Suppression has been changed in the february play packet, making it so that, indeed, suppressed enemies can only use at-will moves... But it also only lasts for a single round, too. Pressure has been changed so it's a once per scene swift action, suppressing all foes in a 3 meter burst.

Thinking about it, I can see why they did it- It's powerful, but saves the grievances of "And now I can't use half my moves anymore since they got turned into scenes and I used them"...

I'll go and edit the update- Charon suppressed it last round so it'd only be using an at-will move, and Luna refreshed it with a torment, so it'll also be suppressed this round (AND given some additional debuffs...)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:35 am

Woo, my ability to completely misunderstand everything has actually lead to the truth! :D
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:46 am

Next time, make sure your misunderstanding is sure it only lasts one round, because only at-will moves forever was clearly OP. :roll:

Anyways, update was edited.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:50 am

Isnt slash also an eot move?