Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Welp, I won't have proper internet until next Friday :? . I can still kinda post, but I'll be keeping it brief. Koa' s still good with moving on, just roll for him.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:24 am

M0rtimer wrote:Synch, just so you're aware, you do only get one command action per round- Although I'm guessing you're essentially giving an action for next round, since it can't use sand-attack yet.
Yup thats the plan, just making intentions known I guess.

Bjorn can't drink the potion eh? Using a restorative is a full action right? Can't move and use?
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:30 am

Applying Restorative Items, or X Items is a
Standard Action, which causes the target to
forfeit their next Standard Action and Shift
Action, unless the user has the ÔÇ£Medic TrainingÔÇØ
Edge. The target of these items may refuse to
stay still and be healed; in that case, the item is
not used, and the target does not forfeit their
actions.
So if I'm reading this correctly... You'll still be able to shift regularly this turn (So away from Genesect as you've already mentioned) and apply the potion, but you won't be able to act next round. (Besides commanding your pokemon, of course.) Unless you have the medic training edge of course as mentioned, but I don't think you do..?

Bjorn is "dating" someone who could probably help him out, too, though. :shifty:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Ya'know, we could just bypass the bridge. With Kay, Maku, and Irene's new Gyarados (Mountable 4), we have just enough trainer carrying capacity to cross the river ourselves. I think that would be preferable to risking anything with these punks.

We can always relegate them to a future side quest if we feel like it, maybe learn more about them beforehand.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:14 am

M0rtimer wrote: Bjorn is "dating" someone who could probably help him out, too, though. :shifty:
I was hoping she may offer up her services, but didn't want to seem presumptious. :oops:

EDIT: Potions are a spray?!
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:22 am

SuperVaderMan wrote:Ya'know, we could just bypass the bridge. With Kay, Maku, and Irene's new Gyarados (Mountable 4), we have just enough trainer carrying capacity to cross the river ourselves. I think that would be preferable to risking anything with these punks.

We can always relegate them to a future side quest if we feel like it, maybe learn more about them beforehand.
That's what i was thinking too! Even with just Kay we could've done multiple trips :lol:

We should at least see what they're asking for first. Who knows, maybe they're just some friendly tour guides or something :roll:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:11 am

Hmm, how rapid are the waters below? Cause I don't want to be washed away with gyarados, though I'm really liking the idea of the group going "That's a cool story, well see ya!" as we just bypass the bridge. But yeah we should at least say hello before blowing pass them.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:34 am

Natrivv wrote:Hmm, how rapid are the waters below? Cause I don't want to be washed away with gyarados, though I'm really liking the idea of the group going "That's a cool story, well see ya!" as we just bypass the bridge. But yeah we should at least say hello before blowing pass them.
If you're asking- I'd probably ask for an intuition roll to give better estimates, but on first glance, it does look to be moving at least fast enough that I'd be asking for an athletics check...

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Maku is strong enough to carry 3-4 people on his own, easy. If Drake rides his Celesteela, we might even be able to cross in one go without leaving anyone behind.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:12 pm

I mean, there's a difference between having the technical strength to do something, and having the actual size to utilize it- Otherwise, a lot more mons would have a lot higher mountable capability. :roll:

With that said, with some creative design it'd definitely be possible to utilize your pokemon in such a respect- (I believe the whole "mounting" section in the PDF even mentions that with saddles etc, you can either make it easier to mount a pokemon, or make a pokemon that would otherwise not be mountable mountable) by default, I'd say that Maku can probably reliably carry one person... And that's not as much "mountable" as just keeping them in a grapple hold and carry them like that.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:25 pm

I was thinking one person in each arm, and another riding his shoulders. Hariyama are almost as wide as they are tall, and their hands aren't exactly small either. So i don't think it would be a stretch to say someone could sit in the palm of one hand quite easily.

Obviously this wouldn't work for long distance travel, but i figure the sorry hop across the river wouldn't be too bad.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:44 am

Well, if you're so certain that'll be so easily pushed to it's limit, I'm sure you won't mind an athletics roll, would you? >:D

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:58 am

Depends who's making the roll. Maku has 6d6+2 Athletics, so I'm sure it'll be fine :P

(Aaaand I've just jinxed it now, haven't I? :lol: )

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 pm

M0rtimer wrote:If you're asking- I'd probably ask for an intuition roll to give better estimates, but on first glance, it does look to be moving at least fast enough that I'd be asking for an athletics check...
I mean, it's a Gyarados. I'd just assume it would be able to cross some rapids. It's a sea serpent, it's not like it has to do the breaststroke to get across :P

(Also I lacked phone access for the past 2 days and couldn't post, wooo)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:25 am

SuperVaderMan wrote:
M0rtimer wrote:If you're asking- I'd probably ask for an intuition roll to give better estimates, but on first glance, it does look to be moving at least fast enough that I'd be asking for an athletics check...
I mean, it's a Gyarados. I'd just assume it would be able to cross some rapids. It's a sea serpent, it's not like it has to do the breaststroke to get across :P

(Also I lacked phone access for the past 2 days and couldn't post, wooo)
I didn't say it'd be a difficult check... :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:33 am

Synch, bjorn is already hurt. Acorn is also going to intercept at anytime.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:01 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Synch, bjorn is already hurt. Acorn is also going to intercept at anytime.
Burns, Bjorn is now full health. Given he's probably not strong enough to push/grapple Genesect, and has already used Mist and Agility, there's literally nothing else for him to do. May as well prevent others from being hurt.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:24 am

I think he's got the skills to grapple it, but lacks the strength to Push it. Getting a second person in the grapple probably isn't the most significant thing compared to keeping all the trainers safe, though.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Should I get Pyre to hit it with another Ember, or just use Husk's sand attack again?

I don't think Bjorn can do much apart from an intercept, or maybe try to Trip or Hinder it? Should have a decent shot with an Athletics check.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:47 pm

Ember or sand attack is good. Acorn is going to intercept he has more defence and resists certian attacks. Trip/hindering it would work out.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:23 pm

Psst, Murkoff has the dark gym. :P

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:04 pm

Welp. I was gonna have Koa rest at the pokecenter, but then I checked the rules on healing again and saw that I would be spending half the day and half of Koa' s money lying around doing nothing, so that option's out. Now idk what to do for sure.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:05 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote:Welp. I was gonna have Koa rest at the pokecenter, but then I checked the rules on healing again and saw that I would be spending half the day and half of Koa' s money lying around doing nothing, so that option's out. Now idk what to do for sure.
Huh? I thought pokecenters were free? That's what we were doing?

EDIT: OOh you mean trainer healing. Yea that stuff is rough.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:30 pm

ah, oops. I let my mistake go to Irene cause that was her primary motivation, and when did she actually have time to sit down and research which gym was what. Her character was always planning on deep trips into the wilderness, not gym challenges lol

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:57 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote:Welp. I was gonna have Koa rest at the pokecenter, but then I checked the rules on healing again and saw that I would be spending half the day and half of Koa' s money lying around doing nothing, so that option's out. Now idk what to do for sure.
You could stay overnight to heal 2-3 injuries without missing anything? Combined with self-healing by draining 2AP in the morning, and another bandage, and you'll be pretty much back to 100%. But yeah, the money cost is pretty rough.

What time is it now? Mid/early-afternoon? If you come to the Center now and buy a bandage from them, you'll be able to recover another Injury before bed too (assuming you don't get into any more fights :roll: ). That will at least put you out of the Heavily Injured range, so you can act in a fight without hurting yourself.