Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by SamWiser » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:38 pm

No problem. Just update when you can. Sporadic updates for a while are better than updating daily until you burn yourself out.

Now I have a character question. I'm trying to figure out if charming pokemon onto my team is officially a character train, as in would Phoenix avoid capturing a pokemon by battling it if at all possible. Every pokemon he's caught so far has volunteered to be on his team (with the exception of Kang, but events that happen during a time-skip can't always be considered "in-character" since I was under M0rt's control. But, he was also with other people who didn't like fighting when he caught most of his team (except for Winger (who doesn't count because he was a "gift"). At the start of this game, I would have said that Phoenix has no problem fighting a pokemon, and catching it, even if it didn't want to be on his team, but at a certain point behavior shown needs to be in-character if I want to have a decent character.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:49 pm

So is the vial thing like a syringe?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:37 am

Kinda, yeah. You can give me an medicine edu roll if you wanna try find out what it is.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:05 am

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:28 am

Hey I know this won't happen for a while in game, but I want to know before it does come up in game.

The Cheerleader feature Go, Fight Win! takes a Standard action + a swift action, and has the orders tag. How does that work with Commanders Voice that says I can use two Orders as a standard action, or one as a Swift action?

I'm thinking that since Focused Command is also a Standard + Swift action feature that is addressed I'd be able to use Go Fight Win! + a second orders feature as a standard, but I can not use Go, Fight, Win as a swift. Is this correct?

Commander's Voice
► Show Spoiler
Go, Fight, Win!
► Show Spoiler
Focused Command
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Yeah, that sounds about right.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:17 am

Still trying to get into the daily grind of college life, although things have been smoothing over a bit... Still quite a ways off to daily updates again, but hopefully we can pick up the pace a bit more in the coming days.

Anyways... Feel free to post for Dusk Natrivv, is he hasn't gotten around to it by tomorrow. :P

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Is Maguma out? I wrote him in in my last post.

Also, how far away is Koa form Darfel? I might be able to have Koa do an Intercept. Maybe :shifty:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Yeah sure, he's out.

And you could attempt an intercept this turn if you'd want to. Let's say... 5 meters?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:15 pm

Alright, here's an initiative check for Maguma

Initiative roll - Maguma vs Durants: 1D20 = [19] = 19

Did Maguma win out against the Durants with 15 speed?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Yes. :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:57 pm

eeeeeeh i dont' want to give kale more exp. I mean I like him at this moment but beautifly do not get any abilities that I really....like flavour wise. I mean pride is pretty good but I don't see why i should waste my advanced slot for an ability he should have had. That and out of the pokemon I have he has the most weaknesses without many resistances. (and only one useful resistance at that). I wanted to keep rose and Kale the same level, but Rose pretty much surpasses him in almost everyway including contests, she has cool spot while kale now currently has beauty when I already have that filled by Charles/ralts when it finally hatches. As to why to box...well it's to keep him safe. He made a promise to keep him safe and James is not going to let them down. Being in the box means no pokemon would hurt him and he can check on kale every chance he gets.

.....Which unfortunally when i do box kale, Rose's 'special' ability will bugger all. sure it was fine with a couple big battles but at best it's meh and requires one of them to be unconcious, and i doubt them being unconcious before the other is sent out would work either. with this stupid ability it seems like I HAVE to keep them together. Even original plus/minus allowed you to have diferent pluse and minun and not solely on one single pokemon relying on another.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:06 am

@Vader: Pretty sure you can't do what you're hoping to do there. Intercepting an attack, you're using a full action interrupt to take the hit instead. You couldn't use another intercept until at the very least your next actual turn would have rolled around, which isn't really possible in this instance as Koa is on the bottom of the initiative list. (Unless I'm missing something here..?)

Also, I just realized- Darfel being ingrained, he is actually currently immune to being pushed/pulled. I think that would actually make it impossible to have an attack intercepted for him..?

I suppose I'll be merciful and we can say that Koa sprinted next to Darfel last round so you can at least use wide guard if you want to? :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:03 am

You can do that with Shield moves, though. If you've already used your action for that round, like if you attacked, you can expend the next round's action to use Protect. The problem only comes up when you've already used the next round's action, is when you can't use any more shield moves.

But yeah, Darfel being immune to push effects would cancel that out anyway :grumble:

I wouldn't mind the Wide Guard concession, though :chuckle:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:46 am

I think we may have different interpretations of how that is supposed to work. Yes, you can use a shield action to interrupt something, using your next turn, if you've already acted that turn.

The way I see it, the idea with the shield mechanic is you can always sacrifice your next action as long as it's available. However, as we're in a forum format, 90% of what happens is that initially you attacked someone, but then when the update rolls in you see it would have bee far better to do X and the simplest solution to that is simply to utilize your next action rather than potentially retcon two actions instead of one.

The difference here being that you're already anticipating doing just that... Which changes things up, since you'd be using your action for this turn and couldn't use another one until after we passed your initiative again at the least.

Does... That make sense? I think I see where we disagree/are uncertain about this, but I'm not too sure how to best put it in words. :P It's essentially a combination of different factors considering how we usually do it considering circumstances and how it "should" be done.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:04 am

Yeah, I thought about it, and what I was trying to do initially wouldn't work anyway.

It's like, if your turn comes around and you use an action, then use a Shield move, you're in 'action debt'. You have to wait until your next initiative step to pay that debt before you can do anything else.

By Intercepting, I'm immediately putting Koa in 'action debt', so he wouldn't be able to do anything else until his initiative step at (5), which he would then use to pay the debt back.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:29 am

Hey you did not answer my question about doublestike moves and crits, i understand if one move missed but one move critted it would be the lowest damage that goes again, but both of the parts of the move hit. I am espessially concerned when it becomes time when rose gets sniper and how that would be handeled

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:31 am

Already responded to Burns over skype, but you essentially roll the lower DB as a crit.

Reffering tot he main thread, Dusk is right- That does seem to be correct by raw standards... Although one thing I might be putting doubt on is the fact that by switching like that you are using the first pokemons standard action, and then commanding the second one to use theirs. And as we usually make it so that only one of your pokemon can actually act each turn (GM fiat notwithstanding) this is essentially gaining an action. Judging by the fact recalling a pokemon can only be done by using a trainer action, I'm not sure if it's intended to be used in that way...

I'm not gonna make a big fuzz about it now though, but what do you guys think?

ALSO! I finally got around to something some of you guys have been asking for... It's still my special brand of EXTREMELY SHITTYTM, and I'll probably need to do some revisions due to errors/missing stuff in the long run when I have time again still... But I hope it can at least give you guys a bit of a better idea. Let me know if you have any questions bout it... A MAP!
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:48 am

1: what is the red isaland?
2: where are we in relation of this map?
3: what is the black grey....um thing that cuts into the big island?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:16 am

1: That is Ironblight island. The red zone denotes the "zone of death". Affectionately, but appropriately named.
2: You're straight in the middle, in the big city with the "I" labeled over it... If you can read it I guess, as I swear this was at least 50% as big before I put it online... :roll:

Anyways, going right along the road you have Murkoff and Hantu. Going left you have Rutherford, then Nekon. Railway south leads to Ferapex.

3: Do you mean the mountain range dividing the island into three parts?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:03 pm

Is iron blight really that deadly? Does anything live there? What is ironblight's significance?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:31 pm

I can't really answer that OOC. :P Suffice it to say, they don't call it "Ironblight" and mark a big zone around it on the naval charts because it's a happy paradise .

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Isn't Ironblight Island where Jeremy got his Beldum, right?
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:40 am

That is correct, yes. Jeremy mentioned his dad bought it off someone who had went there at a high price. So I guess that answers your question for a part. :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:10 am

I'm guessing there's some sort of environmental hazard - Most likely radiation - which would make going there possible, with the right equipment, but still dangerous and costly, which would be why the beldum was so expensive. Am I on the right track?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)