Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Theis2 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:04 pm

The suits are from the spell if I remember correctly and it's only once a day. I would like for Drake to take advantage of the suit and search for shards before ditching it though :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu May 11, 2017 12:39 pm

Irene doesnt trust Spark that much, She feels like Spark is trying to use them to get closer to his goal, and since she doesn't know what it is she doesn't want to get used to relying on him.
She doesn't dislike Spark, which is why she isn't speaking against him, but she doesn'tknow Spark either.

Also in the middle of the new sheet. Appeantly I got an edge too

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 11, 2017 1:10 pm

I found another problem with the new sheet. It does not determine what is attack or satt and instead just puts the att stat as the damage :/

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:18 pm

Oh fuck me, you're right. Stupid excel coding not working how it's supposed to grumble....

EDIT: Alright, fixed. In my defence, I did warn you guys that I'd fiddled with the coding :roll:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu May 11, 2017 1:25 pm

Natrivv wrote:Irene doesnt trust Spark that much, She feels like Spark is trying to use them to get closer to his goal, and since she doesn't know what it is she doesn't want to get used to relying on him.
She doesn't dislike Spark, which is why she isn't speaking against him, but she doesn't know Spark either.
Those are valid concerns, but it doesn't seem like a particularly good reason to jeopardize our anonymity. Again, either we all should suit up or everyone else should take off their suits.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:43 pm

We might be forced to take them off anyway, if the Spark won't let Koa and Izzy refresh theirs. It is supposed to be a "Daily" ability, after all.

Also the ATK/SATK column in the Trainer Combat tab was also bugged, so you guys will need to fix that too. And thanks for bug-testing this for me! :lol:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Dusk9 wrote:We might be forced to take them off anyway, if the Spark won't let Koa and Izzy refresh theirs. It is supposed to be a "Daily" ability, after all.

Also the ATK/SATK column in the Trainer Combat tab was also bugged, so you guys will need to fix that too. And thanks for bug-testing this for me! :lol:
Can you also fix weird power for cushion? ...that's all I need it for

Also decided to take basic balls. lv 12 I'm going to get novice gen edu so I can has hobbist.

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu May 11, 2017 1:48 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote: Those are valid concerns, but it doesn't seem like a particularly good reason to jeopardize our anonymity. Again, either we all should suit up or everyone else should take off their suits.
You're right. going to edit my post to reflect that.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 11, 2017 4:17 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote:Those are valid concerns, but it doesn't seem like a particularly good reason to jeopardize our anonymity. Again, either we all should suit up or everyone else should take off their suits.
I don't entirely understand that. How does somebody not wearing a supersuit make people realise you're wearing supersuits?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 11, 2017 4:25 pm

I think vader is more conserned that enemies will put two and two together and go after the whole group if one is exposed.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 11, 2017 4:28 pm

... What? Are the suits disguises or something?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu May 11, 2017 4:30 pm

That was the whole point of them at the beginning, to let us do anti-Godslayer shenanigans without them knowing it's our characters doing it. The suit power-ups are a recent development.

This is what the suits kinda look like, as a refresher
► Show Spoiler
They cover the face and even mask our auras.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:35 pm

They even disguise our Pokemon while we're wearing them.

Also, I still say we should totally make up some codenames for each other too :roll:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 12, 2017 2:30 am

Huh. Okay, yeah, I see your point in the whole 'all or nothing' deal.

Also, I've been looking at how I'd try rebuilding Alex, and... Man, I could've done better to start with. Why did I get Focus and PokeEdu up to novice? There was probably a reason. I messed up the level 2 and 5 bonuses, so at level 2 I'd taken an Adept Skill as the bonus, and at level 5 I took an Edge instead of a Feature. Other than that... Actually, other than that it wasn't too bad, planning-wise. Anyway, I've set up a sheet which (I think) works, with Commander replaced by Aura Guardian. Thoughts? And yes, Perception is still Pathetic. I'm thinking to try Dusk's idea of using Intuition instead. There'll still be things he can't see, but he'll be less useless athletically. Maybe he'll stop falling off cliffs.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 12, 2017 4:39 am

Maybe changing two different skills to pathetic so you do not have to waste edges on the pathetic ones? Like uh...survival and an edu?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 12, 2017 4:51 am

Eh, don't really know what else I'd do with the edges, and it sorta feels like... I dunno. The skills relating to his background are sort of significant to me? Like, you could say he's managed to get fit, but it's significant that at one point he was frail, and that's why he's so wordy.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:08 am

Looks good to me. Though. I'm wondering why you bothered to put any points in SATK. Planning on getting Aura Sphere/Focus Blast later on?

There's also no reason you can't leave Athletics/Acrobatics low, since neither of them actively affects combat stuff that much. Sure, they increase your Power, Throwing, and Movement stats, but you don't really need those too much. Combat, on the other hand, would be really useful, since it buffs your Struggle attacks and Combat Maneuvers. Thematically, you can always say that Alex is pretty weak physically, but knows enough about technique to catch enemies off guard and hit them in their weak spots.

Of course, if you're just annoyed about always failing physical checks, that's a fair enough reason to upgrade them :lol:

Oh, and the +damage column in your Trainer Combat tab is still busted. It won't show +damage from stats until you fix it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri May 12, 2017 6:42 am

Yeah, would pick up Aura Sphere next level. It's technically better than Force Palm, but lacks the paralyse, so I'm thinking I'll split them. I'd get a feature after a while that lets me spend an AP to use both stats for an attack, so I figure it won't be too big of a problem.

And yeah, maybe combat would work out, but the main idea was to stop falling off cliffs. :shifty: :P
I could probably leave Acrobatics at rank 1, actually and put that edge into something else. I don't think it's played into the Don't-fall-to-your-death rolls... Yeah, screw it, let's up his combat a bit. Makes a little sense with Aura Guardian being a fighty class.

As for the combat tab... Yeah, I hadn't considered that. Fixed now.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri May 12, 2017 11:36 am

I found an old Blessed and Damned homebrew for Volcanion, btw. The quality of the writing is a bit subpar and the distribution of effects for the Major Gifts isn't accurate to how they're written in TBatD, but it could serve as a good jumping off point to make our own homebrew of it.

Speaking of, while reading through the Gift effects I noticed a pattern to how their effects were distributed.

Lower Pantheon
1 Minor Gift, giving a minor effect or a lesser Move (like most Edges)
2 Major Gifts (Lake Guardians and Shaymin being the exceptions, giving 1 and 3 respectively)
- A Capability and an Ability
- A unique effect and an Ability
- An Ability and the Legendary's signature Move
- A unique effect and the Legendary's signature Move

Upper Pantheon
1 Minor Gift, same as above
3 Major Gifts (Mewtwo being the only exception, giving 2)
- A Capability, a unique effect, and an Ability
- 2 unique effects and an Ability
- 3 unique effects (rarely)
1 Pact Gift, which is almost always the Legendary's signature Move

With this pattern in mind, if we wanted to homebrew some of the recent Legendaries for our game, it shouldn't be too difficult to do that.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:42 pm

Hmm...well, based off that formula;

Cosmog Line - Upper Pantheon
► Show Spoiler
Guardian Dieties - Lower Pantheon
► Show Spoiler
I left Necrozma alone, for obvious reasons... :roll:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 12, 2017 2:50 pm

Eh I think it should not have portals at all but since the creation trio is daily then so should cosmog. Tapu bulu is more heal than the tapu lele. Bulu has grassy terrain shenanigans while tapu lele has more utility.

Edit: it was my imagination bulu does not have ingrain. Why? I dunno

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:08 pm

I was thinking Weekly because I figured it wouldn't have a distance limit. Like, you could use it to jump between cities (as long as you had been there before). Or maybe even between dimensions, since that's gonna be a thing apparently.

And I was basing it off their descriptions in Bulbapedia. Lele has healing scales, Bubu can rip up trees, Fini makes fog, and Koko has...electric powers?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri May 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Yeah, homebrewing stuff would definitely be possible. Been considering giving that a try myself, but haven't had the time/proper motivation for it yet... As is customary, I will wait until the absolute last possible moment, then do it. :roll:

Also, what, are you under the impression he wouldn't be willing to grant you a friendly blessing? :P

Some quick personal feedback on suggested homebrew by Izzy- I personally don't think the cosmog line is as much dark/light as it is day/night, but I see what you're getting at with it. It'd probably give a different kind of bonus depending on whether it is day or night, or, indeed, whether it is dark or light?

Anyways, gonna take a look at those type-shifted pokemon now... Let's see!

Fern: Yeah, I don't think there's much that needs to be changed here... Abilities seem fine for a steel type it's gonna be retaining, and it will otherwise just become a relatively slow flying mon. Move-wise we'd probably replace pin missile and ingrain. We could potentially replace either anticipation or analytic for something more flying oriented?

Maku: Hmm... Always tougher since we're essentially adding on not replacing- Likely replace either sheer force or thick fat with something else, also become generally a slow flying mover and... Hmm, maybe give a couple of free flying moves..? Otherwise it'd mostly have to be TM's I think.

Slugma: Let's look at this little abomination of nature... Most abilities still seem to fit fine for a fire/grass type, I'd just replace heat mirage with a grass ability. As for moves... We could replace the rock moves with equivalent grass moves, but I believe you mentioned you really don't want that, so I suppose the alternative would be to do it similar to Maku, where you only get a couple moves naturally?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:18 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Some quick personal feedback on suggested homebrew by Izzy- I personally don't think the cosmog line is as much dark/light as it is day/night, but I see what you're getting at with it. It'd probably give a different kind of bonus depending on whether it is day or night, or, indeed, whether it is dark or light?
Yeah, I see what you mean. What about a bonus to some skill(s) when in direct sun/moonlight?
M0rtimer wrote: Fern: Yeah, I don't think there's much that needs to be changed here... Abilities seem fine for a steel type it's gonna be retaining, and it will otherwise just become a relatively slow flying mon. Move-wise we'd probably replace pin missile and ingrain. We could potentially replace either anticipation or analytic for something more flying oriented?
Ingrain can be swapped for Roost easily, and I guess Pin Missile for....Aerial Ace? To be honest I don't think it really needs replacing that much, since it's a spike-based move rather than Grass-based. There's also Power Whip, which we decided to swap for Drill Peck. Not sure what other abilities might fit her, though. Light Metal kinda works, but it's also absolutely god-awful on her (the playtest version lowers DEF and raises SPD, which is actively harmful for her in almost every way). Other than that, Windveiled maybe?
M0rtimer wrote: Maku: Hmm... Always tougher since we're essentially adding on not replacing- Likely replace either sheer force or thick fat with something else, also become generally a slow flying mover and... Hmm, maybe give a couple of free flying moves..? Otherwise it'd mostly have to be TM's I think.
Only Flying Moves I'm interested in are Roost, Acrobatics, and maybe Aerial Ace, all of which are TM moves. So yeah, not super bothered about his Movelist changing (though having Acrobatics/Aerial Ace on there somewhere would be pretty nice...). I'm cool with losing Sheer Force too, but Thick Fat I'd like to keep (to counteract that Flying weakness to Ice). Unless you want to swap it with Windveiled...? :shifty: :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 12, 2017 5:13 pm

I only want to keep ancient power really. Maybe change rest to synthesis, and other normal or rock moves to rough grass equivalents.