Immortals in the Serene Court (Hurrah! 13.8)

Home to all current Forum Games.

Moderator: Games Moderators

Immortals in the Serene Court (Hurrah! 13.8)

Postby Quarg » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Previously on The Immortals
A month ago...Court of the Seven Bells
The rain pummeled the streets of Avedon as darkness fell. The wind whipped across the narrow court of seven bells. Usually at this time of night the court was filled with locals drinking and eating around the base of the two ancient oaks that called it home. Now only the sound of rain drops on the stone slabs could be made out. And the sound of two sets of feet splashing.

The sedan chair appeared in one of the many narrow lanes entering the square. Two small koblods with wide brimmed hats to keep out the rain seemed to be trying to move as fast as their legs could make out on the slick stones of the city. As the sedan chair neared the center of the square, four figures emerged from the shadows of the court.

The lead koblod slowed slightly as he saw the figure emerge from the narrow lane which led to their destination. He slowed even more as the tall figure raised a hand and shouted, "Who goes there..."

"We have a Doctor yes? Go to House of Ambassador Empire now...he sick..."

"This way is barred, you shall not pass..."

The koblods slowed to a stop. And a small figure appeared out of the sedan and looked about. "Why have we stopped? The short, orange goblin asked, trying to keep himself as dry in the small confines of the chair.

"Man say way is blocked..."

The goblin emerged more from the chair and calls out..."Who says...I am bringing a doctor to my employer the honorable..."

The figure moves in closer to the chair, as do the other four figures, slowly surrounding the chair. "There is no honor in the Empire...tonight its ambassador dies, tomorrow it shall die..."

The goblin is taken aback by this, but his hand moves to the small morning star on his belt.

The sedan chair rattles as a narrow, tall man in a dark cloak appears. "I am Doctor Youtof, accredited to the Star Chamber itself...let us pass or you..."

The figure cut him off, "I do not fear the minions of Drago or the Serene Court...if you do not leave...you shall be found in the Grand Canal tomorrow morning..."

The doctor stands for a moment, letting the rain be the only sound. His eyes narrow as his figers grasp the end of a peice of ivory in his cloak pocket. Without warning he turns on his heal and drops back into the sedan chair. A sudden white flash of light emerging from his hand and smacking into the figure that had been slowly moving up behind him.

The goblin suddenly charges at the speaker, the one blocking the way. The sound of chuckling suddenly turns into a swear as what should have been an easy kill turns into a rather akward fight.

The doctor hears the thump of something hitting the wall of the sedan chair wall above his head. He looks out the small window to see that his target is now firmly stuck in a glob of white webbing locking him to the nearby oak. A second figure now hides behind the other tree, as the Doctor looks over he see's movement and then another thump into the wall of the sedan chair just a breath away from the small window.
"By the four Gods if I get out of here..." The sound of metal hitting metal draws his attention. The goblin named Merek seems to be distracting the spokesman of the group. The man is flailing around with a long sword trying to hit the smaller goblin but seems to be too slow.

The fourth figure, a massive hulk too large to be a man, slowly marches up towards the two. The Doctor winces and wonders where the koblods have run off to...

*Zhang*, the sound fills the air as the smell of ozone and brimstone mixing fills the air. The large hulking shape is no longer standing but lies prone, the signs of the water actually evaporating from his armor now.

"Ahh...You son of a mother f**** toad squirl..." screams the spokesman as the goblin uses the sudden distraction to nail his opponent squarely between the legs.

Youtof hears someone running around the sedan chair. He grabs one of the small orbs in his pocket and throws it at the running figure. It misses, hitting the ground. But the resulting fireball throws the figure off their feet and into the shuttered window of a wine store.

"Doctor...come quickly..." shouts the goblin and Youtof grabbs his chest and runs from the saftey of the sedan chair towards the Via Natadia and the saftey of the Imperial Embassy. He sees the spokesman attempt to rise. But he drops as a crackling energy bolt zooms where his head had been a moment before. The doctor looks over his shoulder, in the distance a faint blue light hangs in the bell tower of the local temple.

He turns his attention back to the narrow pathway and saftey. His mind wondering who wants the Imperial Ambassador dead, and who was interfering against them.


Morning...The Capel
The tall, thin man in a red jacket looked at the slightly shorter man before him. "Yes, sir...you want a booth under the quarter deck" He said without any inflection in his voice.

"Yeah...I don't need my associate here having to have his damn head against the bulkhead the whole way out. That and I prefer to have my drinks served to me." The Imperial Merchant replied, his lanquage more of the hard knocks part of the empire than one of those from the merchant families.

The steward looked up at the massive bulk of the Orc behind the man. "Just down there sir...take any open booth..." he replied.
He turned his attention back to the dock but noticed that the gangway had finally been pulled back.

The steward stepped up to the rail and looked up at the Skipper working the tiller on the quarter deck. a short stubby dwarf with long locks of fire red hair. "Sir, we're leaving so soon? I only have a few passengers...an elvish lady, a goblin and warrior of some type, that doctor fellow you gave the booth to, four maids and that foul Cook of the Keth'a family, oh and that merchant and his Orc servant..." he protested.

"We got a hold full of port and sherry that needs to be at the dock in two bells. Let alone all that damn produce filling up the forecastle. Yeah, not much in passengers this morning, but most will head out on the noon boat I'd say..." the Skipper replied, focused on watching the dock men throw in the lines.

The steward nodded as the Capel began to move, the lanteen sails being raised by the small crew. "I will open the bar then..."

The steward looked at the main cabin, the hardback seats found the maids, the snoring cook, and the two performers. "The bar will open in five minutes he called before turning into the much more comfortable stern lounge. Here small booths lined the two sides of the ship while a small bar filled in across the stern windows. The ceiling here was much higher, almost six and a half feet, but the doctor was still having problems with the beams when he entered.

The steward moved behind his short bar and then rang the bell to signal the bar was open. He smiled a moment at the elven lady, a woman of obvious quality. Although where she had gotten such a big eared dog confused him. The steward noted that the merchant was looking over the whole room from his chosen starboard stern booth right next to him. He nodded at the order for a spiced rum from the man and waited to see who would order next before fetching it.
Last edited by Quarg on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:48 am, edited 19 times in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr
User avatar
Quarg
.
 
Posts: 4863
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:58 pm

Speaks nods his head in acknowledgement. He begins by summoning his eldion and starts prepping for the preformace. He puts on his garbs and the outfit for his eilidon abd starts putting various arcane marks on the clothes.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13938
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:47 pm

Arg'ak follows his employer below and seats himself sideways on the booth bench opposite Mr. Val with one muscular tattooed arm resting on the back of the booth and the other on the table. The small human didn't seem to be expecting trouble while on the boat, but Arg wanted to be ready to stand at a moment's notice. He approved of the merchant's choice of booth, as it gave a good vantage of the entire lounge.

OOC question
Wondering if Val knows of Arg's dragon or not, I'm fine either way, just want to know for RP purposes. Related to that, what would be Val's feeling on employees drinking on the job? Considering ordering something to dip Timmy in to get the daily drink out of the way.
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 12130
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Quarg » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:33 pm

[spoil=OCC Answer]
In the 17th century, people would only drink brewed substances. So ordering a small beer (which is small because of the alcohol content) would be perfectly normal.
And Val likely doesn't know that much about your dragon necklace... [/spoiler]
Last edited by Quarg on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr
User avatar
Quarg
.
 
Posts: 4863
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:48 pm

That is why the clerics have purify water...
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13938
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Synch » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:22 pm

"Whiskey, single malt. Neat." Makita tipped his hat at the barman as he ordered, rolling an ace of spades through his fingers in a motion that looked to make it disappear and reappear.
A quick glance around the room from under the brim of his hat told him that most people here didn't seem the type to recognise him. The merchant was well off to have such a strapping bodyguard - an orc who looked like he knew his way around a fight. Attractive elven lady; seemed more warrior than noblewoman, certainly one he would have flirted with in times past before everything was ripped away. Mysterious doctor; definitely not human and one to watch. Bunch of dime a dozen maids, some nondescript man. His goblin companion; didn't know him too well yet and not someone he would typically attach himself to but best to keep up appearances. Especially heading to this next gig. An opera, bound to be plenty of nobles and the like. Makita's stomach churned as uneasiness washed over him. Didn't feel right. Fingers crossed none of them knew him, he was sick of the dust of the lonely road.
Last edited by Synch on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
games
GM for Children of Ash, a post-apocalyptic survival story.

GAL: Leaves No Trace
M0rtimer's PTU: Trinity Isles: Bjorn Felman, a Capture Specialist/Rider/Frost Touched
Quarg's D&D Immortals in the Serene Court: Makita Pantalion, a human pistolero
Spiderwrangler's Surviving Castle Heterodyne: Enoch Ayreslea-Sleight, a biologist
User avatar
Synch
Game Master
 
Posts: 4396
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Quarg » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:45 pm

OCC Synch
Do you want to go with declaring you recognize no one or do you want to roll a d20 to see how well your memory works? Normally I will do the rolls but I'll let your luck decide this rather important one
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr
User avatar
Quarg
.
 
Posts: 4863
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:35 pm

Arg reclines slightly against his pack where it rested on the booth bench (unless this was intended as a day trip with Mr. Val, in which case he likely would have left it in the storeroom/sleeping area), and as the barkeep looks around for other orders, speaks up in a deep growl. "Ale. Please."
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 12130
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Amara » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Spoiler: show
I regret I may be posting at odd times for a bit. Still trying to kick this illness. It's moved in to my chest now, and it's making it nigh impossible to fall asleep.


Jäger had decided it was best to sit still, time being; he had already managed to hit his head on multiple occasions, and didn't much like the idea of concluding the morning with any further head trauma. He had run his current location and assignment through his head at least a dozen times to reassure himself. The entire time he sat rigidly still; in fact, he had now been sitting, seemingly unmoving, with his elbows at the booth table in front of him, hands steepled at his chin for some time. The world around him was still amber tinted--a relief, though it was dimmer here than outside--as an accident in childhood had left him sensitive to bright light, or so he would claim to anyone that asked about his unusual eyewear.

"Tea, if it is available." The tall man's voice was monotone. His gaze turned as he spoke, but he otherwise did not move. It was difficult to track his eyes behind the thick lenses of his glasses.
User avatar
Amara
Spokesperson in Training
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:03 pm
Location: Somewhere buried in research papers.

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Synch » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:28 pm

ooc
I'll go with Lady Luck; Makita's memory is pretty fragmented and its rather random what he does and doesn't remember about previous contacts and employers etc, so a dice roll seems suitable.

Memory check: 1D20 = [12] = 12
games
GM for Children of Ash, a post-apocalyptic survival story.

GAL: Leaves No Trace
M0rtimer's PTU: Trinity Isles: Bjorn Felman, a Capture Specialist/Rider/Frost Touched
Quarg's D&D Immortals in the Serene Court: Makita Pantalion, a human pistolero
Spiderwrangler's Surviving Castle Heterodyne: Enoch Ayreslea-Sleight, a biologist
User avatar
Synch
Game Master
 
Posts: 4396
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Tea » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:39 pm

[spoil]Gah! It's starting![/spoil]
Aajej glanced around the room, then found a booth where any morning sunlight coming through the window behind the bar was not going to be shining directly in her eyes and sat down. She was glad that the there were few passengers this voyage; otherwise, she did not relish the thought of trying to think over the noises of too many tongues all trying to be heard over each other. For now, though the room seemed to be keeping a nice level of quiet. In another time and another place, she would, perhaps, find it relaxing. She stopped that thought: this was not another time and and this was certainly not another place. Thinking it anything different would accomplish nothing but waste both time and thoughts. In the meantime, she waited until most of the other passengers had ordered before speaking.
"Coffee if you can manage that, she said, not being too interested in what she'd was ordering, "If not, just please try not to make it anything too interesting."
User avatar
Tea
Is Heard Often
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:08 pm

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Quarg » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:39 pm

Arg
Begins to settle into the booth when suddenly Mr. Val says
"jagh jup yIjatlh, ba'taH nIS...please" quietly as his eyes lock onto the tall human at the bar.
translation
Friend who may be enemy sit, need seat....please

Which was the first time you ever heard him say anything in Orkish that wasn't just a swear. Of course Orkish doesn't have a word for please. You also note that he indicates your seat for the man to sit.

Makita
As the steward drops a small glass of whiskey in front of you and demands three silver for it (apparently it is quite pricey aboard) He then hands the merchant his drink. You catch each other's eye and the man's eyes narrow as your brain begins to pull stuff from the myst that is your memory.
Memories
You recognize him from...somewhere.
You know he isn't a friend, but also not an enemy...a feeling of respect...a former rival perhaps?
Also he is quite capable at using tribarrels...
Name is Val'dar...


The man says something to the Orc in the booth. The merchant and gunslinger then indicates with his mug that you should sit with him. The dark grey eyes are of a hard man who likely won't be appreciative of being dismissed.

Everyone else
A mug of ale is slapped down on the small bar before the steward turns to something in the corner where he makes some mutterings and pokes at some device. The creak of the ship and the tilt of the deck disguise what he is saying, but not the smell of eel oil being lit and the bang of metal on metal.

As the snake begins to appear on deck in the forward cabin, well one of the maids looks down and makes a piercing high pitched scream. The steward turns from his puttering. He scowls as he looks down the length of both cabins before vanishing under the bar and reappearing like a ghost striding across the tilted deck to the small goblin.

The steward stares down at Speaks, his green eyes quite hard and says, "What exactly sir, do you mean by summoning this creature?" He takes not a threating posture, but that of authority disciplining someone younger with his hands behind his back.

A moment later the heads of two sailors look in from the hatch. They glance around until they notice the winged creature and the goblin being faced off by the steward.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr
User avatar
Quarg
.
 
Posts: 4863
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Arg nods and shifts himself out of the booth. He scoops up his ale at the bar and plunks down the required coin.

(He'll stand or sit within a few strides of Mr. Val and his new companion, giving his employer privacy, but being within a short enough distance to respond if necessary)
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 12130
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Synch » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:22 pm

Makita locks eyes with the merchant and turns to face him, using Sleight of Hand to make the playing card vanish before knocking back his drink in a single gulp and placing it loudly on the bar along with four silver coins. Val'dar - there's a face he hadn't seen in some time, but his exact dealings with him were still hazy. Couldn't hurt to see what he wants, better pretend that the details of our past encounters haven't been forgotten though.

He saunters slowly over, making a show of tucking his jacket behind his holster to have his pistol on display before waiting for the orc to vacate the seat and sliding into the booth. He sits himself opposite Val'dar, keeping his left hand below the table both to have it close to his pistol but also to hide the fact that it sometimes trembles now in times of tiredness, stress or anticipation. He stares at Val'dar for some time before releasing a small smile at the corner of his mouth.
"Ah, Val'dar you scoundrel. How long has it been?"
Last edited by Synch on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
games
GM for Children of Ash, a post-apocalyptic survival story.

GAL: Leaves No Trace
M0rtimer's PTU: Trinity Isles: Bjorn Felman, a Capture Specialist/Rider/Frost Touched
Quarg's D&D Immortals in the Serene Court: Makita Pantalion, a human pistolero
Spiderwrangler's Surviving Castle Heterodyne: Enoch Ayreslea-Sleight, a biologist
User avatar
Synch
Game Master
 
Posts: 4396
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:29 pm

"Oh my apologies sir, I am preparing for my preformace, my elidon is part of the act. I did not mean to startle you."
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13938
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Tea » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:14 pm

Aajej was startled out of her thoughts by the shrill scream in the other cabin and looked up just in time to see the barkeeper-steward--even though she could have sworn he'd been all the way at the back of the cabin by the window mere moments ago--walk across the floor and start reprimanding someone--the exact nature of the other person or persons was obscured by the doorframe, so she contented herself with only watching the steward's half of the conversation. Whatever it was, however, he did not appear threatened, so she went back to examining the table in front of her and trying not to watch the strangely dressed tall man seated on the other side of the room.

Simoom also looks over at the source of the scream, but since he hasn't been ordered to do anything about it, he just sits very still and watches.
User avatar
Tea
Is Heard Often
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:08 pm

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Amara » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:32 pm

At the sound of screaming, Jäger's previous rigidly straight posture vanished; he checked all of his weapon's quickly, and his head swiveled in the direction the sound had come from. When the Steward moved, he tensed as if to rise from his seat himself.
He didn't get up just yet, though his eyes narrowed at the man's seeming 'disappearance'. Now he studied the floor where the Steward had departed. (19)
User avatar
Amara
Spokesperson in Training
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:03 pm
Location: Somewhere buried in research papers.

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Quarg » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:16 pm

OOC: The stern cabin is not that big...and the other cabin is the size of an old passenger railroad car

Speaks
"I see...and do you normally perform in taverns and private homes without asking permission?"
He waves away your response,
"Never mind, I have guests to see to...follow me and please describe your performance since I need to know what you plan to do before I permit you do to so. Your creature can either go out and wait on the main deck, " He points to the hatch above their heads, "...Or he can attend you and stay from underfoot of my guests in there." This tone is not unfriendly but authoritative, quite confident that in this situation he is in authority.
He then turns and walks back across the cabin deck to the bar letting Speaks follow.

Makita
Val'dar blinks as your statement and seems about to retort something, but his eyes lock back looking at the hand vanishing under the table. "Well, before we reminisce how about we lay all our cards on the table here...I'd like to know where you stand with Urgnach's happy band so I'll show you my wrists and you show me yours..." which he does, both hands laying on the table between you with his naked, blank wrists exposed.
Memory
Urgnach is someone who's name is there but connected to hate, furry...
You will need to choose to go after that thought though....

Nagging detail about the wrists also...again have to chase after if you want to know more



Arg
You notice several things about the conversation, though with the open cabin floor fairly empty your sort of stuck being the only thing of intrest besides the steward himself.
Memory
You've seen Orcs show their wrist before staring a fight...or deciding not to start a fight. As a clanless Orc you've sort of never been told what was going on...though your father did tell you that to know an Orcs true place in the clan was to see their wrists.
Urgnach is a much admired Orc by other Orcs...you've heard him called Ves Ra'wl (War Leader) or Mangghom Ra'wl (Army Leader) also Orcs and half Orcs like to quote him at times when discussing how to fight.


Aajej
The steward turns and walks back into the room. He nods at you and states, "It will be a moment ma'm would you like honey with that coffee?"

Jager
You hear the steward talking behind you forward, where the scream came from. The apparent spot where he disappeared from unfortunatly lies beyond the bar. All you can see it a black metal device with two pots apparently being heated on it. Where the steward reappeared on the deck is visible. It has a slight glow that vanishes a moment later. It appears that there are runes painted on the deck almost the same color as the rest of the deck forming a pattern of some sort...
Spoiler: show
Tell me what skill or knowledge you want to apply to knowing about the runes and what your bonus is on that...(Local/dugoneering/engineering/architecture/nobility all are applicable)
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr
User avatar
Quarg
.
 
Posts: 4863
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Arg sets his ale down, shrugging his shoulders to loosen his powerful muscles. He stands ready to aid his employer if he is called upon. He'll focus on the conversation to make sure he doesn't miss anything (using dragon golem... he would have gave him a drink the previous day, so hopefully he's still happy).

Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 12130
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Amara » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:32 pm

Spoiler: show
What about spellcraft, since they're runes? (19) again, if so. My spellcraft is at a +6. Dungeoneering is at a +5.
Since I imagine dungeoneering would give me materials, and that engineering/architecture would give me construction method. (Though I only have dungeoneering, out of that list, as an inquisitor.)
User avatar
Amara
Spokesperson in Training
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:03 pm
Location: Somewhere buried in research papers.

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:26 pm

"Has my employer not asked permission for the show coming up in the next few moments? Surely he has done so or I wouldnot be preparing for the preformace. As for you knowing what will happen, it is not easy to sumerize it andnot give it away, we are going to do a play."
"you make good replacement of act, yes? Maybe have monster costume? We do not have? Hmm? No no wont work. Too many legs and not enough mobility." The winged snake speaks to the steward.
"Dra'Kan come on he is just worried about
"-Me. I know. Shall I stay or go."
"Come with me, need you close for showtime."
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13938
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Quarg » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:40 pm

Amara wrote:
Spoiler: show
What about spellcraft, since they're runes? (19) again, if so. My spellcraft is at a +6. Dungeoneering is at a +5.
Since I imagine dungeoneering would give me materials, and that engineering/architecture would give me construction method. (Though I only have dungeoneering, out of that list, as an inquisitor.)


Spoiler: show
They are a special type of rune-craft for spatial magic (magic that effects entire regions of space) you have some knowledge about them, being used by necromancers to control undead, but also used by others for security...(spell suppression) however the creation of those runes usually involve the manufacture of tiles or stones by a rather hermit kingdom far to the east mostly populated by white kitsune and tend to be very, very expensive.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr
User avatar
Quarg
.
 
Posts: 4863
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Synch » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Makita glances in the direction of a scream, nothing dangerous, before turning back to to Val'dar. He takes a moment to gather his thoughts.

memory checks
Memory check Urgnach: 1D20 = [16] = 16
Memory check wrists: 1D20 = [15] = 15
I'll make another action if I uncover any more information.
games
GM for Children of Ash, a post-apocalyptic survival story.

GAL: Leaves No Trace
M0rtimer's PTU: Trinity Isles: Bjorn Felman, a Capture Specialist/Rider/Frost Touched
Quarg's D&D Immortals in the Serene Court: Makita Pantalion, a human pistolero
Spiderwrangler's Surviving Castle Heterodyne: Enoch Ayreslea-Sleight, a biologist
User avatar
Synch
Game Master
 
Posts: 4396
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Quarg » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:12 am

Synch wrote:Makita glances in the direction of a scream, nothing dangerous, before turning back to to Val'dar. He takes a moment to gather his thoughts.

memory checks
Memory check Urgnach: 1D20 = [16] = 16
Memory check wrists: 1D20 = [15] = 15
I'll make another action if I uncover any more information.


Memories
Urgnach - That Orc had made merry hell with you for months back in the army. He had caused your greatest personal victory, the taking of the Fortress at Three Dragons to come to naught [Can dig into the history of the battle]. You led two companies that night and damn well pushed an entire Orc Centra to abandon it [important personal reasons but again need to dig]. But Cohort Commander Urgnach had somehow moved five Orc cohorts from the far north at the elven front and then get across the Thunder River, flanking the army. The Army, at the very point of victory in the war was forced to retreat from the Thunder River and left you running around with the rest of the First, having a series of inconsequential skirmishes with Urgnach's cohorts, across Estaria until winter set in two months later.

Geography/Historical Notes:
Thunder River was/is the official western border of the Empire with the Orc tribes.
Estaria most western province of the Empire invaded by Orcs in retaliation for the Empire supporting the Northern Elven Kingdoms against them.

Military Knowledge:
Orc Cohort - Term for a clan based fighting unit, usually all of a singular clan or allied clans, typically Orc cohorts can be near 5,000 fighters usually divided into five or more Centra. However many Orc cohorts are understrength.

Company - Typically 100 fighters

Wrists - You know back from the war that for the first time known, Orc's hired mercenaries to help strengthen their Cohorts. More than once you found someone from the Temple Battalion - with their distinctive owl eye collar pins- looking at the inside of the wrists of either captured prisoners or the dead. Most of the Merc's wore simple twisted rope bracelets with a bit of metal and a symbol on it some actually were branded or tattooed there.

You also remember running into your allies, the Northern Elves, doing the same. But when they found a human with specific symbols tattooed (or branded) on their right or left wrist, they cut the prisoner's throat without hesitation (as well as doing likewise to any other humanoids so found like goblins).
Last edited by Quarg on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr
User avatar
Quarg
.
 
Posts: 4863
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:56 am

Ths is Dra'Kan.
[spoil]Image[/spoil]
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13938
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Next

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests