Immortals in the Serene Court (Hurrah! 13.8)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Immortals in the Serene Court (Hurrah! 13.8)

Post by Quarg » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:59 pm

► Show Spoiler
Morning...The Capel
The tall, thin man in a red jacket looked at the slightly shorter man before him. "Yes, sir...you want a booth under the quarter deck" He said without any inflection in his voice.

"Yeah...I don't need my associate here having to have his damn head against the bulkhead the whole way out. That and I prefer to have my drinks served to me." The Imperial Merchant replied, his lanquage more of the hard knocks part of the empire than one of those from the merchant families.

The steward looked up at the massive bulk of the Orc behind the man. "Just down there sir...take any open booth..." he replied.
He turned his attention back to the dock but noticed that the gangway had finally been pulled back.

The steward stepped up to the rail and looked up at the Skipper working the tiller on the quarter deck. a short stubby dwarf with long locks of fire red hair. "Sir, we're leaving so soon? I only have a few passengers...an elvish lady, a goblin and warrior of some type, that doctor fellow you gave the booth to, four maids and that foul Cook of the Keth'a family, oh and that merchant and his Orc servant..." he protested.

"We got a hold full of port and sherry that needs to be at the dock in two bells. Let alone all that damn produce filling up the forecastle. Yeah, not much in passengers this morning, but most will head out on the noon boat I'd say..." the Skipper replied, focused on watching the dock men throw in the lines.

The steward nodded as the Capel began to move, the lanteen sails being raised by the small crew. "I will open the bar then..."

The steward looked at the main cabin, the hardback seats found the maids, the snoring cook, and the two performers. "The bar will open in five minutes he called before turning into the much more comfortable stern lounge. Here small booths lined the two sides of the ship while a small bar filled in across the stern windows. The ceiling here was much higher, almost six and a half feet, but the doctor was still having problems with the beams when he entered.

The steward moved behind his short bar and then rang the bell to signal the bar was open. He smiled a moment at the elven lady, a woman of obvious quality. Although where she had gotten such a big eared dog confused him. The steward noted that the merchant was looking over the whole room from his chosen starboard stern booth right next to him. He nodded at the order for a spiced rum from the man and waited to see who would order next before fetching it.
Last edited by Quarg on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:48 am, edited 19 times in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Immortals in the Serene Court

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:58 pm

Speaks nods his head in acknowledgement. He begins by summoning his eldion and starts prepping for the preformace. He puts on his garbs and the outfit for his eilidon abd starts putting various arcane marks on the clothes.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:47 pm

Arg'ak follows his employer below and seats himself sideways on the booth bench opposite Mr. Val with one muscular tattooed arm resting on the back of the booth and the other on the table. The small human didn't seem to be expecting trouble while on the boat, but Arg wanted to be ready to stand at a moment's notice. He approved of the merchant's choice of booth, as it gave a good vantage of the entire lounge.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:33 pm

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Quarg on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:48 pm

That is why the clerics have purify water...

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:22 pm

"Whiskey, single malt. Neat." Makita tipped his hat at the barman as he ordered, rolling an ace of spades through his fingers in a motion that looked to make it disappear and reappear.
A quick glance around the room from under the brim of his hat told him that most people here didn't seem the type to recognise him. The merchant was well off to have such a strapping bodyguard - an orc who looked like he knew his way around a fight. Attractive elven lady; seemed more warrior than noblewoman, certainly one he would have flirted with in times past before everything was ripped away. Mysterious doctor; definitely not human and one to watch. Bunch of dime a dozen maids, some nondescript man. His goblin companion; didn't know him too well yet and not someone he would typically attach himself to but best to keep up appearances. Especially heading to this next gig. An opera, bound to be plenty of nobles and the like. Makita's stomach churned as uneasiness washed over him. Didn't feel right. Fingers crossed none of them knew him, he was sick of the dust of the lonely road.
Last edited by Synch on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:45 pm

► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:35 pm

Arg reclines slightly against his pack where it rested on the booth bench (unless this was intended as a day trip with Mr. Val, in which case he likely would have left it in the storeroom/sleeping area), and as the barkeep looks around for other orders, speaks up in a deep growl. "Ale. Please."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:16 pm

► Show Spoiler
Jäger had decided it was best to sit still, time being; he had already managed to hit his head on multiple occasions, and didn't much like the idea of concluding the morning with any further head trauma. He had run his current location and assignment through his head at least a dozen times to reassure himself. The entire time he sat rigidly still; in fact, he had now been sitting, seemingly unmoving, with his elbows at the booth table in front of him, hands steepled at his chin for some time. The world around him was still amber tinted--a relief, though it was dimmer here than outside--as an accident in childhood had left him sensitive to bright light, or so he would claim to anyone that asked about his unusual eyewear.

"Tea, if it is available." The tall man's voice was monotone. His gaze turned as he spoke, but he otherwise did not move. It was difficult to track his eyes behind the thick lenses of his glasses.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:28 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:39 pm

► Show Spoiler
Aajej glanced around the room, then found a booth where any morning sunlight coming through the window behind the bar was not going to be shining directly in her eyes and sat down. She was glad that the there were few passengers this voyage; otherwise, she did not relish the thought of trying to think over the noises of too many tongues all trying to be heard over each other. For now, though the room seemed to be keeping a nice level of quiet. In another time and another place, she would, perhaps, find it relaxing. She stopped that thought: this was not another time and and this was certainly not another place. Thinking it anything different would accomplish nothing but waste both time and thoughts. In the meantime, she waited until most of the other passengers had ordered before speaking.
"Coffee if you can manage that, she said, not being too interested in what she'd was ordering, "If not, just please try not to make it anything too interesting."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:39 pm

Arg
Begins to settle into the booth when suddenly Mr. Val says
"jagh jup yIjatlh, ba'taH nIS...please" quietly as his eyes lock onto the tall human at the bar.
► Show Spoiler
Which was the first time you ever heard him say anything in Orkish that wasn't just a swear. Of course Orkish doesn't have a word for please. You also note that he indicates your seat for the man to sit.

Makita
As the steward drops a small glass of whiskey in front of you and demands three silver for it (apparently it is quite pricey aboard) He then hands the merchant his drink. You catch each other's eye and the man's eyes narrow as your brain begins to pull stuff from the myst that is your memory.
► Show Spoiler
The man says something to the Orc in the booth. The merchant and gunslinger then indicates with his mug that you should sit with him. The dark grey eyes are of a hard man who likely won't be appreciative of being dismissed.

Everyone else
A mug of ale is slapped down on the small bar before the steward turns to something in the corner where he makes some mutterings and pokes at some device. The creak of the ship and the tilt of the deck disguise what he is saying, but not the smell of eel oil being lit and the bang of metal on metal.

As the snake begins to appear on deck in the forward cabin, well one of the maids looks down and makes a piercing high pitched scream. The steward turns from his puttering. He scowls as he looks down the length of both cabins before vanishing under the bar and reappearing like a ghost striding across the tilted deck to the small goblin.

The steward stares down at Speaks, his green eyes quite hard and says, "What exactly sir, do you mean by summoning this creature?" He takes not a threating posture, but that of authority disciplining someone younger with his hands behind his back.

A moment later the heads of two sailors look in from the hatch. They glance around until they notice the winged creature and the goblin being faced off by the steward.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Arg nods and shifts himself out of the booth. He scoops up his ale at the bar and plunks down the required coin.

(He'll stand or sit within a few strides of Mr. Val and his new companion, giving his employer privacy, but being within a short enough distance to respond if necessary)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:22 pm

Makita locks eyes with the merchant and turns to face him, using Sleight of Hand to make the playing card vanish before knocking back his drink in a single gulp and placing it loudly on the bar along with four silver coins. Val'dar - there's a face he hadn't seen in some time, but his exact dealings with him were still hazy. Couldn't hurt to see what he wants, better pretend that the details of our past encounters haven't been forgotten though.

He saunters slowly over, making a show of tucking his jacket behind his holster to have his pistol on display before waiting for the orc to vacate the seat and sliding into the booth. He sits himself opposite Val'dar, keeping his left hand below the table both to have it close to his pistol but also to hide the fact that it sometimes trembles now in times of tiredness, stress or anticipation. He stares at Val'dar for some time before releasing a small smile at the corner of his mouth.
"Ah, Val'dar you scoundrel. How long has it been?"
Last edited by Synch on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:29 pm

"Oh my apologies sir, I am preparing for my preformace, my elidon is part of the act. I did not mean to startle you."

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:14 pm

Aajej was startled out of her thoughts by the shrill scream in the other cabin and looked up just in time to see the barkeeper-steward--even though she could have sworn he'd been all the way at the back of the cabin by the window mere moments ago--walk across the floor and start reprimanding someone--the exact nature of the other person or persons was obscured by the doorframe, so she contented herself with only watching the steward's half of the conversation. Whatever it was, however, he did not appear threatened, so she went back to examining the table in front of her and trying not to watch the strangely dressed tall man seated on the other side of the room.

Simoom also looks over at the source of the scream, but since he hasn't been ordered to do anything about it, he just sits very still and watches.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:32 pm

At the sound of screaming, Jäger's previous rigidly straight posture vanished; he checked all of his weapon's quickly, and his head swiveled in the direction the sound had come from. When the Steward moved, he tensed as if to rise from his seat himself.
He didn't get up just yet, though his eyes narrowed at the man's seeming 'disappearance'. Now he studied the floor where the Steward had departed. (19)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:16 pm

OOC: The stern cabin is not that big...and the other cabin is the size of an old passenger railroad car

Speaks
"I see...and do you normally perform in taverns and private homes without asking permission?"
He waves away your response,
"Never mind, I have guests to see to...follow me and please describe your performance since I need to know what you plan to do before I permit you do to so. Your creature can either go out and wait on the main deck, " He points to the hatch above their heads, "...Or he can attend you and stay from underfoot of my guests in there." This tone is not unfriendly but authoritative, quite confident that in this situation he is in authority.
He then turns and walks back across the cabin deck to the bar letting Speaks follow.

Makita
Val'dar blinks as your statement and seems about to retort something, but his eyes lock back looking at the hand vanishing under the table. "Well, before we reminisce how about we lay all our cards on the table here...I'd like to know where you stand with Urgnach's happy band so I'll show you my wrists and you show me yours..." which he does, both hands laying on the table between you with his naked, blank wrists exposed.
► Show Spoiler

Arg
You notice several things about the conversation, though with the open cabin floor fairly empty your sort of stuck being the only thing of intrest besides the steward himself.
► Show Spoiler
Aajej
The steward turns and walks back into the room. He nods at you and states, "It will be a moment ma'm would you like honey with that coffee?"

Jager
You hear the steward talking behind you forward, where the scream came from. The apparent spot where he disappeared from unfortunatly lies beyond the bar. All you can see it a black metal device with two pots apparently being heated on it. Where the steward reappeared on the deck is visible. It has a slight glow that vanishes a moment later. It appears that there are runes painted on the deck almost the same color as the rest of the deck forming a pattern of some sort...
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Arg sets his ale down, shrugging his shoulders to loosen his powerful muscles. He stands ready to aid his employer if he is called upon. He'll focus on the conversation to make sure he doesn't miss anything (using dragon golem... he would have gave him a drink the previous day, so hopefully he's still happy).
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:32 pm

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:26 pm

"Has my employer not asked permission for the show coming up in the next few moments? Surely he has done so or I wouldnot be preparing for the preformace. As for you knowing what will happen, it is not easy to sumerize it andnot give it away, we are going to do a play."
"you make good replacement of act, yes? Maybe have monster costume? We do not have? Hmm? No no wont work. Too many legs and not enough mobility." The winged snake speaks to the steward.
"Dra'Kan come on he is just worried about
"-Me. I know. Shall I stay or go."
"Come with me, need you close for showtime."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:40 pm

Amara wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Makita glances in the direction of a scream, nothing dangerous, before turning back to to Val'dar. He takes a moment to gather his thoughts.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:12 am

Synch wrote:Makita glances in the direction of a scream, nothing dangerous, before turning back to to Val'dar. He takes a moment to gather his thoughts.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Quarg on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:56 am

Ths is Dra'Kan.
► Show Spoiler