Hunters of Letrua

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Hunters of Letrua

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:16 am

Olly, Korga, Risu
Julius focuses on healing Olly, who in turn focuses on guarding himself, while Korga darts in and slashes at the Luchan's back, leaving a deep gash as it lashes out at Olly again, though he manages to fend off its attacks.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Risu
Gaul nods, taking her hand and guiding her toward the exit, speaking gently, "The adrenaline is wearing off. You may feel pretty sick soon. Let's get inside where nobody will see, then you can lay down and rest. I'll help patch you up and get a doctor, okay?" Taking Risu into the waiting room, Gaul eases her onto a bench before briefly cleaning and wrapping the more serious of her scratches and bites, making one last check before running out to fetch one of the medical staff. It feels like a long wait before he returns with a rather large woman, who sets to doting on Risu's injuries, tutting and complaining that such a young girl could be allowed to reach such a condition. A drink she gives to Risu is extremely bitter, but makes the pain and queasiness dull, leaving her feeling extremely tired as Gaul gives her hand a gentle squeeze.
(Risu gains 3SP in Combat)

Loki
Malis shrugs, "She probably expects you to learn. If you're no good, she'll lecture you until you are. It's just the way she is." Reaching out a little tentatively, she places a hand on Odin's head, petting him gently, "It's a little odd to think of a beast as cute, though. Gaul's always been the one to handle their care."

"It does take a lot of work, yes, and at many times something more straightforward can be more effective. I don't mind a... 'stiff shaft,' but the whip leaves an impression on the audience."

Malis stretches a little, putting away the whip and picking out a shorter one in replacement, about half the length, "Using the full length could end up being rather painful for you, so we'll go easy. I can probably give a fairly good account of fighting a flagelarum with this, though. We'll start with how to fend off attacks."
(You can distribute 3SP between Evasion and Dexterity.)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:28 am

Korga tears into it again, slashing at what joints she is able with her tiny hooked blades.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:56 am

Julius foucuses his magic on one the Luchan's knees, if he could heal then maybe he can do the reverse. He tries to break the ligments on one of it's knees by decaying it.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:24 am

Grimacing at the bitter taste, Risu turns to Gaul. "I think thats me done for today, can you help me back to my room please?" After Gaul aides her back to her room, she gives him a quick peck on the cheek in thanks before dropping her weapons on the floor and collapsing onto her bed, drifting off to a heavy slumber without even time to change out of her clothes.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:30 am

Olly rejoins the attack, hurling himself at the creature and trying to hold it so Korga can get a better strike at it.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:34 pm

"She can expect all she likes, I'm only going to progress at the speed I can understand. Not for lack of trying, but I do know that I'm no genius. But at least I get along with Odin well."

Loki
focuses on not getting hit (all on evasion, please). He smiles at Malis when they are done with the training, wiping his brow with the back of his hand.
"Thank you for the lesson. If you'd care for me to show you the advantages of a stiff shaft, let me know. Unless I'm scheduled for other things, I can give you a private demonstration in your quarters, whenever you want." he adds with a wink.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:47 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
Everyone attacks the luchan, the group managing to bring it down in a matter of moments, leaving the three standing over a pair of slowly dissolving demon corpses.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Olly, Koga, and Julius gain 2 Combat SP each.

Near the trio, the two corpses are dissolving, and the rock formation the demons came from stands nearby.

Risu
Gaul helps Risu to her room, cleaning her weapons and setting them on a bench before leaving quietly to let her rest. It's early afternoon when she starts feeling a little more comfortable, though tired. Her muscles feel too strained for hard work, but the aching and sickness has passed.

Loki
Malis keeps the whip lashing at a speed that will sting if it makes contact, but without leaving a serious mark, slowly building up complexity in her movements as Loki gets warmed up. They continue the exercise for a while, until Odin decides they're playing a game and starts bouncing around near Loki's feet, forcing Malis to stop her whip, "Hah, while I'd like to take you up on your offer, it seems like he's feeling a bit energetic."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:18 am

((When you say the rock formation "stands"...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:04 am

From where you're standing it looks like the Luchans walked out of a pile of large rocks... To save an update, if you check the other side there's a hollow in the pile that leads underground.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:42 am

((Just checking that we aren't looking at s baby abschir!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:46 am

((That's a good point, never know when or where you may find an abschir.))
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:54 pm

Loki chuckles and bounces around with Odin a bit, mindful not to step on him.

"Well, I can't blame him for wanting to have some fun, too. Can you?"

Loki
will hit the showers after finishing playing with Odin, and unless Malis wants to do something together, will then go to try and get some more training at smithing or - if unavailable - learn more about survival (trainer or book).
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:58 am

After finding some lunch for herself, Risu spends the afternoon playing with her repkull hatchling, and looking for any reading material that may cover anything to do with her abilities to read the thoughts of beasts, and respond in a telepathic manner.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:40 am

"Well... That was exciting.", Korga cleans her blades before heading over to the rock formations that are not baby abschir.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:57 am

"Indeed. Lets not go in the cave. We do not have the equipment for it and who knows what is in there. We can go in there next tome wexare out here."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:51 am

Olly rolls his eyes.

"Ah where's your sense of adventure!"

Olly takes a brand from the campfire if possible (if such a thing exists - I've forgotten if we're still at a camp or not), and will take a cautious look inside the cave entrance to check if there's any more creatures or if he can learn something about where they came from. He'll pay attention to the ground underfoot though, in case it feels unstable or dangerous.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Olly, Korga, Julius
The trio set to examining the formation, opinions mixed on whether they should investigate. Their camp was a ways back, so he can't take anything from it to use for light, instead peering into the opening. The floor drops away steeply, but it looks like a slope they can walk on, and though the cave beyond darkens quickly, there is a lamp in Julius' pack.

Risu
Risu spends the rest of the afternoon playing with her repkull and investigating her ability. She manages to find some books theorising how enchantment could be used to control beasts, before being discarded as dangerous and foolish. Other than that, she can't find anything similar to her ability. Her eyes eventually get tired from all the reading, and decides to call it a day. She finds the next day is a free day for her, to rest and train on what she wants.
(The research should provide 2-3SP, but I'm not sure what in. Study? Learning? But skills which increase learning ability seem... imbalanced.
Anyway, next day, you've got three training sessions to use.)

Loki
"No, I suppose not."
Loki spends dome time playing with Odin, then cleans himself up and heads to the smithy to do some more work fixing up damaged pieces under the smith's guidance.
(Loki gains 3SP in blacksmithing, and has a third of the day left, time for one training/reading session.)
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Julius pulls out the lamp and lights it, not eager to go in.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:37 pm

"Good man!"

Olly thumps Julius happily on the shoulder and takes the lamp-lighting as a sign that we're going exploring :D

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:27 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:46 pm

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:40 am

Loki trains toughness, if he can find an instructor for that. Else he reads up more on survival.
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:39 am

Risu spends half the day with Gaul, learning about how to care for a number of beasts and how best to handle them, and Gaul giving instruction about repkull, showing her how to care for her new pet. (2 sessions in Beast Husbandry.)
Will learning about repkull, she continues attempting communication and probing whether it can communicate with her.

She spends the last part of the day working on her dexterity (climbing wall?) - 1 session.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:16 am

Olly, Korga, Julius
Julius pulls out the lamp and lights it, though not enthusiastic about it. It pushes back the darkness beyond the mouth of the cave, allowing them to see the rough walls and floor sloping away from them. The slope seems to start flattening out deeper in, toward the edge of the lamp light. As the group inspects the cave, they pick up on a faint noise, like a low, constant howling from deep inside the cave.

Risu
With a day off, Risu spends the majority of her time learning about Gaul's work with the beasts, and how to handle them. When his duties come to a close in the afternoon she heads for Allie's gymnasium, though she doesn't find Allie for proper instruction. The scratches from the day before still itch a little as she beds down, but not painful, an the next morning they're no worse than the scratches you could pick up pushing through underbrush. As she starts on breakfast in the morning, Gaul takes a seat next to her, "How are you feeling? Up to doing some work? Not a fight this time, a guest who wants to see the beasts, but I can't act as the guide. Are you up for it?"
(Risu gains 5 SP in Beast Husbandry, and 2SP in Dexterity.)

Loki
Loki decides to set to finding out who to train with if he wants to toughen up. He's quickly pointed to Lar, and though the large man isn't much for words, he proves an apt teacher, showing Loki how to absorb blow when they can't be evaded so that they deal minimal damage, occasionally lightly grasping his arms, shoulders, and hips, to guide them into the proper positions, using the toe of his boot to tap at Loki's legs when they're out of position. The training takes the remainder of the day before Lar gives Loki a nod and gestures toward the door with a gruff, "Dinner." The mess hall is practically empty when Loki gets there, and when he finishes eating it's late enough to turn in for the day, whether he returns to his own bunk or to Malis' rooms.
The next day, Alice intercepts Loki on his way to breakfast, "Loki, I need to ask for a bit of help. Mac has a bouncer job lined up for today, but it's always best to have somebody to watch your back. I don't go myself anymore, since those drunkards irritated me an I went overboard, so would you handle it? You'll get half the pay for the job, so long as you don't hurt anyone too badly."
(Loki gains 3SP in Toughness)
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:19 am

Olly pauses to listen, trying to work out if the howling sounds like the wind or an animal.