The Age of Dragons (Year 1051)

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

The Age of Dragons (Year 1051)

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:22 pm

The Story Begins:

Awareness began slowly for the young hatchlings, still trapped within the perfect darkness of their eggs. Though the darkness completely surrounds them, it was a comforting darkness. A darkness that held them, not unlike being hugged so completely that you felt both safe and secure all at the same time. There was also silence within the dark confines of the egg, a peaceful silence.

This silence was broken by a peeping sound from one of the eggs, followed by a scritch-scratch. Where only one peep had sounded, a chorus of peeps arose from the dozen eggs. The scratching sound was repeated, but faster, followed by a chorus of various sounds. Within the egg, the small dragons searched for a thin spot one their eggs that their beak horns might be able to penetrate. Pieces of egg began to break off here and there and holes formed in the shells. The peeping sound that had once been muted by the shells, rose in volume as little snouts appear from the cracks in the shells. As the little ones continued to break through their shells, they each felt a presence upon their mind. The presence was a mixture of colors and sounds and was both comforting and loving and it drew them toward the outside of their shells. Encouraged by this presence and a sudden hunger in their bellies, the little ones clawed at the egg twice as hard.

After several hours had passed nine dragon hatchlings found themselves on a small rock ledge on the side of a much larger cavern. Three of the original twelve eggs remained still, no noise coming from within; the hatchlings kept their distance from these eggs. Their beaks horns had sloughed off after they had emerged from their shells now that it had done its duty. Their small wings attempted to unfurl, but were still wet and sticky from the yolk juices from their time in the egg. They fell over several times, and hobbled around like drunk people trying to get their footing. Unable to properly move their wings, which hung limply at their sides, they found movement to be tricky. The presence continued to flood their minds with love and comfort as they limped around, learning how to use their limbs.

Senses that had never been used before rose to the occasion and where darkness had been the only thing that the hatchlings had ever seen, their eyes quickly adjusted to the semi-darkness of the cavern. Their nostrils were filled with new smells and their eyes flashed around the area quickly, drinking in the various colors and sights that surrounded them. One smell in particular resonated strongly with the pain in their bellies and when their eyes caught up with their noses, they saw several dead things on the other side of the ledge.

Any difficulties that had at first hampered the young dragons now became as distant memory as their noses compelled their bodies toward the food. In trying to reach the food, one of the hatchlings fell from the ledge, a small meep echoing from him before the rest heard a wet meaty thump from over the edge. The remaining eight hatchlings shivered with fear, as they had been able to sense the one who had died. Just as quickly, but more cautiously the remaining hatchlings found themselves within reach of the food.

One of the first hatchlings to have burst through his shell, scrambled atop the meat pile and let out an angry bark at the others who were still approaching. The faint light of the cave barely glimmered off of his Charcoal grey scales as he barked at the others, all but declaring himself king of the food. One of the other hatchlings, perfectly black, let out a low snarl and threw himself toward the grey hatchling. Using his height on the meat pile to his advantage, the grey let out a squeak of defiance as he bared his talons which, though newly formed, were as sharp as swords. Talons bit into flesh and the grey, though slightly bloodied, stood victoriously atop the meat pile; the black hatchling lay dead at his feet. The other six hatchlings kept their distance from both the grey and the dead black and waited until the young grey had gorged himself being eating. Being cautious to stay out of his sight, but also keeping an eye on each other, the remaining hatchlings ate until their bellies were filled and nearly bursting.

The seven young dragons, filled with yummy food, crawled slowly back to the pieces of their nest. Though filled as they were with food, they found themselves with a dryness in their throats that demanded to be quenched. A small stream gurgled from the back of their ledge until it spilled over the edge, falling into a pool below. The young dragons fell upon the pool, gulping down the cool water till their thirst was satisfied. Several days continued this way and when the meat pile was gone more would appear when they awakened. Each time they awoke, the young grey dragon would climb atop the food and bark at the others before gorging himself into oblivion before the others would eat, but there was always more than enough food for them all. The presence on their minds remained and as time passed they learned to separate out the colors and sounds from one another and to understand that each had their own meaning. With time they also learned that they could talk to one another using these same colors and sounds.

The hatchlings grew ever larger in the size with each passing day. By the end of the first week after hatching they had outgrown the ledge that had been there original home. One of the young dragons, stormy-grey colored, was the first to be brave enough to leap off the ledge and glide to the cavern floor below. One by one the others followed him except for one, a dull red scaled dragonet who chose to stay on the ledge; only gliding down to the others now and then. The cycle of only eating and drinking and sleeping had ended, and the young dragons found themselves awake for several hours of the day. They used this time to explore as well as play with one another. Mock battles were fought between the young dragons as they learned the extent of their fighting abilities and strength. The best fighter among them was a blue scaled dragonet who was unpredictable in battle. After each fight, the young dragonet would thank her opponent as if the fighting had never happened. The playing also consisted of exploring the full extent of their home, which often meant spelunking in the small tunnels that led away from their nest area.

The only light, though dim as it was, that did barely come into the cavern, came from another higher ledge. Try as they might, the young dragons were not strong enough to flap their wings hard enough to get high enough to reach it. This however led to a competition among the young dragons as to which of them could get closest to the upper ledge. The record holder was a copper dragonet who couldnÔÇÖt help but flaunt not only her beautiful colored scales but also every time she reached a new achievement that was in some way better than her nest-mates. Upon winning a race, or flying the highest she would chirp in that annoying ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm better than youÔÇØ kind of way. Quickly rising to each occasion, was a black dragon with a bluish/green tint, who without fail wouldnÔÇÖt rest until he had beaten the copper dragonets newest achievement.

Roughly a month after being hatched, a purple scaled dragon had finally managed to scrabble himself up onto the higher ledge. His squawks of excitement and pride filtered down to the other dragons below who were quickly able to, following his direction, fly and climb their way up beside him. Looking down over their small world they turned around to face the world.

The presence that they had all felt all this time turned out to be 4 females dragons who lounged within this upper cavern, light spilling around a bend of the cavern as well as various sized holes in slanted wall/ceiling. Each young dragon felt a stirring in their minds and heard the words, ÔÇ£Come to me, my childÔÇØ and each young dragon went to their mothers.

The young black dragon with blue/green sheen went to his mother, a large Copper Dragonet who wrapped her tail around him and looked upon him with pride. Though as she looked into his eyes, a look of embarrassment and wistfulness briefly passed through her eyes. A small tear threatened to spill out of one of her large eyes, but she quickly looked beyond him and blinked it away. Looking at him once again she impressed upon his mind ÔÇ£I am Kora, your mother.ÔÇØ

Toward the large Blue Dragonet with red undertones, walked the blue dragonet and the stormy grey dragon. The Dragonet wrapped her tail around her children and looked upon them with so much love that it filled them completely. Tears came readily to her eyes and landed on their heads as she held their small bodies close to her. For a good time, she just stared into their eyes, drinking them up. When she at last composed herself, she impressed upon their minds ÔÇ£I am Corazon, your mother.ÔÇØ

The Charcoal Grey, the dull red and the bright purple dragons walked over to a Black Dragonet who was much smaller than the other three mothers. Something mysterious twinkled in her eyes as she wrapped her tail around her children. For a brief moment she looked at the young purple dragon with disdain, but she quickly brushed this look away and looked at her three children. The small purple dragon was somewhat unnerved by this exchange and could, for some reason, feel distance between himself and his mother. The Dragonet impressed upon the mind of her children ÔÇ£I am Katia, your mother.ÔÇØ

Not so much walking as strutting, the young Dragonet who looked as though she was fire come to life, moved to the large Golden Dragonet. The Dragonet was so brightly colored it was almost difficult to look directly at her. Wrapping her tail around her daughter, she looked upon her young child with all of the pride in the world. She impressed upon her daughter's mind ÔÇ£It is only fitting that my child would be as beautiful as me; I am Pantera, your mother.ÔÇØ At this, she raised the young dragonet up in her scaled hand until the others could not help but notice. They looked at both Pantera and her daughter and all let out a huff of smoke before turning back to their own children.

OOC/LORE
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 8 times in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Age of Dragons (Year 1000)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:49 pm

Chirping delightedly both at the praise, and for being able to claim this dazzlingly beautiful dragon as her mother, Krazk puffs herself up happily and spreads her wings to show off their myriad colours. She can't help but glance downwards at the other hatchlings to make sure they are all looking at her and chirps smugly again when she sees that they have all noticed her.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:00 pm

The black with a green and blue sheen, Asabik, looks at his mother curiously, he has never met her yet it seems he has known her his whole life. To get ahead of the others, he attempts to mindspeak with his mother by concentrating really hard. "mother?"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:52 pm

The little stormcloud dragon looked over at the prening, copper dragon and part of him is both wistful, and dismissive. He turns his attention to his own mother and attempts to chrip/speak..."Why rain upon me?" pokes into his head.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:12 am

Pantera continued to look upon her daughter with pride as the young Dragonet showed herself off from the position that she had raised her to. She raised her voice so that others might overhear her words. "You daughter, I am sure, will be the best and brightest that has ever been born on Kalt Insel. You will be a light into this darkened world that cannot be quenched." Pantera set her daughter back down beside her and started to croon with delight. "Just wait until you meet your father, he will be so proud." she whispered.

Kora looked down upon the young dragon that she had given life to and thought for a moment about the lone wandering that she would have to give up in order to train this young thing in how to be a dragon. Her eyes glazed over slightly as she gazed into her own future that would change because of what she had had to do for her species. The younglings mental questioning brought her eyes back into focus as she looked down at the little one beneath the shelter of her wing. "Yes little one, what troubles you. Do not be frightened, you are safe with me."

The large blue Dragonet looked down at her son with a cheerful smile as she blinked away the last few tears that fell lightly upon the heads of her children. With a slight wink, she licked them both with her long rough tongue, slicking away the moisture that had fallen on their heads. At the mental questioning of her son she let out a bark of laugh and nuzzled him closer. "This rain you feel are tears of joy little one, for your father and I have long wanted children and now we are blessed to have not only one but two."
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:30 pm

"Bright dragon lies. I will be best dragon." he obviously takes her words as a challenge of somesort

"why look ....sad?
The little dragon unsure about what words to speak, and wonders why she is embarrased. "is something wrong?"

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:23 pm

Sapphire pays no heed to the copper dragon or their show-off mother, she's much too taken in by meeting her own mother and finding out that she has a sibling. She playfully nips her brother into the ear, tugs at it a little before letting go again and licks him across the face fondly.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:41 am

Malarack tries to broadcast it's thoughts: "What is a 'mother'?"
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:26 am

"You daughter, I am sure, will be the best and brightest that has ever been born on Kalt Insel. You will be a light into this darkened world that cannot be quenched."

Krazk chirps happily again at the praise, but is slightly concerned at the "darkened world" part. It doesn't sound good...

"Just wait until you meet your father, he will be so proud."

Double the attention on the other hand, DOES sound good.

"Who is my Father? Is he as beautiful as you are?"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:29 am

GathersIngredients wrote:Sapphire pays no heed to the copper dragon or their show-off mother, she's much too taken in by meeting her own mother and finding out that she has a sibling. She playfully nips her brother into the ear, tugs at it a little before letting go again and licks him across the face fondly.
Cyrano responds to his sister with a light bop on the head when she nips his ear with the thought "Pain...No" before hugging Sapphire with his tail himself. "Father...where?" he then ponders to his family group...and wonders if either of the lost dragons was another sibling...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:26 am

Shrak'laræ looks down to the floor and starts clawing at it as he feels the disappointment of his mother. He brushes it aside when he sees the other dragonling being lifted up by her mother. He shrugs the negative feeling off and moves over to a part of the tail that's small enough to jump onto.

"I'm the reason we got out! I figured out the best way to get up!"

Having seen the other dragon enjoy being lifted up high, Shrak'laræ decides to jump up on his mothers tail and starts moving upwards at his best ability so he too can be up high and feel like the center of the world.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:26 am

Tha'zkrel sniffs at his apparent siblings and nudges the large black dragon, directing his mind to her and thinking strongly of his desires, a series of images and emotions that convey the meaning of, "<food><meat><blood><flesh>"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:05 pm

The young blue dragon who had given herself the name Sapphire, a precious stone which wasn't quite as blue or as beautiful as her scales, ignored the yammerings of the gold dragon and her flaunting daughter by nipping her brothers ear and licking him across the face. Her brother, Cyrano, responds in kind by bopping her in the head "Pain...No" he stammers at her. Cyrano paused briefly in his play to ask his mother about where his father was.

Corazon smiled as her two children played, and with the question from her son paused briefly before responding. "Your father is where he always is, pondering the movements of the waves upon the ocean and their sound as they slap against the shore; tonight you will meet him."

Krazk, the girl on fire, chirped happily at the praise that she got from her mother, and though she was slightly concerned about the darkness that her mother spoke of, practically glowed at the mention of a father that might dote on her as much or more than her own mother. "Who is my Father? Is he as beautiful as you are?" Krazk asked, eyes glimmering in the low light. Pantera let out a small laugh as she answered "What your father lacks in beauty, he makes up for in sheer brawn, his strength is a beauty of its own."

Katia's three children sat around her, her tail at their backs and looked up at her with unanswered questions in their eyes. Malerack, the matte red, questioned her as to what a mother was. Katia looked at the little one for a bit before beginning to elaborate on what a mother was, as well as dipping into the "birds and the Bees" talk. Her voice trailed off when she spoke of the lovemaking part of it all and a slight look of disgust crept up to her face when her eyes swept over Shrak'laræ, the small purple dragon. Tha'zkrel impatiently pushed thoughts of food and hunger toward his mother, and when her eyes alighted upon him, he saw a brief look of pride at his insatiable hunger. For she knew full well how he had killed one of his own siblings in a fight over food. The unbound ferociousness of his attack, while unskilled, brought a smile to her lips, this one would make Dagon very proud. Her third child, Shrak'laræ, was clearly hurt by her looks of disappointment and started to climb her back to get to a higher position. Her first instinct was to fling the child away, as his mere touch reminded her of his father, but she held back her disgust and instead smiled at the little purple dragon. Raising a few talons, she helped the little one to the highest point that he could reach upon her shoulders. Upon reaching the top, the little one roared to the others "I'm the reason we got out! I figured out the best way to get up!".

The three other Dragon mothers regarded the small purple dragon briefly, eyes smiling in a knowing way, but otherwise returning their attention to their own children.

The young black dragon who had named himself Azabik spoke up toward the Beautiful pair of Dragons who were enjoying showing themselves off. "Bright dragon lies. I will be best dragon.". The large ovals of Pantera's eyes locked on the small dragon and a slight sneer appeared on her face. The sneer disappeared and her eyes sparkled with an inner spitefulness "Kora, keep your bastard in check and make sure he keeps his distance from my daughter."

Silence filled the room as Corazon & Kora stared dumbfounded at Pantera. Katia ignored the commotion, paying attention only to her own children. The embarrassment that Kora had been fighting to keep from her face now flooded through her, her scales turning taking on a slightly deeper shade of copper. Fire lit deep within her eyes and she took a few powerful steps toward Pantera. Scars, that had at once been lost in the folds of her scales now showed clearly in several places across her body. A deep snarl uttered from her maw and her normally bright eyes took on a hint of red. It was Corazon that ended what could have been a fight to the death by stepping in between the two dragons, her children tucked safely behind her tail. Her words thundered throughout the room "THIS WILL STOP NOW".

Both Kora and Pantera sneered at each other before turning their backs and returning their attention to their children.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:26 pm

Annoyed that the small black dragon stole her mother's attention when she had only just discovered it, Krazk makes a small, petulant growly noise, which is almost immediately replaced by awe and fear at the near-fight between her mother and the other dragon. She makes a mental note not to mention any of the words her mother just said until she knows why they got such a violent response. When everything has calmed down a bit, she puts her forepaws on her mothers snout and asks:

"What's wrong with that one?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Tha'zkrel wiggles his way free once the confrontation has settled between the Copper and Gold, and conveys thought images to his mother and siblings.

<hunt><rend><burn><eat>

He begins exploring the cavern, looking for signs and scents of anything edible. If he happens upon anything that seems likely, he'll attempt to spit fire on it and pounce.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:48 pm

The dragon growls at the bright one, knowing it was meant to insult him and barks at her, not afraid of her size. "get away from momma!" He barks at her and tries to look more intimidating , despite his small size. He continues to growl at her even after Corazon broke them apart, he then whispers to Kora "What is a bastard?"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:05 pm

As his mother stops the fighting, Cyrano protectively wraps his sister with his tail. Cyrano's heart fills with pride watching his mother stop the others. Why the two other mother dragons wanted to fight was a bit confusing to him. When his mother returns he asks "Why?" looking between the two large female dragons.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:43 am

Sapphire opens one wing and "hugs" his brother with it, pressing against him a little closer during the commotion, grateful to have such a tightly knit bond with him and that he is protective of her. She is glad that her mom is a voice of reason and that no fight breaks out between the adult dragons - for now at least. She remains quiet and watchful of the would-be-combatants and backs away slowly without taking her eyes off them, until she's sure that tempers have cooled down again.

She listens to the question of her brother and the reply her mother hopefully will give, curious as to what caused the turmoil.

Thereafter, she asks her mother "So... what happens now?", eager to find out on what is in store for her, now that her life contains more than just fulfilling the most basic needs of eating and drinking and sleeping.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:53 am

Asabik, the youngling, who had been at the center of the hurtful comment, did not hesitate to jump to his mothers side and growl at Pantera. "get away from momma!" He barked at the large golden dragonet, unfazed by how much smaller he was then her. After Corazon had broken up the verbal sparring, Kora turned her back on the situation and returned her focus to the little dragon who was her only son. With questions in his eyes, Asabik asked his mother "What is a bastard?". Kora at first took a stern look at her son, greatly unliking the word that he had repeated, but a softer look came to her eyes as she realized the innocence in the question. "Oh my child, while your birthright was not what it could have been long ago, you are still my son and I promise to cherish you with all of my heart. You see, traditions of old required a youngling to be sired by parents who are lifemates. Your Father and I did what we did to keep DragonKind alive, but we are not lifemates. Havidia, our queen, has promised legitimacy to any bastard who has been born in the last century, because without them, Dragonkind may not survive. You are important, my child, and you will have a great part to play in saving the world....I know it." Kora looked upon her child now, any of the embarrassment gone, with so much pride.

After Corazon had returned her attention to her children after stopping the near battle, she let out a sigh. Her young son looked up at her with a question so written on his face that she barely needed to hear him ask it. "My dearest children, I am sorry that you had to hear that. It's best to keep your distance from Pantera, she knows how to use her words to cut deeper than any talon can. In only the past few centuries, many of the time honored traditions of DragonKind have been put aside for the moment. Where once bastards were considered dishonorable, they are now accepted alongside the legitimate ones. Times are hard for us Dragons and it was high time that the despicable practice of....." Corazon let her words die as she realized that she was letting her disgust with many of the old traditions get the best of her. "It has only been a little while that such practices have changed and there is still many who disagree with allowing bastards to be legitimate." After listening and waiting patiently, Sapphire asks a question of her own "So... what happens now?" She also puts her wing over her brother in a half hug as he puts his tail around her protectively. Corazon smiled at the two of them, delighted by their kinship with each other. "Tonight you will meet your father at the Presenting Ceremony as well as the others that live here on our island. You will have a chance to meet your future teachers and soon you will begin your training so that you can protect yourself once you are old enough to leave."

Having his demands ignored by his otherwise proud mother, Tha'zkrel wriggled free from Katia's grasp after the brief spat between the two mother dragons. He informs his mother and siblings again of his demands: <hunt><rend><burn><eat> and begins searching for anything he might eat. His searching quickly comes up empty-handed as he realizes that anything large enough to be eaten by a dragon has made the wise decision to keep its distance from their scent. He does however spot a large rat along a wall of the cave that is gnawing the meat off some abandoned bones. Running toward the rat, he takes a deep breathe and attempts to spit fire at the rat. Having never attempted to breathe fire before, what comes from his maw is a warm sulfur-laced stream stream of air, which swirls over the rat and sends Tha'zkrel into a coughing fit. Though startled by the waft of warm air, Tha'zkrel could swear that the rat was laughing at him. Enraged at the impudence of the rat, he pounced upon the creature and in his rage ripped its head from its fat little body.

Pantera, having been rebuked by Corazon, turned her back on the situation and her focus to her child. As she nuzzles her child, Krazk placed her foreclaws on her mother's snout and asked "What's wrong with that one?" Pantera regarded her child with a tilted head, before leaning her head in close to her child. "That one is not a legitimate child, unlike you my dear. By our own laws, bastards are not to be permitted to live, but our queen has chosen to ignore the traditions that she had helped to create. Bastards are not permitted to have a place within the hierarchy of DragonKind, unlike you who can trace your lineage back to the Golden Sun, Altin the first Yellow, through me. I suppose some dragons can not help but rut in dark caves for the supposed good of DragonKind." As she spat out the last of her words, she glanced quickly at Katia in the corner and then Kora, before returning her gaze to her daughter. "There are only twenty dragons between you and Altin and your lineage is as pure."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:17 am

Krazk stares straight into her mother's eyes, as if trying to see into her brain and better understand ANY of what is going on, since she's pretty sure that this is all incredibly important.

"Oohhh... Will you tell me a story about the Golden Sun?"

OOC: I'm assuming that since dragon's communicate telepathically with one another that there will be pictoral-type descriptions that go alongside the words? Because if not, there's going to be a lot of questions along the lines of "what's yellow?"]

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:22 am

"What kinds of training?" Sapphire asks, intrigued at the prospect of learning new stuff.

She also observes the charcoal one trying to blast a rat with fire, failing at that and yet succeeding at killing it, quietly smiling at his achievement, yet making a mental note to remain very careful around this one, as he's clearly dangerous.

[OOC; erm, yeah, another question about the communicating telepathically: Are the targets of the communication selective? As in, even in a room full of dragons only the ones you want to "hear" what you are "saying" get the message, or does it kinda work like talking -> if you're close enough you can "listen in", even if the words were not meant for you?]
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:35 am

Tha'kzrel crunches down on the rat head, the soft brain matter squishing pleasantly between his teeth. Swallowing his appetizer, he uses a talon to split the carcass open and tries again to spit flame on the now decapitated and eviscerated rat to char his meal. Whether he succeeds or fails, he'll take the choice parts for himself (heart, liver, kidneys), and carry the rest back to his mother and siblings, proudly projecting thought images to them that convey "<food><hunt><eat><gift>".
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:21 am

"what is a lifemate? Why is it important?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:35 am

Shrak'laræ cowers on top of his mother as the two dragons snaps at each other. He can't help but think the two are crazy and weird, though he keeps that between himself and his mother. When they back down again, he stands up proud unfurling his wings to appear as big as possible while glancing at Krazk feeling slightly superior as he is even higher up than she were.

Shrak'laræ's attention shifts as his brother kills a rat. He isn't that interested in the rat or the kill, but he's happy to have a target not nested near a crazy mother dragon. Actually any target linked to the crazy mother dragons should be a no go.

He stiffens his wings and move a bit back and forth mentally preparing himself to glide down from his mother before he finally jumps off and flies down in an attempt to pounce at his now hopefully satisfied brother in a playful manner.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:43 am

Still not understanding it all, Asabik continues to question his mother. "what is a lifemate? Why is it important? Kora frowned a bit at his question answered slowly...carefully. "A lifemate is a bonded commitment between two dragons who are promising to devote their lives completely to one another. Your father and I are not bonded in this way, though he may have certain feelings for me...." She trailed off as she thought of Druger, handsome and wild though he was, she had found a way to love him like he loved her. Bastards have no claim to legitimacy which would allow them a place within the Hierarchy of DragonKind....." She trails off again, and shakes her head at him. "I'm unwilling to continue this conversation with you son, it pains me too much to think about such things."

"What kinds of training?" Sapphire asks her mother. Corazon chuckles deeply and smiles, truly the Seven granted her a smart child, so eager to learn. Corazon cleared her throat before speaking "I myself am able to teach you how to fly as though you were a leaf on the wind. Pantera, if she is willing, can teach you the subtleties of conversation as well as the language of humans as well as other races. Kora can teach you how to defend yourself. Katia...." Corazon trails off, unwilling to speak ill of the significantly younger Dragonet. "The only thing that one is good at is sneaking around at night without getting caught, it's best that you keep your distance from her if you don't want any trouble. There are others on Kalt Insel who can teach you various skills that you will need out in the big world in order to survive, you will meet many of them tonight."

Tha'kzrel happily eats the Rat's head which is delicious, and crunchy as well. After gulping down his quick meal he tries to open the carcass up with a talon. While he succeeds in cutting open the rat, he slices through the bladder, releasing foul smelling urine onto the meat. Tha'kzrel ignores the foul smell and tries again to use flame. He draws in a deep breathe and tries to blow fire on the rat corpse. He partially succeeds, charring the outer layer of meat, though from the gust produced, he doubts that it is cooked throughout. He uses his talons to remove the tender choice meats for himself and then carries the rest over to his mother and siblings while sending: <food><hunt><eat><gift>. Katia squints at him before responding "Little one, while I am proud that you are able to kill a rat by yourself, dragons do not stoop to eating that which cleans up after them." She nods toward the much larger bones that the rat had been picking clean. With a sly smile on her face she whispers to him "You just killed my favorite one..."

Shrak'laræ cowers during the verbal fighting and when the dust settles draws himself up as high as he can, in an attempt to make himself bigger than Krazk. His attention shifts to his brother as Tha'kzrel beheads the rat and chomps happily on its head. From his lofty spot, he thinks that he could glide a good distance across the room if he tried. Mentally preparing himself slightly, he jumps from Katia's shoulders and glides toward his brother Tha'kzrel.

So excited by her lineage, Krazk begs excitedly "Oohhh... Will you tell me a story about the Golden Sun?" Pantera smiled at her daughter and spoke gently "There will be a time for stories soon little one, now is a time for preparations for tonight Presenting Ceremony"
► Show Spoiler