The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:55 am

Well, sounds like Randy's going to have to be... 'dealt with', mafia style. He clearly knows too much for his own good! >:D

I'm joking.

Nem isn't going to like being found out without it being on her own terms tho...

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:30 am

:shrug: When life hands you a lemon....
It's not like there wasn't a risk for it. Lot's of historical precedent actually. Quite a few stories about women disguising as men and joining the army, navy, or merchant marine and being found out as a battlefield casualty.
Randy's not overtly advertising what he knows to anyone except to Tess, and even that is leaving her with some doubt apparently. If anyone was likely to discover something "unusual" about Tess, it would be most likely the team leader. Randy would be watching things pretty closely, trying to keep everyone out of trouble. Or as you've put it, "being Dad". And just how many times did you manage to pull the wool over YOUR parents eyes for a long time? :chuckle:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:42 am

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote::shrug: When life hands you a lemon....
It's not like there wasn't a risk for it.

Randy's not overtly advertising what he knows to anyone except to Tess
Sure, but she's still not going to like it :)

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:05 am

Eh, she'll get over it. :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:26 am

Oh, I just remembered- Being second level now, I've gained Song of Rest, meaning I can grant others an additional 1d6 healing during a short rest... I don't notice a limit on that, so can I apply it during every short rest?

Anyways, extra HP:

Song of healing: 1D6 = [3] = 3

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:39 am

((Correct. A creature has to spend at least 1 HD to benefit, but would be able to roll that one, add their CON mod, add SoR, then determine if they need to roll another.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:57 am

Sounds like the blade with the droplets heals the wielder whilst damaging an enemy. Blood Sucking, Health Sucking..

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:54 pm

That could well be, Badge.
Coljin is not going to be that interested in that ability, I think...
But he is going to want to try the weapon and see if he can for certain figure it out.
And if it is that power, he'll probably see if someone who fights with two weapons or just a dagger would want it instead.

He would rather fight with more than the dagger for damage dealing.
It's prolly worth a spork of a lot of gold though!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 pm

I'll just tell you OOC, that it is an item that requires attunement for the magic (whatever it is) to function. If you weren't spending your short rest doing something else, I'll say you can have attuned to it after showing it around and Holger trying to stab the floor with it.
Attunement

Some magic items require a creature to form a bond with them before their magical properties can be used. This bond is called attunement, and certain items have a prerequisite for it. If the prerequisite is a class, a creature must be a member of that class to attune to the item. (If the class is a spellcasting class, a monster qualifies if it has Spell Slots and uses that classÔÇÖs spell list.) If the prerequisite is to be a spellcaster, a creature qualifies if it can cast at least one spell using its traits or features, not using a magic item or the like.

Without becoming attuned to an item that requires attunement, a creature gains only its nonmagical benefits, unless its description states otherwise. For example, a magic Shield that requires attunement provides the benefits of a normal Shield to a creature not attuned to it, but none of its magical properties.

Attuning to an item requires a creature to spend a Short Rest focused on only that item while being in physical contact with it. This focus can take the form of weapon practice (for a weapon), meditation (for a wondrous item), or some other appropriate activity. If the Short Rest is interrupted, the attunement attempt fails.

An item can be attuned to only one creature at a time, and a creature can be attuned to no more than three magic items at a time. Any attempt to attune to a fourth item fails; the creature must end its attunement to an item first. Additionally, a creature canÔÇÖt attune to more than one copy of an item. For example, a creature canÔÇÖt attune to more than one Ring of Protection at a time.

A creatureÔÇÖs attunement to an item ends if the creature no longer satisfies the Prerequisites for attunement, if the item has been more than 100 feet away for at least 24 hours, if the creature dies, or if another creature attunes to the item. A creature can also voluntarily end attunement by spending another Short Rest focused on the item, unless the item is cursed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:39 pm

I won't have had anything else He'd want to do, so, yes, He'll gladly be attuned to it, so he can see what it can do.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:41 pm

Do you want to try anything out with it? I'd say that after attuning, you're certain that it has nothing to do with poison, but is, as Holger surmised (with his 20 something Arcana), more to do with restoration, and the iconography represents rain.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:57 am

Not sure why maji got the stern look for.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:15 am

Holger keeps playing along the "I need to mate" he wrote on your blackboard :P

Also he likes to mess with people :roll:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:22 am

Heh.

Burns, in case I need to refer back to previous rolls, it seems coyote code doesn't like the apostrophes in your name. Would you be ok just using Maji?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:25 am

Doesn't Randy know more about how they percieve so he could say the main party just had to stay 60 ft behind the scouts?

Another question regarding their blindsense/tremorsense. Can they detect through walls? I think blindsense normally is limited to what the creature would be able to see normally if they had sight, as long as it is within the range. So a wall would block their line of sight. Tremorsense on the other hand is not hindered by walls since they feel the shaking in the ground rather than some other sense like echo location. Are the vineblights limited to how blindsense functions but it is still explained as a form for tremorsense?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:25 am

Soooo holger is just a jerk then :p

Oh yea sure! I'll try to remember to do that.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:43 am

Theis2 wrote: Are the vineblights limited to how blindsense functions but it is still explained as a form for tremorsense?
Yeah, that's how I'm treating it... LoS, but more attuned to vibrations than some other nebulous sensory organ... though standing perfectly still in the middle of a hallway isn't going to prevent them from sensing you.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:49 am

To just about anyone if it will help him look better in the eyes of others. :P
Maji is an easy target to mock and make fun of as he can't really get back at you unless the audience have the patience to see you write something (which Holger can interfere with his illusions) or Maji can decide to get physical but Holger doesn't really fear the dragonborn in that regard, especially with the others around and he will think the whole display would only harm Maji and potentially improve Holger's image.

Holger is pretty much all about himself even though he wants to make it seem different to others :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:50 am

Theis2 wrote:Doesn't Randy know more about how they percieve so he could say the main party just had to stay 60 ft behind the scouts?
Hey, it's not like there's going to be line of sight here to determine when to start. So two minutes head start. That'll hopefully give you 3 enough time to deal with individual blights (hopefully quietly... Who am I kidding, it's Holger we're talking about. :P ). We'll be far enough back not to step on toes, but close enough that if you run into major opposition, we'll probably catch up without you having to yell for help. Although if you run into a major demon, devil, ancient dragon, or one of the elder gods we'd appreciate you yelling that info back so we can get a head start running away. :chuckle:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:58 am

Ha! Maji can't speak and Holger and Tess or more inclined to save their own ass before anyone else if it comes to that :lol:
We might be nice enough to yell it as we run past you and then you can decide if you want to sacrifice the gnomes in order to get away.

Holger might however get a bit reckless and send you in there hoping to vanquish whatever horrible creature it is ideally with few survivors so he didn't have to share the glory (and loot). Okay, he's maybe not that cruel :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:38 am

spiderwrangler wrote:Do you want to try anything out with it? I'd say that after attuning, you're certain that it has nothing to do with poison, but is, as Holger surmised (with his 20 something Arcana), more to do with restoration, and the iconography represents rain.
Hmm...He will try to dip the tip of the dagger into the drinking water he is carrying and see what happens.

If nothing there, he will sprinkle it with a few droplets of water....and then take a few practice swings with it.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:28 pm

If Maji-pede is stepped on, does he get squarshed?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:31 pm

If any of you get stepped on by something sufficiently large, you'd get squarshed. Might be part of why Maji-pede is sticking to the walls.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:32 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:If Maji-pede is stepped on, does he get squarshed?
Yea but then he will become a brown bear and squash you if you try.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Not if you got stepped on before you changed...