The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:59 pm

Not to potentially rain on my own parade, but I'm pretty sure that's talking about "service costs"..? The identify spell, on itself, costs one 100 gold pieces in material costs.

Not that I'm complaining if you decide just the base price for those ingredients is too steep/ they have different methods of identifying. :shifty:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:12 pm

The pearl needed for identifying isn't consumed in the casting of the spell, so there are no ongoing material costs.

That's important for you caster's in general... focus or components bag can take the place of anything that doesn't have a cost. If it has a cost, but doesn't say "which the spell consumes", you only need one, and can use it over and over and over. If the spell consumes, it, you'd need that component each time you cast the spell.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Oh, well in that case, yeah, 100 gp per casting of identify I'd call extortion. :P I'll retrofit my action to have my two gems identified after all then, too.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:27 pm

Even if I left it at 100, it wouldn't be extortion because it's a 'suggested donation'. ;) :lol:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:39 pm

Throw in a copper piece per item. Got it. :roll:

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:01 pm

3rd Level Hit Points.: 1D8+1 = [3]+1 = 4
Well, not that good.

I do not have access to changing info on the Character sheets on the first page here of the OOC.
Can someone please change my new HP to 22.
Also It shows Hit dice should be figured by rolling d10, change to d8 please.
Also change level to 3rd.
and spell slots to 3 cantrips, 4 1st level and 2 2nd level spells.

Also spent 8 Silver pieces. Thank you!

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Also, the two spell scrolls we found in the gnome ruins...What type of caster spells did we figure out they were for? I think most were wizard and some cleric spells if I recall. I'd like to take a look at any of the scrolls if they are cleric spells.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:29 pm

NotStickFigures wrote:3rd Level Hit Points.: 1D8+1 = [3]+1 = 4
Well, not that good.

I do not have access to changing info on the Character sheets on the first page here of the OOC.
Can someone please change my new HP to 22.
Also It shows Hit dice should be figured by rolling d10, change to d8 please.
Also change level to 3rd.
and spell slots to 3 cantrips, 4 1st level and 2 2nd level spells.

Also spent 8 Silver pieces. Thank you!
I think we still get average if we roll low.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:40 pm

FWIW, I'm happy to move on and do a timeskip if now's an appropriate time.

Nemeia won't be super happy about staying in one place for so long, but she'll spend her time studying her poetry, keeping up her disguise and the like and looking for work (performing with Holger and Ulmwin, and looking for mercenary work mostly). She's not particularly interested in divine quests, but will go along if she thinks there might be something in it for her (e.g. new knowledge, bits of magic, money or if Holger's going).

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:13 pm

3rd level HP roll:

HP: 1D10 = [1] = 1 >:-P

Guess I'll be taking the average then. >:? I'm glad Coyote can't hand out negative points. Got a feeling it would have tried.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:34 pm

HP for level 3: 1D8 = [4] = 4

Meh, guess I'll take the average too (5).

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:09 pm

The shrine job Coljin wants to do could be rushed over, {but Zephyr is up that way too, to find and help}, and I'm thinking spider will make his choice and either make it quick, posting wise, unless he has something planned that can happen there that will involve whoever goes...same with others who go on their personal tasks...He has quite the load of options of opposition from random to many already background threats set up that can show up. I'm good with however it goes. It's been much fun so far and I'm sure it will continue.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:05 pm

:chuckle: Oh, we've given Spider plenty to work with if he wants to make a full campaign of it. Or more than one potentially. :D Lot'sa places to go from here.
Randy will spend a couple of days working on his report and then go back and check on his 'orders' with Podrun and Kalis. After that he's pretty much open for anything. We've also got the opportunity here for someone else to play group leader if they wish, since the original mission is over. We can sort that one out in game, depending on whose mission it winds up being. Randy's still the responsible type, but it could make for some interesting play to give someone else a crack at the job (although I have a hard time imagining Tess or Holger in charge unless we're doing a traveling show. ;) We'd have to come up with some excuse for Randy in that case. I think he's a little too old to be running off to join the circus! :P )

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:21 am

hit dice: 1D8 = [7] = 7

Woo, not a bad roll :D

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:01 am

I am planning on at least a short time skip, as some of you have some level of training or study involved with your 3rd level abilities. Some of you will have abilities that come from within, or from a deity, but that down time will give you a chance to practice those as well. How that time skip is spent is up to you guys to a large degree, but probably don't want to pursue anything you'd rather be RPing if we end up skipping it?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:10 am

I have to get wherever I'm going alive first.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:09 am

I want to rp with the half orc for a bit, she seems fun. :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:20 am

Ulmwin has the armor to take care off, and his items to collect after being identified, but I think those are his only real priorities for the coming days.

I suppose I'll also start looking at what spells I'll pick up for third level?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:01 am

There may be folks that can aid Ulmwin in advancing some of his lore bard stuff.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:04 am

Hmm, maybe... But right now I'm not sure who'd that be, either OOC or IC (at least nothing that we've arranged)- So I've not exactly been looking out for it. I suppose you'd be throwing a "random event" at Ulmwin's direction to resolve that..?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:11 am

Sort of, was kind of waiting to see what you were pursuing. If you were headed in a direction for me to work someone in, I can do that, or drop in someone at random.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:25 am

Like I said, as things stand no one has been established who'd potentially be able to fit the role, hence no real pursuit from him yet. It'd probably best be something random. (To be honest, I'm not sure what he'd even be doing to actively pursue it- Is the "college of lore" an actual thing, like does it stretch beyond game mechanics in something concrete in game that he knows he should look into?)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:39 am

It's not a physical college, more of something that exists somewhere between just a mindset and a guild. Not much in the way of a centralized organization, but folks who would be considered to be lore bards would share some level of common interests, though it could be collaborative or competitive.

More like a professional society?

Many of them likely travel to various repositories of knowledge in pursuit of research.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:23 am

NotStickFigures wrote:Also, the two spell scrolls we found in the gnome ruins...What type of caster spells did we figure out they were for? I think most were wizard and some cleric spells if I recall. I'd like to take a look at any of the scrolls if they are cleric spells.
There were at least a scrolls of witch bolt, identify and lesser restoration.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:42 am

I believe the identify scroll got used up.