The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:50 am

well, this brings up a great question than. What should I target next. The tree is obviously the most dangerous mob, but without all of us being able to focus on it, my hits won't do jack to it.

On the other hand, clearing out the "little guys" (twigs and vine) will eliminate how many attacks happen against us per turn. So what should I attack next?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:51 am

Vine blights are preferable. Then Needleblights. Those two are the worst.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:54 am

Maji probably should be moving up so the other blight can't just block the entrance again. :shifty:

Anyways, I think twig blights can be ignored pretty much. Vine blights would be a boon to take out.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:55 am

I will remind everyone that Randy does have the red "firebomb" gem. But unless everyone has a martyrdom streak, he'll hold off pitching the thing until everyone is clear. It might be productive to retreat down the hall beyond the reach of big and bad. At least I assume it can't go down the hall...

I will be on and off this afternoon. Got a bunch of patients.
Last edited by Lurks_In_Shadows on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:56 am

The needleblight is dead already.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:01 am

Actually, I could try another dissonant whispers against the tree- about 1/2 chance it'll work... And have it move far enough to give it hell.

I wouldn't fall back into a situation only one/two can attack. We took out most of the threats, just some vine blights left, most already injured... Kill those and then just have everyone in here gang up on the tree. at which point it is revealed to have an aoe attack.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:14 am

Coljin has resolved NOT to get behind Maji in a hallway again. Or anyone. You will see him first or second in line for quite a while.

Oh, and speaking of Vegas...I will be gone next week for a few days to take in the new Walking Dead escape room/thrill ride thing that is opening, I'll post again when I'm unavailable, but hopefully one side will be dead and rejoicing in victory before I leave on vacation!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:16 am

Actually whispering the tree away (while doing damage) which would give me an AOO, and maybe putting it in a position to firebomb it (which I'm hoping it is weak to fire) sounds like an excellent idea.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:29 am

Hmm, that might work really well if M0rt is willing to take an attack of opportunity from a twig blight since then he can make sure the tree will move towards the other group and perhaps close enough to have the bomb gem hit all three of them
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:46 am

And then maybe Holger can help Nem :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:19 pm

Best laid plans of mice and men...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Also (and sorry for double posting) but this one vine blight looks way tougher than ones we faced before... Or am I misremembering how tough these bastards are?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:37 pm

I think they have almost 30 hp so they need to take a couple of hits before going down and so far Badge has only hit it twice for about half the hp I think. Usually we've been more hitting it in the same round but it just doesn't seem to work out that way for us at the moment
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Destroying all vineblights would really,really help. Rudy still has the red rock so ....just aim away from us please! Maji is not fireproof!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Theis2 wrote:I think they have almost 30 hp so they need to take a couple of hits before going down
Closer to 30 than to 0 HP.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:02 pm

Since these are "guards", we can probably assume that they are more to the upper end of the HP pool.
Y'know, I think this is the first time Randy's gone down. He's come close a couple of times before, but never did. I guess if he cacks it, not the worse way to go. I mean, makes it to the boss battle and goes down trying to rescue a teammate. A little clich├®, but a classic.
That being said, I will remind everyone that Randy does still have a healing potion on his person as well as the red gem. And if someone has the opportunity.... :P

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:49 pm

If, and that's a big IF, Coljin can ever get to you...he will try to keep Randy from becoming mulch. He will also gladly chuck the red gem and take the chances of self-immolation.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:53 pm

It's be talked back and forth, but just to lay out options for those of you bound by the tangling vines, you have the following options...

STR check: DC 12
Have someone else break you out/break someone else out: DC 12
Take the assist action to give someone else advantage on the check: DC 12 (Advantage)
Attack the vines at disadvantage, but lower the DC to break out on a hit
Magic?
Other stuff you think of?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Do people know that Randy has a healing potion IC?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:42 pm

Sure... probably?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:49 pm

It was mentioned during the planning discussion (cataloguing resources).

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:13 am

So with the group that could throw the firebomb gem still rather indisposed, this doesn't seem like the best time to try and use dissonant whispers against the tree- So I'll focus on this vine blight for now so we can hopefully at least get that out of the picture.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:34 am

Yea we have two vine blights camping over here. I don't know if we can move past them because they are being buggers.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:51 am

The entangling vines are nasty, especially when they can alternate. I'm glad I didn't have one behind every blind corner or you'd all still be in the first level.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:42 am

Before, we'd had the opportunity to either take them one at a time or the ability to engage them at long range with bows. With the way the corridors were set up this time and the positioning of the vine blights along with needlers and twigs, there wasn't an opportunity to do that. I wasn't entirely kidding about the flamethrower. The idea of pitching an oil cask (if we'd had one) down the hall and setting it alight definitely came to mind. At least it'd force them away from the door enough that we could have forced an entry. I think that unless we can drop one of those suckers somehow, the NE party is stuck. Maybe we'll get lucky with our rolls. Congratulations on a well designed defensive position, Spider!