The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:54 pm

Out of curiosity, can Nemeia transcribe the Identify scroll into her poetry book now and hold it as an uncastable ritual ready for later or is the whole process only possible with ritual caster?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:00 pm

I could if we really wanted to, and it'd be useful, but it would mean that I'd be "locked in" for switching it back maybe as soon as next level as Tess would take over the role... Admittedly it's unlikely that I'll want to switch out a spell given I've no intention of doing that right now, but still.

Hmm... Yeah, sure, I guess I'll switch out thunderwave for identify for now, at least for a level. Means we'll have it available once Ulmwin buys the necessary materials. Now I just need to figure out what Ulmwin is gonna charge for his services... :roll:

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:40 am

Hey guys. I was going to try and post in character about Rudys future but i'm just going to post here as i'm not sure when/if i'll next check the site again. Due to Real life I am going to have to give up this game and in a way the forum for a while.

I hope to return at a point in the future so in case that happens Rudolph is going off on his own for now, doing his own thing mostly likely getting drunk and getting some vengeance, but for now he's off the grid.

Its been fun these last few years but if I don't return I wish you all the best.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:44 am

Sorry to see you go, I hope things get sorted out for you and manage to get back here again afterwards :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:36 am

Yeah, I hope you're able to make it back sometime Pat , it's been great having you around :)

Sorry to see you go.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Pat, I too hope you're able to make it back when things in the RL leave more time for things in the forum life. Without giving too much away, Rudolph is one of the characters that I was most looking forward to delving into the backstory of, so hope we're able to explore that in the future!

In the meantime, he's got things to do, so will be getting things done until you return!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:59 pm

Been a pleasure playing along with you, Pat. Hope you get a chance to come back and join in again. We'll keep the light on! :)

So, I think I've got a handle on which way the legal stuff is going. The upcoming switch is going to keep me busy, but I think I should be able to post again on a more regular basis. I do know that 12/10-12/16 I'll be off the grid as I'll be traveling to go through the VA orientation that week. To answer your question about the VA's firewall, I have no idea how prissy it'll be. I should be able to access the forums, but I'll have to be a little careful about it. I probably won't have a private office anymore. Maybe not a big deal as long as I get my work done, but I'll have a better idea about the VA's attitude on things like forums after the orientation.

So, since I rolled a one on the HP o'meter a while back, I was going to take the average for Randy. (Thanks for keeping him going, Spider! :) ). I'm going to guess that Randy picked up his breast plate from the dwarf and that he hasn't gotten back to the gnome about the special order yet. Since Randy picked Hail of Thorns for his new spell, is this something To'larel is going to teach him, or is he going to find it on his own in the Abbey's library? And Randy will be happy to kick in the gold for covered wagon. Heck, he might even be able to put his sickle to use cutting grass for the mules! :chuckle:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:23 am

Since ranger's draw their casting ability from nature itself, we can say that your time in the Glen working intimately with nature and prayer to your God and clearing brambles Etc, you managed to learn how to summon this ability.

To'larel isn't a ranger as such, just very good with blades, and an able teacher.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:26 am

Fair enough. Where are C, R, and T at now? Are they still en route back to the Vale or have they arrived yet?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:50 am

Everyone's back, and you can pursue whatever course of action you'd like. The Abbey may have jobs for you if you with to continue working for them, or you can head anywhere you like. The caravan route east leads to the Eastern cities (which a number of them had rumors of unrest), West leads up the human lands that are made up of various Lord's holdings. North are dwarves, Northwest are some human towns and cities, and clans of hill folk live among the foothills. To the north east lie lands claimed by various orc tribes. There was the possible lead to a bandit stronghold that you bypassed on your way back to the Vale. To the south are the elven forests, far to the south giving way to scattered archipelagos and island dwelling folks. South east into the Wilds has various sub human tribes, and much of the southern Forest gives way to dense jungle/swamp as you head east.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:36 pm

My vote for moving on would be assisting getting people of the vale to the abandoned Gnomish stronghold to start, and then maybe checking out the lead on the bandits. If we cannot find any banditry to quell, then head to the eastern cities.
If we do the Gnome thing first, we can all leave our 2 acquired magic items here safely at the vale, and then as part of our payment as guard duty and showing them the way, we can all acquire two more fun items from the vaults!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:41 pm

And then after using them in the eastern cities, pick up two more each on our way back. And maybe by that time have collected a bag of holding, containing a shit-ton of lead boxes in which to store more. :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:43 pm

Getting two more items from the vaults is effectively useless, though, unless we either use our gems before arriving there, or sell ours before claiming it... Otherwise, we'll just explode as soon as we accept them. :P

But it sounds like a good enough suggestion for me, yes. I'm saving suggesting beating up thugs somewhere north-west for in a couple of levels. :shifty:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:37 pm

Nem is less interested in working for an Abbey than other avenues, but equally wouldn't be looking to do work without the promise of some sort of payment. Bandits are likely to have a bit of cash lying around from their takings, so that's an option, but otherwise she'd rather move on.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:06 pm

Maji wants to head twoards the dungeon, but not in it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:25 pm

Dungeon?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:04 pm

The blight place. The gnome ruins?

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:59 pm

It sounds like we're reaching a consensus of "East". It's now just a question of "how far and to do what?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:03 am

Thinks, if you expect zephyr to pay you 5gp, you're going to have to ask for it in character...she is oblivious to all of you guys' planning

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:20 am

Well, we were going to meet up at the inn again at some point to move plans along. We can do that after the Nem / Holger / Maji thing is resolved? Or just skip straight to it and finish the N-H-M thing in ooc.

Nem will not be happy to have Z taking over the wagon without so much as saying hello after she's spent so long working on it, and will not let her start carving her name into the side of it as long as she's there. It's just rude.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:38 am

Zephyr is going to lose wagon riding privileges before she even gains them... :roll:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:47 am

M0rtimer wrote:Getting two more items from the vaults is effectively useless, though, unless we either use our gems before arriving there, or sell ours before claiming it... Otherwise, we'll just explode as soon as we accept them. :P

But it sounds like a good enough suggestion for me, yes. I'm saving suggesting beating up thugs somewhere north-west for in a couple of levels. :shifty:
If we are going there, Coljin will leave his first two items safely at the Vale, and then pick up two more at the vaults.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:16 am

Where do you plan to leave them for them to be safe?

thinkslogically wrote:Out of curiosity, can Nemeia transcribe the Identify scroll into her poetry book now and hold it as an uncastable ritual ready for later or is the whole process only possible with ritual caster?
I'd say you'd need to wait til you have the ritual caster feat, as that would represent a bit more training in being able to transcribe a spell. Attempting it now runs the risk that what you copy is not precise enough to function later. Since AT don't use a wizard's spellbook to cast their regular spells, but they are more innately known, your poetry book is largely just flavor at this point, but when you take the RC feat, it will 'unlock' rituals transcribed within it, at which point you'd be able to add any ritual scrolls to the list of what you can cast.

So in short, hang onto the scroll, and you'd be able to pick two other rituals with the feat and get Identify for the cost of materials and time to transcribe it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:38 am

I'd keep them safe by asking Brother Estin to hold onto them for me. (I'd write it out for him, so he does not miss hear what I'm looking for!)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:43 am

That's completely fine, I'll have her hold onto it for the next wee while until she can do a good job of the transcription. I figure the poetry book would probably make a nice flavourful ritual book for her to use and she'd probably transcribe using the thieves cant for double extra secrecy :lol:

Anyway, if there's 7 of us, it's 10 gold each for the wagon. Let's sort that ooc now so we don't forget, and we'll arrange it IC at the meeting.