Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:28 pm

Zephyr nods her head and whispers "Magic"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:37 pm

"Oh, well... I could... but I think I'd have to say what it was, or folks would be expecting it to do something. Though, it looks really clean, which is good for buying used gear, you know. How do you feel about... 120 gold for the lot?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:37 pm

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:40 pm

(theis, is worth more like 150, not that zephyr cares)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:42 pm

((Ah, right!))

Maji: You spot an excellent stick and chuck it for the dog, who dashes off after it, "Stick! Stick! Stick!" Once it grabs the stick, it comes running back to you, dropping it at your feet. "Throw stick, throwstick, throwstick"

When you throw it again, the dog goes running after it, a few towns folk jumping out of the way and glaring at you.

Eventually the dog is getting pretty worn out, but doesn't show any signs of stopping until you stop throwing... "Throw...*pant pant pant*... stick... *pant pant*...throw"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:46 pm

Maji snickers a bit at the dog's antics and pulls out some jerky from a ration. He barks at the dog. "Good dog. Have treat. Come with me?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:52 pm

The dog takes the jerky, but is panting too hard to eat it at the moment.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:55 pm

"Hmm, hmm... I suppose it's for the best if I don't ask what happened, huh? I've just took the liberty of playing for the inn for the night, have some fun, enjoy the free drink that came with that... I think you stayed up longer than me? Either that, or I missed you moseying out earlier..."

"Anyways, you seem in one piece, so you'll probably end up fine. I was thinking of going to the abbey later... You know what Randy was planning on telling them, exactly? He did make quite a fuss about whether or not we should actually say what we found down there."
Ulmwin asks, staying overall jolly, if a bit more serious and hushed towards the end.

((Does Ulmwin recall Tess leaving? Or what kind of roll would that be. :P ))

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:57 pm

"It all looks as if it haven't been used and the metal work is decent, I would say this is worth at least 200 while still taking into account you are going to sell it for a profit."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:59 pm

Maji scratches behind the dog's ear, letting him rest. He'll recast speak with animals as a ritual if needed.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:04 pm

"haha! I'm... Honestly not sure what I did last night but I woke up in a field outside town, 25 gold richer for it. ...I can't say that's ever happened to me before, but I don't think any harms been done!

As for our ranger friend... No. I don't know what he's thinking. But I did have a thought of my own about all this! I was wondering how you and Holger, and Krodop would feel about forming a little private venture? This trip has got me considering that I've made more gold in a month than I've ever seen in my life, and it strikes me that this mercenary business is a damn sight more lucrative than performing in bars for a few coppers. Besides, it would be nice to tell our own tales for a while don't you think? We all performers after all, and perhaps one or two of the others could be persuaded to provide some muscle."

((Or we could hire Krodop))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:06 pm

((Tess told Holger that she was going to bed I'll let her weigh in on whether or not she waved goodnight to anyone else.))

Holger and Tess the other tiefling: "Two hundred? That's more than I can do, most of the caravan folks that'd be buying it are pretty outfitted. It'd be folks looking to replace damage gear... How about 150? Or if you folks were needing anything else, might be able to do some in trade?"
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:08 pm

((hey I can teleport!! :D

And nah- Tess told Holger but was mostly just concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other when she turned in))

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:10 pm

When Rudolph awakens from his disrupted sleep, he starts to attempts to do his morning exercises but give up after half way through with his mine wanting to examine his letter once more. Taking a swig of some of his left over wine from the night before he begins to study it again. After about an hour or so when the wine is empty and his stomach grumbles he heads downstairs for breakfast. And goes chat to the other who are up.

"Good morning all. Looks like some carried on a bit longer last night than I did"
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:14 pm

The dog eventually recovers enough to start chewing on the jerky, while it does, you take the time to recast your spell.

"Scwuffy! Whewe awe you? I finish my chowes, Mama say I can play now!"

The dogs ears perk up, and it bounds over to lick the face of the small human girl that comes around the corner. She giggled happily and looks up at you.

"Scwuffy, did you make a fwiend?"

"Yes! Good stick throws! Meat!"

((Not sure of his numbers, but if Ulmwin has passive perception 12+, we'll say he saw.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:19 pm

"Hmm, do you have various types of makeup, wigs and the like (disguise kit)? Could use one for my performances and maybe a set of simple traveling clothes? My previous outfit came to an unfortunate end. 150 would sound good with that on top."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:21 pm

"Good morning Rudy! ...yes I think I could probably use a bath. I was just speaking to Ulmwin about what to do next, now our adventure is over.

((She'll repeat her plan if he's interested))

"What about you? Any plans?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:24 pm

Ulmwin only raises an eyebrow when she hears that Tess got 25 gold richer and woke up outside of town- That's... A rather odd series of events, and how such a thing could occur is best not left to a creative mind... So he chooses not to remark on it as she continues to the next subject.

"Hmm... I've been feeling faintly similar, really. Never quite considered myself poor or anything of the likes, considered myself making a decent living just going from inn to inn performing... But now my pouch is so hefty, I almost don't know what to do with it." he says, rather quietly- It's probably not the kind of subject you want to be too loud about, lest it falls on the wrong kind of ears.

"Not to mention as you say, we are playing the role of hero and creating our own little tales, aren't we..? I've been considering how one would tell the tale of our little expedition... I'd figure if you cut out all the boring parts of us taking a break and mending our injured we could probably make it quite action packed- And no one can tell if we liven it up a bit. How does this sound- And as the tree roared in pain, surrounded from all sides, there was a glint from the shadows- The slender form of the huntress revealing itself only slightly as she blended as one with the shadows, yet allowed herself to show just for the briefest moment so the unholy blight of wood and corpses could see her smirk... Her arrow penetrating straight through for what passed of the unholy blight's mouth, and exploding out it's other end as it crumbled to nothing but timber." he says, smirking. "Just sticking with a story for now. Ought to figure out a song, still... It's what we bards do, isn't it? Record lore so it passes through the ages."

"Anyways-"
he continues, realizing he's not actually answered her question yet: "I admit it does sound interesting... We'd ought to make sure we've got enough of the others backing us up, of course- Lucrative it may be, but it's still dangerous... Let's see what the others think- Although you may rely on my services already, if you so wish..."

(He didn't see then)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Maji waves at the girl and looks a bit awkard. He should have asked if the dog had an owner, but forgot. He scratches the dog behind the ears again before getting ready to leave.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:42 pm

"Do you wanna play wif us Mistew Dwagonman? I can't thwow sticks good."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:42 pm

"Merc work is a fair way to get yourself around places and earn a bit to keep you going. I've basically been doing that for a little while now. Though I was a bit to choosy at first and ended up at my lowest funds not to long ago, I kept choosing the things that... interested me more than stuff like common guard work, not that
there's anything wrong with that mine, just wasn't my type of thing. If there's something interesting going, I'd be willing to join in."

Takes a sip of wine.

"Not 100% sure what i'm doing next otherwise, need to get these two items I.D and I'm tempted to head back down to Portston and see what going on down there. I had to sell a good set of plate down there at one point and now with some cash influx i might be able to get it back. Talking of which did the others plan to go off and sell all the good we discovered already, Seems they may have rushed off without organizing things?"
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Nemeia snorts a laugh into her breakfast as Ulmwin raises his eyebrow.

"You mind your thoughts Master Bard! I assure you I have had plenty of time to wonder how I got out there and I'm sure everything that is occurring to you has occurred to me! But I am fine, if a little tired. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Holger's strange magic again..."

She listens to his tale then claps enthusiastically at his enlivened ending

"Hah! Wonderful! I'm sure I could re-enact the moment perfectly too! You are right of course. We would need protection on the road if we were going to try and move saleable items around AND the equipment we'd need for our performances and such... I'm glad I can count on your support, Ulmwin! This shall be fun! And you would be a great asset to have too Master Rudolph! Perhaps you can lend some class to our band of scoundrels!

For today, I think I will pass on the Abbey. I have no great love of such places, and I think I would rather rest a bit and take advantage of the baths! If you see the others when you're there, perhaps suggest that we meet here later to discuss our future plans?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Maji pauses and looks at her, eyebrow raised. He gets the stick he was throwing and tosses it a short distance.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:02 pm

She claps delightedly as "Scwuffy" runs after the stick.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:05 pm

He pets the dog when it comes back. He barks softly at the dog, "You like girl?"