The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:20 am

((You can change altitude as part of your movement, just can't move forward or back without pulling or pushing off something. You'd be able to lower yourself a bit and lean forward to hit the skeleton, then raise back up. You'd never be leaving his range, so won't provoke OppAtt, but while you're adjacent right now, it's your feet adjacent to the rest of him.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:30 am

As long as I don't provoke attack of opportunities from the swarm then it's fine :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:32 am

((Swarm has range of 0 ft, can only attack you if you're sharing a square with them. You'd be able to control your hovering to stay above them.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:35 am

Down to stab and up again to not give cover for the others.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:35 am

lying in the pool of her own blood, other than her own heartbeat, zephyr hears the giant undead snake moving through the sand to its current position. With some difficulty, she picks
herself up off the floor and scooches 5 feet to the right. (east). She looks down briefly to check that randy is still alive and smiles when she hears his soft but steady breathing.
Not wanting to hurt him, but wanting to distance herself from the badguys as much as possible, she drags Randy as far SE as she can. (Not sure how far that can happen)
Zephyr scooches an additional 5 feet to the right (east) to be slightly away from mr. Snake.
Once arriving, she filches through her pockets until her hand closes on a small grayish gem. Intelligence flickers in her eyes as she pulls it out and tosses it to the floor in the space between herself and the enemy. (the idea is to try to create a buffer zone between herself and the enemies) Attempting to put the creature in such a way that either the snake or the H coming at us will have to go through it.

Grayish Gem - Stone Creature - Duration = 2d6: 2D6 = [2, 4] = 6

Roxy- Initiative : 1D20+1 = [14]+1 = 15 - 1 = 14
(I would like to attack with her)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:17 am

Gathering herself, Zephyr scoots next to Randy, who doesn't seem dead, before pulling free her gray gem. She wills it to activate and throws it to the ground next to Zihuassal.

The gem shatters, and a tiny, indistinct, grey figure emerges and begins to grow in size as the stone slabs under it loudly crumble and shatter, the shards and remnants being drawn to the still growing figure, which is now looming as tall as Zihuassal, the broken bits of stone floor being pulled taut against its body, a powerful stone golem standing before you. Its massive fists look good for the punching as it turns a pair of glowing grey eyes to Zephyr and waits for instruction.

Zihuassal looks a bit alarmed.

((Dragging Randy would preclude the gem stuff, it seemed that was of greater import to you, so prioritized that instead. Go ahead and roll me 17d10+85... :roll: What instructions do you want to issue? Takes you bonus action to give it a command, which it will attempt to complete until its done or you give it another command. ))

Holger floats down and plinks the skeleton with a dagger before floating back upwards.

The swarm of snakes, robbed of their tasty sorcerer prey, slither up the ramp to Maji, swarming around his legs and attempting to bite him, but he's able to knock a few back with his staff, and remains unbitten for now.

Snake Swarm: Maji: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9

((Coljin, I haven't moved you yet, you'd be able to get up to where Ulmwin is and be able to see the snakes swarming around Maji's legs. Shooting at them with ranged, he'd give cover, but I'd say you'd be able to use melee without cover penalty.))

Snake-arm skeleton
Ulmwin: 220
Zihuassal
Maji: 225
Roxy
Randy (stabilized)
Snake-head skeleton
Zephyr: 6 rounds of Roxy
Holger: 230
Swarm of Snakes
Coljin: 200 <-------------
Tess: 180
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:23 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:25 am

((Under the average of 178. Niiiice. >:D ))

Zihuassal extends his finger at the stone golem and the sound of a gong tolls through the room.

((Badge, roll a WIS save for Roxy for me, she has +0, but has Magic Resistance: The golem has advantage on saving throws against Spells and other magical effects..))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:33 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:35 am

You see your new friend quiver slightly, as bits of the stone that covers her crumbles into dust and drift slowly to the ground. She seems otherwise unaffected.

Zihuassal: Gong the Golem: 2D8 = [5, 6] = 11
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:48 am

((Forgot NSF was increasing melanin production this week.))

Coljin: moves up alongside Ulmwin, and not seeing an easy way to be sure not to shoot Maji in the leg, pulls out his mace and has a swing at the swarm of snakes around the dragonborn. His mace head crushes a snake, but most of them move out of the way and he doesn't connect as forcefully as he'd like.

Coljin: Swarm smashing: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
Coljin: Swarm smashing: damage: 1D6+2 = [3]+2 = 5

Tess bravely inches forward, and can see the backs of the gnomes, but nothing else.

The pair of skeletal snakey arms lash up at the floating Holger... but both close on air as the sorcerer pulls his legs up closer to his floating body.

Snake-Arm: bite at Holger: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15

((Ulmwin, you don't have visual on the skeleton from where you are currently, but could step up next to Maji to be able to see it... however, in current position or a square forward, the snakes are really unnerving, and would give you disadvantage on a shot with your crossbow. They seem pretty into Maji though, and you could probably back up and shoot them without getting attacked... but then there's the issue of shooting a crossbow bolt at his feet without hitting him... You could probably stab at them relatively safely, or move past Maji into the space under Holger and have snakes and Maji behind you and skeletal snake arm guy in front of you.))

Snake-arm skeleton
Ulmwin: 220 <-------------
Zihuassal
Roxy
Randy (stabilized)
Snake-head skeleton
Swarm of Snakes
Coljin: 220
Tess: 210
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:57 am

Ulmwin drops his rapier, and goes for stabbing the snakes then..!

Rapier attack: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
1D8+2 = [6]+2 = 8

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Ulmwin lunges forward, managing to spear a snake on his rapier, though he's getting the feeling that killing off these snakes one by one isn't as effective as it could be.

Zihuassal clutches his pendant and inscribes a few gestures in the air that trail glowing sparkles, chanting in his sibilant tongue, and the trails of glowing sparkles take shape, phantasmal snakes circling him, mouths gaping open as they flit about.

*Edit: He calls out to in whatever tongue he shares with his underlings, and they look in his direction.

((Maji, you have snakes all about your legs. Ten feet in front of you, past the floating Holger, is a big skeleton with snake skeletons for arms.))

Snake-arm skeleton
Zihuassal
Maji: 225 <-------------
Roxy
Randy (stabilized)
Snake-head skeleton
Swarm of Snakes
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Can I get the swarm and snakeleton with a breath attack?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:56 pm

((Sure can.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:16 pm

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:09 pm

With a low hissing growl, Maji belches forth a stream of acidic liquid and vapor, the snakeleton, it's attention drawn to its master, doesn't avoid his blast.

DEX save: Snakeleton 2: 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10

The swarm fares no better, those in front of Maji where the acid settles writhing and curling up as they die. It seems to be more effective than physical damage at reducing their numbers.

DEX save: Swarm: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11

Holger, for his part, is getting a core workout, doing yet another knee raise to stay out of the way of stuff going on under him.

((Badge, Roxy is starting in his area of swirling phantasmal snakes, so she'll need to make a Save. You also mentioned you wanted to attack with her, but didn't issue specific command. Shall we assume it was "Punch the snake man"? If so, I'd like from you...))
  • WIS Save at advantage, +0 modifier
  • One slam attack at +10 to hit
  • A second slam attack at +10 to hit
((I'll let you know if you need to roll damage, and what that will be.))

Snake-arm skeleton
Zihuassal
Roxy <-------------
Randy (stabilized)
Snake-head skeleton
Swarm of Snakes
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:59 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:15 am

Two of the swirling snakes surrounding Zihuassal pass through Roxy, stone crumbling to dust and ash where they pass, but she seems to withstand the worst of it.

Spirit Snakes: 3D8 = [2, 7, 5] = 14 --> 7

Roxy, acting on your orders, raises one fist and then the other, slamming both down into the the mummified snake-man.

((Go ahead and roll damage on both, 3d8+6 each. Also, can you clarify what your orders to Roxy were last turn?))

Snake-arm skeleton
Zihuassal
Roxy <-------------
Randy (stabilized)
Snake-head skeleton
Swarm of Snakes
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:47 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:48 am

The powerful stone fists slam into the mummy snake-man, undead bones snapping with the impact. He does not look pleased.

The snake-headed skeleton and rushes to Roxy, trying to grab hold of one of her arms, but his hand just skitters off her rocky form.

Grapple: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Frustrated, he snaps at her arm, tearing off a few rocks that clatter into the depression left by her formation, and a pulse of dark energy causes more of her to crumble to dust.

Bite: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19
Bite: 1D4+3+2D6 = [4]+3+[2, 1] = 10

Snake-arm skeleton
Zihuassal
Roxy
Randy (stabilized)
Snake-head skeleton
Zephyr: 5 rounds of Roxy <-------------
Swarm of Snakes
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:05 pm

Zephyr pulls Randy back away from the chaos erupting in front of them until Randy is closer to the brazier.
She rises unsteadily to her feet and holds up a hand, sending a fireball at the skeleton that came up behind Roxy. (If I can get a clean shot)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:16 pm

(You can, I'm assuming you mean fire bolt?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:41 pm

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Zephyr moves to Randy, and grabbing him by the collar, drags his unconscious form away from the scuffle that has broken out in the middle of the room, sending a warning fire bolt past the skeleton that just bit his stone golem.

Snake-arm skeleton
Zihuassal
Roxy
Randy (stabilized)
Snake-head skeleton
Zephyr: 5 rounds of Roxy
Holger: 230 <-------------
Swarm of Snakes