The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:47 pm

She stops cackling. Can she see anyone around?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:55 pm

((Make a Perception check please.))

Maji: You wander down to the research library, where you are greeted by Brother Orodeth, his lithe elven frame, even with advanced age bowing gracefully.

He greets you in fluid Draconic, "Ah, good morning Maji'ah'l. If you are able to leave your items with me, I'll have some of the researchers start on them as soon as they have completed their morning tasks. If you stop by after the noon meal, they should be ready for you. Ah, any donations you wish to provide the Abbey in return for services can be placed in that box by the door."

Presuming that you do, once you return, each item has a small slip of paper tied to your mask and two pendants.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:02 pm

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:15 pm

Your eyes are bleary and your head hurts, but you don't see anyone else about. It would seem your night time excursion isn't known to anyone... Including yourself.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Nemeia scowls at the quiet landscape and frowns at the garrison as she ponders what actually happened last night. She supposes she should probably find Holger, but the pub seems as good a place as any to find him.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:37 pm

((Garrison I'd far to the east, you're to the West.))

Tess eventually stumbles back to town.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:38 pm

((oops! I thought the escarpment I woke up under had the garrison on it.))

To the pub!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:33 pm

While he is waiting for his items to be identified, he goes look out in town, and tries to find an animal friend, looking for one of the more battle hardened ones. He keeps in mind his lowered funds, but it would be nice to have a non humanoid companion. He looks for something that would suit him best. (Not sure if there are any 'exotic' animals or not here, should I roll to see what I find? If not then I will probably get a mastiff.)

At noon he goes back to retrieve the items.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:48 pm

((How do you want to try to find an animal friend? Give me a check and justify it...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:09 pm

per (to find the animal), insight (to see how the animal reacts): 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14

I will post animal handling later once he finds something suitible and casts speak with animals.

Head cannon for speak with animals. Surprised I didn't reference this show earlier, honestly.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:34 am

Randy will have gone back to his rooms and spent a quiet night, rising early as per the custom of the Abbey and helping with morning services. Provided his clothing is cleaned and repaired, he put those on minus the armor. He will don the swords and three daggers, but leave bow and arrows in his rooms. Observant individuals may notice that his badge/symbol of Obad-Hai seems to be missing. He will have gone down to the refectory afterwards and helped himself to a bowel of porridge, sauasges and eggs and toast with fruit preserves, and plenty of hot tea with honey.
Taking a steaming mug with him, he chase down Orodreth, ask how the translation of the Fey book is going, and give him a quick synopsis of the journey, along with the speculations about the ruins possibly belonging to the Builders. He'll then show and give him the holo gem for him to work on, and leave the red gem, burned claw, and breast plate to be fully identified, with cautions about the handling of the red gem and claw. "These are apparently weapons that the Builders made. They appear to be single use, but the ones we used were fairly devastating. Don't get them close together or they begin to interact. And for gods sake, don't crush or break them! That's how you set them off. We think the red one is some kind of fire spell. The claw we're not so sure about. The breast plate probably belonged to a victim of the blights. We know it's enchanted, but nothing else. I'll be down in the Scriptorium working on my report and teaching young Jareth the finer points of penmanship. Father Ashmamsuit thought he might be a good choice for copying my report for the Abbey archives. I hope he's either got a strong stomach or not too much imagination. Some of it is going to make for grim reading."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:17 am

Ulmwin stretches in the morning, and lies down for another couple minutes, a luxury taken from him for the last week or so... He also unknowingly begrudges himself that, apparently, scamming people or getting black out drunk is more profitable than the meager 23 silver shillings he attained for some simple performances, but it remains unknowingly since he wouldn't actually know any of that... Well, at least not the latter half of it. Holger already seems to be gone by the time he manages to get down for breakfast, though, as he stays far more modest after last night- Paying whatever is needed to grab himself a simple breakfast. It occurs to him he could likely persuade for a free breakfast after last night's performance, but unless it's offered to him on the house he's not going to play hard- Not with this weight in his pouch...

Eventually, assuming there's no interruptions, he supposes he should head off to the abbey- He's going to try and find Randy first, to make rapport on what he did and did not want mentioned, knowing he'd been rather skeptical about revealing a couple things...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:52 am

When zephyr awakens in the morning, she goes first to fill her belly before returning to her room and collecting her things for the day. She leaves the scabbard, javelin and cloak with the man who will be identifying them, as well as the 2 items she got from the vaults, the grey gem and bronze whistle. She donates 500gp to the box (1000 copper (10gp), 1,700 silver(170gp),several gems worth (170gp) & 150 gold).

She then heads into town while she waits on the things, hoping to run into Coljin, but heading in the direction of buckleberrys to sell some things from the road.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:59 am

Maji: As you approach town, you notice a sleeping dog being stalked by a tabby. The cat pounces, before dashing away, the dog waking up in confusion and spinning about before bounding after the cat, barking and barking. The cat leaps and claws its way up to a rooftop, where it starts cleaning itself, seeming to ignore the dog. A villager shushes the barking dog.

Randerwaith: You have a good rest, the basic mattresses of the Abbey feeling like the height of luxury after weeks on the road. You find Orodeth, and check up on things with him before leaving him with some of your items and a warning. You show him the holo gem, and he's certainly fascinated by the prospect, and you chat pleasantly before you take your leave to go work on your report.

((Pretty sure the holo gem needs gnomish activation, but if you've described its general function, he can probably find a gnome about to recruit to investigate it.))

Whenever you return in the afternoon, you find your breastplate, gem and claw have been identified and have small tags affixed.
► Show Spoiler
Zephyr: You have a simple breakfast with the Abbey folks, before taking your items down to the researcher to have them identified. He informs you that it likely won't be until the evening, but they should be able to get to them today.

((Are you leaving your sword with them in the scabbard, or switching back to your old one for today?))

Ulmwin: You have a bit of a lazy morning, wandering down to find Tom and the other servers doing some cleaning among the breakfast patrons. He brings you out a bit plate of bacon, eggs, porridge and toast, and turns down your money.

You eventually finish up, just as a bedraggled Tess stumbles in...

((Yeah, your companions may have successfully fleeced folks or whatever Tess did to earn her coin, but you're the house bard for the moment, room and board is covered.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:04 am

Yes, I suppose I'll visit Krantor tomorrow if she must, as I'd prefer to have all the things back before going out of town.

For now, she'll go to town trying to sell off the bandit loot (and then split the money among the group)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:09 am

Maji shakes his head at the sight, grinning in amusement. He wonders why an ordinary cat would run up to a dog. He watches thier antics, keeping a closer eye on the cat, seeing if it acts oddly again.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:12 am

"I've been thinking of a small chest like box roughly 40 by 40 by 40 in size, locks won't really be necessary, I intend to carry it with me for now. How much will that be?"

Holger will make a weak attempt to haggle but his heart really isn't into it and will pay the price for the box unless it is some outrageous price. He will then head to the abbey to make certain if they have someone in there able to cast arcane lock and identify while he's at it since his hat is still unknown magic with no hints of what that magic is.

Holger persuasion: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8

((Yeah I've slipped him 36 silver hoping that's enough to satisfy him :P And being the European I am, I decided to give measurements in cm))

Btw, Badge, before you go out to sell the loot maybe grab hold of one of the many charisma based character to maybe help haggling with you? Holger would also like to get a few of the daggers, which I think I've forgotten to mention since I was too busy playing music at the time :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:17 am

^Perhaps if I run into you in the store you can help me out Theis.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:27 am

Zephyr: You leave your javelin, scabbard and sword, and cloak with the researchers and head to town, eventually making your way to Buckleburry's Emporium.
► Show Spoiler

Maji: The cat seems to be mischievously antagonizing the dog, while it is making a show of licking its paw and cleaning its face, you can see it's watching the dog the whole time. After the dog gets scolded, and slinks back to its sleeping spot, the cat keeps watching, tail flicking back and forth.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:36 am

"Ah... You're looking as if you had a fun night."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:46 am

Holger: "Ah, let me see... "

The halfling disappears into the cluttered back of the shop, you hear some crashing and mild cursing, then dragging sounds.

While you're waiting, Zephyr wanders in.

The halfling returns with two options, "Ah, another customer! I'll be right with you miss. Ok, so these are what I've got, one is in better shape, as you can see, but both are solid enough. The better one would run 1 gold, and we'll call the battered one 8 silver."

((I started doing math before I got to your clarification about cm... in inches, that's a 39 cubic foot chest!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:50 am

Maji ritual casts speak with animals and looks at the cat, pretty sure it's not what it seems to be. He lets out a few low meows to the cat, which the cat would understand as this: "Why attack dog?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:51 am

'Ah, hello Holger." Zephyr says as she makes her way into the store. "Funny to see you here actually, perhaps you could help me with some things when you're done."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 am

Maji: A few folks give you odd looks as you start meowing at the cat in a raspy whisper, it turns and looks at you, before meowing in response. You hear it as, "Bored. I felt like it."

It goes back to licking its paws.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:14 am

Maji ignores the people, not caring about what they think, letting out some more low meows. "Most cats wouldn't attack something much larger than them. I doubt you want to leave..." He looks around to see if the dog has a collar or not.