The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.

Moderator: Games Moderators

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:09 pm

INT: 1D20+1 = [16]+1 = 17

((Oh. You did say with advantage.))

INT: 1D20+1 = [11]+1 = 12

17 it is.

Randy does tell the leader his name so they can tell the brothers who to ask for.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:37 pm

As Maji pulls out his sprig of yew, she clasps her hands together excitedly.

Maji understands
In Druidic:
"Ah, yes. Moon Sibling is the term we use for those of us that are able to take the shapes of beasts. You have been chosen for great potential, Yew Bearer. Are you willing to allow me to help you reach it? I am Alistral... are you only able to speak through your board?"


Randy: You're fairly sure they were speaking Sylvan among themselves.
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11398
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Maji grins
Spoiler: show
I would gladly take that offer.
When speaking comes up he froms
Spoiler: show
Speaking hurts. Not enough to disuade from casting.
Maji points to himself and takes a deep breath and speaks 'loudly', as in a loud whisper. "Maji'aj'l or Maji"
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13457
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:57 pm

The young female continues to speak with Maji.

Maji understands
In Druidic:
"Not a problem at all. I like a good listener. Maji'aj'l... pleasure to meet you. Let me speak to our leader."


She whirls and returns to Dryderion, speaking excitedly in their native language. He nods, and turns to Randerwaith.

Randy and Holger understand
"The Yew Bearer agrees to learn. We can thank you for ending Tainted Ones with escort out of Wild?"
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11398
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Randy bows his head to the leader and salutes him with a clenched fist over heart.

Spoiler: show
"We would be honored and thank you."
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby BadgeAddict » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Zephyr looks back at the party and sees that they are being harassed by some horses.
Perception : 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11
Colonizing the New WorldColonial Re-imagining
http://www.meandmypixels.com - A Webcomic Adventure by LAYF

The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7435
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Dryderion nods and turns the the black haired male, speaking to him shortly in Sylvan. The other centaur nods and gallops to the south as older female and younger male slide into the grass to either side, the leader and young female remaining on the roadway with the party.

Randy and Holger understand
"Perhaps you let your scout know?"


Your four centaur escorts are ready to move out.

((Mechanically, they will be handling scouting and other duties on your way back to Circle Vale. I would like each of you to give me a pair of d12 rolls, however.))
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11398
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Maji wants to stay close to the centaur that he can understand, if possible.q
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13457
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Randy looks ruefully up the road.

Spoiler: show
"Our 'scout'. Yes. It's probably best if one of us talks to her to prevent a 'misunderstanding' . She can be a bit...impulsive."


Randy starts trotting up the road (dash action) to let her know what's up.

"Zephyr! It's okay, but come back to the group please! "

Once she's close enough, he'll explain what's going on, with an emphasis that the centaurs are friendly and helping them.

_: 1D12 = [8] = 8

_: 1D12 = [1] = 1 (( I know not if this be good or bad. ))
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Patdragon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Currently playing
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2268
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Andong, Korea



Re: The Sundered Way

Postby M0rtimer » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:57 am

User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10059
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby BadgeAddict » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:47 am

Colonizing the New WorldColonial Re-imagining
http://www.meandmypixels.com - A Webcomic Adventure by LAYF

The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7435
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Theis2 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:00 am

Holger also thanks them for their offer and if any of them are walking amongst the group he'll try to share stories with them and see what he can learn and perhaps also do a bit of entertainment.

Holger persuasion: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22
Holgers roll of awesome: 1D12 = [12] = 12
1D12 = [11] = 11
Games I'm in
The island as Shackled by many
The goblin adventure league as Steals the tequilla (Free for all to join and wait for a quest/game)
PTU trinity isle as Drake the researcher of pokemon and the occult
Lair of the mountain king as Wakes in mountains

I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread
User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
 
Posts: 5870
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby BadgeAddict » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:07 am

As zephyr walks back she cocks an eyebrow in Randy's direction. She realized quickly that these were not normal horses, but some horrible mutation of man and horse. It made her wonder whether it was a female human or female horse that gave birth to the first of their kind... She started laughing to herself as she thought about this.

"what's going in Randy"
Colonizing the New WorldColonial Re-imagining
http://www.meandmypixels.com - A Webcomic Adventure by LAYF

The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7435
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:37 am

Randy quickly explains what happened, summarizing the conversation with the leader.

"To thank us for getting rid of the blights, the centaurs are going to give us an honor escort back to Circle Vale. Might as well make it easier on ourselves."
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:42 am

As Zephyr wanders back, still in a jovial mood, the centaur leader gives her a nod of respect as well.

As you move out, Maji sticks close to the young female centaur, who wastes no time in beginning his education, asking him which forms he's successfully taken in the past, and promising to help teach him more when they stop to rest. Your day passes in quiet discussion.

((We'll say you can only take the bear, wolf and centipede forms you've done thus far, she'll be teaching you the rest that we earmarked, and teaching you how to learn new ones.))

Holger strikes up a conversation with the leader in Elvish, and should the conversation turn towards questions about centaur culture, the mage would find the topic turned more towards discussion of places that the centaur tribe has traveled, and things they have seen.

As the day pushes on towards evening, you arrive at a campsite already prepared by the young centaur scout and the warrior female, who are introduced to you as Rothar and Kreentath, respectively. The four centaurs offer to take the four shifts of watch during the night, though any of you that wish to would be welcome to join them. As camp is being made, and meals being prepared, Alistral takes Maji aside.

She asks him to think back to a creature he is familiar with... something he has observed... watched... perhaps hunted... a beast that he has learned how it moves, how it responds, how it thinks. ((What beast comes to mind of those we previously identified?))

beast list for convenience
Badger, cat, deer, goat, lizard, rat, spider, weasel, mastiff, mule, pony,
boar, draft horse, riding horse, warhorse.


((Is there anything else you guys would like to do with your evening?))
games I gm
Surviving Castle Heterodyne, a Girl Genius themed game where the players are sparks.

Fallout: Settlers, co-GM with Badge, set in the Fallout world as a vault of dwellers emerge into a changed world.

The Sundered Way, my 5e forum campaign.


games I play
Darfel Kroven, Human Cleric of Tempus in Theis2's "Shipwrecked!".

Splits Focus in Thinkslogically's Lair of the Mountain King

Korga in Dlover's Hunters of Letrua.

Laughs Creepily in "Goblin Adventurer's League".

Korbrok, the dwarven telekinetic blacksmith berserker in Quarg's "An Adventure in Aldra".

Korrik Tallpine, a halfling monk with a shady past in Thinks' "The Wandering Archipelago".
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
 
Posts: 11398
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:51 am

Maji thinks about what she asks, thinking about one of the deers he has hunted down.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13457
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Theis2 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:04 am

Play and be merry as he swoons the centaurs with music or something :P
Games I'm in
The island as Shackled by many
The goblin adventure league as Steals the tequilla (Free for all to join and wait for a quest/game)
PTU trinity isle as Drake the researcher of pokemon and the occult
Lair of the mountain king as Wakes in mountains

I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread
User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
 
Posts: 5870
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby BadgeAddict » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:28 am

Zephyr refuses to completely trust these horsey humans and sits up for part of the watch. She starts cleaning the chain mail that she found, trying to work the chain back into working order.
Colonizing the New WorldColonial Re-imagining
http://www.meandmypixels.com - A Webcomic Adventure by LAYF

The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
 
Posts: 7435
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:44 am

Randy will be exchanging information with Dryderion about anything interesting in the Wild and anything he may be interested in about the settled lands. Pretty much an open exchange. Randy is curious about their travels and their typical ranges.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby NotStickFigures » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Survival, foraging for food: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14

Also rolled the d12..and lost em with copying...rolled 8 and 4.

Coljin feels quite left out, not being able to understand the language and he stays quiet and watches instead.

He will take some quiet time when they camp to do some quick prayers and mediation.

After that he will forage a bit in the area for any fresh berries, or edible plants and roots he can find, so the group can have a bit more diversity from the rations.
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Converses Frequently
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:41 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby M0rtimer » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Ulmwin will cast comprehend languages somewhere along the line so he can at least follow the conversations a bit easier instead of having to rely on constant translations, but besides that he's fine with having just a regular evening.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 10059
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

Re: The Sundered Way

Postby Patdragon » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Rudolph makes general chat with Coljin as he also doesn't speak the centaurs language. He will also enquire a little about his religion and his mediation techniques as he was feeling more in need of some self control after his dark sword outburst when fighting the vines the other day.
Currently playing
Forges for food (3gp)- The Goblin Adventuring league
Pushes Buttons The Island
Rudolph Sundered Way


Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem
User avatar
Patdragon
Game Master
 
Posts: 2268
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm
Location: Andong, Korea

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dlover and 7 guests