The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:37 pm

Nemeia feels the alcohol affecting her far more than she would really like, and stumbles to Holger fairly early (probably before midnight), telling him that she thinks she had better turn in. Shell enjoy one last shot of spirit and head upstairs to quietly pass out.

((I hope she manages to not vomit all over the bar at least))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:39 pm

((Sounds worth a Con save... ;) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Ah damnit! I rolled and apparently didn't put it in:

Con save: 1D20 = [2] = 2

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:48 pm

((Hmm, roll me a d10 please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:03 pm

I'm really hoping this is a random table and not a ranked one...

Not vomiting...?: 1D10 = [1] = 1

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:11 pm

Those of you in the tavern see Tess call it a night and stumble up to bed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Randy replies to the old dragon born. "Definitely gnomish. There was a... time... down in the ruins when I spent a while studying the architecture. I'd estimate that it was at least several hundred years old. I suspect it may even be from before Circle Vale. It was designed with defense in mind. We found a huge store of items that had been enchanted with single use spells, and at least some of it clearly weaponized. We used a few in the fight with the blights. We all brought some of these back." Randy shows the red gem and the burned claw. "A person can only carry a few of them at a time. They seem to start to react to each other if they get too close together. There was other treasure, including some magical, that we found that clearly came from the blights victims. I can give you a quick summary of the trip. If you want a detailed briefing, that's going to probably take at least a few hours. You may want the others here to question as well. I wasn't present for everything that happened."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:08 am

Performance: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18

constitution: 1D20+2 = [11]+2 = 13

While the food might not fit, Ulmwin seems to have kept the drink moderately well under control... And it gets the inspiration flowing as he plays a couple old classics.

Eventually, as things are proceeding, he asks the inn keeper if there's any rooms left to stay the night- He'd gladly play a couple songs as payment if required.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:36 am

Holger will use his charm and performance to keep egging people on.

Holger persuation: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
Holger performance: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17

Holger deception tide of chaos: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [15, 11]+4 = 19
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 am

Zephyr finally finishes reading the letter and tucks it away into her pocket and while Maji had tried waving a board in front of her face to get her attention, he was now writing in a script she didn't know and was showing it to the father. She did overhear about his offer to identify their magical items however.

"Father, I overheard you talking to Maji about identification of things, who shall we give our things to? Other than these crystals that we found in the ruins, I have 3 items that I wish to be identified." She pauses for a moment thinking about all of the other things that she had brought back with her. "We found plenty of gold to cover 100gp per item, I wouldn't want to shirk you, especially after everything that you've done for us and for me. Who shall I pay and who shall I leave my things with?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:47 pm

Randerwaith: The old dragonborn strokes his chin with a clawed hand, musing aloud, but almost as if he's forgotten you're there. "Fascinating... There are no records of gnomish cultures that would have left extensive ruins behind existing in the Wilds in the last hundred years... Even before the Sundering, it was not widely populated, not since the Builders... I wonder... could this be a ruin of the Builders? Could all of the ruins have subterranean levels?"

As you mention the artifacts of single use magic, his attention is draw back to you.

"They react, you say? Could you show me what you mean?.... yes, I probably should have a chat with all of you... I suppose I can be patient and wait til the morning... though if you've discovered evidence of the Builders beyond the roadways and sparse ruins... why, this is an enormous discovery!"

"I'll wait until we've had a chance to speak with everyone, but are you certain you could find the ruins you explored again? If your Order doesn't have pressing need of you, would you be willing to lead an expedition back to catalog and study the ruins?"

Zephyr: You refuse to let Maji pull our attention from the parchment, folding up and returning the folder to the Father's desk. You speak up, following up on your dragonborn companion's questions regarding identification.

"Ah, yes. If there are lots of items to be identified, we can probably put a few folks on it. Brother Orodeth can help organize some researchers to work on it, if you and any of the others who have things would like to drop them off in the morning? I suppose you could leave them here if you wanted, but they likely won't be able to get started until the morrow anyway."

Ulmwin: You manage not to let the food and drink get in the way of still being able to play with skill, and do a couple half hour sets for the tavern that secure you a room for the night, and the equivalent of 23 silver in small coins, as well as not needing to want for a drink readily on hand whenever you want one.

The crowds certainly seem to enjoy your playing, and it has them in a festive mood, which the barkeep seems to appreciate.

Holger: The poor fools have no idea that you're stone cold sober, some artful weaving and a transient bout of hiccups keep them on the hook, various members of bachelor party you've apparently wheedled your way into convinced that THIS time they'll be able to beat you. One by one, they end up face down on the table, or end up running from the common area, only to return pale and wiping their mouths.

By the time the last of them calls it quits, either voluntarily or involuntarily, you've drank your way though almost the entire beverage list, and have managed to pocket 180 silver and 45 gold.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:57 pm

"I would imagine there is probably at least 15-20 items between all of us that need identified, is it easier to identify several items at once, or is it still so costly and time consuming?" Zephyr asks, not caring so much about the money aspect as the time, feeling somewhat bad about taking up all of their time in this manner. "If you intend on going back to the ruins, I would be more than happy to join you, especially with those bandits on the loose, finding their camp would be a good way to put an end to them. Father would you know of anyone who could appraise the value of some non-magical items that I found in the ruins as well?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:04 pm

"Oh, my! They have to be handled one at a time, a Detect Magic spell can give you a sense of a bunch of magic items, but to precisely determine its nature requires more dedicated study. We would very much like to send an expedition to explore further, but... well, I rather supposed you would want to follow up with Krentor. An expedition to the ruins would be seeking to steer clear of any bandit activity, as it would be comprised of scholars as well as more martial types. You might try Buckleburry in town for appraising non-magical stuff."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:08 pm

"You're right of course father, I do want to follow up with Krentor, but I'm torn because my heart yearns for the open road again, even so quickly after leaving it. You've done so much for me already and I have little in the way of being able to pay you back, but being able to protect is one way I know best. When do you plan on leaving for this expedition as I would like it very much if I can offer my services should you have use of me."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:13 pm

"Finding one's calling in the protection of others is a noble pursuit... though... while Cleric Coljin is no doubt quite capable, the lands beyond the Vale can be quite challenging. Krentor's cabin should be in the general vicinity of the Meilikki shrine I mentioned, perhaps you could travel north together and look out for each other?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:24 pm

I assume everything, including breakfast and so didn't cost more than 1 gp. He'll have a quiet morning, spending the first part taking a long warm bath to "sober" up. He's trying not to get too close to anyone he was drinking with yesterday. During the day he will see if he can locate a wizard that is able to cast arcane lock and where he could get a reasonable big box to store valuables in and carry with you at the same time.

Who knew tricking people with unknown magic powers could be this lucrative?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:37 pm

"That I will when I see him. Thanks for keeping the message safe and passing on the message for me."

With that Rudolph takes the wine and the letter, give it a quick scan over before returning to the others. He only sips his wine for now and doesn't finish it nursing it for a time. Wishing the others a good evening a little later he retires to his room to hopefully bath and relax by himself for the night.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:40 pm

Maji snorts in amusement when Zephyr says protection someone is what she knows, knowing the amount of trouble she causes to get them in trouble. Maji writes to the father.
► Show Spoiler
After getting answers, Maji retires for the night.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Zephyr returns to her room, eager for the morning to come.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:57 pm

"I imagine it can be arranged for me to lead an expedition back, provided someone is willing to convey my report and the temple's share of my findings back to my home temple." He taps the holo gem. "I figure we can leave this here for safe keeping, as long as a transcript of the findings is sent along eventually. I honestly feel better with it being in a place not beholden to a ruler. Less chance of it being misappropriated."
Randy looks thoughtful. "Given the amount of activity we ran into in the Wild and given the amount of material that will need to be transported, we're talking something closer to a caravan in size. It will need to be well defended as well. If the party is big enough, I think both the bandits and the orcs will steer clear. In terms of transporting the items, the gnomes kept all the objects stored in lead cabinets that only those of gnomish blood could open safely. We'll need at least one gnome to accompany the group. If we could come up with some lead boxes to transport the items in, we may be able to move all of them at once in several wagons. Lead seems to block the interactions of the items. We might be able to use the lead at the site if it came down to it, provided we had some molds to melt the cabinets into a smaller box." (Randy has obviously had a little time to think about this.)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:49 pm

Nemeia sleeps late the next day, then eventually gets up, don's her usual outfit and goes looking for a hair of the dog and some breakfast.

Unless she somehow didn't wake up where she intended to...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Randerwaith: "I'm certain we can send things along to your order. It may take some time to work out the details, but we do have some gnomish Brothers and Sisters, though since you said you'd worked on the translations with Ulmwin, perhaps he'd like to join you? The planning will be more than we can do tonight though, but we can see what lead can be gathered."

Maji: "Identifying a pile of magical items at once would be like trying to read a shelf of books in the library at the same time."

Those of you in the Father's study: "I think we can hold off until the morning, Brother Orodeth can see to arranging identification for you, and perhaps we can discuss things more."

((I'm willing to say that you do that, as we move into more downtime type time scale, but if there is something you want to RP, we can make sure to hit on it.))

Presumably you all turn in, small rooms are available at the Abbey, should you wish them, otherwise you can head back to town and rent a room at the Emerald Chalice.

Holger: Other than a loud shout in the middle of the night from one of the other rooms, you sleep well, and wake in the morning, and take your time getting around... you notice you haven't seen Tess this morning... you eventually make your way next door to Buckleburry's Emporium, and inquire about wizards and lare boxes.

The chipper halfling proprietor greets you, "Ah, certainly I've got boxes that you can buy, how big you needing? As far as wizards... not much call for them in town, and the Abbey folk tend not to end up recruiting too many of the wizard types. Not familiar with that spell, though it sounds handy, you might have to go to one of the bigger cities to find someone who can cast that for you. I've got various mundane locked boxes and chests, good quality locks, if you're worried about folks getting in."

((You gonna slip the dwarf a cut for greasing the wheels of your introduction? :P ))

Rudolph: You reassure the barkeep, have a reasonably quiet night, and head up to the room that has been readied for you.
► Show Spoiler
You wake up in the later morning, feeling a bit wrung out, but recall your brother's letter.

Ulmwin: You sleep well, and wake up ready to face the day... you do notice Tess doesn't seem to be around...

Tess: The early morning sun shining down on you wakes you up next to a tree in a field of grass... you sit up bleary eyed, and try to get your bearings. The shorter western escarpment of the Vale is only a few hundred feet away, and behind you, a few miles away, is the town of Circle Vale. You look around, taking in your bearings, and notice more than one empty liquor bottle. You also notice your "book of poetry" in the grass, and pick it up and dust it off. You feel like you've been dragged behind a cart, but as your hand falls to your waist, your coin purse is fuller than you recall... opening it, you discover you are somehow 25 gold richer than when you decided to go to bed.

You stagger to your feet, weaving a bit unsteadily... you might still be drunk from the night before...

((Tess has 1 point of exhaustion... and no memories of how she ended up drunk in a field a few miles from town.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:37 pm

Nemeia grins at the coin purse, cackles a bit at the unexpected windfall and pats herself over to make sure all the rest of her stuff and clothing is still present and more or less correct.

Assuming nothing is grossly out of order, she'll adjust her disguise and make her walk of shame cheerfully back to the bar to do breakfast and a hair of the dog.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:44 pm

The only stuff that seems to be "missing" is stuff you'd stashed in your room at the inn. Cackling does kind of make your head hurt.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:46 pm

Maji stays in a room in the abbey, he gets up when the sun rises and goes to get his three attuned items checked out, shelling the 200 gp and 1000 sp needed to identify them.