The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:02 am

Ulmwin considers chiming in with the lyrics, but eventually decides against it. He'd always considered the lyrics for this song best done by a woman, and the high pitch of a gnome did not quite compare... He did almost volunteer Tess, but it'd be rude to potentially break the performance when done so well... And hence he waits simply until the bard is done with his current song- Giving a small applause before he can move on to the next one.

"Been a long time since I heard that one... Bit sad for a tavern though, no?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:08 am

Maji wanders around for a bit until his time is up, making sure he hides himself in an ally before anybody sees. He ritual casts speak to animals before shifting to a cat and see what the difference is on how people treat him.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:22 am

Rudolph: You head up to the Abbey... you're certain Randy was headed this way too, but he's no where to be seen. Upon getting there and inquiring about Scribe Kel, you are lead back to a private study where a half elven woman sits with perfect posture, currently reading a book and taking notes on a sheet of parchment. The angularity that her elven ancestry lends her human blood leaves her features looking rather severe, she turns to face you, her auburn hair with touches of gray pulled back into a tight bun, further sharpening her features.

"Good evening, may I help you?"

"Pardon, Scribe Kel, this is m'lord Rudolph of House Beaumont, he'd like a word with you... if you please.", the page says nervously.

She arches an eyebrow and gestures for you to sit as she carefully stows her pen and ink, closing the book and tidying her work area before turning to you.

Ulmwin: The white haired man looks up from his lyre, smiling a bit sadly through his mustache. "I suppose it is. Perhaps something more lively is called for. Feel free to join in if you know it... or pick it up along the way."
((I'm assuming your instrument is visible.))

He sets his lyre aside, pulling a lute from the pack beside him and briefly tuning it before launching into a much more upbeat tune with intricate plucking, and tapping of the lute body.

((Basically think fantasy flamenco...))

The next morning...
Zephyr Incentivized by the possibility of attack, you manage to stay alert and awake the entire night... it is not comfortable, the evenings are still a bit on the cool side, and there are only a few places less comfortable to spend the entire evening than perched a top a boulder. You make it though, and your would be attackers never make an attempt, as your wakefulness hasn't given them an opportunity. The morning dawns cool and clear, the sun from the east warming your face. You see and hear no sign of your nighttime stalkers.

((The last CON save was to avoid falling asleep, lets have another to see how tired you are this morning.))

Maji: People seem to spare even less attention to a stray cat.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:27 am

CON Save: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21

As she climbs down from her perch she feels strangely awake after the nights events, perhaps that sleep she had gotten in that comfortable bed at the abbey had done her some good. Knowing that the rising sun is to the east, she begins making her way in that direction, hoping to find a road or trail that could lead her to where she wants to go, wherever that is.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:34 am

Maji eventually stops wandering around town as a cat, as nobody pays attention. He goes to the woods where he meet the half orc and rests there, watching as animals come by.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:09 am

Zephyr: You head eastward, climbing up over the rocky terrain.

((Survival check please.))

Maji: You head out to where you fought the half orc woman the day before, she eventually strolls up, pulling on her elbow to limber up as she waves.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 am

Maji smiles and waves back at her. He pulls out the goodberries her prepared and the note he wrote. Use one of these when they are knocked out. They heal somebody enough to get them moving. You have to make the person eat them. Once she reads that note he erases it and writes another You can crush them with your hands and feeding it to someone that way. Or you can chewed them up and put it in someone's mouth.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:38 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:54 am

Maji: "Sounds gross... but I'll keep it in mind. You ready to get started?"
((You wanting to play this out entirely via rolls, or want more of a truncated fighting montage?))

Zephyr: You keep heading eastward, it's tough going... You end up above a scree of loose rock that slopes downward towards a ravine. If you want to keep going east, you will either have to navigate your way down it (Athletics or Acrobatics), or head a fair ways north or south to get past it. On the far side is a steep cliff to climb to keep going east, though it looks no where near as challenging as getting out of the Vale was.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:57 am

Montage please! :3

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Ulmwin grins, getting himself up the bar as well as his lute (which was, indeed, visible to the side of the chair)- Soon joining in with the song... And perhaps even outperforming the old master!

Performance: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Zephyr is not the kind of girl to give up because of some loose rubble and carefully picks her away across the precarious rocks to the other side. Athletics: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Ulmwin: He smiles as you rise to the challenge, and between the two of you, you play a rousing back and forth on your lutes that soon has the bar patrons clapping and stomping, some of them rising to dance about.

((The tune would be well suited to Tess showing off her dancing, is she so wished.))

As the song comes to an end, he unfurls his legs and stands, bowing to the room, and accepting a pint in thanks. He turns to you and nods, "It would seem the Chalice and its patrons are in good hands then! I've no intention of taking your spot as house bard, while the rooms are certainly more comfortable here, I've one at the Abbey that will suit my needs. I leave the floor to you then, Master Ulmwin, but feel free to seek me out on the morrow should you wish."

He drains his pint, and with a swirl of his many colored cloak, collects his things and heads out into the night.

Morning
Maji: You shift into bear form as Grelka cracks her knuckles and grins. The two of you clash together, claws and fists flying. You're ready for her grappling style this time, but she still manages to grab hold of you and uses the leverage to pummel you about.

You mange to shrug her off and bite hold of her leg at one point, but she grins as she kicks you right in the snoot, dropping you back to dragonborn form. You quickly take bear form again, pouncing on her and raking her with your claws before she can get up. While it would be enough to eviscerate most others, she takes it in stride, elbowing you in the eye and shoving a fist into your roaring mouth to punch you in the tonsils. You bite down and she chuckles as she pulls you into a headlock and rolls, getting you on your back and punches away, a wild rage in her eyes.

You drop back to dragonborn form, a half orc fist choking your throat. As you hack and wheeze, she brutalizes your face with blow after blow. You mange to toss her off, landing a staggering blow you are certain should drop her... for a moment her eyes go vacant before she surges back and lays into you again, her hard fists knocking you into blackness.

You wake up with the taste of goodberry and blood in your mouth, Grelka is sitting nearby snacking on a berry herself as she catches her breath.

Zephyr: You start down the scree, some of it shifting under you and starting to gain momentum as it begins sweeping you along. Rather than being delicate about it, you pick up your own pace, a mighty leap putting you atop a long shallow outcropping as the rubble spills past below you. You're now at the bottom of the rocky ravine, and have a 20 ft slope on the far side to climb to keep going east, or you could travel up or down the ravine if you so wished.

((Athletics check to climb then another Survival, otherwise just a Survival.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Nemeia takes Holger's hand for a twirl on the bar room floor, but she knows she is vastly outperformed by the dueling bards and keeps herself to the edge of the room so as not to invade their spotlight.

Performance: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Tess's dancing fits in just fine with the utterly average dancing ability of your standard commoner.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Maji gives a soft groan as he picks himself back up. How bad do I look? He goes to munch on some of the goodberries and thinks for a bit with a smirk on his face. How would you feel about trying to find something to fight near town?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:37 pm

"Heh... could be worse... could be better."

You're not alone in having taken hits, she's pretty slashed up too.

"What did you have in mind? Not sure the Abbey folk would look kindly on us punching up their livestock."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Zephyr finds herself distracted by the ravine as it reminds her of many memories from her past. She moves deeper into the ravine wondering where it might lead and she might find within.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Maji snorts in amusement about punching livestock and shrugs. I was hoping to find some wild animals nearby town or something. I barely know the place so I'm not sure.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:06 pm

((Deeper meaning north I assume?))

Maji: She gives you an odd look, "Wild animals steer clear of towns most of the time. So do I for that matter. There's plenty of wild animals to hunt out where I live."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:12 pm

How far away is that? I need to be back in town in a couple days.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:14 pm

"Bout a half day west of here."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:15 pm

"Hah, and here I was hoping for some friendly competition! Well, I have to go visit the place tomorrow anyways, so I might just do that, Mr..?"

The next morning, he's doing just that- First going to see if his items have finished identification yet...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:16 pm

If deeper means north than yes.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Randy puts in an appearance at the door of Kel's study, dressed in his normal green and brown. "Oh, hello Rudy." He turns to Kel. "Kel, did you get a chance to interrogate those prisoners before they were killed? I'm working on my report and I'd like to include what you found out, if that's okay?"