The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:37 am

Important question before I'll let Holger go crazy with carrousing, how many days have passed since he got super tolerant to alcohol and how many dwarves are willing to bet their fortune on their ability to drink a meager human to death?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:39 am

When did it happen, and how long was the duration?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:46 am

20 days from the first day in the ruin
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:51 am

Yeah, you've got a good week left on that then.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:07 am

BadgeAddict wrote:Zephyr gathered her things, including asking for the dwarven chain mail back from Krodorp, telling him that it was her intent to have it identified.
"You want the old chain mail? Sure. It's not dwarven though, not sure what magic it has."
thinkslogically wrote:((Are we? I thought this was a little town with maybe a couple of hundred people living in it.))
M0rtimer wrote:((I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be this settings "big city"... But I might be wrong. :P ))
It's kind of in between... somewhere between a large town and a small city. It served as a handy starting point as it is central to all directions.
thinkslogically wrote:((you could be entirely correct, I was just going off of a relatively small town square and the Abbey being the only major places here (because that's all we've seen). I guess spider can enlighten us when he gets back, but a town with only one pub is a small town in my book :) ))
Well, other than the caverns underneath, that's as far as you guys have explored, other than Zephyr who wandered around the eastern residential area. The Emerald Chalice is certainly the big place in town, and probably the most popular, as it has everything. If you're looking for a bit more of a dive bar, something could be found towards the outskirts, but the Abbey doesn't really abide truly shady establishments.
BadgeAddict wrote:Question to you all. What if we gave the dorf the dwarven ring mail item instead of any part of the cut of gold. If all in favor, I will make this happen, otherwise, I will have tried to get it back from him at some point during our trip back to town.
He's attuned to it at this point, and seemed to recognize what it was.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:21 am

Randy will go ahead and head into town. If Buckleburry's Emporium is open, he briefly stop in to enquire about replacing his lantern (maybe improving on it if there's a headlamp of some sort?) He'll indicate he'll be back for it later. He'll then go on up to the Abbey, see about securing his room again (and a desk in the scriptorium so he can write his report later). He'll send word to Father Ashmamsuit that he's back and will be available to give him a full report shortly. Once he's got his gear settled, he'll avail himself of the Abbey baths and borrow a robe while sending his clothing off to be washed and mended. He'll then check in with Brother Orodreth about the Fey book translation and show him the holo gem from the blight ruins. When Father Ashmamsuit calls for him to deliver a report, he'll go do so.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:38 am

Nemeia will clap Krodop on the back and invite him to the Emerald Chalice with the group. She'll also loudly invite anyone else in the group who wants to come back for an evening of frivolity.

Then, shell take Holger's arm and happily head to the Emerald Chalice for a wash and a change of clothes before the evening starts in earnest.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Zephyr: You head to the Abbey directly, and soon find yourself outside the open gates. It seems you've arrived just around the start of the evening meal.

Randerwaith, Maji and Coljin: You head over to Buckleburry's, and find the energetic halfling perched on a stool behind his counter, supping on a platter of smoked venison and marbled cheese, accompanied by a tankard of ale, presumably from the nearby Emerald Chalice. He has a few patrons, an older human fellow with a long, whispy blond mustache and sleepy eyes, and a half elf who seems to be matching the shopkeeper in joviality and drink.

"Randerwaith my friend! You've returned! And all in once piece, from the looks of it! Tell me, did you figure out what had all the caravan folk so spooked? Here, let me pour you a drink... a small one, I promise." He rustles up a few more mugs and fills them from a pitcher on the side table.

Tess, Holger, Ulmwin, Rudolph and Krodop: Krodop is more than happy to accept the invite to join you at the tavern, and helps secure a table off to one side, flagging down a server.

"Hoy! Let's see... a tankard... two tankards of ale... three shots of your brown stuff... and a flagon of mead. Oh, and some hot meat and bread!," he looks around the table with a grin. "What'll you lot be having then?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:11 pm

"I'll have a nip of that clear spirit I had last time, and a mead. What food are you selling tonight? It's been weeks since we've had anything other than dry trail rations!"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:31 pm

"Goddess, yes-" Ulmwin chips in, only now seeming to come to the realization of just how much he missed all this as the scent of food wafts over him. "Fresh bread, meat, some fruit... Honestly, I almost feel like ordering every item you've got on the menu for the day." Ulmwin suggests, still showing at least some restraint as he waits to be offered just what that might be...

"And I'll probably have just some beer, too. Or what's this clear liquor you're talking about, Tess..? Any good?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:38 pm

"Ah, certainly... that'll be 12 silver for my dwarven friend here. The clear, you're meaning Lailal's reserve? That'll be 5 silver, and for the mead, are you wanting the common or the fine? It'll be 5 silver or 2 gold, depending. We're serving a roast pork with curded cheese for 8 copper, sausage and beets for 6 copper, a pickled duck with bread and cheese for 9 copper, and the special tonight is braised pheasant with carrot and greens, for 2 silver. We've also got bread and cheese plates for 5 copper, I can add some apple and blackberry preserves to that if you'd like, it's a bit early yet for much fresh fruit."

"Oh, I almost forgot, we have a venison and blue cheese as well, that's 10 copper."
*Forgot what the halfling shopkeeper was eating... I may be making myself hungry.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:39 pm

After getting into the Abbey Zephyr makes her way to the dining hall, plops down and digs in

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:45 pm

The young page that Zephyr exposed herself to while sharing a room steps up behind her, "Ah, greetings, Miss... Zephyr was it? While the Father would certainly like to hear of your travels, he's received word of your success, and wished that I convey his thanks and that he welcomes you to eat your fill. Following dinner, he would be most interested in speaking with you and any others of your party. Is there anything I can get you?"

Dinner at the Abbey appears to be some sort of beef with lots of pickled cabbage, carrots, and boiled potatoes.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:54 pm

"Yes, the reserve, and ordinary mead will be fine. I'll have the pheasant and a cheese and bread plate. And the fruit!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Maji licks his chops on seeing the venison, grabbing a plate himself, putting down 5 silver pices for it and the drink. He grins and grabs a mug, sipping at it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:01 pm

((In the shop...))

"Oh... yes, you're welcome to some venison as well... ah... I'm not one to turn down profit, but you might be overpaying, my draconic friend."

His smile brightens as he sweeps the silver... somewhere.

"Tell you what, we'll call it store credit, you've got 4 silver to your name, good at all Buckleburry's Emporium locations!", he winks at Randerwaith and has a chuckle to himself.

"Eat up, you look hungry! If you'd like to join me here for dinner, I can always send over to the Chalice and get something brought over!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:14 pm

Once she's finished scarfing down her food like a pig. Zephyr rises drink the table and goes to find the father, asking a page for his general whereabouts.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Randy chuckles quietly. "I'll join for a quick drink, but then it's off to the Abbey for me. I've not had a chance to report in yet to the Abbot. I mainly wanted to see if you had a replacement for my lantern, or maybe a headlamp? Mine seems to have come into a bit of misfortune. I'll be happy to tell you the tale later, but if I don't give the tale first to my superiors, I fear they'll be rather cross."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:22 pm

Zephyr pigs out, slurps her drink, then wanders off. The halls of the Abbey seem quiet, with no one to ask.

Buckleburry seems a bit disappointed that you won't be staying longer than it takes Maji to finish his dinner for him, but he nods in resignation.

"I should have another hooded around here... Headlamp, you're gonna want to go magic or one of those gnomish ones with the mirrors and such. Regular lantern on your head is just asking for it to get shot and light you right up. How much oil you needing?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Zephyr will head to the library to see if she can find the old monk. (He wasn't at the dinner table was he?)
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:40 pm

((Make a Perception check after the fact to see if your remember seeing him?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:42 pm

"Tell you what. Why don't you pull together what you have and I'll be back in the morning to look them over. I'll especially be interested in the headlamps. I've found it helpful to have both hands free, but I'd still like to be able to see what I'm doing. I do think I'm going to want about 3 bottle of oil again. They can be...useful in other ways." Randy finishes his drink and waves good evening to him and heads to the abbey.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:53 pm

Maji quietly eats his food with Buckleberry, chalkboard ready just in case.

(How does zephyr have 400+ gp?)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:57 pm

because I've yet to spend any. In town, at the caravan we met on the journey east, nil, nada, none.

Oh, and in the beginning of the game, when we were first heading out, when I created my character, I sold off all of the equipment that beginning players get, like their adventuring kits, sleeping bags, etc. Zephyr has none of that stuff. That's why she has more. I got rid of all of the typical fru fru stuff.

Also, and I forgot to mention this, Randy has an extra 70 gp worth of gems, each around 10 gp, 55 gp, 87 sp, 120 cp, which he got from the bandit leader. Given that he has to give away some of his cut, I'm perfectly fine with him keeping it.