The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:04 pm

"Oh, I don't have any magic or gnome headlamps in, but if you're looking, I can see if I can get one in for you... it might be a bit though. I'll have the hooded and oil gathered around for you by morning though."

Zephyr doesn't recall having seem the Father since before they left...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Zephyr makes her way to the library and otherwise generally just keeps wandering around, either to find someone to ask or find the father herself.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Randy nods and wave goodbye. He heads up to the abbey and announces himself to the door wards. "There will likely be a few others showing up. Father Coljin may be coming. I believe Maji the dragon born will along. Zephyr the tiefling should be along if she isn't here already. I believe the others of the party are staying at the Chalice tonight, although it's possible some may come in later. If you could set me up with a room and let Father Ashmamsuit know that I've arrived, I'd appreciate it."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:13 pm

"Ack, had enough cheese for a while..." Ulmwin states, having had quite enough of that in the trail rations- He could leave with it for a while, considering the other options for a while as he eventually makes his order- "I'll have both today's special and the sausage and beets, please... And I suppose I'll take the bread platter on the side, feel free to leave the cheese off for those preserves." A tall order for a little person, and he was probably asking for more than he could swallow, even if he'd swear he could eat a horse right now... Not that he cares much- This little expedition ended him up with more gold than he'd ever properly laid his hands on before, so he could leave some to scrap and expenses without feeling too guilty about it, and it was a time for minor celebration... As was clear with his drinks:

"And I'll take some of the fine mead! Together with some of the Lailal's reserve, curious to see what that's about..."

(Total should be 2 gold, 7 silver, 6 copper)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:27 pm

"A'right, that's the reserve, mead, pheasant and bread and cheese... that'll come to 12 silver and 5 copper. And for you, the special, sausage, and bread platter with preserves, with some fine mead and the reserve... that'll be... 2 gold, 7 silver, and 11 copper."

"I'll get those in and be back with drinks while the rest of you are deciding."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:33 pm

After finishing his meal with Buckleberry, Maji holds up the slate. Thanks for the meal. I must be going. Later I want stronger stuff. Maji waves him bye and goes to the Abbey.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:01 pm

Buckleburry and his patrons wave goodbye.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 am

Zephyr continues wandering about.

Randy makes it back up to the Abbey, where Randy lets them know others might be on their way later.

"Ah, yes. The evening meal is going on if you're hungry, Zephyr... joined us. The room you stayed in previously is still available, and I believe the Father will likely return to his study after the meal, though you're welcome to greet him there if you wish."

You head in on your way to your room to drop off things and whatnot, and see a familiar tiefling wandering about.

Maji comes along behind Randy by a bit, and is similarly notified that there is food to be had, and that the Father would be interested in speaking to them afterwards.

The server returns, his arms laden down with a tray full of drinks, which he places in front of those who had ordered them.

"Food will be up shortly, but anything I can get for the rest of you?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:52 am

Zephyr makes her way back to the dining room and asks one of the pages where she can find the father.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:55 am

Maji unpacks his stuff, glad to have some weight off of his shoulders. He pulls off his leather armour,
glad to be out of it. He seperates the items from what he wants to keep and what items he wants to sell.
When the servant girl comes up he writes: Any good liquor?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:59 am

((Zephyr, when you turn around, Randy is there.))

((Maji, you just doing this in the courtyard? Dining hall?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:01 am

(Dining hall is where they are sitting at so, dining hall.)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:03 am

Maji strides into the dining hall, and surrounded by brothers and sisters of the abbey having dinner, starts disrobing and organizing his gear into piles.

A young girl comes up to him, and reads his sign.

"Sorry Mr. Dragon, we have some table beer if you'd like. There's places in town that have liquor."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:14 am

Maji shrugs and gets some of the table beer, not wanting to get drunk anyways, he has things he needs to do later.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:18 am

Randy nods to Zephyr. "Father Ashmamsuit will probably call for us after the meal. You can use the time to get settled in one of the rooms, clean up, or eat."
He heads to his room, drops off his gear, borrows a clean robe from one brothers, and heads to the baths.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:23 am

Zephyr hangs her head, "fine" she mutters. She goes to the room that she had been provided the last time they were here and sets down her things, as well as removing her heavy chainmail. It seemed strange to have it off of her, but it felt good as well. From her bag she took her one spare set of clothing and headed to the baths for a nice soak, now that her stomach was filled with food. She put her things in the chest that was provided her and left for the baths.

Her "used" set of clothes may as well be burnt, she thought this as she took a long whiff of herself, she figured she could probably buy a new set in town the next day.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:48 am

Maji drinks with the Abbey folk, and Zephyr and Randy get clean. The meal has wrapped up, and everyone starts filing out.

The same young acolyte approaches Maji. "If you and your companions would like to retire to Father Ashmamsuit's study, he'd like to speak with you."

Clean and changed, Randy and Zephyr are similarly invited to the Father's study.

"Ah, yes, come in come in. I know at least one of you has... eaten, but I can send for some leftovers if either of you hasn't eaten yet. I was going to make some tea, if anyone would like some?", the old silver dragonborn rumbles as he welcomes you in and gestures to the various chairs and couches in the sitting area of his study.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:52 am

Zephyr looks uncomfortable being in the private setting, but tries to calm herself down and sit on a couch without fidgeting too much.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:57 am

Zephyr fidgets, the couch creaking slightly as the Father putters about fixing tea.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:03 am

Zephyr tries to wait patiently for the father, but can't stop the well of questions building up in her and just blurts out, somewhat loudly. "Did you find out anything about my parents?"

(Assuming she gets a stern look from Randy) She'll clap her hand over her mouth and mutter "sorry"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:05 am

Ulmwin takes a good first few gulps, before resolving himself to keep the rest at a steady pace, not quite intent on going black out drunk with a heavy purse... Waiting to see what the others are gonna take.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:06 am

"Good evening, Father. The tea and something light sounds good. We've a fair amount to report."

Randy raises an eyebrow, at Zephyr's outburst, but otherwise doesn't comment on it. He looks at the old dragonborn, shrugs and nods his head towards Zephyr.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:10 am

((I think it's just Holger were waiting on...))

I think Nem would have probably got washed and changed into something more showy before dinner, just using a basin in a room if one is available. Then she'd come down and join the others for the meal and drinks...

Once everyone has a drink in hand, she'll propose a toast to their successful defeat of the blight and drain her small shot of spirits.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:22 am

((I'm assuming Rudy is with you too, and I'm gonna say that Coljin is with the others at the Abbey.))

"Ah, yes! Your parents... I've a file somewhere here....", he rummages about, eventually turning up a slim leather folder containing a few sheets of parchment. "That is the summary of what our librarians were able to glean from the local records."

Father Ashmamsuit sends a young page to the kitchens, who returns shortly with a tray of meats, cheese, bread and preserves, with Coljin in tow.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:30 am

Zephyr holds out her hands, shaking excitedly from the answers she hoped would lie within the pages.