The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:34 am

"Well, come get it girl, I'm old and don't move fast.", he says with a sad smile, extending it towards Zephyr.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:47 am

Zephyr stands and crosses the floor to get the papers gently from the hands of the aging dragon born, but once the papers are in her control, she quickly scampers back to her seat and begins reading them.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:08 am

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:24 am

Zephyr looks up in confusion, all that blight killing for this, next to nothing. She re-read the last line a few more times and then looked up at the dragonborn. "Thank you father, this gives me...something at least. Would it be possible to look through the items that were sent to storage?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:36 am

"Ah, yes. I'm sorry it wasn't more... it appears your parents lived quietly while they were here. We have been going through Oldreth's inventory following his death, and while it wasn't known at the time our researchers wrote that, we have since located a crate that has your surname stamped on the side. We had it brought up to the Abbey in anticipation of your return. Oldreth's death at the hands of those Eye and Mouth cultists likely robbed you of some additional answers as well... speaking of the cultists," he turns to look at the others as well.

"It would appear that their superiors didn't want them to talk... a few days after you left, before Scribe Kel arrived and even had a chance to question them, they were found dead, eyes and mouths stitched closed."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:49 am

Randy sits quietly, absorbing the news.
"That's...disturbing. And for several reasons. There are still cultists loose and they've been able to reach prisoners who were under guard in a locked cell. They've either got an inside man, or they've got some serious capabilities. I'm not sure which possibility is worse."
He looks at Father Ashmamsuit. "Our mission was successful, but it didn't shine any light on this. The area of silence in the Wild was caused by a blight infestation, not an abomination summoning cult. They don't appear to be directly related. It does appear that the dark things are more active. We saw increased bandit activity and signs of orcs and other foul beasts. I'm wondering if something bigger is moving in the background."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:58 am

I'm a bit occupied but in interest to keep going here's a quick action

Holger would likely get the pheasant and a nice ale (not the 2 gp one) followed by a clear drink to test his alcohol tolerance. He'll celebrate with the others and if he can start a drinking competition with someone random to pick up his tab for the evening.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Maji frowms that there was no insight to the cultists, he'd like to kill more of the freak lovers.

Maji notes Zephyrs reaction and what the father said, deducing that at least one of them was killed and he writes, They died, didn't they.
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:14 pm

^Zephyr isn't paying attention to you, so unless you show her the board, she won't be able to read it. Just saying.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:51 pm

(He does show zephyr the board, sorry I should have wrote that down)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:16 pm

((Huh, the forum ate my post of this afternoon... :meh: ))

The dragonborn turns to Randerwaith a bit abashedly. "Well, we're not equipped with locked cells as such, though we were keeping them restrained and keeping close watch over them in separate infirmary rooms. After the bodies were found, the brother who was guarding them was found in the kitchen, quite confused as to why he'd eaten a whole ham. Mind altering magics are certainly in play, though I can't believe anyone in the Abbey would be a member of such a cult.

Blights you say? And bandits, and orcs... I'm glad you made it through and back, I'm thinking it was a larger request than I realized. There does seem to be a lot of unusual activity... it certainly bears watching. Will you be writing up a detailed report for your order? I'd certainly appreciate it if we were able to get a copy for our records."

Holger orders his meal, and from what he can tell, the alcohol here has as much effect as that he consumed while in the ruins... which is to say, nothing.

((I'll take either an Insight or Perception check from you, please!))

Food is brought shortly, and a bottle of wine for Rudolph, and it is all hot, delicious and filling. The best thing you've tasted in nearly a month of trail rations.

((I'm not sure how detailed you guys are interested in RPing your carousing, so I'll follow your lead. It can be anything from describing each sip of booze to rolling a die and telling you if you wake up with any regrets (or windfalls).))

Maji gets Zephyr's attention, and shows her the board he's written on.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Maji sniffs at the wine when it's opened but tries to ignore it. He eats all the meat he can from his plate, he saves the leftovers by wraping them up in cloth and he saves the bones, absentmindingly chewing on one. He writes to the father in draconic.
► Show Spoiler
(What type of mest is it?)

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:03 pm

Randy nods and chuckles ruefully. "Does a fish swim? I've already reserved a desk in the scriptorium. I expect I'll be a few days working on my report and then I'll send it along with the temple's share of treasure. I'm not sure which one they'll be more interested in. I'll give my report to one of the apprentices in the scriptorium to copy as I finish it. They'll get some practice in, and I'll double check their work for accuracy and penmanship. I suspect it will make for more interesting reading than some of the texts they normally are copying."
Randy looks thoughtful. "That reminds me, did Brother Orodreth finish the Fey book yet? I've got another project for him if he has." He pulls out the holo gem from the blight ruins, sets it down on the table and activates it. "It's in a gnomish dialect that none of us are familiar with. Ulmwin and I worked on it together, and I think it may be a set of plans for building a type of golem, but we've not been able to decipher much."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:40 am

I'm fine with just glancing over the carrousing. He will mostly just enjoy the company, get someone to pay his tap (or whatever people are willing to bet) by drinking competition and perhaps try to convince someone for a bit of company. :shifty:

Holger insight: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
Holger persuation: 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11

Holger knows everything! Maybe I should have used tide of chaos on the persuation roll
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:58 am

Also just fine skipping through most of it- Ulmwin will enjoy his drinks, probably stick with just regular mead as the night continues (How big is one tankard? It'd probably be another ten silver for the additional drinks..? Depends on how drunk he gets, as he's not planning on getting too drunk. :P) As for the overly big meal he ordered for himself...

constitution: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6

He probably leaves quite a bit of it on the plate, even as he gorges himself as much as he really could... He spends some of the later bit of the evening playing some music, before eventually coming to a point.

"So... Don't know bout you guys, but I'mma see if they got a room spare for me here- Not... That keen yet on having the abbey interview me in trade for a bed." he says, intent on shoving that responsibility- As well as a couple others- Off to tomorrow.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:04 am

Yup, happy to skim it while the other group do their thing :) there will be singing and dancing and a bit of storytelling and maybe gambling and then Nem will sleep till late!

Let me know what rolls you'd like.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:33 am

OOC: OK think I've absorbed most of what I've missed.

For the last few days Rudolph has been asking those in the party who are more religiously/magically inclined (so nearly all) about there faiths and magical abilities as the dark sword thing he did underground bothered him more than it should. Having taken on all the different views and his own upbringing he's nearly come to a conclusion on what he's going through. He just needed to ask a few more people before his final decision. However there was no rush tonight. A few drinks back at the chalice and getting a bath run once again to take off the edge from the storm a few days ago should sort him out for now.

The one thing he does do is check to see if any messages have been left for him.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Maji: Ignoring the wine is easy, as there is only tea provided to drink. It's a communal platter for folks to eat from, but you focus on the various sliced cuts of meat (no bones... it's a bread, cheese and meat platter... assorted bits (not sure if you're getting confused with some tavern stuff though).).

He responds in Common, "Items to be identified? I did notice you've a new mask on... you found magical items while fighting the blights then? I can certainly have someone work on identifying anything you wish, if you're willing to leave it here for someone to take a look at. There is a customary donation of a hundred gold to identify objects, though if you're short on coin, something could probably be arranged."

Randerwaith: "Ah, excellent, I look forward to reading it... If I might suggest, young Jareth could use the practice. He has a fine hand, but is a bit lacking in focus and attention to detail. He's smitten by stories of adventure, and might take a bit of instruction from you more to heart than that of some dottering old folks."

"Oh, you know Orodreth... he won't be happy until he's fluent in Sylvan. He's certainly aware that there are magical means, but takes great pride in not having to rely on them for translation. I'd wager he's pretty much done, but isn't willing verify it finished just yet, he might be drawing it out to keep the challenge alive....OH! Now this... this might get him excited about a new project!"

"Gnomish, you say? A golem...", he looks up sharply from studying item. "Where did you say you found it?"

((I might be wrong, but I don't think you guys have told anyone that you explored ancient ruins and brought back a treasure haul yet...))

Coljin: You inquire whether the Father knew of any progress that Brother Estin had made in researching the Cult of Malar, or if there are any nearby temples or shrines to Mielikki.

"I do believe he has, though I regrettably didn't have the... time... for him to fill me in on all of it. He's likely retired for the evening, though he does tend to rise with the sun. I'm sure he'd be delighted to speak with you on the morn. I do believe there was a small fane to your goddess a ways north of Circle Vale, though I don't know the exact location... it has likely not been tended to, not many folks live out that way, but Estin may know more precisely of its location.

Holger: You spot some likely blokes having a lively time of it and approach them, looking to set up a bit of a drinking competition. They moderately politely inform you that they're just looking to have a good evening on their own, and aren't looking for your company. Krodop, having experienced your drinking prowess before approaches you and the group, challenging you to a chugging competition. He slaps a couple silver on the table, and has two mugs of ale brought. On the word go, you both start downing your ale, foam matting the dwarf's beard. You suspect he's holding back, as you raise your upside down mug over your head a moment before he does, only a few drops splashing onto both of you.

It's certainly gotten the attention of the table, and it seems a few of them were sure the dwarf would win. Krodop rises with a belch, slides the copper to you and grumbles as he turns away, giving you a wink. About a third of the table congratulate you, the others grumble that they could do better, and you soon find yourself challenged to a series of drinking competitions, with escalating coinage, and escalating alcohol content.

((I'll take one each of up to 3 skills that you feel would be relevant for succeeding at this... since you don't have to make any CON saves. Any that are out there, give me a justification.))

Ulmwin: The eyes and mind are willing, but the body is stuffed like a grouse. You'd become perhaps a bit too accustomed to limited rations. Eventually you resort to grazing on the choicest bits, resting your lute on your full belly.

((You're welcome to make a Performance or other checks if you like to flesh out your evening more, or forgo it.))

((Tess can likewise give me whatever checks seem relevant, and provide a bit of context if needed.))

Rudolph: You inquire of the server about any messages, and they run to get Tom, the barkeep that some of the party rescued from the rats in the basement.

"Ah, greetings milord, you indeed do have a message, from your brother Teek. Let me run and fetch it from the safe."

He returns with the parchment, folded and sealed with wax, a bottle in his other hand. "Here you go, brought up a bottle of that red you'd liked when you were staying with us before... I've got on of the girls getting a room set up for you? Ah..", his face takes on a puzzled look, "...your brother, milord... he asked about lemons, and when I told him we hadn't gotten any yet this season, he seemed disappointed, but gave me a gold to make sure I said what he said. He told me, 'You tell my brother Rudolph that you are very sorry that you do not have any lemons, and I shall give you this gold.' You'll tell him I told you like I promised?"
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Must I donate per item? Or can I do it as a set? Can I be there to watch them identify the item?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:15 pm

His eyes widen, "How many magical items did you find?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Maji looks up slightly thinking, wondering if he should 'say' and how many they actually got. He remembers a couple saying they didn't want the city to know about the ruins. He looks at Randy and mouths 'sorry'
► Show Spoiler
Maji frowns, he doesn't know if he told the others about what happened after burning the abomination, and how it affected his mind, even briefly. He shudders to think of what the summoned abominations might have done to his allies.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:39 pm

In Common, "Hmm, that would certainly not be good. We can keep an eye on it... So just where was this blight infestation that you turned up 'quite a bit' of magical items, including gnomish golem instructions? I was going to wait for your written report, but my curiosity is piqued."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Nemeia spends some time putting on a passable performance, while mostly trying to persuade likely customers to buy her drinks for the evening and pick up her tab.

Performance; Insight; Persuasion: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15
1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:06 pm

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:16 pm

Tess: You're a bit too joyfully tipsy to dance with your normal elegance, but while money for drinks isn't really an issue for you currently, you enjoy the the sport of getting various folks who seem interested to buy you drinks for the joy of your company.

((If you feel Tess would be indulging in drink enough for a CON save to be warranted, go ahead and give me one. If she's really cutting loose, 2 might be appropriate.))

In Common, "GNOMISH ruins?! You're quite certain? What sort of ruins were these? Old? How old? Fascinating!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler