The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:50 am

"Yes, Randy, it does!" Coljin states happily. "It would need to be used when there are lots of enemies around and you just wanna hit their home ground and run." After thinking a bit, he adds, "It might take a long time to find a time when it could really be useful, but it sounds powerful if the right circumstances show up. It could cause a great diversion when needed."
"And the snake ring....that is JUST so, well, FUN."

He heads over to Ulmwin and gives him a friendly pat on the shoulder, "Thanks for taking the time for identifying those two items. You made my day."

Then he asks the party, "So, are we heading to the eastern cities, looking for that bandit hideout, or playing with goblins?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:59 am

Zephyr raises her eyebrow and suggests to the little man "Couldn't you just activate it with your floating magical hand?"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:17 pm

"That would not be my spell Zephyr, but yeah, you are right, maybe our mages here could do it that way."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:22 pm

((It does need to be planted firmly in the ground, if it is soft enough, a mage hand could do it, though it would have to be held and activated first, then handed off.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:32 pm

Ah, so you activate it and then put it in the ground, and once its placed on the ground, the storm begins. So, you didn't make it sound like the lightning rod is ever used up, based on your description. you just said...it does it each round...is this a reusable item, based on the description?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:35 pm

((Single use, lasts a minute. Snake thing is single use too.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:54 am

Randy shrugs.
"As to the subject of where to go, I say go on East. While I'm vaguely curious about the goblinoids being displaced, there's not much other profit as far as I can see. The bandits might be more so, but we'd have to back track some and the trail is old. I've never been as far as the Eastern cities, so I'm curious. And where's there's people, there's usually a profit to be had."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:03 pm

The seven of you board the wagon or walk ahead or along side the wagon, as is your habit, as your party winds its way back down to the caravan road, the goodbyes and well wishes of the Abbey expedition ringing in your ears. Where do you direct the mules?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Maj ihas a suggestion The wild boar attacks seem off from nature. Something is not right or something spooked them.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Nem keeps the mules on the road, pointing east. Ideally also away from any obvious berry bushes that might distract Bramble.

As for where the whole party should go... She's open to options if folk want to check stuff out en route, but she's a bit protective of the new wagon and doesn't want to see it set on fire or stolen so soon.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:03 pm

The city at the direct end of the main caravan route is Esmont, one of the largest, due in some part to the trade route. There are side routes that head to Torfelna and Krovesh, to the north and south of Esmont respectively. Between where you are and the Eastern cities are the Blasted Wastes that give way to desert before eventually arriving at the Eastern Cities.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:05 pm

(is estmont one of the Eastern cities?)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:12 pm

((Yes, at the eastern terminus of the caravan route. I'll try to get a map up tomorrow. Basically those would be the 3 cities you have options of initially, there are more both north and south, but most caravan go to Estmont first. Heading to one of the others would be if that is your destination, you have the food and water to make it, and want to shave a few days off your trip.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:21 am

((Estmont sounds good to me))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:50 am

You set the mules heading east as your wagon rattles along. The grass is growing sparser and sparser, scrub and brush starting to dominate the landscape as you also rise in elevation. From the information you have, the outskirts of the Blasted Wastes are less than a week to the east.

((What did you guys think of the skill challenge before? Is that a more interesting way to montage travel than just having you make Survival/Perception rolls? Better than having you roll for random encounters? I'm open to suggestions, or we can do some hybrid of it all...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:40 pm

I think I'd prefer a combo of the two, it would make it easier on you, than you doing it all by random encounters. But, the Centaur random encounter was amazing. I'm sure Maji would be sad had that been all skill challenged instead.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:21 pm

((Hybrid sounds good. Could lead to interesting/comical results. No more acid trips for Randy, though. That was starting to feel a little too much like residency. :P ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:37 pm

((All right, if someone wants to get us started, you can give me some sort of check you'd like to make to overcome an obstacle, or just help things go more smoothly, and then also give me a d12 roll.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:41 pm

Randy finds more of the "berries" that gave him such a bad time. He intently studies them to determine what they are and whether or not they are useful for anything.

nature: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Maji looks interested in the berries that Randy has obtained once more. He watches Randy closely to see if he eats any more. Now that a few days has passed from his trip, Maji asks him something What did you see after eatting the berries?

Not sure if it needs a persuasion check or not. Persuasion: 1D20 = [3] = 3

Now they are heading further east Maji meditates on his yew branch more often. (Not sure how many checks you want for yew branch so I will just post one for now)
Nature: 1D20-1 = [12]-1 = 11

_: 1D12 = [11] = 11

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:12 am

Randy's face turns white. He swallows twice, clears his throat. "Lovely weather don't you think. I wonder if it could rain later. Oh, look! An obvious distraction!" There's not a cloud in the sky to be seen. Faintly over the landscape is heard the word "Ut!".

(( :chuckle: Told ya what he'd do.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:22 am

Randy: You find more of the berries, and are dismayed to realize you missed the tell tale spotted markings of Jester's Thorn berries... though rarely lethal by themselves, they produce a potent toxin that... well... results in what happened to you. Rampant hallucinations and erratic behavior, followed by a collapse and miserable few days. Had you eaten a second or third handful though...

Now that you are familiar with what the shrub they grow on looks like, you won't make the same mistake again. Once picked, the berries lose their potency within a short while, but if you had the right equipment and ingredients, the toxin could be stabilized in a liquid dose...

[Successes: 1]
[Failures: 0]
[Skills: Nature]

Maji: At camp, you move away from the others to mediate on your yew branch. Your focus begins to narrow, when you feel a sudden sharp pain in your rump! ((Make a CON save please!))

[Successes: 1]
[Failures: 1]
[Skills: Nature (S), Nature again (F)]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:29 am

Maji is startled and looks around to see what bit him.
Con: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12

(ah it was supposed to be for the whole finding the yew tree thing, I dodn't know it'd be for the checks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:36 am

You take 1 damage, and come back to consciousness to see something tiny and dark scurry into a burrow. You gasp as you body manages to fight off whatever was pulsing through you. Another sharp pain, from the other side this time, as something else retreats into another burrow ((another CON save please!)). Looking around, you are surrounded by small tunnel entrances, and can see the glint of eyes within...

((This isn't necessarily intended to be combat, someone else can make a skill check to help Maji get out of his current predicament!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:06 am