The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 pm

A pitiful crit, but at least it was the killing blow!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:55 pm

Congrats!

Thinks: Not sure if it was relevant, but I'll toss in a reminder that while I have my shield equipped, any attacks I can see directed against allies next to me are made at a disadvantage.

And thanks for the concentration correction.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Cool, I'll try and remember but if you guys can all remind me of that if it's relevant that'd be awesome.

Kal can do that as a reaction, right?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:17 pm

Yeah, it's the Protection Fighting Style that Zephyr has that I keep forgetting about.

It's a bit tricky for forum games, as ideally the character with it declared that they are using their reaction to do it when you say who is attacking who, rather than having to do it after the fact.

Assuming it's always used might work, but also prevents use of other reactions (holding an action, opportunity attacks, etc.).
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 am

Thanks for the information on casting. I read the basic rules and wasn't a 100% and did a google search which put me back around 70%. I will need to re-read this later tonight again and ask any follow up questions.

Also I have to say that I am pretty surprised by how well this fight has went so far...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:55 am

Rodgeir wrote:
Also I have to say that I am pretty surprised by how well this fight has went so far...
WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?! Now someone is definitely gonna die.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:22 am

:lol: , probably the bit sized halfing!

I also see that Varsk is moonlighting as a gladiator... :D
thinkslogically wrote:Assuming nothing appears before his turn, Varsk takes the dodge action and otherwise stays put. He ignores the crowd, instead focusing on the arena and the impending battle.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:25 am

...oops!! Haha! I've got too many player names in my head apparently :D

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:46 am

By the way, as far as who saw Syli turn into a cat goes, I'm happy for you guys to decide individually whether you'd have seen it or not. Syli was standing in a place she could be seen by everyone and turned into a cat in full view. As far as I'm concerned everyone could have seen it happen, but maybe some didn't because of being focused on other things. So, like I say - it's up to you :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:23 am

Gwen did see her turn into kitty. She got a pretty decent per check. She was behind syli when she changed, unobstructed by anything.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:49 pm

I kind of like Kal being oblivious this time. I don't know why. Maybe just the amusement factor.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:39 pm

I'm starting to wonder if the dice hate cats. Every time Syli morphs into a feline, it seems the RNG swings against her, and HARD.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:44 pm

I believe Schrodinger noted that cats and RNGs don't mix well.

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:55 pm

No, no, Schrodinger's theory clearly showed that cats are the perfect conduit for luck, good or bad.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:31 pm

So, how dangerous is an Owlbear, really? We're a bit weakened, but the one time I played D&D in person a team of four level one adventurers beat an owlbear with no problems. Though maybe there's more than one? So, what do we wanna do? Do we want to run for it?
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:34 pm

IC, all you really know is that the thing coming bothered the giant lizards and some of you know it sounds like a mix of two animals :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:42 pm

Sure, but if Syli cared about translating for us we'd know that they were fighting 'featherbears.' Doesn't take much of a guess at what that is.

Well, that said, Mehr hasn't even heard it coming, so to him everyone's just going crazy.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:12 pm

True. I think last time I asked, that was a deliberate choice on her part. I should probably use spoilers more :)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Kal did say out loud that he heard it coming, even if he doesn't know what it is.

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Dlover wrote: the one time I played D&D in person a team of four level one adventurers beat an owlbear with no problems.
If we are talking 5e, you're party was punching well above their weight. Unless you manage to use good tactics, an owlbear stands a decent shot to one-hit a 1st level character. IF that is what we are facing, we can 'probably' manage one, but two means a good chance someone doesn't make it out alive.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Might have been a weakened owlbear or something, then, didn't get details on exactly what it was. So yeah, running time.
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:14 pm

IC, what we know is that whatever it is took on four lizards, each significantly larger than us, wounded them badly, and sent them running.

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:02 pm

I'm just a little guy, I've been trying to run for a while now!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:39 pm

WearsHats wrote:IC, what we know is that whatever it is took on four lizards, each significantly larger than us, wounded them badly, and sent them running.
Took on at least four lizards. We don't know how many didn't make it back. Varsk also really wants to get away and would have bolted with Korrik had he seen him go.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:06 am

We also don't know how many owlbears fought the lizards and how many decided to pursue. If the lizards were going into owlbear territory, then a good portion may have stayed in their own territory once the lizards were repelled. That's not to say we should stay, though.
My game:

My characters: