The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:32 pm

"Either way sittin' here is probably a bad idea. They are most likely comin' this way in force now as the lack of an 'all clear' horn blow means they know we won."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:25 pm

"We wait for Syli. At least for a little while. She was planning to flank the encampment here."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:44 am

Glancing around the pond/swampy area below full of crocodiles eating bodies Varsk mutters,

"Seems like a good place for a cat to get eaten."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:28 am

"We would have heard it go for her, and the lizards have been keeping them busy."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:34 am

"Why don't we just have Gwen do the all clear then? I can't find a horn up here to do the two short and the a long blow needed.. that way also smells right."

Merric will point at the way the last archer went.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:05 am

"And why do you say that is the required signal?"
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:18 am

"Well clearly it is. No one blows a horn like that if they are in trouble. Besides it screams peace compared to whatever she played before."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:19 am

"That makes sense, which is odd considerin' the source. They will probably still send someone to see what happened but they won't send everyone. That is unless we blow the horn wron' and tell'm to come and get us."

Glancing at Gwen,

"And probably no more music and thunder is for the best."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:06 am

"I don't trust it. You're oddly specific despite having no reason to know anything about it."
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:42 am

"Well clearly you've never studied horn. Two small blasts means trou ble while the long one is nomore. That's basic horn for everybody!"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:52 am

"You're a fool and a madman. The lizards shun anything to do with other races, and standard horn messages don't exist. Each force would use individual signals to keep enemies from intercepting the messages."
My game:

My characters:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:07 am

I resent that comment! I've not been mean to you! Besides If they are so secluded then they won't know it's the standard and not to use it. Even if they can't even figure out to do the standard horn blowing, the worst that will happen is their army goes here and we will be gone. But they are already doing that.

Nice guy that knows I'm not a madman or a fool, you should cut all the bridges leading to this tree."

Merric will move next to the dead leader, poke his open throat, stare a bit on his now bloody finger.

"Do these scaled ones live in the domain of the true god? That's water for the heathen."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:02 am

((Pretty sure the leader's body is laying in the swamp waiting to be munched on))

Honestly I doubt they won't send a big group after the sound display we put on but anythin' to confuse them is probably worth tryin'. Anyway someone can magic up a noise to stay here after we move on?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:25 am

((Remember that you can, if you want, stop using the bridge network entirely and travel on the ground. The ground harder to walk through (difficult terrain, so you'd be sacrificing a lot of speed), and has alligators and stuff, but would give you more opportunities for stealth if you prefer that approach))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:42 pm

(It might help, since they're clearly watching the vine paths, but we should probably move away from these gators first. It's a very good idea, actually, since we don't know where the reinforcements will come from.)
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:49 am

((I'll take perception checks from you all please))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:52 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:11 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:28 am

My game:

My characters:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:39 am

Syli scampers up the tree, bow safely in mouth.

Perception (+5): 18

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:31 am

((I'll take an athletics check for the climb then please :) ))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:45 am

Athletics (-4): 4

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:53 am

Syli makes a valiant effort to climb the tree with what is basically a large stick in her mouth, but it's incredibly awkward and keeps getting stuck in the branches and pulling her off balance. She makes no progress at all.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:27 am

((I don't recall, so haven't done anything to avoid meta knowledge, but to clarify, do we all know that the cat and Syli are the same? I think some may or may not have noticed, but not sure she's made it clear?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:31 am

Seems there's some kind of halfling blindness going on in the tree apparently which we shrugged off equally well O,o

Merric perception: 1D20+1 = [1]+1 = 2
Halfling reroll: 1D20+1 = [15]+1 = 16
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked