The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:20 pm

Oh, I thought Syli's spell happened on the round where we readied a bunch of actions. Never mind, that's my mistake.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:21 pm

((No worries, that got really confusing really fast!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:25 pm

((If the initiative order at the end of the last page was indicating I was up, I posted a few above that in case it was missed. If not, no worries!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Korrik's hits the lizard with his first dart, then takes it down with the second! Its corpse skids to a halt at Kal's feet while the three further back snort and grunt.

--------------------------------

Kal: Perception: 1D20+1 = [19]+1 = 20
Varsk: Perception: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
► Show Spoiler
---------------------------------

((Got Korrik's actions right here! I was just rolling the last couple of perceptions))

---------------------------------

Korrik
Gwen <--
Varsk
Mehriv
Syli
Kal
Lizards

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:47 pm

"Whatever they were running from, I can hear it coming. Syli, do you think you could convince them to leave now? ... Syli?"
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:53 pm

((Gwen in particular may be pleased to see the return of the little ginger cat :)))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Gwen's action, she'll step in front of the squishies (move) and pulls out a dagger (free) before she moves the hex onto the right most lizard that is conscious (bonus) and eldrich blasts them!

eldrich blast and hex: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
1D10 = [9] = 9
1D6 = [2] = 2
thinkslogically wrote:((Gwen in particular may be pleased to see the return of the little ginger cat :)))
(Yep! And might saw that Syli turned to kitty! Becasue she did it right in front of their eyes.)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:38 pm

Varsk will glance at Gwen shoving to the front of the line before targeting the right most lizard in the path if it is still alive or the one remaining lizard on the path.

The shot: 1d20+3 = 20 (no need for blessing roll I am guessing)
The damage: D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7

I presume that Varsk can see the new one from the pool by now.

"I thought the idea was to get out of here. Who knows how many more of these lizards there are."

Varsk will move back towards the river again.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:39 pm

((I just find it funny that Kal apparently heard the other thing [whatever it is, probably owlbear] coming, but completely failed to notice Syli exploding into a cat. Or the possibility that, thanks to everyone's terrible perception, no one actually made out that Syli had changed form, apart from maybe Gwen.))

((Although perhaps better still is that Syli's Speak with Animals is still up, so she could, theoretically, still talk to the lizards or whatever shows up. We might get treated to the spectacle of a fluffy ginger cat meowing admonishments at these lizards... or maybe not, because Syli would rather not get eaten))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:01 am

(He was watching the lizard. Syli was standing next to him. Then there was an explosion. Somewhere in there, he heard a distant sound. His mother always trained him to be aware of what dangerous animals and monsters might be in the surrounding area, perhaps also attracted to your own prey. But, in all the fast-paced action - monsters, explosion, approaching owlbear - he was looking the wrong way when Syli disappeared. Unless, of course, I have the turn order wrong and Syli transformed while Kal was still moving towards her. Except that he never should have left her side in the first place. So... Whatever. He heard the owlbear. He's got sharp ears. But he missed seeing the shape-shifting because he was looking at the giant lizard at the time. Laugh if you want. Kal just might if you explain it to him. But it makes sense to me.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:09 am

Nioca wrote:We might get treated to the spectacle of a fluffy ginger cat meowing admonishments at these lizards.
((Small cats are the terror of all other life. :p))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:57 am

((I pretty much just assumed that the explosion was sufficiently violent that all the crap flying through the air obscured Syli changing into a cat. Besides Varsk is pretty focused on shooting lizards. Turns out he is an archer rather than a two handed fight :P.

I am guessing that after Gwen and Varsk's turns there will probably only be max two lizards left on the field, possibly only one. By the end of the round it will almost certainly just be the one that came out of the pool.))

Varsk having just processed what Kal just said ((mostly due to me having just seen Wears' comment on the sound)) mutters a long series of increasingly profane curses in orcish before taking a breath and saying through gritted teeth,

"More reason to keep moving back to open ground so it can't just come out again like the lizards did. How far away is it and how fast is it moving?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:40 am

Gwen hurries towards the lizards, switches her hex to the one on the right and murders it with a blast of her magic!

Varsk let's fly with a crossbow bolt and kills the other with a shot that pierces deep into its neck. He continues to argue for a retreat and moves back to his starting position, about 40 feet from the edge of the clearing.

Mehriv is up next, then Syli.

-------------

Over the sounds of the battle and grunting lizards, Syli, Kal and Varsk hear a strange call from the south, that sounds like "Arooowwwwgggrrrrrrr". Those closest to the clearing see the remaining lizard turn its head in the direction of the sound and taste the air.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:10 am

thinkslogically wrote:Mehriv is up next, then Kal.
*cough*

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:13 am

:shifty:

What? I totally didn't check the list twice and STILL skip Syli for the second time in a row. That would just be embarrassing!

((Very sorry, I don't know why I keep skipping Syli's name...))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:38 am

Varsk was using the crossbow and didn't move forwards, if it makes any difference.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:04 am

Rodgeir wrote:Varsk was using the crossbow and didn't move forwards, if it makes any difference.
Ok, sure thing. I'll edit the action - if you can put that in your post next time that'd be awesome :)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 am

On her action, Syli will dart up into the treetops, putting herself out of reach of whatever might be coming (she hopes).

((Early post, because I'm not going to be able to until later tonight))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:37 am

thinkslogically wrote: Ok, sure thing. I'll edit the action - if you can put that in your post next time that'd be awesome :)
I totally did...in my head :oops: . I will be better, your job is hard enough without having to guess what I mean!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:39 am

((lol! No worries at all :D though as you can see from my recent inability to keep Syli on the turn order, every little helps :lol:))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:23 pm

((Having heard it twice, do I have any sense of distance and speed?

Also, do I have any idea what it is? ... Nope. Never mind. No idea. Too much going on to determine what creature makes that distant cry. ))

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 pm

It sounds kind of like a big wolf maybe? ...maybe not.

The second call is definitely louder than the first, but you can't really place it. It doesn't sound very far away though.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:44 pm

The heck with it, I'll make a nature check against it too:

Nature (+3): Hahaha-No. (Crit-Fail)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:48 pm

It's definitely some kind of large possum. Youre not sure what a possum is exactly, but someone once told you that's exactly what they sound like.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:57 pm

Since Mehr doesn't catch on to the change in situation, another Ray of Frost.

Crit miss.
My game:

My characters: