The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:30 am

The leader and shortsword guys have half cover from Varsk and the tree, the archers have 3/4 cover from you (and you have half cover from them). If you moved further away (onwards along a different bridge) you'd be able to get the archers to half cover at least.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:32 am

((Do I still have movement left from my movement and dash? If so, does moving to either side get me a better shot at either the leader or the guy who just got mauled?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:38 am

I don't think so - You had 60 feet of bridge left to cover plus an extra 5 feet to move through Kal. Youre now behind Varsk, who's got a melee enemy on his far side so you'd need 25 feet more to move through them all (assuming my quick maths is right).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:02 am

I flick a pair of darts at the leader of the lizardfolk.

Pair of darts at leader: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22
1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8

((Assuming the first hits...))

Dart damage: 1D4+4 = [1]+4 = 5

I make sure I have cover from Big Guy as much as I can.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:16 am

Korrik's first dart strikes the lizard's leader hard in the trunk, doing a decent chunk of damage on top of the scratches he already had from the earlier attacks.

--------------

Turn order:

Merric
Varsk
Lizardfolk
Korrik
Gwen
Mehriv
Kal
Syli

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:09 am

I think I can do this without casting minor illusion again: The horn blasts stop repeating long and short blasts but now start to play 'Mary had a little lamb' maybe that would mess thier communications up. If I had to cast it again, don't bother.

Gwen shoots at the leader as she starts crossing the bridge. (I doubt she's close enough for a hex just yet)
Eldrich blast : 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20
1D10 = [6] = 6

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:19 am

Mehr keeps crossing, and should he come into range he'll fire a Ray of Frost at one of the archers. If he can reach one of them while still far enough out that they only have half cover that would be good.

To-hit = 22, Damage = 4
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:11 am

Merric will shoot as well and follow gwen across the bridge

And I can't roll currently

Merric eldritch blast: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24
1D10 = [8] = 8
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:37 pm

Kal dashes across the bridge to the front lines. I assume that's all he can do this turn.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:06 pm

If Varsk's turn comes up while I'm unconscious:

Varsk will maintain his balance with an expertise and grace not normally seen from a balding, slightly overweight half-orc while slamming his maul into the boss lizard (if available without opening an opportunity attack) or the machete lizard. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to hit anything vital.

(Not sure if I need a dex check everytime but here it is in case)

Dex: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21
Attack: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21
Damage: 2D6+2 = [1, 2]+2 = 5

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:49 am

Syli continues her dash for the tree.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:54 am

((is Syli stealthing or sprinting?))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:39 pm

She's going to keep moving stealthily.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:07 am

((Er, are we waiting on me here? I was under the impression that another stealth roll wouldn't be necessary [I don't have the rulebook on me, but iirc, there's only one roll against their passive unless they're actively looking for you], but if another one is needed: 15))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:21 pm

((no we weren't, I've just had a super busy week this week and haven't had a chance to get you guys an update. I'll probably get one out on Saturday, but probably not before then.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Gwen slightly alters the sound of the horns to start playing a happy little nursery rhyme over and over, punctuating the tune with a bolt of eldritch energy that blasts into the leader of the lizardfolk.

Mehriv continues across the bridge, pausing to shoot a ray of frost at the injured archer, killing him. The body slumps from the tree and lands with a wet crunch on the ground below. The alligator near Syli lunges forward with a flick of its powerful tail.

Kaldashes forwards and takes his place behind Korrik (and Varsk) at the far side of the bridge. It's getting a little crowded over here...

Syli keeps one eye on the alligator and focuses on moving stealthily across the river. She makes it about halfway across and manages to keep her paws dry.

Merric follows, firing another eldritch blast at the leader (since no target was specified). He's looking pretty badly hurt now, which only gets worse when Varsk batters at him with his maul ((since you're using a two-handed weapon, I'll keep taking the DEX checks)).

The lizardfolk leader growls angrily and barks an order at the lizardfolk with the sword, before drawing his belt knife and swiping ineffectively at Varsk.

ATT: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
► Show Spoiler
The archer and the other lizard make a dash for the rope bridges, each taking a different bridge deeper into the forest.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn order:

Merric
Varsk
Lizardfolk
Korrik
Gwen
Mehriv
Kal
Syli

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:59 pm

I scoot past Varsk and dip past the leader, popping up behind him to whirl my quarterstaff at the back of his head. ((Halfling Nimbleness lets me move through his space.))

Quarterstaff: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23
Quarterstaff: Damage: 1D4+4 = [3]+4 = 7

Letting the swing carry me around, I whip a kick at the outside of his knee.

Unarmed: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20
Unarmed: 1D4+4 = [4]+4 = 8

(If he's still standing, otherwise I should have 10 ft of movement if there is anyone else I can get a swipe at. I'd be looking to knock him out rather than kill should either of my attacks drop him to 0HP.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Korrik deftly ducks past the leader, knocking him off-balance with a swift kick to the knee and knocking him unconscious with a a swift crack of his staff to the back of his skull. The lizardman goes limp and begins to topple out of the tree...

Varsk or Korrik can make a DEX check to pull him back to the safety of the branch.

((The other lizardfolk have dashed along the other bridges, and are each about 60 feet away from you)).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:11 pm

I snag the lizard leader, and with him secured, move my remaining 10 ft towards one of the lizards (mostly to avoid congestion behind me).

Get back here: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Korrik catches the lizard leader's belt and redirects him so he falls with a thump onto the branches of the tree rather than out of it. WIth the leader safe, he moves out of the way of the others a bit to free up some space.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Gwen looks at the people far ahead of her and moves forward. "The leader sent the lizards away, we need to defeat them before they get back to base!" If she is close enough, she hexes a lizard for dex and eldrich blasts them. If out of range of hex, then blast the furthest away.

eldrich blast and hex: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7
1D10 = [5] = 5
1D6 = [2] = 2

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Mehr keeps advancing as he conjures up a set of Magic Missiles, sending them all whirling after the lizard who's made it the furthest.

Magic Missiles: 11 damage.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:17 pm

In the off chance one of the two lizard runners is still alive when his turn comes up (and I am asleep) Varsk will move to get as much of a clear shot as he can at a living lizard (preference on machete lizard) before attempting to let a bolt fly. He is unable to keep his balance well enough to get a clear shot however and mostly just needs to focus on not falling to his doom.

Dex, attack and damage: 12, 8, 6

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:38 am

Gwen hexes the fleeing archer, and fires an eldritch blast at him but the shot goes wide.

Mehriv blasts the archer with three magic missiles. The archer stumbles from the hit, but manages to keep his footing and keep running.
(DEX: 2D20.LOW(1)+2 = [16, 15]+2 = 17)

---------------------------------------------

Kal, Syli then Merric is up.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:27 pm

Leader is captured, the rest are running, and half the party is catching up to me?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler