Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:50 am

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:02 am

The lizardman looks at Mehriv passively, his features hardening just a little when he notices Varsk's pantomime. Still, he says nothing and rests his head back down on the platform, letting his eyes half close. He seems quite calm.

Gwen stands to the side and tries to make thundery sounds, but although they're quite good, they don't fool anyone into believing it's real thunder.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:26 am

[Pay attention. If you help us, we won't have to kill as many of your people. I swear this on the honour of the Great Dragons. Do you wish to force us to exterminate your clan? You are a disgrace to all the draconian races, honourless coward, to forsake their lives in this way.]
"If he won't help us we'll just have to kill all of them. It's unfortunate, but we will have to kill him and keep moving."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:33 am

"How much do we get for each head we brin' back? It might be the best plan anyhow."

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:36 am

"[Please, I don't want to have to kill you. We're not here to hurt your clan. We're passing through to find someone from the city. If you'll help us, we can avoid bloodshed]," Kal implores in Draconic.
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:54 am

The lizardman looks up at Mehriv and gives a wry laugh.

In draconic:
"You are the one dressed up as a soft-skin, cousin, not I. You can keep your damned dragons, I will not betray my people."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:41 pm

Varsk glances down at the crocs eating the fallen lizardfolk. He wonders if there will be enough left to claim the 5g reward...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:49 pm

((all you need is proof of the kill. Whether that's the word of a "person of good standing" (e.g. scribe, noble, paladin/cleric of a trustworthy deity, or something physical / magical (I'll leave it to you guys to decide on something workable), is up to you. But this is a pseudo-medieval setting, so accepting someone's word for stuff on good faith is not going to be that uncommon)).

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:14 pm

[I am also the one who tried to show your kin mercy, cousin, regardless of how barbaric your kind's recent actions.]

"He refuses to give aid, and we have no time for an interrogation. Give him a quick death. There's no need for him to suffer, and if it is prolonged the approaching group may be able to save him. We should not give them anyone who can reveal anything."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:40 pm

The lizardman watches Mehriv but says nothing, and soon closes his eyes again and tries to control his breathing. For all his attempts to appear calm, Korrik can feel the lizardman's pulse racing underneath his fingers.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:58 pm

"Is he doing something? Is there a spell he could be casting?"
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:04 pm

"I don't think so... I think he's... preparing to die."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:08 pm

Kal is sure that these lizardfolk must follow some gods, but he has no idea which ones or how they might worship them... His musings are interrupted by a sudden feeling of dread, as it occurs to him that the bonds around the creature's hands will do very little to stop him from speaking a spell (if he isn't already casting one!) and who knows what kinds of strange magic these people might have!?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:20 pm

"As well he should. There must be some reason for him to refuse an offer to spare his kin, but we have no time to learn it."
My game:

My characters:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Syli carefully sneaks up on the gator, so as not to disturb its meal, attempting to quietly lift the bow in her mouth and pull it away without drawing its ire.

--Stealth (+4): 17

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:18 pm

The 'gator is more interested in the corpse than a random stick, and Syli manages to drag it slowly away to the base of the main tree without too much difficulty. As she reaches it, she catches another glimpse of the floating light. It's much further away now, and is only in view for a second before it vanishes again.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:54 pm

Gwen sighs and pulls out her dagger and bends down. "Sorry." She winces as she slits his throat. (Does he have anything on him?)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:58 pm

((You've taken it already. He was carrying a shortsword, throwing net (which has been dropped to the ground), and a belt pouch containing the bone token)).

The lizardman dies.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:32 pm

"We need to keep moving. Syli! Are you coming back to us? Where did you run off to?"
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:10 pm

Gwen grimaces and pushes the leader lizard off for the crocs to eat after cutting off one of his fingers as proof of the kill. At the very least other lizard people won't find it so easily.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:53 am

"Time to be outta here. Which way we goin'?"

Once the direction has been picked Varsk will help the lizardfolk's work on the bridge so it is likely to give out should any great weight be placed on it (in the direction they came from).

((Do you need a new roll?))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:41 am

((no, you have time to spend a couple of minutes on it, and it's not a very difficult task. No roll required!))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:54 am

"The directions the two archers went are our best bet."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:00 am

((I'm not sure if Syli plans to tell you guys about the floaty light, but I assume she'll want to regroup so I'll let you guys catch up before we move on))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am

"Except they ran in different directions. I assume the paths are interlaced, or there are similar watch posts around the place."
My game:

My characters: