Stoat: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6

((Yup, seems about right.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:16 pm

history (Moon man): 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7 (Nope. Don't know who this is.)

history (stout): 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26 (Dain knows EVERYTHING historically about this one, to the point of it being a favorite subject/hobby.)

history (hand snake): 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16 (Yeah, Dain knows something about this one too.)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:47 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Lady Capilli responds to the round-faced man with a tone of surprise in her voice:
"I am Lady Crucem Capilli. ...and I did not intend to tell you that."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:10 pm

"I am Arthumas Clanhold." He then shivers a bit and wishes the 'hand' would stop looking at him. Instead he stops looking at it and stares at the man and asks, "And who am I speaking with?"
He also lowers his axe and holds it much more at ease in just one hand. They don't seem to be attacking right off the bat and just care to talk, and Art does not want to fight the weasel. Or the hand-snake.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Dain is sensing that something is not right here. He'll stay in the shadows watching and preps stinking cloud for instant use if things go south.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Aura just tries to look... Elsewhere. Keeping them at the edge of her vision, but not quite looking straight at them... That seemed like a sensible thing to do, given that there was supposedly a medusa somewhere in here...

"My name is Aura... May I also be so humble to request introductions?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:05 pm

While the others keep to the shadows, Aura and Art politely try not to make a weird situation worse.

"I am Arthumas Clanhold. And who am I speaking with?"
"My name is Aura... May I also be so humble to request introductions?"

"Of course you may. My name is Torgos Zooth. Why are you here?"

Aura speaks to the clasps on Torgos Zooth's sea-blue robes. Art focuses on Torgos Zooth's face. The snake with the hand-eye stares intently at each of them in turn. The weasel scratches intensely for a couple of seconds and looks at everything.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:14 pm

"We are here, well, by accident." Art sighs. "We just got brought here through a portal, I think, in a painting...minutes ago. Magic is not really my thing. And the Lady here, he motions to Lady Capilli, "we just met."
After a pause he smiles and adds, "I really just want to get back to my own home. Do you know how we can do that?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:44 am

"It mostly was an accident... At least, I didn't know the painting could do... This. And now we're pretty much stuck here, yes, after being... Betrayed."

"We were mostly just looking to explore this place, and find a way out."
Aura says. Part of her was also curious about these "three sisters", if only because she figured saving them might be a requirement to be free. (assuming sending out a sending spell and just having one of the brothers turn the paining around in the evening turns out to not be enough.)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 am

"Out? Back the way you came in I suppose.

Now, I must continue looking for my sons, Anole and Anolis. Have you seen them?"

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:13 am

"No, we just arrived and have only met two women, no men. What do your sons look like?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:13 am

"No, afraid not." Aura says, unable to help herself sigh as she finds another person in here that needs something done. "What would they look like, and what would you want us to tell them should we encounter them?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:25 am

"They look a bit like me I suppose, but they are only half sublunary. Twins. If you find them, I would be extremely grateful for their safe return. I suspect they were taken, though I cannot discount the possibility that they are simply lost."

He nods politely, and walks towards the west door, the strange bestiary following along behind.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:28 am

Aura at least is not looking to stop him, allowing him to pass peacefully. Once he's safely out of sight and hearing, she comments.

"...This is only going to be the start, isn't it?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:01 am

Dain steps out of the shadows. "Definitely odd."

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:17 am

Warryn chuckles to himself as he listens in. "Sub-lunary"; that must be the name for these moon-men. So much for being a fairytale.

Then he realises what the others had been saying. They were trying to get back home? Why not just use the painting - it had worked fine for Warryn. And what was this about being "betrayed"? By wh-

...oh.

And here he'd thought they couldn't be any stupider.

Once the Moon-Man and his weird entourage have left, Warryn strides towards the others and drops his Invisibility. Mainly so they can see him glaring at them.

"What is this I hear about us being stuck here? Unbelievable! I leave you alone for twenty minutes, and you manage to trap us all in this godforsaken place?!"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:34 am

Lady Capilli raises an eyebrow at the newcomer and mutters:

"It really is far too crowded in here. Maybe it won't be SUCH a shame when it's gone..."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:46 am

Art jumps slightly at the reappearance of Warryn.

"Yeah, where did you disappear off to? Where did the painting take you? What???"
Art is just overwhelmed. He doesn't even wait for an answer from Warryn, he walks over to the archway the moonman came from and peers through. He mutters quietly to himself, "There are so many questions. So few answers. and very powerful people walking around. This could be bad."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:50 am

Ah'sereen can't help but feel way out of her element, and she'd found in the past when that was the case, the best course of action is to observe quietly.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:53 am

Art looks through the archway to the north and finds himself looking at a moderately sized rectangular room, that is covered completely in mosaics. A flicker of movement along one of the walls catches his eye...

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:11 am

perception: 1D20-1 = [20]-1 = 19

He squints, trying to figure out what he saw moving.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:21 am

"Yeah, where did you disappear off to? Where did the painting take you? What???"

"It took me back to the crypt, of course. But then that blasted ghost teleported me back in here, and stuck me in some random cupboard."

"Now, let me guess. You released that girl, and she "rewarded" you by closing the portal from the other side. Does that sound about right?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:37 am

Art seems something moving in the mosaic... No... The mosaic itself is moving!

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:18 am

ooc: What did happen exactly that closed the painting?