MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:46 pm

((Can't really do a proper post right now, but Warryn's vote is for us to back out and check out the other door. ))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:47 am

Dain will go along with the majority. He does have that unpleasant look in his eye again, though. It's apparent he's thinking of doing something to the floor and eyes. ((Grumpy dwarf is getting a little bored. He's starting to think about experimenting on things again. ))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:37 am

Art moves back to the doorway, "Well this room creeps me out, even more than some of the others. I'm checking out the other door, hopefully it will lead us to some artwork."
He then heads back into the 'chess room' and then takes a look through the other exit doorway.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:50 am

Aura agrees, but does urge the others to wait a little while. "I'm not sure if the kid has moved on yet... And we don't want him to see us."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:49 am

"Perhaps you or I should be the one to poke our head in first... he doesn't hate us quite as bad...", Ah'sereen muses.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:23 pm

"Well if we're going to be waiting around, I'd rather do it away from all the creepy eyeballs."

Moving back into the now-empty chess room, Warryn waits there until Aura thinks enough time has passed for them to go through the other door.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:29 pm

"Enough time" isn't too long, though- A minute or so, before she enters the new room first...

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:33 pm

Dain shrugs and follows the others into the chess room.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:50 pm

The group returns to the empty chess room and wait impatiently until Aura says it's ok to continue onwards. Aura enters first, and then Art pokes his head in behind her. The room appears to be almost entirely white. White walls, white ceiling, white floor... everything is pure white marble. Hanging from the ceiling is another lit lantern. Across the floor a jet black line, 6 inches wide, extends from your feet in a gentle arc towards the closed door on the far side of the room.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:59 am

'This whole place sucks." Art gripes. "Very dangerous, and apparently it is very large too. We aren't getting far fast. And no artwork in sight yet. It's like a big puzzle."
He frowns and continues his rant, "I don't know why this place is getting to me so. Maybe it is because I'm so out of my element. It is like this place is taunting me, making me want to just throw caution to the wind and run into the next room and just face whatever is in there by smashing it as hard as possible with my axe. At least then I'd be back in charge of what is happening." He will take a few steps into the room, standing on the black line.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:24 am

Art steps out onto the black line. It seems to shimmer briefly and then bends and twists across the floor, reforging itself into a long continuous black line in the shape of his guild's sigil. Except... It looks like it's been broken in half.
► Show Spoiler
Aura watches Art step onto the reshaped black line. The room is quiet.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:05 am

Ah'sereen will step up next to Aura.

((He's the only one to see it change?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:15 am

No, you all see that. Ive clarified the text.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:50 am

"The kid said we needed to... "Become the shape" of the line of this room. Didn't seem too hard when it was just a curved line, but I don't think I can bend like that." Aura exclaims, trying to bring some sense of humor into things at least... Slowly advancing forward to see what'd happen if one weren't following the line...

It's been fun knowing you guys

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:30 am

Art sighs and quietly says, "a test" and he will take another few steps towards the middle of the room, taking a deep breath and focusing on what he assumes will be an assault on his mental focus.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:32 am

Dain watches with a somewhat detached interest, waiting to see what happens next.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:46 am

Art continues walking forwards. The voices nag at him, but while they're unpleasant, he doesn't have any particular trouble ignoring them as he focusses on slowly following the black line.

Aura steps onto the white floor and immediately feels more alone and trapped and terrified than she ever has in her life. Even as she stumbles backwards off the white floor and back to her companions in the chess room, the feeling of terror and dread doesn't leave her.

To the others, Aura appears utterly stricken: wide-eyed and as pale as a ghost.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:53 pm

Warryn watches the terrified Aura with mild interest.

"I take it that stepping off the line is ill-advisable, then? Good to know."

He then follows Art along the line, careful not to step off it at any point.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:06 pm

Aura... Tries to get up, still visibly shaking, breathing heavily... Which is saying something for a creature that doesn't "need" to breathe.

"Don't- Don't step off the line..."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:30 pm

Art will continue to ignore the others at the moment and just follow the lines and move to the other doorway.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Warryn steps onto the black line as Art reaches roughly the halfway point, which causes the pattern to warp as a new shape blends in with the old one. This seems to be a square with three circles inside it. With such a complex pattern, the pair will need longer to cross, but they should be ok as long as they're careful.
► Show Spoiler
Aura shakily gets back to her feet.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:48 pm

"Wait, no one else until we two are across to the door, more people, it gets more difficult." he warns.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:22 pm

Art continues carefully, slowly onwards (I assume) until he reaches the far side of the black path. Once he steps off it, his pattern disappears leaving only Warryn's shape (a square with three circles in a row across it) extending across the floor. Warryn is still at the start of the path.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:50 am

It takes Warryn a little time to catch his bearings, the whispering in his head catching him off-guard. Eventually though he's able to push it out of his mind and focus on his feet, following the line to the other side of the room.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:05 am

Aura REALLY doesn't want to cross this room.