Lair of the Mountain King: Turn 386

Home to all current Forum Games.
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 189)

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:04 pm

questions hugs finds, and puts the blanket over both of them

and tries to see if he can go left or right, taking finds with him
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:06 pm

► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:20 pm

questions does that

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:06 pm

"Do you have any hopes for specific enhancements for us to work on?"
After receiving a reply, Tugs goes into the forge, ready to receive the sword.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:13 pm

FindsTruth will touch the small sigil on the pillar to be teleported back. "There appears to be some Greenish Metallic substance at the peak of the mountain. I surmise this is likely to be a valuable substance, perhaps in creating Weapons and Armor. That is the only reason I can think of for the Pick Sigil, which I erroneously thought was a crossbow. Does anyone have or see a Pick we could perhaps use?"
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:17 am

Sorry for the delay, the last few days have been very hectic.

Shell will enter the room with the rod. he searches the drawers in the grey... shelf looking thingy at the far side of the room. he looks the titles on some of the books too.
Last edited by BeanDip on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:36 am

Eaten goes into the classroom room and searches the chest next to the doorway.

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Splits examines the huge set of armor looking thing.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:09 am

Travels goes and reads the parchment on the third table...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:23 am

Lurks will check out the large human sharp oven.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Lair of the Mountain King (Turn 190)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:00 am

Turn 190

"There appears to be some Greenish Metallic substance at the peak of the mountain. I surmise this is likely to be a valuable substance, perhaps in creating Weapons and Armor. That is the only reason I can think of for the Pick Sigil, which I erroneously thought was a crossbow. Does anyone have or see a Pick we could perhaps use?"
"We'll do our very best at the least- Hand over the parts and we'll take a look. Got a friend in there who's probably more skilled in handling a forge than I am. ...Just out of curiosity, what are you planning to do once you got your sword? Because we're kinda dealing with a demon bent on destroying the world and stuff... Stuff like that fancy sword. Amongst other things."
"I'm going to take it and then start traveling again in a quest to upgrade to an even BETTER one as I battle my way to building the Ultima Sword! By my calculations, I should only need to kill around 1500 dire wolves, 1267 shadow wolves, 37 fire bombs and 82 ice demons, THEN capture a golden llama to take me to a cave on a desolate and remote island in the north where I'll be able to mine for the ore I need. It's pretty rare, but I think it shouldn't take more than around 3000 attempts to find. Assuming I don't disturb too many cave ghasts of course! hahaha! They always slow things down!"
"Do you have any hopes for specific enhancements for us to work on?"
Of course! This is everything you need to start creating a Butterfly Edge sword. It's going to be great! Anyway, take these and get to work! I can't wait to see it!

Destyn hands Burned a bag which appears to be mostly full of animal hides, strange-coloured petals, three silvery feathers and two dark green scales. None of it looks much like a sword.

Questions and Finds touch the sigil. As they make contact, they each feel the sigil warm beneath their hands as 1MP is drained from each of them, followed by a rushing in their ears as they are whisked back inside the mountain. It is much warmer here and both goblins feel considerably better.

Burned and Tugs enter the Forge and Destyn passes through his giant sword.

Splits and Lurks examine the giant metal thing. On the front there is carved plate which reads:

Operating Instructions: Please Read
ONLY FOR USE BY TRAINED OPERATIVES (that means you Charges!)
Light forge and ensure forge operative is capable of maintaining a suitable temperature.
Initialize Blacksmith (if you are not a weaver, fill in form 8274-b to request the services of one).
When prompted, insert the raw materials.
Check the power requirements. Cancel project if you don't have sufficient reserves and contact the weavers for assistance.
When the raw materials have been accepted, initiate mental link (FOCUS! If you get distracted now the quality of your finished product will suffer).
You are ready to begin!

IMPORTANT!
Always ensure your forge is lit and ready before attempting to use the Blackmith. Failure to do so leads to delays and can cause malfunction.
Please ensure you have enough energy to complete your project BEFORE you start. Not doing so leads to delays and is annoying for everyone.

Round the back there is a short ladder leading to a small door in the contraption.

Meanwhile, Shell and Eaten enter the classroom.

Eaten inspects the first chest and finds a set of Colourful Robes. How nice!

Shell checks out the bookshelf. It looks like there are a load of books on the history of the goblins and their ancestry, magical theory, potion brewing, animal handling, animation, illusions, correct handling of the elements, astronomy and astrology, construction, mining and herbology. Seems like it contains pretty much everything they might ever want to know about this place.

Opening the drawers at the bottom, he finds various empty glass jars, beakers, vials and metal racks to hold them as well as a number of candles and small metal pots.

Travels reads the parchment on the table. It appears to be a list of goblin names... All except five have been scored out:

Lost-in-the-Mountains (King Under the Mountain; Master)
Snares-the-Unwary (Master)
Inseparable-from-Birth (Masters)
Makes-a-Splash (Master)
Builds-With-Stars (Master)

Interesting...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:28 am

Tugs attempts to make use to the sword to reach the containers up above, turning it so that the flat of the blade can be balanced on, rather than an edge.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:27 am

► Show Spoiler
"YES!"

Shell will pick up and read start reading the magical theory book in the most manly way possible.
► Show Spoiler
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:41 am

BeanDip wrote:
► Show Spoiler
"YES!"

Shell will pick up and read start reading the magical theory book in the most manly way possible.
► Show Spoiler
I'm sure you're right (I keep reading shell as similar to she'll) but I cannot find the bit where I've done it! Was it in this update?

With reading it depends what you want to know and in how much detail. If you want to just get the jist of a subject or look for pictures, then one turn is enough. If you want more detail or to learn a new skill it will take several turns (and much like learning magic, may require practical practice as well before you can fully use the skill).

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:46 am

Thank you. Naturally, Shell hopes to learn about magic so I might have to spend a few turns in here...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:52 am

thinkslogically wrote:Opening the drawers at the bottom, she finds...
That's where the gender mistake was.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:54 am

Thank you!

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:10 am

Thanks D, forgot to include it apparently... >_<

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:13 am

questions goes into the space room and smells the drinks

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Travels looks at the books on the Table...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:56 pm

"What, honestly? Only reason you'd want to get your sword upgraded is to get an even better one? Well, sure. Though if that's the case, may I ask what your payment was going to be? Or did you already pay way back? If so any idea where they took it?" Burned yells through the door, scanning over the items in the room with a glint in his eyes and a smirk slowly forming.

"Now, I'm going to need the best mage to operate that machine! If I'm correct in assuming what'll it do it's going to be necessary! Check the forge for fuel... Actually, I'll do that... Pretty fire..."

"But, anyways, mate... The ultima sword, really? You realize that's not the most powerful sword of all, right?"
Burned says as he investigates the forge, looking for place of input, any way of ignition, and fuel source.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:12 am

Eaten puts on the robes, becoming the prettiest goblin in the mountain shoves the robes into his inventory, then moves on to the second chest.

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Lurks will just watch the goblins as they tried to upgrade the sword.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:21 pm

FindsTruth moves into the Forge room to help Tugs climb up the sword, steadying it if needed.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:03 am

Splits examines the ladder looking thing with the crank,