The Island: Turn 233

Home to all current Forum Games.

Moderator: Games Moderators

The Island: Turn 233

Postby thinkslogically » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Introduction

Image

It is the age of exploration and there are fortunes to be made for those bold enough to go looking for them! One island chain, far out in the Melusine Sea has been attracting prospectors and traders since its discovery due to its rich exotic plant and animal life, and the discovery of rare gems and precious metals in the mines. Occasionally, even artefacts from extinct civilisations are discovered, making the islands a constant source of interest to pirates and traders hoping to make a name for themselves. So far most have returned home empty-handed.

Just before the onset of the winter storms last year, wild rumours started flying that a group of miners had finally uncovered an extremely rare and valuable treasure in one of the outlying islands, but that some catastrophe struck before it could be brought off the island. Now, with the original finders all presumed dead, the treasure is just sitting abandoned and waiting to be claimed. All through the winter months adventurers and glory-hunters have been flocking to the southern coasts, eager to hire ships and be the first to reach the mine in the spring.

Image

As it happens, the first ship to actually reach the island the following spring is a small caravel, owned and commanded by humans but crewed largely by goblin and kobold slave-labourers. By leaving early in the season, the ship attempted to outrun the competition and reach the island first, but the voyage didn’t quite go to plan and a violent storm wrecked the ship on the reefs surrounding one of the islands in the chain. The only survivors were a small group of goblins who were lucky enough to have been working above decks when the ship sank, and who now find themselves washed up on the beach amongst all the flotsam and jetsam of their little ship.

Image

As luck would have it, it would appear that they have washed up on the very island they were searching for. It would also appear that they are indeed the first group to reach it. Perhaps this is also a chance for the goblins to claim the treasure for themselves and win fame and glory for themselves. Perhaps it is a chance to buy their way out of the slavery that has bound them for so many years. Or perhaps it is simply a chance to escape.

Whatever they choose, they won’t be alone here for long. Treasure seekers and glory hunters from all across the realm are racing here to make a claim for the island’s mysterious prize as we speak, and will fight tooth and nail to get it. If the goblins want to find it first, it’s going to take every ounce of their skill and cunning to do so, not to mention a fair amount of luck! Of course, first of all they might want to do something about those shackles...
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 248 times in total.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Postby thinkslogically » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Rules

Anyone still remember Ratha’s Goblin Defence game? Well, this is going to be a bit like that, but in my own style.

The two primary objectives for the game are simple:

1. Find the treasure in the mine and
2. Defend against invading treasure-hunters.

Update Schedule
I'll update 2-3 times per week depending on how busy I get, most likely on Mon - Wed - (Fri). If I miss a Friday update I can usually get one done on Saturdays instead, but I can't always promise.

If a player misses three updates in a row they will be replaced (assuming the character lives that long).

Mechanics
Basic Stats:
HP: 5/5
ATT: 1/1
DEF: 1/1

Special Roles & Abilities
Teller
One goblin in the group was a Teller’s apprentice before they were captured. They don’t have the full skills of a Clan Teller yet, but they have a couple of basic skills:

• Second Sight: Will receives visions about the next day’s attack
• Blessed: Can pray to Maglubiyet for assistance. Just remember that the more you ask for, the more you need to offer!

Unfortunately, a Teller must be devoted to his or her craft and cannot learn any skills from any other discipline. They may eventually master additional unique skills of their own though.

Chief
Even though you might originally be from different clans, it's always good to have someone in charge in times of war. The Chief gains the following starting abilities:

• War Cry: Temporarily boosts all goblins in the area with +1 ATT (once per day)
• Hard to Kill: +1 DEF, +1 Base HP.

Special Skills: All goblins (except the Teller) can develop skills relating to combat, crafting, knowledge etc. through the course of the game depending on their actions.

Actions
You may perform various actions each turn:

Minor action: e.g. picking up or swapping an item, equipping kit, eating etc.
Major action: e.g. attacking, crafting, digging, reading, searching, sneaking etc.
Move: Entering a new area.

You may make one action of each type per turn (though you may swap major and move actions to e.g. double-move or do two things in one turn if you prefer).

Exceptions: Your turn will end immediately if you make an attack or enter a new area.

A quick note on using skills:
Whenever you guys try to do something that involves some degree of skill or luck (e.g. sneaking, thieving, searching, crafting, gardening, whatever), I roll a D20 and we see what happens. If you state you are looking for something specific (and you KNOW it exists in the first place!) like the shackle key, you have a better chance of finding it, but a lower chance of finding other things. If you search a specific thing (e.g. a boot) you have a better chance of finding something hidden there, but less chance of finding things elsewhere. Not that it will be worth searching everything on everyone all the time of course - just because you look somewhere doesn't mean there's something to find, but you get the idea.

Combat
Combat follows the standard rules:

Damage = Attack – Defence

Disabled: On reaching 0HP the goblin is disabled and cannot take any actions. They must be healed by another goblin the following turn using a potion or spell or they will die. You cannot eat food to stabilise.

Time
Time is a factor in this game and is measured in days, similar to the system used in Goblin Defence. One day lasts 20 turns, followed by a night-time ‘rest’ period during which no actions can be taken.

Invasions
Once a day from Day 2 onwards, a new group of ‘invaders’ will arrive at the island attempting to reach the treasure and claim it for themselves. It is up to you to ensure that they do not succeed. If you are beaten to the treasure, you’re pretty sure Bad Things will happen.

Magic
Aside from the goblin magic used by the Tellers, magic use is largely confined to wealthy or favoured individuals of the human and elven kingdoms (though there are a few exceptions). Fortunately, high demand for their magic means that there is a healthy trade in scolls and spellbooks designed for use by the layman or enthusiastic amateur, which should be useable by the goblins if you can find any.

Food & Resting
Sleeping in a camp & consuming a meal restores HP to full. Staying overnight in an unsafe place requires the goblins to keep watch so they cannot restore HP. Sleeping without keeping watch is reckless and strongly advised against.

Food
Food items may be:
Small (half a meal)
Normal (full meal)
Large (2 meals)
X-Large (5 meals)

Camps
Camps are simply safe areas where goblins can rest overnight, as designated by the Chief. A minimum of 3 goblins must sleep in the same area to make the camp effective. If only one or two goblins are present, they must keep watch all night instead and will not recover any HP. Camps cannot be set up inside the mine or in any location where an enemy is present. You can only have one camp at any given time (though you are free to change its location whenever you decide).

Goblin ESP
It exists! Thanks to a rare mutation, all the characters are aware of what is happening to the others. It's just easier this way!
Last edited by thinkslogically on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Postby thinkslogically » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Player List

Goblin faces (thanks Gathers!):
[spoil]Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image[/spoil]

Protects Her Kin - Chieftess
Player: GathersIngredients

Background: Protects Her Kin is a compassionate goblin who strives to keep others from harm, tossing even herself in the way, if need may be. If she one day ever gets to be a mother, she will be like the proverbial lioness protecting her cubs. She’s also eager to help others to the best of her abilities, and has shown interest in spiritual matters, healing and such, too.

Write - Teller
Player: Rodgeir

Background: Write was born as a slave already. Write’s mom was also born in capitivity, but was sold to a wizard. Write’s mom was pregnant when she was sold, so the Wizard Jenkins found himself unexpectedly with two Goblins, when he really only needed the one. So Write’s mom (whom was named Reed) was learning skills alongside Write. The Wizard Jenkins wasn’t a very mean wizard, but he had bought Reed as she was able to read and write. So… Write has been learning the skills of reading and writing and mixing since birth.

But the Wizard Jenkins wasn’t the most successful of Wizards, and Write had been assisting him.. and well… while Write was outside filling up a bucket of water, Reed and the Wizard Jenkins were sort of blown up. Write has found herself on the ship and isn’t very happy with that, as she had actually quite enjoyed her time with the Wizard Jenkins and doesn’t have the slightest idea about Goblin Culture.

Shackled by Many
Player: theis2

Description: Shackled by many has lived most of his life as a slave and with a multitude of different masters. The first time shackled got Shackled by anyone was in a warcamp, where he accidently lead a small group of humans to the warcamp. They were easily beaten but as punishment he got shackled to a pole in the middle of the warcamp. A few days after the warcamp was attacked again but this time by adventures that got the upper hand against the goblins which lead to most of the goblins getting killed. Shackled was sitting in the middle of the camp and watched how they slaughtered his fellow kin. He was spared himself and taken as a slave because he was unable to fight back during the assault. He was later sold to a wizard and helped him with several errands before getting sold again. This happened many times before Shackled finaly had enough and started his daring escape from this cycle. He was held near the ocean and he made a small boat for himself using any spare time he could find. When the boat was ready and his masters where gone from the mansion Shackled decided today was his chance and he jumped into the boat and sailed away. After a day of sailing he went to sleep but found himself on a larger ship when he woke up together with other slaves.

Presses Buttons
Player: Patdragon

Background:

Silver Curse
Player: Burns

Background: Silver was free a majority of her life, because she stayed near her village of Blitz. She always found her name as odder than the others, and never sure what it means. One day people ransacked her village and there was not enough food for anybody. Nobody was hurt in that exchange fortunally. Silver decided to return the favor. She was being as careful as possible when the urge of stealing some coins hit her. She did not need the coins, but they called out to her. She tried to ignore it but her hands were already in the pouch. She was seen and she ran as fast as possible. She got caught and was shackled . She became a slave through those actions and was sold.

Treasures Life
Player: Narshe

Background: Treasures had an unusual upbringing for a goblin; she was raised in a clan of extremely pacifist goblins that attempted always to live in harmony with nature in a secluded valley. She was taught, like the rest of her people, to respect the right of all things to life. However, this attitude was not shared by the humans that finally discovered their village. Within a few years, all of her people had either been enslaved or killed by adventurers and profiteers.

Sold into servitude, Treasures discovered that the life she needed to respect most of all was her own, and that of her fellow goblins. Survival is not something to be taken for granted in a world that is as cruel as it is for goblins. However, she still struggles with her former pacifism, though she is prepared to do what it takes to survive.

Dances in Storms [Replaced Spreads the Word on Turn 17]
Player: BadgeAddict

Deceased

Background: Dances was a part of a rare sight on the great ocean, Goblin Pirates. He was one of the fiercest, meanest, craziest pirate to ever sail the world. In the midst of a battle to loot yet another merchant ship a storm broiled up from the west. The rain began to fall as the battle raged on. After a short time, as it always was, the fight was over and Dances and his crew was victorious once more. As Dances raised his sword in the pelting rain something ordinary happened. A lightning bolt arced down from the sky and struck his sword as he waved it proudly above his head. The result was catastrophic for poor Dances. Dances was thrown from the ship, which was lucky for him, because then the ship erupted into a inferno of fire. When Dances awoke, he found himself in a small cage on a large ship. As he looked about his surroundings he found he was painted pink...strange. As a human walks by he calls out to him "hello". The sailor kicks out and scrawls "shut yer mouth spreads-the-word". Having forgotten everything about himself spreads realized that he had been given a name. Early the next morning, a violent storm came out of nowhere and began to toss the ship about. Later..much later, spreads opened his eyes to his new surroundings and started to explore. It wasn't until later when the ant attacked him and he hit his head as he fell backwards. A memory blossomed in spreads brain....your name is Dances-in-Storms. As the memories of his true name came flooding back he remembered something else, he had been painted pink. Dances started to rub vigorously at his skin and as he did, big blotches of pink paint begin to fall off of his body. When the pink paint finally settled to the ground, a new pilgrim stood where spreads once stood...Dances-in-Storms and he wasn't pink, he was orange.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:57 am, edited 12 times in total.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Postby thinkslogically » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:24 pm

So following the Great Forum Apocalypse of Jan 2013 we lost the old goblins forum and most of the games that had been running there. However, thanks to the miracle of Google cache, we were able to salvage a decent chunk of this game (thankfully it was only a couple of weeks old so we didn't lose too much). The salvaged updates can be found on Scribd here if you want to catch up:

The Island: Turns 0-12

Players: We'll pick this back up now from where we left off. Please post your actions for your next turn and we'll go from there. Next update will be Wednesday if everyone has found the new forum by then.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:26 pm

ImageSilver moves silently through the scary scary forest, being careful of being quiet and tries to avoid enemies as she sneaks along the path
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13938
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Postby lingrem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:46 pm

ImageWrites gasps. "Oh Malubiyet, please don't let that be poison!"

Writes rushes over to Swallows to inspect the wound.

Major 1: pray to Maglubiyet for it to not be poison
Minor: Inspect Swallow's wound
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!
User avatar
lingrem
Former Mod
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:11 am
Location: North of the Middle of Nowhere.

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Postby GathersIngredients » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:37 am

ImageKin sits down beneath a palm tree, whips out the belt knife and with it's help tries to undo the seams of one pair of boots for the whole turn, trying to save as much of the thread as she can. If she succeeds and still has time, she'll undo the seams of the other pair, too.

Summary: Undo the seaming of the boots while trying to save as much string as possible (whole turn)

Pictures:
[spoil]Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image[/spoil]
Don't call me GI. I'm not a government issue.



Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!


Games and Chars
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 4611
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Postby Theis2 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:06 am

Image Shackled climbs the ladder and moves to the left
Games I'm in
The island as Shackled by many
The goblin adventure league as Steals the tequilla (Free for all to join and wait for a quest/game)
PTU trinity isle as Drake the researcher of pokemon and the occult
Lair of the mountain king as Wakes in mountains

I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread
User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Postby DoubleFried » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:27 pm

ImageSpreads will follow Shackled.
"I hope there isn't anything dangerous in those trees. You never know."
It's canon.
User avatar
DoubleFried
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Postby I'mBob » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Treasure will move to the left, with Shackled and Spreads.
[spoil]For personal reference.

Beleak (Shipwrecked)
Gendalr (Ashren)[/spoil]
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.
User avatar
I'mBob
Game Master
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:28 am
Location: The Holy Land

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Postby thinkslogically » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:11 am

Ok folks, I haven't seen Maia on this forum yet. I PM'd her via WSTWFG again but no reply as yet...

She posted the following in the temp forum as her action, so I'll follow that tonight, but if there's no sign of her by Friday I'll postpone further updates for a bit until we hear from her since I'm sure she was keen to continue.

I temporarily made it to this forum. Swallows had set off a trap while using her absolutely awesome lockpicking nail to open a chest, and got an undefined amount of damage as well as being poisoned (or just weak from blood loss). What she does next depends on how bad the damage is, this turn she's sucking the poison out (further use of her "first aid" skill she's started to train when bandaging Writes, I hope).
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Postby Maiandra » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:53 am

I'm here, thanks for carrying my action over. My inbox on WSWFG was full and I hadn't noticed, so I only just realised there really was a PM from Thinks. I'm also suffering from a massive knee-jerk "the entire loss of the forum was just a ruse to steal our Hidden" paranoia, so my enhousiasm over this forum is tepid at best.
Maiandra
Speaks Quietly
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:43 am

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Postby lingrem » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:02 am

Maiandra wrote: "the entire loss of the forum was just a ruse to steal our Hidden"


I'm not sure what you mean by that?
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!
User avatar
lingrem
Former Mod
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:11 am
Location: North of the Middle of Nowhere.

Re: The Island (Turn 13)

Postby thinkslogically » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Turn 13

Is everyone sitting comfortably? Then we'll get begin (again)!

Image

Silver attempts to sneak onwards, but doesn't notice the plants that have grown over the path. She steps on one and it snaps shut around her feet reducing her to 4/5HP and trapping her in place! She feels her feet start to burn as the plant's jaws gently start to gnaw on her ankles...

Image

Back at the beach, Swallows is also suffering as the wound in her hand starts to burn and tingle...

"Oh Malubiyet, please don't let that be poison!"
A voice whispers in her ear, "It's probably too late for that"

Write whirls round, but there's no-one there... Confused, she goes to help Swallows instead.

Swallows bites into her hand and sucks out as much of the poisoned blood as she can, spitting it into the sand beside her. She's pretty sure that should help in the long term, but right now she still feels pretty shit and loses 1HP to the effects of whatever it was on that needle.

Write inspects the damage, but can't tell much more about the injury than they already know. The arm is hot to the touch, but without knowing what the poison was it's going to be difficult to do more than just wait it out...

Image

To the east, Kin gets crafty and settles down with her belt knife to dismantle one of the pairs of boots they looted. Because she's trying to save the thread, she only gets one pair done. By the end, she's left with: [Leather boot soles] x2, [Small squares of leather] x4 & [Sturdy Thread] x30cm. The monkey things screech at her for a bit, but get bored after a while and eventually settle down.

Image

Shackled, Spreads and Treasure decide to go exploring and discover a new area! Fancy!

"I hope there isn't anything dangerous in those trees. You never know."

----------------------------

[spoil]Welcome back everyone! Thanks for your patience and for coming back :D[/spoil]
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island (Turn 13)

Postby lingrem » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Image "Did you hear anything Swallows?" Writes says, deciding that she was maybe hit on the head during the shipwreck. "I could have sworn I just heard someone else speak..."

Writes then sits down at the treasure chest. "Do you want to keep trying to open this, or do you want me to try? It might be our best bet to find something to help you out right now... If you want to keep trying, I might take the empty treasure chest and drag it up to where I just found some fish. I might block the entrance to the ocean and try to scare them into it. What do you think? I'll leave that up to you because well, you're the one more at risk than me now!"
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!
User avatar
lingrem
Former Mod
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:11 am
Location: North of the Middle of Nowhere.

Re: The Island (It's Back!)

Postby Theis2 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:39 am

Image Uhmmm this place seems a bit creepy.. what is this blue thing?

Shackled investigates the blue thing, but does not touch it with his bare skin
Games I'm in
The island as Shackled by many
The goblin adventure league as Steals the tequilla (Free for all to join and wait for a quest/game)
PTU trinity isle as Drake the researcher of pokemon and the occult
Lair of the mountain king as Wakes in mountains

I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread
User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 pm

Re: The Island (Turn 13)

Postby GathersIngredients » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:20 am

[spoil]Whoot, that crafting went WAY better than I would have dared to hope. :woot

Also, I forgot, do we have ESP, or is Kin blissfully unaware of the danger her co-survivors are in? I'm just gonna assume the latter.

The light blue bush could even be some healing plant. Or maybe the red one with the elegant shape near Silver... Or poison. >:-P Only one way to find out...
Also, the ants could probably be tasty. Good source for protein. But on the other hand we should be careful when collecting them. They are big enough to be trouble for us, I think.
The cave could be a save haven for us, once we have dealt with any occupants.
But the "shadows" in the swampy water look a bit disturbing to me. They could be hostile creatures...

Also, guys, please stop getting too far away and/or in too much trouble. In 7 more turns it's night and if we aren't in a "camp" - iirc, I have to declare it, but can only do so, if there are at least 3 of us present AND no fighting going on - we don't regenerate HP. :!:[/spoil]

Image"Wow, this really worked out well." Kin says to herself, genuinely surprised that the thread saving was such a success. She repeats her efforts with the other pair of boots. While she is doing that, she tries to imagine things she could do out of the leather patches and how many of those she would probably need. She wonders if the soles of the boots could be cut to fit goblin feet, or if there might be a better use for them.

Summary:
rinse and repeat with the other pair of boots. Also, think of stuff to create out of the gained raw materials (only if this is free and she can do so without disturbing her concentration, thus lowering her success chance!)
Don't call me GI. I'm not a government issue.



Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!


Games and Chars
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 4611
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Re: The Island (Turn 13)

Postby I'mBob » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:38 am

"I think it some kind of a plant... It might be poisonous, so look out.

Treasure
says to Shackled, and then checks the green dots things that are in the cave.
[spoil]For personal reference.

Beleak (Shipwrecked)
Gendalr (Ashren)[/spoil]
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.
User avatar
I'mBob
Game Master
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:28 am
Location: The Holy Land

Re: The Island (Turn 13)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:49 am

Silver yelps in surprise and starts trying to hit the plant with whatever pointy things she has. "HELP!"
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13938
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: The Island (Turn 13)

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:48 am

Just to let you guys know I'll probably not get an update done until tomorrow evening / Sunday morning, but you'll definitely have one before Monday :) Still waiting on 2 actions anyway, so will give those folk a little more time too.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island (Turn 13)

Postby Maiandra » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:50 am

Swallows-a-Key

Image "Did you hear anything Swallows?" Writes says, deciding that she was maybe hit on the head during the shipwreck. "I could have sworn I just heard someone else speak..."

"Uhm, no, I don't think I said anything... maybe just some slight whimpering." Swallows looks at her hand again, wriggles her fingers and decides that there's nothing more she can do about it right now. "Go ahead and go fishing, Writes, I think I'll be fine. At least I can still use my hand, somewhat. Hopefully the others will get lucky and find some vegetation that isn't trying to eat us. Who's closest to Silver in case she needs help?"

Actions pending.
Questions:
- Could someone link me to Gathers' head images, I can't find them.
- Does Swallows still have the plank she pulled her nail out of? She could take it to whack the unruly bear trap plant into submission.
- Is someone else going over to help Silver? If so, I'd like to start on the "find and disable traps"-skill.
Maiandra
Speaks Quietly
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:43 am

Re: The Island (Turn 13)

Postby lingrem » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:56 am

((I didn't think we'd know what the others are up to? Also.. until Gather's post I didn't know we were that close to night... Writes might start heading towards the others))

"Actually.. on second thought, it's been a long time since we've seen anyone else... maybe we should head towards them. Do you want to try to take the chest with us if you don't stay to open it?"

Actions:
- start heading towards where Kin is
- either help Swallows carry the chest (if needed) or grab one of the planks to take with her
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!
User avatar
lingrem
Former Mod
 
Posts: 3947
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:11 am
Location: North of the Middle of Nowhere.

Re: The Island (Turn 13)

Postby Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:59 am

(We have ESP so yea, we do)
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Games Moderator
 
Posts: 13938
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: The Island (Turn 13)

Postby thinkslogically » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:39 am

Yes, you guys do have ESP :)
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
 
Posts: 11129
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Island (Turn 13)

Postby GathersIngredients » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:26 am

What, we have EPS?! Then Kin won't just sit around and keep on leatherworking, no way!
please disregard the previous post, thinkslogically.
@ Maia: the pictures are in the spoiler in my first post in this thread.


ImageSensing that Silver is in danger, as well as stuck, Kin hurries towards the unfortunate goblin as fast/far as she can. (N,N, N)
If she, by some miracle, adrenalin rush or something arrives this turn and still can do something, she'll apply the belt knife to the plant, trying to free (and not hurt!) Silver and damaging the plant, if necessary.

Summary:
hurry North, North, (if she still can, North again, then try to free Silver without hurting the goblin, using the belt knife)
Don't call me GI. I'm not a government issue.



Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!


Games and Chars
Colonists Of The New World: Bjorn Cloudhammer - PC info sheet
The Island: Protects Her Kin - Obsidian portal page
GAL: Walks With The Wind
Lair of the Mountain King: Finds The Truth
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
Potential (group two): "Bobby" B.J.
Fallout settlers: Jamie Knight
User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
 
Posts: 4611
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am

Next

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arch Lich Burns and 2 guests