Call of Cthulhu- Filipstad -looking for new player

Home to all current Forum Games.
Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Call of Cthulhu- Filipstad -looking for new player

Post by Kelten » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:14 am

A few months ago I made and held this RPG with some friends, and the evening was a success. So i figured I should try it out here as well.
I will apologies in advance for my spelling, as english isn't my first language. If anything is unclear pleas tell me, and ill try to clarify my meaning. I will accept up to 8 players, and i'll update as fast as I can. The game contains some brutality, and nudity, and the story is dark and brutal.

Ill start strait of with the story, sample picture, and sample art.

Monday morning you receive a quite thick envelop from a lawyer-firm in Stockholm, inside you find a first class ticket to Filipstad, and a invitation to a funeral. Included in the envelope is a thick wad of paper concerning division of property, and you find to your surprise that your name is mentioned among the heirs. It is also stated that the division of property will be held in Filipstad fallowing the funeral.

A return ticket, also first class is dated 3 days after the arrival, and f food and lodging is included at "hotel John" all payed for by the testimony of the deceased.

The deceased person name is Per R├Ânnell, a name that feels familiar to you, but your not shore if its a relative, or a friend to one of your parents.

Picture of Filipstad

Sample art: Will appear in the story Image
Googling the town and places is encuraged ;)

To sign up, state Name, occupation, five main things your character studied in school, and 3 hobbies/things your character is good at
Last edited by Kelten on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Click here if you want to beat me up!

Borys
Voices Opinions

Re: Call of chuthulu- Filipstad (sign up now)

Post by Borys » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:13 pm

Flipstad? Is it this town from story about fish-like people worshiping Cthulhu?

Anyway I'd like to join, even though you didn't say anything about mechanics or gameplay of your project.

Name: Boro
School things:
- Medicine
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Literature
- Geography
Hobbies:
- Meteorology
- Physics
- Math
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:42 pm

YAY Cthulhu?

Is this a Cthulhu lite/dark setting (the lite rule system by thieves of time?)

Name: J├©rgen
School:
- Journalism
- History (Nordic)
- Psychology
- Mathematics
- Physics
Hobbies:
- Arranging social get togethers (for the famous of cause)
- Step dance
- Horror/detective movies
-Best regards LAYF

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:50 pm

the game system is freeplay, meaning you can do anything possible in real life, just wright it down. It is a mystery game, and the objective wont be known from the start.
How well you succeed or badly you fail is determined by me rolling a d100, and your bace chance of success is 1/2, with modification is the task is really easy or really hard. If your trained in it your bace chance will go up to 9/10

Every round you will need to describe your plans an actions after which the game jumps foreword a to the result of your actions, and the next round. Anything you find on the internet about the place is considered in game knowledge. Yah it exists ;)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Kelten wrote:the game system is freeplay, meaning you can do anything possible in real life, just wright it down. It is a mystery game, and the objective wont be known from the start.
How well you succeed or badly you fail is determined by me rolling a d100, and your bace chance of success is 1/2, with modification is the task is really easy or really hard. If your trained in it your bace chance will go up to 9/10

Every round you will need to describe your plans an actions after which the game jumps foreword a to the result of your actions, and the next round. Anything you find on the internet about the place is considered in game knowledge. Yah it exists ;)
okay.. sounds cool :)
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:00 pm

I can't play; this is NOT my entry. Someone else could take this conecpt though.

Name:?
School:
law
investigation
psychology
ancient civilizations (a focused anthropology, how similar civs have been, particularly the 'law' breakers.)
occult (a bit of the rebel coming out again, plus how a subgroup compares contrast with the rest of society)
Hobbies:
pistol shooting
sneaking around (wherever he is not supposed to be; bad boy)
racing (cars mostly, but whatever gives an adrenaline rush)

In short, while he comes down on the side of law and order, he is bored and attracted to the forbidden, whether that is sneaking around, driving too fast, magic, odd ball groups, or the under classes of society. The proper part of him disaproves, but he still goes slumming.

Edit: Kelten, you might want to start a similar thread in the Recruiting subforum and point a link to this thread, or get a mod to move this. I favor having 2 threads for extra visability, but YMMV.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Re: Call of Cthulhu- Filipstad (sign up now)

Post by Kelten » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Looks and Borys, your in. (if someone ells wants to join, send me a pm)

So you both got the invitation to a burial, first class tickets in hand.
Before we start il ask you both: Is there anything special that you want to bring with you on the trip? And whats your native language?
► Show Spoiler

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:03 am

I'm just taking my doctor's bag.
And my native language is Polish, but if you're asking about my character... then I guess it would English, to make things easier.
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:15 am

I'll bring a small tape recorder, and a camera, watch, pen and paper.
Native I'm danish, and since this is in Sweden; I'll keep J├©rgen the same :)
-Best regards LAYF

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:38 am

Well I was thinking...
Boro sounds like some Nordic name (of course it doesn't exist really), so I wanted to give my character Norwegian roots, even though he was American really... so I guess it's like this:
-Language he uses normally is English
-Language he was thought by his mother, is Norwegian...
-... which pretty much gives him understanding of Swedish as well
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Re: Call of Cthulhu- Filipstad (Arriving)

Post by Kelten » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:42 am

If its to show respect for the departed man, or just to hear what you'll get in the will, you take a few days of work and soon find yourself in the firstclass section of the plain to Stockholm. After landing you switch to train (also first class) and depart. For very station your train stops at your wagon gets less and less crowded, and when you arrive in Karlstad to finaly switch to a buss to filipstad, only a handful remail.
You climb on to the old bus (no first-class any more) and come to the conclution that those around now must be the other heritens on there way to the same place, because only people from the train get on bord.

All in all, 11 people including yourself

The busses doors shut with a grinding sound, and a foul smelling warm air whips down from the ventilation above your seat, which you cant turn of no matter how you try. The loud motor sound from the busses engine and a squeaking sound continuously coming from the busses door really get on your nerves, and after an hower spent in misery on the old buss going threw the swedish-woods on a curved twisted path you finally arive at the bustation in filipstad. Its already 7 alock, and your last meal was on the plain 6h ago.
A smashed sign points the way to the hotel John, where you have bean promised food upon arrival, and after a 50m walk you see red neon lights spelling H TEL with the O flickering on and of as you approach.

The receptionist,
► Show Spoiler
who seams quite annoyed at your arrival, hands you a set of keys and tells you that dinner is served at the bar. She then continues with shutting down the reception.
Maps:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
At this time you may state your actions, anything really, from checking your room, or eating dinner to going out to town to look for guns and drugs ;)
Other guests at the bar consist of: one pregnant teen, 2girls and a boy in there 20's, two 40 year old men and 1 lady, and a 60 year old lady. And a bald bartender that also seems to be the waiter. If anything is unclear just shout and ill try to clarify :D
Last edited by Kelten on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Re: Call of Cthulhu- Filipstad -game started

Post by Borys » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:55 am

Boro goes to his room to unpack himself.
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:02 am

J├©rgen decides that some food would be good, so he quickly puts his things, with exception of the recorder and camera into his room, then goes to eat.
he sits in the corner near the bar? (upper right) so he can look out over the room and also orders a rum!
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:40 am

Phyllis drops her bags in her room, and decides that it is DEFINITELY time for dinner, even if it is weird and foreign. She brings her bag of knitting along and goes to sit at the bar, sniffing disapprovingly at any of the patrons who are drinking and muttering to a young girl called Josefin who has apparently been haunting the hotel for a couple of weeks.

ITEMS: Bag of knitting (wool & a selection of needles), handbag with a few personal items (make-up, hairbrush, purse etc. etc.), and a silver locket with an old photograph of a Victorian gentleman (she has no idea who he is, but thought he was quite attractive and wears his photo in the hopes his ghost might pop by to watch telly with her one day).

NATIVE LANGUAGE: The Queen's English.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Boro: As you enter your room the first thing you notice is that its small, with a stale smell in the air. After a minut unpacking you fell that its ice cold as well. You continue on to the bathroom, and the first thing you notice is the flickering light. The second thing is the used bar of soup lying on the cracked sink with a hair sticking out of it, soon fallowed by your nose cencing smell of urine in the room. And there almost no toilet-paper... Nether can you se any towels, and the shower curtens are half pulled to the floor. This combined with the horrible buss ride would almost make you think that this relative of yours wasn't so rich after all. Checking the bed on a hunch you notes that the sheets have stains of blood on then (the type a couple would leave, not murder committed). You end up standing in the room, bags half unpacked in horror of how bad it is. The only thing good about the room is the view from the window. you see across the lake how the large church towers up into the sky, with the moon shining above it, everything reflected in the water.

J├©rgen and Phyllis end up at the bar together, both being served salmon, which is dripping in fat and served together with slightly overcooked rice and green peas that have a hart and dry center. Image

There is nothing wrong with the rum... except the price of 206kr for the barley filled glas. J├©rgen also gets the feeling that he payed for it twice when the bartender forced him to feed his pincode into the machine a second time mumbling something about it not working the first time. And he didn't give you the recite ether.

The waiter/bartender smiles at you, as if there was nothing wrong at all... Image
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Kelten on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:51 pm

"Not bad, I've been to worse places in my life." (sweet memories of home coming to Boro's head)
"Nevermind, now, as I have my things unpacked let's find something to eat. I'm starving!"
"I hope I won't forget myself and talk like this to myself while with others..."
Boro goes to the bar, hoping for big plate of hot potatoes and well done steak. And some juice. Orange juice preferably.
Last edited by Borys on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:55 pm

"Oh dearie me! Is THIS really the best you people can offer?"

Phyllis prods at it with her fork for a minute or so and then calls the waitress back.

"Yes, hello! I'm not going to eat this, it looks like it's been living in the back of a fridge for longer than you've been alive. Now, please send me a replacement, cooked to better standards or send the chef out to explain."

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:03 pm

*To those who cannot read Swedish, the replies on that site sums up to:
horrible food
Bad service
no heat in the rooms
bad lights
would newer stay there again
REALLY HORRIBLE FOOD!

One guy replies that the hotel was somewhat nice, the rooms were big and you slept well, but you could feel that the building was some 50 years old.

J├©rgen, looking at the fish; *Starts tape recorder in his pocket* "What the hell? I thought you Swedes were as good with salmon as the Norwegians... had I paid for this I would want my money back, and give my my receive for the rum!"
While he waits, he takes pictures of the food.
"And I want to see the kitchen, as is my right!"

**I don't know if it is a right in Sweden, but in Denmark you have the right to see the kitchen of a restaurant or any place where you get served food.
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:09 pm

"Oh! I thought you were one of those foreign folk too! Where did you come from then?"

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:25 pm

The waiter: Image takes a long look at Phyllis as he fishes our a rum recite from the trash.
"I am the chef" he says. "There is nothing wrong with my food" taking back the salmon he offers to make hamburgers instead for the pair of them, as they obviously have something against fish.
As boro arrives you notes that he is served the same plate of salmon you just poked around in.

The chef, that introduced himself as Seeman, dose not offer to show you the kitchen, and bluntly tells you that you have to be a official inspector to get to do that.
Last edited by Kelten on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:42 pm

You know, I think I'll find somewhere else. Phyllis walks over to the receptionist and asks (loudly and slowly) for directions to a local British bar.

"It's probably called the red lion. Look it up for me will you?"

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Boro starts eating. After five minutes plate is empty.
He spots strange guy taking photos of his plate and a woman arguing loudly with bartender.
"They doesn't fit here well... they must have been invited here just like" he says to himself, then checking if nobody heard him. "I'll better talk with them, maybe they can tell me more about this strange situation, also one needs other people to stay sane. And I'm obviously going crazy..."
After making sure nobody notices his inner dialogue he approaches sitting guy (journalist from his outlook) and says:
"Good morning sir, am I right you are not one of locals? Then we have something in common. My name's Boro..."
Boro reaches his hand out to sitting man.
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:27 pm

"And the denied recite? If you forgot to print it, you just go Menu->Records->List->Print->5 and it will print the last 5"

Hearing Phyllis talking about a bar, "Hay could you wait up for 2 min.. I could really use not being here to, and seeing as we are here for the same reason, we might share information?"
-Best regards LAYF

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:48 am

Seeman mumbles something about there not being a second one, and goes on to serve a beer to a man in his forties that just sits down at the bar.

Phyllis gets to the reception, they have shut it down. She spots the receptionist just as she walks out the door, and chases after her out into the dark. At his question she tells him that there are no other bars in town, but if he wants to perches something there is the store coop right next to the buss station.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:39 am

"listen up buddy! There IS a second recite, and it either says 'accepted' or 'denied', so find it, print it, give me my money back or we can talk with the police and the press about this! I keep track of all my transactions, including the failed ones!"

@Kelten:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF