Goblins Minesweepers - A Grave Situation (Turn 19)

Home to all current Forum Games.
LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Re: Goblins Minesweepers - A Grave Situation (Turn 0)

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:13 pm

@Aegis: There will be room next chapter or next round, depending on player activity. As Goska said, check the recruitment thread. :)

@Questions: I couldn't find a suitable hair color, because that greenish skin kind of makes you look like a zombie or a swamp witch. Nevertheless, if you have a specific hair color in mind, feel free to ask for it as it is relatively easy to change.

@Stumbles: you don't have a shield, but you have a jacket. I assumed you equipped that. :)

Turn 1 >>Next Turn

White Metal equips his gear and spawns on A6. He also prays for protection, yet the statue seems to be unmoved by his efforts. Nevertheless, the tile on A6 is a "3", so he is not dead yet, which is a start as good as any. +1XP
Goska starts on B10 and also reveals J8, both containing a "1". +2XP
Flags Mines arrives at F6, which is also a "1". +1XP
Flags Fuses uses his visions on E2, which turns out to be mined! Then he spawns on G2, finding a "2". +2XP
Tries-and-Dies spawns on H6, exploring a "1". DING!
Oh See That Shiny spawns on B2, which turns out to be a mine! But nothing to worry, because Goska has declared his rescue on him, gaining 1XP for both of them. This makes Shiny level up!
Questions Everything begins her journey on I8. Below the dragon statue she finds a "2". The object itself seems to be made out of marble, and it is in a surprisingly good condition. The eyes are unfortunately aren't made of valuable gems. Rather, they are kind of like amber, and gather the daylight only to reflect it in an eerie, reddish glow. +1XP (+1 bonus)
Stumbles around uses her visions on J2, revealing a "3". She then proceeds to spawn on J3, where she lands on a mine. Luckily, her boots go off and she safely lands, holding her shield and her sword.
Supreme High Lord Schnitzel spawns on A9, which turns out to be empty, and thus reveal some other tiles! +5XP (+5xp bonus. DING!)
Blitz Craig finishes shopping and equipping, then spawns on D3, uncovering a "3". +1XP
Dies spawns on A8. Unfortunately to him, this tile has already been explored by Schnitzel so he gains no XP.

Tries-and-Dies sees the following tokens: Visions, a green token with a weapon falling into a hand, shout (hero), greed (evil).
Oh See That Shiny sees the following tokens: Warning, a green token with a figure nimbly moving, a red token with a breaking weapon, and an answering the call.
Schnitzel sees the following tokens: A blue token with a magically shining item, a green run token, greed, and a gold shining token with a figure imprisoned.

Achievements
Schnitzel: "Newcomer's Luck", for instantly reaching level 1 in a game.

Character Sheets:
.[tabs:Blitz Craig]
Jibjib's Blitz Craig
Level 1, XP: 6. Deaths: 2

Active Skills 2/2: evil (use corpse), spelunky (run)
Unused Skills 0/2:
Inventory: 10 / 10 flags, sword, jacket

Hammerspace: 6 coins
[tabs:DiesExplosively]
DiesasaYoungling's DiesExplosively
Level 0, XP: 0. Deaths: 0

Active Skills 0/1:
Unused Skills 0/1:
Inventory: 10 / 10 flags

Hammerspace empty
[tabs: Explore-Randomly]
I'mBob's Explore-Randomly
Level 0, XP: 0. Deaths: 0

Active Skills 0/1:
Unused Skills 0/1:

Hammerspace empty
[tabs:Flags Fuses]
Nerre's Flags Fuses
Level 1, XP: 3. Deaths: 2

Active Skills 2/2: Visions (available at turn 26), hero(return)
Unused Skills 0/2:
Inventory: 10 / 10 flags, Carved Figure of Hiccuping

Hammerspace: 8 coins[/tabs]

.[tabs:Flags Mines]
WearsHats' Flags Mines
Level 2, XP: 6. Deaths: 3

Active Skills 3/3: Call (level 2), Treasure, seer (resist)
Unused Skills 0/3:

Hammerspace: 0 coins, detector
[tabs:*Goska Bluey*]
Davecom3's Goska Bluey
Level 2, XP: 15. Deaths: 2 - Leader Level 1 (2 LP)

Marks: Sign of Goodwill*
Active Skills 3/3: Jump, Rescue, Visions (available at turn 26)
Unused Skills 1/3: Push

Hammerspace: 0 coins, candle, harmonica, whip, Y-shaped stick
*Sign of Goodwill:
Heals an ally (including self) for 2 HP, in a radius of 3 movement range. The leader can't perform another main action this turn, and gains 1 XP upon successful heal if the target is someone else. Additionaly, healing someone will remove one negative status effect.
[tabs:Oh See That Shiny]
Theis2's Oh See That Shiny
Level 2, XP: 0. Deaths: 2

Active Skills 2/3: hero(shout), evil(greed)
Unused Skills 0/3:

Hammerspace: 0 coins, sword, Y-stick, shield, jacket, candy, mouldy bread
[tabs: Questions]
Lee's Questions Everything
Level 0, XP: 2. Deaths: 0

Active Skills 0/1:
Unused Skills 0/1:

Hammerspace empty[/tabs]

.[tabs: Schnitzel]
BadgeAddict's Supreme High Lord Schnitzel
Level 1, XP: 0. Deaths: 0

Active Skills 0/2:
Unused Skills 0/2:

Hammerspace empty[tabs:Stumbles around]
GathersIngredients' Stumbles around
Level 2, XP: 10. Deaths: 2

Active Skills 3/3: Rescue, Jump, Visions
Unused Skills 1/3: evil(greed)
Inventory: 13 / 13 flags, jacket, sword

Hammerspace: 5 coins, 10ft pole, frying pan, pointy stick
[tabs:Tries-and-Dies]
gamecreator's Tries-and-Dies
Level 2 XP: 0. Deaths: 3

Active Skills 2/3: Call, Jump (level 1)
Unused Skills 0/3:
Inventory: 13 / 13 flags

Hammerspace: 6 coins, pebble of teleportation, 10ft pole, jacket, trousers, boots, whip
[tabs:White Metal]
kida's White Metal (white)
Level 1, XP: 14. Deaths: 1

Active Skills 2 / 2: spelunky(run), hero(return)
Unused Skills 1 / 2: unaligned(+1 pow),
Inventory: 9 / 9 flags, trousers, sword

Hammerspace: 5 coins, flute[/tabs]
Last edited by LooksAndSmiles on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

kida
Gives Speeches

Re: Goblins Minesweepers - A Grave Situation (Turn 1)

Post by kida » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:39 pm

White metal flags A7

White metal will go to A7 and dig in the hope to get rescued from the terrible explosion (*wink* Stumbles)
Last edited by kida on Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:41 pm

Schnitzel will take the blue token and the gold token and equip the blue one.

Then he will move to B9.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:42 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Schnitzel will take the blue token?

Then he will move to B8 and places a flag on B7

If I'm doing too much I'm sorry.
You can take 2 tokens and equip one of them.
You can't move and place flag at the same turn. You'l need to choose.

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:08 pm

Craig hops down to D4.
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:33 pm

1? I like those odds. E6 for me.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:55 pm

Sorry, Badge, but you can't move diagonally right now, either. Maybe you'll find a token that allows it in the future? You can also wear only one of those tokens without circling out or getting removed from the field in some other fashion. Still, you have a choice whether to wear one or not, though wearing one will give you an additional ability.

Goska will replace her Visions with Push, and then spawn on C8 with her whip and y-stick, spinning around with her y-stick to see which direction she ends up pointing. She will, then, attempt to rescue Blitz Craig.
Last edited by Davecom3 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DiesasaYoungling
Whispers Softly

Post by DiesasaYoungling » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Dies will flag B7

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:55 pm

You hear a faint rhythmic squeaking in the distance. Slowly a purple goblin bounces into view, her clothes tattered, her spring mechahism filthy with road dust."I finally found you. I'd nearly given up hope." she gasps. Her energy spent, No-Legs teeters over and collapses on the sidelines.

Hi! I suppose it's too much too ask to join in this round, so I figured I'd post something so I can keep track of all the craziness. So glad this game is back, I missed it terribly!

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:17 am

Flags walks to F2. Can you make him green? He was orange in the last games, so brown confused me, especially as he is hard to see on this map. :D
:zzz:

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:31 am

Green token is quite intriguing. However, if it retrieves a weapon from hammerspace, I'm pretty sure it doesn't put it back. So equip Visions and upgrade Jump.
Tries goes to I6.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:27 am

Yes, jacket. Sorry. :oops: And thanks for letting me equip the jacket. :thumbsup:

@ Kida: If you want your char to gain XP rather than gold, you could have White Metal move to A7 and have her dig there (it's a free action, so it would happen at the same turn), and I could have Stumbles declare his rescue on you. Would you like that? You're just 1 XP away from level 2, I think.

I hope the following conditional (in brackets) is okay...
Action:
Stumbles jumps to J5 (unless that is discovered already - e.g. if Tries steps onto an empty square revealing a lot - by the time it is his turn, in which case jump to H3 instead, please).
EDIT: He also declares his rescue on White Metal. :thumbsup:

GathersIngredients wrote:BTW, if someone wearing trousers and/or boots steps on a mine, and someone declared rescue on them, what comes first? The rescue that would also save the trousers/boots (potentially) from being destroyed, or the equip, and only if that fails and the person would still explode, the rescue skill get to be active?
Did you not answer this on purpose before we had this situation, or did you overlook the question? :)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:52 am

@Zigit: Welcome back! I missed your spring legged bow(wo)man! :) You may not join this current map as there are a lot of players on it as it is, but feel free to join in the next one! Remember guys that the more you are the bigger (or more) maps I have to make to accomodate everyone, or you have to put up with waiting lines - I'm not sure which one is a better option.

@Nerre: Yeah that green is quite the camoflage this time, it might be good to change. Which color you had in mind? Please post the #rgb code as words like "green" and "brown" are pretty vague.

@Stumbles:
I didn't overlook it, I just didn't feel like answering for the following reasons:
1) The default rule is that rescuing ALWAYS comes first. (which means your equipment doesn't get the chance to trigger, thus saved.) I think there has been a situation like that earlier, maybe on the old forum which got wiped, can't pinpoint it.
2) However, you guys get a lot of gold and equipment anyway, so you might not mind losing one or two just for the comfort of being able to stay on the map. Of course, if you want to go this harder way, then you should agree upon it by voting, personally I don't mind sticking to the default.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:57 am

FF8000 was the old code, but I don't mind which green. After looking at the colors of the rest something like 40FF40, but all squares close to it look nearly the same on my monitor. :D

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:59 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:54 am

Shiny equips warning and all his gear and takes the green and nimble token. He then spawns on A1
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:44 am

LooksAndSmiles wrote:@Zigit: Welcome back! I missed your spring legged bow(wo)man! :) You may not join this current map as there are a lot of players on it as it is, but feel free to join in the next one! Remember guys that the more you are the bigger (or more) maps I have to make to accomodate everyone, or you have to put up with waiting lines - I'm not sure which one is a better option..
I was fine with the waiting line. I thought the only reason we didn't have one this time was that there were fewer players signed up. I didn't realize you'd decided to remove them entirely.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:28 am

WearsHats wrote: I was fine with the waiting line. I thought the only reason we didn't have one this time was that there were fewer players signed up. I didn't realize you'd decided to remove them entirely.
The problem with waiting lines is that it's quite hard to decide how long should it be. In these 10something X 10something maps the ideal number of players is about 8 - 10, which means 2-4 players in waiting a line. Now, if the map is too easy or the players are skilled, players could stay in the line forever and eventually get bored. If the map is too hard and people rotate around quickly, then you eventually lose the sense of progression and might aswell just jump on mines deliberately because "why should I care?", which would be detrimental for the intended purpose of the game... So the best solution I can see is either having a huge map for everyone to play, or have separate maps... People have to be involved continously, imho.

@Gathers
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:33 am

My teamplay sense says saving as much gear and xp as possible is better. life don't matter, as we can always come back. Except the other guy picked to many evil skills and works against the others. Then maybe you could decide he earned it. But I hope nobody will pick that path.
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lee
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Lee » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:54 am

Questions studies the Dragons eyes fascinated with the craftsmanship that allows the gems to reflect the light so brilliantly. But wait What's this? Broken pillars? What could they be for? A grave memorial? A building? Remnants of a long lost civilization?! Forever onward in the quest for knowledge, She bounces excitedly over to I9 to search the broken pillar.

@LaS- I like the color you picked for her hair, I think Questions looks great.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:14 am

► Show Spoiler

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:33 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:
@ Kida: If you want your char to gain XP rather than gold, you could have White Metal move to A7 and have her dig there (it's a free action, so it would happen at the same turn), and I could have Stumbles declare his rescue on you. Would you like that? You're just 1 XP away from level 2, I think.
I'll accept your offer :) I'll edit my post

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:09 pm

Great, I edited mine, too. :thumbsup:
► Show Spoiler

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:09 pm

*forgot to check this thread after he'd asked* Hmmm. This looks... interesting, I guess. I'll have Badge poke me at the next available map and do that one...

And it just gave me an idea for a spinoff game, too, given I've been playing a lot of Spleunky as of late...
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:03 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:And it just gave me an idea for a spinoff game, too, given I've been playing a lot of Spleunky as of late...
I played a lot of Spelunky too. I could NEVER get through the jungle tho', and it's only the friggin 2nd map... :D