Surviving Castle Heterodyne

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Surviving Castle Heterodyne

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:31 am

Introduction
In a time of science and technology, there exist those individuals who have the spark of mad genius. These sparks have created some of the most impressive devices Europa has ever seen... as well as most of the devices that have leveled cities and extinguished civilizations. This is the world in which we find ourselves, dear readers, and these are the sort of individuals we will follow as they navigate their way through the mazes of the Castle, as well as the mazes of their own minds. We will follow six sparks who have run afoul of the law and been sentenced to imprisonment within Castle Heterodyne. The Castle has fallen into disrepair without a Heterodyne in residence, and sparks of varying strength and sanity are routinely thrust inside to deal with the issues that arise from the degradation of the once proud building. The Castle Heterodyne is not just any castle, but a castle that has sentient systems and defenses. However, it has become fragmented and is often at odds with itself. It is thought that the Castle will only truly be able to be repaired once a true Heterodyne returns, until then the sparks imprisoned there do what they can to keep the safer portions functional, and avoid being killed by the more dangerous portions.

Until recently, sparks sent to the castle were just sent in with the full knowledge and capabilities they had prior to capture. This has seemed to prove problematic at times, as this often led to conflict. No mad genius wants to take orders from another, as they often view everyone else as inferior to themselves and potential minions. To this end, Sector 8G has been set up to run a series of trials that involve wiping the mind of the sparks before inserting them into the Castle. The first round went horribly. As far as was able to be determined, all wiped sparks were killed as soon as they left the initial room. It turns out if you give a genius a complete mind wipe, they aren't so good at staying one step ahead of a castle that is actively trying to kill them. For the next round of sparks, it was decided to perform only a partial mind wipe, decreasing their abilities enough that they will need to rely on each other to survive by pooling their skills and talents, but not so much that they die within the day.

Hopefully this round of 'test subjects' will fare better...

So, dear reader... let us meet our characters in this adventure in mad science and mayhem! Without further ado, here are the sparks for you to root for or root against!

Girl Genius, Heterodyne, Castle Heterodyne, sparks, clanks and all other such terms belong to Phil and Kaja Foglio and their use here does not imply anything other than that their "Girl Genius" comic is awesome, and so are they.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:52 am, edited 6 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Surviving Castle Heterodyne

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:32 am

Characters

More detail on items/equipment will be provided in in-game inventory tabs...
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:31 am, edited 23 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:32 am

Rules and Leveling/Crafting System
Stats/Gameplay
Players will start with:
Attack: 1
Defense: 1
HP: 10
One level in an Innate Skill

HP may be regained by resting within the sleeping quarters. Sparks are also a hardy bunch, more so than 'normal' humans, and have a 10% chance to regain 1 HP per turn.

Attempting a task (reading a book, building a device, etc) will take place in 15 minute rounds, while any characters engaged in exploration or combat will be be able progress thought as many rounds as the GM deems reasonable to take place in ~15 minutes (cautiously sneaking down a dark hallway would take up more of the turn than one round of combat).

Skill Leveling/Crafting

Players can attempt to accomplish a wide variety of crafting and building related tasks. In addition to any component or tool requirements, the task will be assigned a certain number of Completion Points (CP) needed to finish the task based on the complexity of the task (and at the GM's discretion). As such, the more descriptive the player is, the more engaging it will be in terms of the story, as well as making it easier to assign an appropriate number of completion points.
CP will be gained by rolling dice according to skills possessed by the player. The minimum dice roll would be 1d3 for a player attempting a task unrelated to any skill disciplines they have a level in. Many tasks may benefit from experience in multiple skill disciplines, as the dice rolled each round are additive for each level in relevant skills.
Upon completing a task, the player will gain Skill Points (SP) towards that skill discipline. After accruing a sufficient number of SP, they will level up in that skill, allowing them to make higher dice rolls on all subsequent tasks impacted by that discipline.
CP and SP levels will be determined on an ongoing basis, as I attempt to find a level of balance for the game that keeps it fun, challenging, and allows for player accomplishment.

For example, a player with no relevant skills wants to build a crude spear by sharpening a pointy end onto a stick. They are considered Unskilled, and are only able to make rolls of 1d3. Crafting the spear is determined (by the GM) to constitute a 6 CP task. Since they have no real understanding or skill related to the task, it takes the player 4 turns (rolling 2,2,1,1 = 6 CP / 6 CP needed) to complete the Crude Spear, and they gain SP in Weaponcraft and Woodworking.

Another player checks out the sweet spear, and decides they want one of their own. This player has done some carving and building, and reached Woodworking Level 1, and is able to make rolls of 1d5 on all Woodworking tasks. Her skill allows her to complete the spear in only two turns (4,3 = 7 CP/6 CP needed, any excess beyond the CP needed cannot be applied to other tasks and doesn't affect SP returned). She also gains SP towards leveling her Weaponcraft and Woodworking skills.

Again, CP and SP are in flux and may be adjusted as needed to balance the game...
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:00 pm

And so, our story begins...

It was raining again. It always seemed to rain whenever he had to take sparks to the Castle. The old soldier blew droplets out of his grizzled mustache with disgust as he flicked the reins and the cart lurched into motion up the street. Rain and sparks... could it get any worse? His sighs grew more and more audible the closer the old worn down horse and cart squelched towards the Castle, reaching the back where six hooded figures were securely chained and bound to the hard wooden boards. Their hoods were sound cancelling, at least in as much as the wearer could hear, but not be heard. For that the old driver was grateful. Before some spark had invented those hoods, he'd had to listen to every spark he transported rant about how they were going to get free, track him down, turn him inside out, turn him into a clank, turn him into a gigantic frog, blah, blah, blah. Bit of poetry that those same hoods had been used to muffle their inventor on his ride to the Castle.

One last turn and the cart began heading up the long, winding passage up to the front gate of the imposing castle perched on the mound of rock looming over the city. Double checking his orders, the soldier turned at the gate and circled around to what appeared to be an old well cover, nodding at the sentry on duty. These madboys were the next recruits to Sector 8G... poor saps. He couldn't give two mimmoth turds about what happened to sparks (excepting a true Heterodyne, of course), but even he felt a bit sorry for them after what happened to the last bunch that was sent down 8G.

"What've ya got for me today, Bill?", the sentry asked, breaking the old soldier from his thoughts.

"More madboys for the hole.", he replied, spitting over the side of the cart, arcing it between the drooping ends of his mustache. "I guess they didn't wipe 'em as hard this time..."

He pulled up to halt the horse and tied off the reins before slowly standing and stretching. He was getting to be too old to be out in the rain bouncing around on this brutally hard seat... it certainly wasn't doing his back any favors. After climbing down the side of the cart, he approached the sentry, pulling the transfer orders from within his coat. "Looks like I've got 374 through 379.", he remarked, holding the paperwork out to the sentry. Raindrops hitting the parchment beaded up and rolled off, leaving the paper completely dry. Sure, of course they can waterproof transfer orders, but getting him a cart with a bit of protection from the rain was completely out of the question.

The sentry took offered papers and flipped through then, his eyes scanning the orders and matching prisoner numbers up with the numbers marked on the prison outfits of the bound sparks.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
"Pheeew! Haven't seen an 11+ in a while!" , the sentry remarked, his eyes widening with surprise.

"Yeah, used to be a city employee until he went off and started zapping folks... That tends to get you fired."

"Let's get 'em out of the cart and down the hole. You headed back down? My shift is over soon, give me a ride and I'll cover your first round at The Wounded Goose?"

The old soldier smiled for the first time all day. "That sounds like a fine idea!"

With the promise of a warm fire to dry them out and a pair of frothy mugs to do the opposite, the two set to unshackling the prisoners, and walking them to the well cover, which was actually revealed to pull back when the false bolts were pressed in the right order to reveal a steeply sloping tunnel that ran down into the darkness. Each prisoner was seated on the rim, their hood and shackles removed and then nudged forward into the tunnel. Of course they started ranting or pleading as soon as the hood was removed, but there was something satisfying about hearing their voices fade into nothingness as the slipped deep into the bowels of the Castle. Once the last spark was down the chute, they tossed five small wrapped bundles down into the darkness behind them, just as another sentry was walking up.

"Shift's over Ted, see you tomorrow.", remarked the newcomer as he assumed the sentry position. Bill and Ted climbed aboard the cart to head down to The Wounded Goose. It even seemed as if the rain was starting to let up.

Meanwhile, within Castle Heterodyne...

All six sparks tumbled out of the chute into a small chamber maybe fifteen meters long and ten across, the floor of which was covered in a softly glowing blue moss. The moss seems to rise in a regular series of elongate mounds, five down each side of the room. Once the bundles followed them into the room, the wall seemed to fold in on itself, sealing the the chamber. There would obviously be no way to go back the way they came in. On the wall opposite their arrival is a small arched doorway set with wooden door, slightly ajar. Flanking it to the right is a larger open archway, which seems to lead into another room, but the glow of the moss is not sufficient to pierce the gloom.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Starting inventories. I'll be posting this after my updates so you always have this info handy.

.[tabs: Gabe (WearsHats) ]
ATT: 1
DEF:1
HP:10/10
Skills:
  • Propellers Lvl 1 (1d4 CP on related skill tasks)
Items: (bold indicates items that are currently equipped)
  • Prison Uniform - Embroidered with "No. 00374"
[tabs: Bunn (LAYF)]
Skills:
  • Mechanical Potential Energy Lvl 1 (1d4 CP on related skill tasks)
  • Prison Uniform - Embroidered with "No. 00375"
[tabs: Sam (BadgeAddict)]
Skills:
  • Clockworks Lvl 1 (1d4 CP on related skill tasks)
  • Prison Uniform - Embroidered with "No. 00376"
  • Clockwork Stilts - They make him taller!
[tabs: Ursula (nikohl)]
Skills:
  • Disassembly Lvl 1 (1d4 CP on related skill tasks)
  • Prison Uniform - Embroidered with "No. 00377"
[tabs: August (Alaen)]
Skills:
  • Weaponcraft Lvl 1 (1d4 CP on related skill tasks)
  • Prison Uniform - Embroidered with "No. 00378"
[tabs: Hieronymus (nerre)]
Skills:
  • Capacitors Lvl 1 (1d4 CP on related skill tasks)
  • Prison Uniform - Embroidered with "No. 00379"
  • Subdermal Capacitors (Discharged) - six, located on chest, shoulders and upper arms
  • Charge Catchers - antennae-like, located on forehead
  • Electric Torch - located on forehead
  • Handy Electodes - located on each palm, seem to be connected to Subdermal Capacitors
[/tabs]
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:52 pm

"Oh... for the love of leaking compressors how could they do that!" Bunn said with a voice filled with disgust as he picked up his items and then started running around the room, already looking for some things, apparently some specific things, seeing as he continued shortly after "Well? Don't just stand there, give me some help... we need to find some paper... in a hurry... And soft mind you all! I have a very delicate skin, but there is no way I'll let my arse go around only partially wiped! How disgusting!" He looked up as he ran around... "That goes for the rest of you too! It seems we are going to be sleeping in here together, and there is no way I'll be sleeping with a bunch of arse smelling dangle berry gardens next to me!"

OOC:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:23 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:41 pm

► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:34 am

"Mein gott, man! Have you no decency, no restraint? Stop running around like a demented chicken and compose yourself. I had a notebook with very important designs... If you'll help me locate it, and stop saying 'arse', I shall let you have a blank page!" Ursula will look around the room for anything that might be her possessions, or anything that can be used as toilet paper.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:33 am

"Verdammt nochmal!" Hiero curses loudly and grabs a bundle, checking what is inside. Did the at least have the decency to give them some tools. He can't believe they took his tool belt. How rude. One of the worst things to do to a spark. "You tell them that the Wulfenbachs take over the city once and WOOPS you are sitting in this run down castle. Great, just great. Narrowminded simpletons with their three dimensional view. Bah! They have no idea what is going on. Or will be going on. Or was? No, not was. Whatever. Does anybody have some tools?" he asks, while searching through the bundles. "I feel so naked without them." If he finds some tools he will keep them. If he finds any paper, he will hand it over and say "Here, and now shut up about your arse, please be so kind, or I will fry it!"

OOC: Nice to bring some original girl genious flair in here by using german. At least something it is good for in here. ;)
:zzz:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:01 am

"Paper? Are you all mad? Well, okay, I suppose you are. But I thought we were supposed to be sparks here. We all want to look for things, I'm sure, but has it occurred to you that we'd have an easier time looking if we had more light?"

Gabe will look around for a lantern, or something with which to make one. Failing that (since it seems we're in a mostly empty anteroom), he will investigate the door, and, if satisfied that there are no obvious traps, he'll cautiously open it wide enough to have a look through.
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:16 am

Sam slowly stood up and tried to dust himself off which ended up putting him into a sneezing fit. He attempted to look around the small room but found that all he could see was a dull glow that emanated from almost the entire room. ÔÇ£Ack, IÔÇÖve lost my glassesÔÇØ he said with a squeal. Sam quickly ran over to what he hoped was a pile of supplies and began shuffling through them. ÔÇ£Hmm, how odd, a pair of bio-technology balloonsÔÇØ he said as he squeezed the round soft things which protruded from a pile of clothing. Continuing to dig, he quickly realized that this was actually a person and not a pile of tools. He apologized with a small squeak as his cheeks turned a bright shade of red, luckily the darkness hid this from the others. Moving again to a different pile which someone else was digging through he finally found the bag which contained his glasses which he placed on his small round face. Sam took the rest of the things, and then after realizing that he had no pockets, took the bag instead.

Sam began looking around the small cramped room at the fellows that he had been thrown down here with and ÔÇ£AhhÔÇØ he squealed as he saw the mostly naked man ÔÇ£Of all the indignities, throwing me down here with a bunch of hooligans and a naked manÔÇØ he grumbled to himself.

As his eyes rested on the glowing moss his eyes grew wider and a little squeal involuntarily escaped his lips. ÔÇ£oooh, bio-luminescenceÔÇØ he said as he brushed his hands over the moss. He took a small piece of the moss and licked it in an attempt to understand its magical properties.

As the noise level increased as people stood up and began to lament their situation, Sam held the side of his head feigning a headache and headed for the door which led into the next room. Sometimes he wondered why he preferred to work alone, and he found himself reminded of that reason.

As he approached the door, another one of the people who had been thrown down here with him went to it and opened. Thinking that the man knew of him due to his success in the field of science and technology Sam nodded at him as he passed "Thank you dear chap, carry on" and headed through the door with an air of one who thought he was a king.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:22 am

"Paper? Are you all mad? Well, okay, I suppose you are. But I thought we were supposed to be sparks here. We all want to look for things, I'm sure, but has it occurred to you that we'd have an easier time looking if we had more light?"
"I was born with more light. To be honest, no, it was only attached later, but I got light. But no power to let it shine. If somebody can create a spark to charge my capacitors, I can give you all the light you want. Anybody got wool or rubber?" Hiero asks, trying to rub his boots on several surfaces, trying to create enough static electricity to charge him enough to power his headlight. His headlight flickes a few time, but he has not enough power left. The really meant it when they said they will drain him.

If they cannot do anything like that, Hiero will try to chew some of the bio-luminescent moss, analyzing if the chemicals inside might react stronger if he grinds it, so they can better get in contact with each other. Then he spits the glowing pulp on his hand to see more of his surroundings.

"Don't go in there yet, we have to make sure we can at least do basic things. The castle is very dangerous!"

(We need an equivalent of about 2-3 normal AA batteries, so it is not that much. A bicycle dynamo could do it with ease and power about 300-800 lux, which is pretty bright and equals modern head lamps).

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:32 am

"I say, Sir! Unhand me this instant!" grumbled Ursula, as a small man started to rather animatedly grapple her chest. She bodychecked him away, though not too roughly, then stared disapprovingly as he changed direction and began to rummage through the sack that she could see contained her belongings. She flapped her hands at him until he picked a different bundle, and snatched up hers. She drew out her notepad triumphantly, then examined the rest of the contents. "Hmm... They've taken several of my components, but at least they've left me with Iris." She wound up the little ballerina clank and stood it on her palm, so that it could spin and play its song. After listening for a few seconds, she tore a blank page from the back of her notepad and thrust it unceremoniously towards Bunn. "Here - if you'd be so kind as to avail yourself of my paper OUT of my sight, I would take it as a personal favour."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:45 am

"Yours? Why did they give us one less than our count is? Oh wait. No! This is not fair!" Hiero complained, after he had rummaged through all bundles and obviously none of them contained anything that belonged to him. "The took my tools. My precious tools. I expected to at least get them back once I am inside here. I had a first edition hand engraved plier from Barry Heterodyne! It was the finest one I ever had. It did never melt if you cut a live wire and created a short circuit, no matter how high the current was. These aren't my tools. Here, have them back, whomever they belong." he sobs a bit, wanting to tear his hair, but as he got none, he puts a patch of glow moss on his hand and then tears on that.
Then he forces himself to get it together. A patch of moss remains on his head, held there by the two antennas.
"I need electricity. Power. Strom. Volt. Watt! Then I can give you light. Lady whats-your-name, can your little dancer thing maybe generate a low power current? Anybody got some wire and a magnet so we can build a basic generator? Oh wait, I could bend one of my antennas. Then she just would have to hold a magnet and rotate inside the bend. If nobody has a magnet, any piece of iron or copper might do. We can bang it on the ground, that might align its atoms well enough."
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:47 am

I don't want to post too far ahead without Alaen, but I'll update a few things based on your initial actions.

With the activity of Bunn Bunn running around the room looking for toilet paper (he finds none), and the others searching their surroundings, the intensity of the glow coming from the moss gradually increases until the small room is well lit. It appears to respond to activity... which would be mighty handy for a sleeping chamber. ;)

Ursula looks for her possessions and sees the five unmarked bundles, other than that and her fellow sparks, all the room seems to contain is glowing moss.

Hiero rips open a bundle and inspects the contents. Inside he finds:
  • A bundle of clothes embroidered on the collar with "UvW"
  • A small clank wearing tights and a frilly skirt
  • A rolled bundle that likely contains tools
  • A slim notebook with a pen in its spine
  • A 30cm long rod with holes in it and what appears to be a mouthpiece at the end
He steals the bundle of tools, and chucks the notebook over his shoulder at Bunn, shouting threats about frying arses.

Gabe looks around for a lantern, but as the moss slowly starts becoming brighter, realizes he doesn't need one. He approaches the smaller (completely mundane, untrapped) door and cracks it open...
► Show Spoiler
...and finds a room with a low stone bench to the left, partially carpeted in what seems to be the same moss, as it's glow began to increase with the opening of the door. The bench seems to have a hole cut out of the center, and on the far wall growing down over a ledge (within easy reach for someone sitting on the bench) is a curtain of a different sort of moss. This moss is tan in color and looks extremely soft and welcoming. On the other side of the back wall, a steady stream of water plunges over a rock outcropping, splashing softly into a pool below.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:51 am

Can this please happen before my last post? I don't want him to steal anything. Well at least not now. :D

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:54 am

Nerre wrote:Can this please happen before my last post? I don't want him to steal anything. Well at least not now. :D
This was from your first post
If he finds some tools he will keep them. If he finds any paper, he will hand it over and say "Here, and now shut up about your arse, please be so kind, or I will fry it!"
I rolled a d6, and the pack you grabbed initially belonged to Ursula. I followed your actions and you looted her stuff. You are welcome to give it back.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:57 am

okay, edited the giving back into the last post. I really did not see that this were our individual backpacks, sorry nikohl.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:58 am

Nerre wrote:okay, edited the giving back into the last post. I really did not see that this were our individual backpacks, sorry nikohl.
They were unmarked bundles... no way to know until someone opens one. :)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:01 am

Realizing that he had just walked into a commode, Sam quickly steps back out and tries to explain his apparent haste in walking through the doorway that the man had opened "looks good inside, carry on man, just inspecting the place". Grabbing the side of his head again to feign a pain pounding in his temples, Sam walks through the archway to explore their new home prison.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:13 am

"No, you may not co-opt Iris into your ridiculous head contraption, young man. I never heard such audacity." Ursula sniffs in disdain at the man who asked to take her clank so soon after getting his grubby hands all over the rest of her possessions, and waddles away holding her bundle of equipment. She sits on one of the lumps of moss and attempts to modify the sack bundle into a usable backpack or satchel.

(Ooc: making actual actions italic for easy spotting... Will try and remember to always do it, might forget though.)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:19 am

Sam groped Ursula, provoking an AoO, but she opted just for a bodycheck. Rummaging through a pack, he luckily managed to grab his own, and picks up:
  • His clothes
  • His magnifying glasses
  • A pair of long forceps
  • A small pouch filled with assorted clockwork gears and parts
  • An unmarked bag
He tries some moss. And it's dreadful. Sam jostles for position to be first in line for the toilet.

Hiero tries scuffing his boots on things, only to find out that he is barefoot, and wearing no boots. He decides to chew on some moss, and makes the same discovery as Sam. That stuff is awful. Like really, really gross. Almost as if it ISN'T something meant for eating.
► Show Spoiler
Ursula, after securing her bosom from the tiny man, turns her attention to the rummaged through bundle that she sees lying beside her. She scoops up her ballerina clank, clothes and recorder, then retrieves her notebook from where it landed, ripping out a blank page for Bunn to use.

Hiero does some vigorous ranting, then puts some of the glowing moss on his head before ranting some more. If he's attempting to convince anyone he isn't an 11+, he's not off to a good start.

Sam backs out of the toilet room and approaches the other doorway.

Hey guys, can we put further updates on hold for a bit? Give Alaen a chance to post something. I love the enthusiasm, but posting multiple times makes it tough for me if I had something planned to happen and we blow right by... And tough for players that are only able to be on their computer for a certain window of the day. This is my first time GMing, so I'll try to be clearer if things should be done in turn (like choose a pack to open and inspect the contents).

I don't see where Hiero gave Ursula back her Kit, but since I know it was your intention, it is reflected in the inventory lists below.

.[tabs: Gabe (WearsHats) ]
Skills:
  • Propellers Lvl 1 (1d4 CP on related skill tasks)
  • Prison Uniform - Embroidered with "No. 00374"
[tabs: Bunn (LAYF)]
Skills:
  • Mechanical Potential Energy Lvl 1 (1d4 CP on related skill tasks)
  • Prison Uniform - Embroidered with "No. 00375"
[tabs: Sam (BadgeAddict)]
Skills:
  • Clockworks Lvl 1 (1d4 CP on related skill tasks)
  • Prison Uniform - Embroidered with "No. 00376"
  • Clockwork Stilts - They make him taller!
  • SamÔÇÖs Clothes
  • Glasses with Magnifying Lens
  • Long Pair of Forceps
  • Small Pouch of Assorted Clockwork Parts
  • An Unmarked Bag
[tabs: Ursula (nikohl)]
Skills:
  • Disassembly Lvl 1 (1d4 CP on related skill tasks)
  • Prison Uniform - Embroidered with "No. 00377"
  • Iris the Ballerina Clank
  • IrisÔÇÖs Clothes
  • Instrument: Recorder
  • Notebook and Pen
  • Unmarked Bag
  • Disassembly Kit - Screwdrivers, spanners, scissors, etc. Pretty much the basics to taking things apart
[tabs: August (Alaen)]
Skills:
  • Weaponcraft Lvl 1 (1d4 CP on related skill tasks)
  • Prison Uniform - Embroidered with "No. 00378"
[tabs: Hieronymus (nerre)]
Skills:
  • Capacitors Lvl 1 (1d4 CP on related skill tasks)
  • Prison Uniform - Embroidered with "No. 00379"
  • Subdermal Capacitors (Discharged) - six, located on chest, shoulders and upper arms
  • Charge Catchers - antennae-like, located on forehead
  • Electric Torch - located on forehead
  • Handy Electodes - located on each palm, seem to be connected to Subdermal Capacitors
  • Glowing Moss Toupee (Blue)
[/tabs]
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:45 am

There are 3 unopened packs. Hiero didn't have time to rummage through them all. Maybe he felt them all and knew his stuff wasn't in there since he wasn't picking up any charge? Either way, Sam's pack has been opened and claimed, Ursula's has been opened and claimed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:53 am

After her initial assessment reveals the next necessary steps, Ursula will use her scissors and cut the bottom hems off her prison uniform trousers, to use as straps for her new backpack. (An inch or two.)