Surviving Castle Heterodyne

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: Surviving Castle Heterodyne

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 am

"So, how did the spark hit you? What are you good in?" Hiero floats a question.
:zzz:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:02 am

Gabe will investigate the remaining packs and aid in their distribution to their respective owners.
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:17 am

Ok. Last update. Then we wait until Alaen has a chance. I mean it. Anyone who posts before Alaen gets eaten by a grue. A grue that is TOTALLY waiting in the next room. >:D

@Alaen: You may post a series of actions if you would like.

Gabe grabs a pack and opens it up. Inside he finds:
  • Men's Clothes
  • Long Coat -with lots of pockets!
  • A Pair of Goggles - interchangeable lenses
  • A Small Wooden Box
  • A Pocket Watch
The inside collar of the coat is marked with "AG" in gray thread.

I'll be posting Crafting tasks within labeled spoilers so to not crowd the rest of the update.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:02 am

Edit: I just wanted to post something quick before the weekend. :(
You put a death-sentence-stop to the game not all might see (like me), cause somebody can not post as quick as the others. Fun fact: I can often not post on a weekend, so squeezing one last post in is a similar situation than Alaen was in. Some can post more on the weekend, other during the week. Happens, not everybody is available 24/7.
On top of that, the part with the grue read like it was a joke, beside not knowing what a grue is. A lot of GMs make jokes like that, so a sincere warning should like it is a sincere warning. I am a bit stunned by the hard overreaction and punishment. :(
So if you decide my char does live again somehow, post this when you think we can post again. I won't post until monday:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:12 am

A rampant grue rushes from the large archway to the other room, knocking Sam over on it's way to Hieronymus and his moss experiment. It rends his head from his shoulders, throwing it against the nearest wall, then grabs his body and consumes it in one gulp, quickly enough that it is able to turn its head and catch Hiero's head in its jaws as it rebounds off the wall... a stupefied look locked on his face.
Just as its jaws closed on his arm, a section of wall opens up and a grappling hook shoots out, piercing the grue's hide. The hook abruptly yanks the grue out of sight, then the wall closes back up.

"Oh, hello dearies, I didn't hear you come in! Sorry about that grue, I don't know how it got in here! I'm part of the Castle... you may call me Castlina."

Hiero's Glowing Moss Toupee (blue) fell off when he was brutally ravaged by the grue. , and is available for looting, but the rest of the party is too stunned to act. Except for August. He can totally do something right now if he wants to, so he could probably call dibs on that sweet toupee.

Hieronymus has taken 1 DMG and is at 9 HP.
You were warned.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:26 am

OOC
► Show Spoiler
August is fuming! This is an outrage! He is a hero, not some petty criminal to be thrown into the castle!
He sighes inwardly. Not only is he stuck in this deathtrap with only the decidedly dubious help from his fellow inmates, but the wardens didn't even let him keep his gear. How in the world is he supposed to fix anything without a moderately sized deathray?!

While the others scrambled around clamoring about toilet paper and other such nonsense, August quietly assesses the situation. The room they arrived in seemed to be a resting area and at least for the moment safe. As for his "companions":The propeller man and the woman seemed reasonable enough. The same could not be said for the inexplicably naked one and the guy with an antenna in his head. He wasnt sure about the tiny man on stilts, but he seemed to be a bit more in the less than sane faction.

Seeing the propeller man rummage through his pack he got active, barging him out of the way and taking his pack. "I'll take that."
Putting on his clothes and coat and putting his possessions into the corresponding pockets improved his mood a bit, while realizing that the wardens even took his hidden lucky knife dropped it again.
The sudden arrival of the grue startles him a bit and he instinctively reaches for his weapons before realizing he doesnt have any. "Note to myself: Rectify that as soon as possible."

Realizing that venturing forward seem too dangerous right now, he will stay in the room for now and wait for things to unfold.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:32 am

"Well. That was a shade interesting, wasnt it?" opines Ursula, as she begins to knot the strips of material onto her sack, intent on making it usable before she goes anywhere. Once she is done, she will tip her personal clothes out of the sack. "Gentlemen, if you wouldn't mind facing away for a moment, I wish to put on my own clothes. I would use our bathroom, but I am worried that another of those things is in there. Oh and by the way - dibs on that guy's stuff."

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:40 am

The Grue that had run from the wall had scared Sam to the point of Death. A shrill squeal came from his lips as he was bum-rushed by a creature that was about the same size as he was. Sam quickly stood and once again began brushing the dirt off of his already dirty clothing. "despicable, being forced to wear such a....such a horrible looking outfit with a stupid little number on it, I have a name" Sam muttered to himself as he shook his small clenched fist at the ceiling in what he hoped was the general direction of of the people who had dumped him in the wretched place.

Composing himself after his small spell of anger, Sam set his glasses once more in their proper place after they had been knocked from his face by the gruesome creature. "mmm, at least there isn't blud everywhere, I hate the sight of blud" he told himself and then responded to himself with "yes..mmm...yes, blud is very nasty stuff, very difficult to get out of your clothing" which he then wrapped up with "I couldn't have said it better myself".

Once composed, Sam continued on his initial path of exploring into the next area through the archway while muttering to himself about how dark it was.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:46 am

Gabe blinks and takes a moment to recover from the sudden flurry of action. (Both the grue and having the pack snatched away from him.) He nods graciously to August. "Yes, of course, my good man. Take what is rightfully yours. I'm merely trying to help everyone get their proper belongings. Seeing luggage to its proper owners is, after all, the family business.

"And, certainly, good lady, I will avert my gaze. However, if you want, I volunteer to help secure the WC. After all, it is in all our interests to ensure that particular place is safe.

"Last but certainly not least, Castlina. I am Gabe. It's... uhm, good to make your acquaintance (I hope). Thank you for saving us from the Grue. Is there anything else we should know about the immediate vicinity? Once we get ourselves safely settled in, we will, I'm sure, be at your service."

► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:49 am

"Well did you not hear them you morones? Before we got here and... well I cannot remember it... but apparently they took us on the toilet and did not even wipe us properly!" Bun Bun says furious that anyone would yell at him just for being a bit sanitary!

What was that again? you do not happen to spring load those doors did you Castlina? he reacts some seconds after the guru is gone and and the castles voice has spoken. then walks over where the wall shot close and seems sad that he cannot force it open with his fingers. then looks at Ursula "A tad? no madam, it was very interesting, interesting, really sad and disappointing, I'm sure there is a lot of mechanical weights and springs in there, But I'm afraid we cannot get to them!"
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:50 am

► Show Spoiler
August springs into action, securing his belongings, such as they remained. He seems a bit upset that so much has been taken from him.

Sam enters the next room and is pleased to note that there appears to be the same glowing moss here, although this time it is hanging from the ceiling and the floor is made of large stone blocks. On the left are two sets of shelves, which seem to be stocked with various boxes and jars. On the far wall hangs a skillet and large pot, as well as a large ladle. Beside them is what might be a stove. To the right is a large wooden door, with a large handle and keyhole.
► Show Spoiler
"Last but certainly not least, Castlina. I am Gabe. It's... uhm, good to make your acquaintance (I hope). Thank you for saving us from the Grue. Is there anything else we should know about the immediate vicinity? Once we get ourselves safely settled in, we will, I'm sure, be at your service."

Castlina's friendly voice wraps around them. "Oh, hello Gabe! It's nice to meet you, it's been so long since I've had any visitors, and they ended up not staying here for long.... a girl can get pretty lonely down here all by herself. Sorry about that grue by the way, I hope that other fellow isn't too damaged. I'm ashamed to say that somehow it snuck past my defenses... grues are tricky like that you know... or maybe you don't, if you've never seen a grue before. As far as things you ought to know, I can see you've already found the sleeping area, and a place to... er... relieve yourselves. And the small fellow with the legs seems to have found the pantry. Other than that, the only place you haven't found yet is the workshop!"

What was that again? you do not happen to spring load those doors did you Castlina? he reacts some seconds after the guru is gone and and the castles voice has spoken. then walks over where the wall shot close and seems sad that he cannot force it open with his fingers. then looks at Ursula "A tad? no madam, it was very interesting, interesting, really sad and disappointing, I'm sure there is a lot of mechanical weights and springs in there, But I'm afraid we cannot get to them!"

Her tone sharply becomes more abrupt, "I say! You're no gentleman, to be digging your grubby fingers about in a lady's parts! And after I saved you from that grue! You'd best behave, or I'll pull you in to keep it company! If you wish to play 'See Your Insides', I can guarantee that I'll win." It's clear that you won't be able to scavenge any parts from within Castlina's walls.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
There are two remaining unopened bundles.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Gabe will open the next pack. (If play continues when I'm not around - I'll be going to bed in the next couple of hours - you can assume that he'll open the last pack if no one else does. Also, the offer to examine the WC for danger remains open.)

"Castlina, I would not dig around in your parts without permission, but I do believe we were sent here to effect repairs. Is there anything you need looked at? Also, can you direct me to the workshop? I'd love to see what's there."

He also turns to Bun Bun. "And you, sir. Why are you naked, and why do you keep looking at me funny?"

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:55 pm

"Well I wouldn't expect that you would, Gabe, but if you could keep that other fellow in line, I would greatly appreciate it. The workshop is through the kitchen and pantry area... but you might have some trouble getting in there just now..."
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:00 pm

"Oh? Why would that be?" Gabe attempts to keep his voice as casual and neutral as possible.

► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:00 pm

August made a mental note to adress the propeller man as "Gabe".
Leaving the conversing with a psychotic castle to this Gabe fellow, he will search the kitchen for a knife or other weapon suitable tool.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Ursula will take some time out from her backpack-making to check the last unopened bundle.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:52 pm

As Sam looks at the things in the kitchen his tummy begins to rumble, reminding him of the small sandwich that he had eaten before being dumped in this horrible place. Sam put aside the thought of food that threatened to take him away from his current goal of finding someplace to hole up in to work on his...things. Sam continues onward in search of this workshop that the voice coming from the walls mentioned. Though, remembering that she mentioned that it wasn't quite available, Sam slowly walks over to the doorway and peers inside trying his best to remain silent.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:32 am

"Hu? Private parts? I... do not follow? I did not see any employee onlys sig?" Bunn Bunn looks like he understands nothing of what is going one.. what IS a ladys private parts anyways? deciding that since women (for the most part) did not contain any mechanical parts that he knew off, he decided that it was of no interest to him any! but he would like to see what was behind that spring door! hmm. He goes over and looks for his own tools among the bundles (sorry, I tried to look, but I'm not sure who and how many has been opened :S, if mine is already gone, just dismiss that part) "Uh, eh. mr. No. 00376? do you by any chance see any chance happen to see any chance know the laws of potential mechanical energy?" he says to Sam and follows shortly behind him.

OOC & Info:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:32 am

Gabe opens one of the remaining packs. Inside he finds:
  • A Set of Wire Rings of Springs - assorted sizes, threaded onto circular rings
  • A Roll of Steel Wire
  • A Mutli-Screwdriver - 8 types/sizes
  • A Backpack Bladder with Drinking Tube - currently empty
  • A Work Apron - to be worn around the waist, plenty of pockets for tools and odds and ends.
He seems a bit disappointed that it's not his.

Regarding the inaccessibility of the workshop, he asks Castlina "Oh? Why would that be?"

There was almost a bit of shame in her voice. "Well, to get to the workshop, you have to go through that locked door in the pantry... except it's locked, and the last group took the key with them when they left the workshop and left my protection. They promptly died, so who knows where that key is now? It's also on a separate system that I'm not able to control, so I won't be able to open it for you."

August heads into the kitchen/pantry, looking for a weapon or tool. Besides the skillet, pot and ladle, there is nothing obvious, but he does spot a small cabinet with a counter work surface behind the second row of shelving near the stove.
► Show Spoiler
Ursula decides that she isn't quite ready to finish her backpack or get changed yet, and instead helps by opening the remaining pack. Inside is:
  • Steam-Powered Propeller Beanie - not currently functional
  • Ornate Walking Stick
  • A Set of Men's Clothes - Inside collar reads "GT"
Sam suppresses his hunger and clik-toks his way over to the large wooden door in the pantry. His assessment seems to match what the Castle-voice said... the door is locked and sturdy, and seemed to be the only other way out of the kitchen area.

Bunn heads over to where Gabe seems to have opened his belongings. Briefly thanking Gabe, he gathers his possessions up in his arms, hugging them against his naked flesh and hurries after the man with clockwork legs. He seems quite taken with Sam's mode of transport.

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:58 am

"Which one of you is GT? Your clothes are here." Ursula puts the pack aside, and takes the chance while everyone is doing other things, to get changed into her own gear. Then she'll get back to work on her backpack.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:26 am

"That would be mine. You can call me Gabe."

Gabe claims his stuff and gets dressed, starting with the most important thing, his hat. A man just isn't properly dressed without his hat.

► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:57 am

August will search the cabinet and if it doesn't yield anything, examine the door to look for a way to open it.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:57 pm

"ah-hah a locked door" Sam said as he found his way blocked by the door. Using great care, Sam unhooked his legs from his feet and carefully clambered down to the ground. "hmm, perhaps I can open it though". Using his magnifying glasses and his tweezers, Sam clicks around inside of the lock on the door in an attempt to open it.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:05 pm

"Ohhh. They are some nice contraptions those legs!" Bunn Dunn, lifts up one of the legs before saying "Mind if I look at these?" Without awaiting confirmation he starts to look at the joints and any kind of shock of absorbers! (study) "Oh, don't worry, I wont take anything apart, I'll just look until you are ready to open the door for us!"
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:35 pm

"Ahhh, hey....naked man no touch my things, you'll get your nakedness on them, aww...no..noooo...aww" Sam is obviously irritated as the naked man looks at his clockwork legs. "Well, as long as you don't break them, look maybe i can show you something about them."