Surviving Castle Heterodyne - OOC Discussion Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Surviving Castle Heterodyne - OOC Discussion Thread

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Starting to think the new sparks are gonna be more trouble than the ones we already have.... :lol:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Actually have not gotten any feedback on my suggestion so *shrugs*
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Quarg wrote:Actually have not gotten any feedback on my suggestion so *shrugs*

Character suggestion? As I recall, it looked good... but now I can't seem to find it... :oops: Can you resend it to me? I don't think anything had jumped out as being problematic.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:35 pm

Synch wrote:Yeah I'm still gonna kill you. Only room for one anatomy/taxidermy spark, Dr Ayreslea-Sleight has an inferiority complex and doesn't like to be upstaged. Don't worry, I may reanimate you as a giant rat/bee creature who will be my thrall, so you'll still have something to do.
I collected a few dead leeches, you might rethink your plan and go for a "giant rat/bee/leech creature"...that way he could easier regenerate himself. ;)

Don't forget: We all are mindwiped, so it will take quite a while until you can do what you intend your char to be able too. Mine came with a lot of nice build-ins, but I was not able to use any of them so far, even if he spend most of the time to invent or auto-invent items towards that goal.
:zzz:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:54 pm

I really should draw a picture of this turn, which took a most unfortunate turn for Hiero. Hope he gets some learning points about plants/medicine out of his surprising encounter with the moss. XD

It was funny for sure, I can feel how you enjoyed writing that. ^^

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Nerre wrote:
I collected a few dead leeches,
They weren't dead, just removed, so I dind't have Hiero pick any up as he didn't necessarily have a way to safely transport live ones.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Nerre wrote:I really should draw a picture of this turn, which took a most unfortunate turn for Hiero. Hope he gets some learning points about plants/medicine out of his surprising encounter with the moss. XD

It was funny for sure, I can feel how you enjoyed writing that. ^^

I certainly did. He'll get something, I'll go back and enter it. I was considering drawing the scene too, but you're welcome to have at it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:53 pm

Spider didn't say there was another spark with taxedermy and those skills were fine with current skill set of the party... Trying to make hybrids, yes.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:02 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Spider didn't say there was another spark with taxedermy and those skills were fine with current skill set of the party... Trying to make hybrids, yes.
This is why you read up on the game you're about to play, as well as other characters. Spiderwrangler posted my character bio and description on page 17 of this thread.

But actually Burns, I'm just kidding! :lol: I'm not planning on killing you....yet :lol:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:08 pm

What I told ALB was that skills would likely overlap, but as long as character 'drive' was distinct, I was fine with it, I think we have most of the sparky bases covered right now as far as 'skillsets', and while there will be more overlap between your two, Synch's is more of a unnatural animal, hybrid zooligist type, and ALB's is more of a 'construct building, Mr. Hyde' type. At least as I see them. If you feel the other is stepping on your toes, you're welcome to murder each other.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:20 pm

And potential Undead creations. o:) or mutated humans to strive for perfection.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:40 pm

*sighs* I'm going to have to kill all of you?
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:49 am

Synch wrote:
Arch Lich Burns wrote:Spider didn't say there was another spark with taxedermy and those skills were fine with current skill set of the party... Trying to make hybrids, yes.
This is why you read up on the game you're about to play, as well as other characters. Spiderwrangler posted my character bio and description on page 17 of this thread.

But actually Burns, I'm just kidding! :lol: I'm not planning on killing you....yet :lol:
How about you make a two-headed construct out of both your chars? The arguments between your two heads would be priceless! :D

"I got the brain!" "No I!"

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:08 pm

I get the feeling my enjoyment of this game is going to quite rapidly decline... With the arrival of a bunch more loudly arguing nutters :/

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Perhaps Sam can make a clockwork penis for you to attach to yourself and you can be another one of the guys,....not sure what to do with the boobs though.

Blame August, he's the one who made a D-bag for a character who wants to boss other people around and not do what they wanna do....I would be quite happy being allowed to explore whenever I want, but noooo

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Your character's not exactly the most social either. He's endangering everyone else, besides being pretty annoying in general.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Honestly, the bee/rat incident was well contained...and I couldnt of a better way to handle it.otherwise I have been very safe and my getting hurt in the unexplored areas are my own concerns and no one elses.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Don't worry, I'm not actually planning on being too annoying or threatening. I'm just joking with Burns :)
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:42 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Honestly, the bee/rat incident was well contained...and I couldnt of a better way to handle it.otherwise I have been very safe and my getting hurt in the unexplored areas are my own concerns and no one elses.
As long as whatever hurts you will stay with you... ;)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:20 am

Nikohl, I'm sorry that you find my character, Nerres character, Alaens character & Wears Character annoying....

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:28 am

I didn't say that. Where did I say I find Gabe annoying? I said Sam's annoying...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:35 am

Well...I'm still sorry that you feel that way...Sam is very much acting within the character backstory that I created for him... "I h'am what I h'am"

I am not trying to be annoying, anymore I'm sure than August or Nerre is....

Wears on the other hand...always seems to play nice sensible characters who aren't as insane...

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:56 am

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should do anything different or that I want you to stop playing - I'm just saying, you have made an irritating character :p that's part of roleplaying, and I don't want you to change it. But he is annoying.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:04 am

Irritating? Why...because he enjoys the thrill of exploration....so..he got a metal rod through his leg...live and let live...

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:15 am

Er, no. Irritating because he stabs people, makes weird fake sob story accusations of being touched inappropriately, sets the building on fire with us all in it, pitches a fit when he doesn't get his way, gleefully opens doors to rooms full of doom and siccs the contents on the rest of the people stuck with him, et cetera, et cetera. :p