Re: Surviving Castle Heterodyne - OOC Discussion Thread

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:52 pm

I thought i said yes?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:57 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:I thought i said yes?
I didn't remember you saying yes, just that no one wants to play with Sam...

Adding new players?

Alaen - I have no problem with new players
Badge - Yes
Nikohl - wishes that we had a few more players knocking about
Wears - Busy being a good host

Sounds like enough of a general consensus for me to see if there is interest...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Synch will soon be joining your merry little band of miscreants and adventurers, we are currently working on character stuff.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:32 pm

Yeah, sorry. New player in the mix is cool with me.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:53 am

Meet your soon-to-be fellow Castle Heterodyne resident.

Synch wrote: Name: Dr Enoch Ayreslea-Sleight
Player: Synch
Color: #FF8000.
Description: Dr Ayreslea-Sleight is a wiry middle aged man with a highly intelligent and amicable though oft-times narcassistic disposition. He is very animated when discussing his field of expertise, or upon finding a specimen. He would be rather nondescript were it not for a head of shocking red hair that stands up in a wild manner almost as if it had a life of its own. He is most commonly seen in a white labcoat / trenchcoat with many inside pockets for surgical implements, magnifying glasses, specimen jars etc.

Backstory: Dr Ayreslea-Sleight displayed a keen interest in the natural world from a young age, where he was constantly off in the woods and fields surrounding his home with a butterfly net and specimen jars, collecting various butterflies, insects and other small creatures. His parents, both renowned botanists, were keen to nuture his enthusiasm, though were at times a little concerned when they would discover Enoch's occasional 'creations' - centipedes with butterfly wings glued on and so forth. Nevertheless, they overlooked these 'minor frivolities' and would constantly tell him that he was "destined for greatness."
As he reached adulthood he became an accomplished zoologist in his own right, though he never achieved the fame of the more renowned biologists and naturalists of his time. So involved was he in his own work and desire for success that he would consistantly overlook the papers and publications of his other peers, which led to many embarrassing occasions where he would proclaim he had discovered some new species only to be informed that it had been discovered many weeks ago by the great Charles Darwin or Alfred Russell Wallace. This earned him the unfortunate nickname of Dr Always-Late in the scientific community.
Driven mad by the repeated failure and subsequent ridicule, and a fervent desire to achieve the greatness his parents insisted he would earn, he was forced to turn to taxidermy as a means of income and it was here that he began concocting ideas of creating his very own species that he could announce to the world. He put these into practice with dead specimens initially, creating grotesque hybrid creatures before eventually investigating the darker arts of tissue reanimation and constructs.
After many months of silence, the first the scientific community heard of Dr Ayreslea-Sleight was the plague of venomous winged weasels that descended upon his old university, wreaking havoc and causing many casualties, much to Dr Ayreslea-Sleight's dismay. It was this act that led to his work being condemned as the unholy creation of abominations, disowned by his parents, struck from the British Science Association, and captured for transfer to Castle Heterodyne.
He is currently working on his Theory of Evolution; but is yet to realise that he will be beaten to publication once again by Charles Darwin during his incarceration within the castle.

Innate Skill: Zoology

Items/Equipment:
Journal and pencil
A small surgical kit (scalpel, tweezers, scissors, needle, catgut suture etc)
Various size collection jars
A large mechanical extendable butterfly net
A birdcage type contraption to be worn strapped to the back for larger specimens, has a small extendable arm with magnifying glass.

I was a bit greedy with the equipment, feel free to leave out anything you think is excessive :)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:14 am

I find his bio hilarious...and am looking forward to interacting with him, and possibly stealing his stuff...just being honest.

also a question: Is healing XHp per round or (ex: .5Hp restored per round when "sleeping" on moss). the reason im asking is, will i just have to lay here until morning, or would it be possible for me to be rejuvenated before the end of the day.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:09 am

Sounds interesting. I've been hoping to find a way to tame the bees. This sounds like a great start... As long as he doesn't unleash them all on us (again). Welcome to the madhouse, Synch!
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:32 am

BadgeAddict wrote:also a question: Is healing XHp per round or (ex: .5Hp restored per round when "sleeping" on moss). the reason im asking is, will i just have to lay here until morning, or would it be possible for me to be rejuvenated before the end of the day.
You have a certain chance every turn to regain 1 HP, based on how well the wounds are treated. The moss increases this chance every turn until it reaches 100%. So you could recover as early as 5 turns or it could take longer.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:40 am

That is correct. Base chance is 10%, even with no treatment, moss increases chance by 10% each turn.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:21 am

For supply request:

I believe we're all agreed that we want building materials (junk, spare parts, metal, wood, etc.) and fuel (lamp oil, maybe some candles). Is that right? If so, we should put those as the priorities. What else do we want to ask for? Any suggestions? Individual needs and requests?

► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:27 am

some medical supplies/medicine might be nice to have on hand. We won't always have the chance to sleep our pain away.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:29 am

I would like to get some leather in particular. Right now we don't have very much protective gear. Leather would help make some lightweight armor, or reinforce existing stuff.

Otherwise I agree, building materials and fuel seems to be most pressing issue. Though some spare clothing would also be useful.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:48 am

As I said in the PM, I'd like a set of bellows and some spare clothes, for future beekeeping activities.

But a bunch of materials and some light sources would also be good.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:41 pm

hey. i am a little bit more back than during the last 3-4 month. did i miss a lot? thanks for keeping me on auto-invent, nice to see the time was not fully wasted. :)
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:14 am

Nerre wrote: did i miss a lot?
About 3-4 months worth. :lol:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:44 am

To help you sort out what you wish to lodge a request for, here is a running list of things you've mentioned, no matter how trivial or humorous:
  • mechanical trash (gears, widgets and such)
  • candles
  • trash (wood, metal, wire)
  • lamp oil
  • sheet metal, other metals
  • spare junk
  • armature & tubing
  • parts that could make a flying lantern
  • fuel
  • containers/glass jar
  • potted shade tolerant flowers
  • tiny truce flag
  • beekeeper suit
  • metal
  • wood
  • leather
  • set of bellows
  • clean clothes
  • threshold lifter
  • flying hoverbot
  • large metal cutters
  • medical supplies
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:29 am

Is the current scene something happening only two 2-3 chars, going in a faster pace? It seems like others should or cannot really join it. If that assumption is right, it is okay for me, just want to know if it makes sense to roleplay hearing something or if Hiero does not and therefore just continues inventing and experimenting.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:58 am

Currently dialogue between the clank and August, Gabe and Ursula, since they were in the sleeping quarters bringing Sam in from where he'd been injured. Hiero and Sal are to engrossed in their current tasks to have taken note of the clank when it briefly zipped into the workshop to count them.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:05 pm

We should decide on a list. I would suggest listing the stuff we agreed on as priorities (junk, spare parts, various building and crafting materials), then select a few things as secondary requests. I, however, got 4 hours of sleep, had a long flight, and will likely crash into bed shortly after I arrive. And then I get to spend tomorrow helping to prepare a few hundred bags of registration loot. So, uh, talk amongst yourselves. I'll go with whatever you choose.

► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:01 am

from the point of view of his current projects, hiero would profit most of

sheet metal, other metals
armature & tubing
flying hoverbot

i think.
he could study the hoverbot to build better fans and engines and use the other 2 for parts.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:47 am

spiderwrangler wrote:To help you sort out what you wish to lodge a request for, here is a running list of things you've mentioned, no matter how trivial or humorous:
Or how unlikely you would be to get it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:10 pm

now i am confused...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:33 pm

nerre.....Spider is willing to give us certain items...however, asking for outrageous things ...well, we probably won't get them.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:43 pm

Just that requesting something doesn't mean it will be on the morning shipment. You are all prisoners after all. Highly unlikely you would get high end luxury items, or things that could immediately put those running the project in danger. The list I posted was a comprehensive list of everything that had been mentioned. the group is welcome to ask for anything, hell, you could ask for the Baron's head in a sack, but it doesn't mean you'll get it.

(Functional battleclank is unlikely... Unless it is a fail safe measure against you lot....)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler