Minecraft, Torchlight 2, and other stuff...

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Minecraft, Torchlight 2, and other stuff...

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:03 am

Alright, you Goblins, got a few ideas here. :)

Idea the 1st: I do have a Livestream channel. It has been abandoned (http://www.livestream.com/pixelwalk) for a long time because I just could not find people to watch me / be social as I attempted to either walk across a Minecraft world just exploring the overworld and going as far as I can, or streaming Blood Bowl because no one was interested. If I were to do so regularly, either doing Minecraft just to survive in a hardcore realm or Blood Bowl (combat Football with multiple species/races), how many of you would be interested in sitting down and being social with me as I do so every now and then?

Idea B) I just got paid for doing a month's worth of fortune telling (gotta pay the bills somehow... before the economy tanked a few years back I was making ~1K per month). I am considering starting a Torchlight 2 game on Elite Hardcore and am looking for five others to join me for a full team party of 6. Do I have any interest here? I can gift one or two copies to people who don't have it if they want to join me on a hardcore attempt, but I'd like to turn it into a regular weekly thing and not just a one-off.

Exhibit Q: My computer's dying with a dodgy power supply. I think there's one or more shorts in the motherboard or the power supply, since multiple times a day the mouse locks up (reports as working, but can't move it). When I close a program after the mouse locks up, there is a low uniform dull buzz or drone in my headset and the power light on the headset flickers hard. Changing the usb ports with either the mouse or the headset has not fixed this problem. The only way to remedy this is by rebooting, and the buzz does not go away even after logoff until it gets to the blue "shutting down" screen. Sometimes I have to reboot once every other minute. Multiple times I'll hear a "device disconnect" sound even though the mouse works for the moment. Malwarebytes and other forms of antivirus turn up clean.

Now, if I touch technology it flat out explodes (I can brick show-room computers and can make car batteries explode by running my finger down the center of them) so reinstalling a new power supply is out of the question. I'm not even going to go into the number of times I've seen computers start up for the first time and brick halfway through because of some kind of power flux or power failure for 10-15 seconds, restarting 1/3 of the way through their windows configuration startup and thus locking up.

What would be a "good" gaming rig these days in the realm of about $1000 USD at the most? Not a laptop, I need something with more punch and laptop video cards blow balls (I think my current desktop is 8 gigs of ram but not entirely sure that all of the gigs are even functional). The rig I currently have is just a Best Buy piece of garbage, but they have dominated (in some cases violently) the computer market around here.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.