Here Be Dragons

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Neveko
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: Here Be Dragons

Post by Neveko » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:26 pm

Been awhile since I've done this, so it's nice to see this is still thing. I wonder how many new dragons there are now.
Image Image

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:59 am

So, with luck and patience I've managed to collect a cb elemental trio of eggs, with no more than 24 hours between all of them. I have a tested breeding pair of each kind myself, and so I want to trade these for something nice. Do you guys think I would get better offers for them as a set of eggs, or wait till they all hatch? Or should I list them together but under individual trades?

I'm hoping for cb metals, or a nice silver tinsel (for completeness' sake). I can ask for low-gen prizes, but the people who have those seem to be past the trio-collecting stage and want elementals as individuals, if at all.
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:21 am

You might get lucky offering all three as a set in return for e.g. a cb silver, but I don't think you'll get a gold. I can give you a silver tinsel for completeness if you aren't fussed about continuing the lineage - I do have some nicer ones (I can make 4th gens) if you would prefer one of those, otherwise I can make a pretty cool 10th gen arrowhead with nebulas?

I'm playing less again at the moment although I'll re-emerge for the May release and the Birthday celebrations. I'm going to go breed all my shinies to see what I get.

Edit: Got too many to continue breeding, I'm full - thus, if breeding continues to go well, there may be more gifts here.

Shimmer egg pack: 6th gen Gold, 6th gen Silver, 6th gen Bronze - take 'em if you want 'em, just let me know who gets them :)

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:27 pm

I got a this for the trio. Not bad!
Why don't people name their prize dragons, at the very least? It really bugs me to see low gen prizes for trade with unnamed parents. Don't they realize that lowers the appeal of the lineage they're offering? >:?

I just bred a couple of reds to make a hatchiepack trade. Now I stare sadly at the eggs clogging up my scroll....

I look forward to having a breeding pair of CB metals of each type someday. Right now I have one F gold, two F silvers, and two different F coppers. I've tested and my elemental pairs have accepted each other (after I got a second female Ice), so that's something. I have only tried some of the shimmer and tinsel lines.

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:51 pm

Unfortunately, the next gen of the RC x RA line just refused each other, so I have to back up a generation and try them the other way around. :wall:
Here's the next of the Water x RA line, though! I think it's lingrem's turn with it.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Sat May 03, 2014 4:12 pm

New releases! I don't check the forums much, so the first I knew of it was requests for "new eggs" on the Dragonmarket, as usual. :roll:

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun May 04, 2014 5:59 am

Pretty! I've got two of one and one of the other so far, just waiting for the hour tick and I'll hopefully fill up on eggs.

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Mon May 05, 2014 3:20 am

I just hit 200 dragons, so yay egg slot!

I also saw this up for trade and it was too cute not to share. ;)
Edit: And this was a pretty rainbow. I'm jealous.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu May 08, 2014 10:23 am

Did everybody get one of the new dragons?

I have like, nine of each, so I can spare some hatchies if anyone is missing one and wants one.

Newter
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Newter » Mon May 12, 2014 8:37 pm

I finally got 2 Caveborn pinks, of each gender.. yay... Though I don't know why they are so popular.
Yay Dragon eggs!ImageImageImageImage

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon May 12, 2014 11:35 pm

Because they have an ability to make eggs hatch into hatchlings of their own gender.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed May 14, 2014 12:14 am

GC, are you still able to catch shiny things with any regularity? I can't :|

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Wed May 14, 2014 12:54 am

I picked up a silver mutt in the AH a few hours ago, but I don't think that's what you meant. :P

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Wed May 14, 2014 9:04 am

nikohl wrote:GC, are you still able to catch shiny things with any regularity? I can't :|
I will try.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed May 14, 2014 10:29 am

I'll happily trade you any eggs I have in return, just let me know what you'd like and I'll start working on it :)

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Wed May 14, 2014 10:46 am

I was able to catch a pair of both silver and gold for, I believe, one hour. That's an unusually good result.
I would like pink hatchlings in equal proportion of male and female. Or any CB hatchlings of species and gender I don't have.

Gryphonic, I see you don't have any CB golds. Do you want some?

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed May 14, 2014 11:37 am

I'll hatch you some pinks, GC :)

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Wed May 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Haha, looks like I stole a click from some vindictive person and they have put all my eggs into every hatchery they could find. :P

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Wed May 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Wow, I've heard of that but never thought I'd see it!
I have one, a CB female. I hope to get a compatible male so I have a breeding pair. Time to start breeding pinks, then! Or reds, or whatever you would like.

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Thu May 15, 2014 12:00 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Thu May 15, 2014 5:29 am

I took it.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat May 17, 2014 8:52 am

GC, I have some pinks for you when you're ready - three males and three females. Four are purebred 2nd gen and two are 2nd gen crosses with Solstice.

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Sun May 18, 2014 4:16 am

Heh. I also have two pairs of pinks, PB 2nd gen. Call it a down payment for the future. :P I'm sorry to see your eggs died...people can be incredibly petty.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sun May 18, 2014 7:06 am

Meh, I can get more. No big deal.

I'll get golds and silvers ASAP. Speaking of which, nikohl, do you want silvers too? They might be not as valuable, but they are somewhat easier to get.
Also, Gryphonic, do you want something else in addition to golds?

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun May 18, 2014 8:37 am

Either is fine! I'll pm you some trade links :)