Forumite Meet and Greet: Arlington, VA May 31 or June 1

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Forumite Meet and Greet: Arlington, VA May 31 or June 1

Post by WearsHats » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:43 am

So, can we start firming up plans? I'll need to talk to my family to make sure things work, but can we pick a showtime, get some tickets, and talk about what else (if anything) we might want to do that weekend?

How does the first show on Friday sound to everyone?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Fri May 31, 2013 10:00 pm

Had an awesome time with Wolfie and her husband, WearsHats, and Quarg!
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:52 am

Pics? Stories? Detaaaails!

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:50 pm

I have a picture. I'll post it tomorrow.

Details? We saw the show. It was very funny. Then we hung out at a pub for a while. Which would have given us a chance to talk, but they had live music and I could barely hear what was being said at the other end of the table. Still, it was very cool. Many D&D stories were swapped. Beer was consumed. A hat was worn. A good time was had by all.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:25 pm

You didn't really miss anything from the conversation at the far end of the table. Mostly just Wolfie and I discussing how awesome it is being admins :P Also, maybe put the photo up in Hidden?
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:59 pm

Photo uploaded to the picture thread in Hidden. :)

► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:56 pm

So Cinematic Titanic usually sells DVDs of their live shows. I had this really cool idea to get copies for the four of us (Wolfie's husband would just have to share). I went to see how much those would be and when they might come out... Long story short, they're not making DVDs this time. :( It's the farewell tour, and they are, quite literally, closing up shop. Dang. Well, it was a nice thought while it lasted.

► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:07 am

SeeAMoose wrote:You didn't really miss anything from the conversation at the far end of the table. Mostly just Wolfie and I discussing how awesome it is being admins :P Also, maybe put the photo up in Hidden?
:lol:
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin