Girl Genius Kickstarter

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
ThroughTheWell

Girl Genius Kickstarter

Post by ThroughTheWell » Thu May 16, 2013 1:31 pm

If a mod thinks this is wrong/bad, feel free to delete it.

Girl Genius is holding a Kickstarter. The initial goal is to get enough $ to print the next book, but stretch goals will reprint older books. You can get book 12 for $30. If they make $175,000, all supporters of a certain level and higher will get digital copies of ALL of the books 1-12. BOOM.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php

I read GG 3 times a week, but I'd not seen the Kickstarter info, maybe because of the link I use. So I thought I'd mention this here in case you missed it too. Oh, only 17 days left!

Edit: looks like it got funded in 1 day. Stetch goals here we come! I guess I'll be suprised if it does much much worse than OOTS, which passed a million.

Edit: they blew past all of their original stretch goals with 7-8 days left. They've added packages where you can get ALL the printed comics for relatively cheap plus then all the special stuff like patches, medals, digital copies, etc.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

ThroughTheWell

Re: Girl Genius Kickstarter

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri May 31, 2013 8:10 pm

Under 48 hours to go, and well past any of their earlier expectations or stretch goals. In fact it has a fair chance to come in 4th for all time in Kickstarter comics.

What does this mean to you? I've been rereading various GG this week, and enjoying reliving good memories. They are some seriously good books, with good art, and humor, in a steampunk setting, with multiple romances. I wish I had more money. You, you should read a short bit online and decide if the multiple Hugo award winning MENSA approved comic is your cup of tea, and then grab some sweet loot in the last 2 days.

You know when 2 people like Monty Python and start quoting lines back to each other? I get that same feeling with GG.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Yeah, it's been awesome to watch. I'm so happy for them.

Worth mentioning that you get a full set of PDFs plus extra digital goodies for a mere $10 pledge. Not too late to chip in!

I'm hoping this is a promising sign for Thunt, too. (Heck, the Marry Me Kickstarter got $33k of their original $5k goal, after they went on hiatus for at least a couple of years!)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:40 pm

Wears, may I ask if you bought yourself the "Any plan that causes you to lose your hat is a bad plan" Jager patch? Cause that kinda seems like you. :paranoia:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Yes, that one was obligatory.

... now I just have to figure out how to get or make a Jager hat to put it on.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:31 pm

OT, Wears:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:28 am

► Show Spoiler
Back on topic:

With less than 12 hours to go, it's looking like they're going to hit their final stretch goal! A little more than $5k to go.

► Show Spoiler

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:59 am

GG-related: if you go peek at today's page quickly you can see what it looks like uncolored.