Bronies and Whovians, the craziest theory you will ever hear

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Tayvin
Son of Maglubiyet

Bronies and Whovians, the craziest theory you will ever hear

Post by Tayvin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Okay, this is something that Whovians and especially Bronies should hear. For those who don't know, I am Tavyin, Thunt's eldest son, and I am a Whovian and a Brony and proud of it. I am a huge of both Doctor Who and MLP: Friendship is Magic, all the characters are amazing and completely unforgettable. There's one character in MLP that I want to talk about today...

This mare here

You know her, I know her, the most super-duper-wonderful Earth Pony in Equestria, it's Pinkie Pie. The most random pony we've ever seen and the bearer of the Element of Laughter and boy does she deserve that title! Seriously, all the wacky and random things she does, her seemingly endless supply of energy and her hyper personality that really grows on you. In just about every moment I've seen her, she's made me laugh and cheer her on. But there is no doubt that she's...

...odd, to say the least. Throughout the show's 3 amazing seasons, we've seen her do the most impossible things that shouldn't be possible in the realm of physics, she's really quite a mystery, when you think about it. But I have a theory, a most crazy theory about her that has made my explode numerous times from the revelation.

Now, as I said before, I'm a major fan of Doctor Who and I am usually very interested in the locations the Doctor and his companion go to. I find the Doctor one of the most interesting, lovable, funny, mysterious, and occasionally scary, characters of all time. My personal favorite being David Tennant's Doctor. I even find his species fascinating, the Time Lords, the very name invokes awe and wonder. Too bad they're all almost completely gone now, that race may just be the most powerful and technologically advanced species to have ever graced the universe. One of there amazing devices I would like to mention is the Chameleon Arch.

For those who don't know or need a reminder, a Chameleon Arch is a device that allows a Time Lord to store his or her memories in a seemingly unimportant object, usually a fobwatch like this: http://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/def ... Pocket.jpg
While their memories are being stored away, however, a new identity is put in and the Time Lord's very biology is changed for whatever species he/she needs to blend in for. The Doctor himself used the Arch to make himself human to hide from a family of aliens that could hunt him down across time and space, and the Arch is so effective that it made the Doctor completely unaware of another Time Lord surviving the Time War, the Master.

Now, some of you may have figured out where I'm going with this, but just wait, Pinkie is no random Time Lord... as ironic as that sounds. Look at your standard Doctor Who episode; a seemingly unstoppable threat shows up, the Doctor spouts some stuff that no one understands, and uses his vast knowledge to defeat the threat. Now, look at the MLP episode with the Parasprites.

See any similarities? http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... _S1E10.png

Now I'm not saying that Pinkie Pie is the Doctor, that'd be ridiculous, he's already in Equestria as a certain brown stallion in the background.

and Pinkie Pie would have to exceptionally skilled and brilliant to survive the horror that was the Time War, someone who had to have traveled with the Doctor a long long time ago, someone possibly related to the Doctor? Who traveled with him in the very beginning? Someone like... His granddaughter?

Image Image

I don't know about you, but this just makes Pinkie Pie that much more amazing. What do you all think?
Sometimes, it's good to be evil...

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Bronies and Whovians, the craziest theory you will ever

Post by Krulle » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:34 am

I've only ever seen 2 episodes of MLP, while zapping through (watched in total: about 3 minutes...).
So I cannot say anything about Pinkie or any other Pony....

And Dr. Who does not air on times I could watch it.

So, not much to say to the topic, except that I do not see any reason to start watching ponies galopping around in LSD-coloured heaven.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:36 am

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Wow, a crossover already exists?
Youtube's loading, I'll watch that after this post to see if it's worth investing money to buy copies of the Dr. Who series to watch at my leisure (current expectation: sometime when the kids have moved out in maybe 18 years)...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:57 am

Ummm... yeah. I'll just leave this right here... not looking at who might take it...

mnem
*Gallops off into the distance*

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:14 pm

That should so be Tayvin's new avatar!

And I do like the Susan theory. I am a major Whovian myself, have been since 1980. I also like the theory that James Bond is a timelord, hence the constantly changing appearance and longevity. Heck, if the Doctor can be the Timelord Scientific advisor to UNIT, why can't 007 be one as well?

Tayvin
Son of Maglubiyet

Post by Tayvin » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:35 pm

friedkitty wrote:That should so be Tayvin's new avatar!

And I do like the Susan theory. I am a major Whovian myself, have been since 1980. I also like the theory that James Bond is a timelord, hence the constantly changing appearance and longevity. Heck, if the Doctor can be the Timelord Scientific advisor to UNIT, why can't 007 be one as well?
Hmm, maybe that not *that* one but... *smiles and runs off*

Anyways, 007 being a Time Lord? I may just have to get into the James Bond series now...
Sometimes, it's good to be evil...

someone
Whispers Softly

Post by someone » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:13 am

a bit late perhaps. but may i point you to rich morris. a great artist, in my opinion, and creator of yet another fantasy gamer comic.
he has a blog where he did some fantastic dr who stories.
the 10 doctord is AMAZING. and finished.
he also did some very cool crossovers.
last time i checked he was sadly on a hiatus (remember me to check that again sometime) but he was in the middle of a 007 - who crossover.

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:40 am

He is currently on a sporadic MWF schedule alternating a SG1/Young Avengers crossover, the DW/JB crossover, and a Dalek/Aliens crossover.