The Great Goblin Invasion (Polls finished!)

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Quarg

Re: The Great Goblin Invasion (SITES POLL! VOTE!)

Post by Quarg » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:18 am

Only if they were in the protective detail....
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 pm

so is ther anything decited on what we gonna do or when ?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:53 pm

Dudes. I will sort it out. Would have sorted things out as best as I could sooner but soooommeeeee people are either A) to relaxed and/or B) too lazy and/or C) too last minute!

Hence, things are only starting to get sorted out now that I am insanely busy and not really at home!!! hahahha. It'll be good. I've tracked down when most of you are arriving, and times, although it would be nice to get a few contact numbers. I found out I can't charge my cheap phone as I have every kind of adapter EXCEPT UK->NA.... so I can't test it out until I'm there - and hence don't know my number. But I'll ship along my cell number to anyone who sends me theirs!
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:57 pm

lingrem wrote:Dudes. I will sort it out. Would have sorted things out as best as I could sooner but soooommeeeee people are either A) to relaxed and/or B) too lazy and/or C) too last minute!

Hence, things are only starting to get sorted out now that I am insanely busy and not really at home!!! hahahha. It'll be good. I've tracked down when most of you are arriving, and times, although it would be nice to get a few contact numbers. I found out I can't charge my cheap phone as I have every kind of adapter EXCEPT UK->NA.... so I can't test it out until I'm there - and hence don't know my number. But I'll ship along my cell number to anyone who sends me theirs!
I will be doing the same...but I will have email during the trip so... ;)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm assuming that I will, but I just like to be prepared and I know that I'm going to be super busy before everyone else starts arriving!

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:39 pm

Alrighty guys!

I've got a rough timeline of things we can do each day, including arrivals/departures. I don't know what time many of you arrive at though....

Some of the days sound like there's a lot in them - but that's cause things like seeing Big Ben doesn't exactly take too long, and they're along a nice little walk between things. It's not like we can't stop and sit and chill whenever we want to, so please don't stress out about if it's going to be a long walk!

The only really tough one for people being tired/hungry will be if we do the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum. They're literally next door to each other, and there's not too much around there. So we'll likely want to bring some food snacks for sure that day. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:20 am

Thanks a lot for all your effort, lingrem! I sent you my flight data via PM now, awfully sorry that I didn't do this earlier (I just kept forgetting). I'll take a look at your itinerary soon, but right now I got an errand that can't wait (my sister just called me with something urgent).

I'm sure it's fine, though, relaxed sounds great. :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:50 am

sounds awesome lin, great job

you are the best !!

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:03 am

And because I am a champ (and my mom couldn't find where the hell I put my A-Z map book) I am printing off tiny bits of maps for the various places I want to take you guys that I will stand there for a bit going "hmm is it this way or this way? Forget!" I'm realllly good at doing that as I tend to wander off all over the place over the times. hahahaha.

Mostly this is pubs. Although also the Portobello market because I alllllways wander the wrong way there! hahaha.

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:07 am

Awesome!!! I'm definitely confirming that I'll be there for the 8th and 9th at least :)
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:49 am

Handing out little maps? Are you, by any chance in fully fledged teacher mode, lin? :lol: (I think it's awesome. :thumbsup: I usually manage to even get lost WITH Navigations systems on the highways. I always take the wrong exit/connection to other highways. Well, not ALWAYS, but it happens. That's embarrassing enough. :oops: Luckily, while on foot, turning back where you just came from is easier.)

So, I'm a little confused about what it means when you write Globe theater and theater in Leicester Square. Are we going to visit and look at the building or does it mean we'll be seeing a show in there? Or both?

When will be going to see that show we have been talking about? Or will we decide this when/if we find out when/if/for what we can still get tickets?

Yay fot JibJib definitely being there. :cheer:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:05 am

Official world from Danielle is that, as you probably expected, they will not be joining us in London. However, Thunt had mentioned joining us via Skype for a while, and Danielle was enthusiastic about the idea. We'll have to figure out how to set that up (we'll need a time that works for everyone, a reliable Internet connection, and, preferably, a laptop or a tablet).
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:49 am

Oh, my top picks for the West End theatre would be either Matilda or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I've heard lots of good things about them, and haven't seen them. (I've seen pretty much all the major productions besides The Lion King which I have zero desire to see!). haha.

Also the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime has a lot of good reviews.

Also, Gathers and I are thinking about going to see Swan Lake one of the nights we're there, if anyone wants to come to the ballet with us?

Jibjib
Game Master

Re: The Great Goblin Invasion (Theatre Vote! Lingrem's off!)

Post by Jibjib » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Just confirmed with my Auntie that I'll be able to stay there for as long as I want, and that I'm leaving my job before I'll need to come up ^^
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

lingrem
Former Mod

Re: The Great Goblin Invasion (Theatre Vote Number Two)

Post by lingrem » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:34 am

I put up a second poll in regards to theatre. Sorry to be annoying about it, but I can pretty much gaurantee that I will be going to the theatre before any of you arrive... and I'd really like to know what I should see or not see, so I want to know what we want to see so that I won't go to that!

As such - with the second poll you can have two choices. One of them MUST BE for Swan Lake - yes or no! Gathers and I are wanting to go see it, but we'd like to know if there are any other interested parties.

Also - those of you who actually gave me contact information, including your first name, have received text messages from me on my new UK number. As I am a wee bit of a control freak and would like to be organized with this trip as I'm managing so many of you... I will give you my number via text once I have a way to contact you.

JibJib - that's great! Can you let me know in a PM more details and how to contact you?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:09 am

I voted for Charlie, but I'd also be willing to do Matilda or Lion King.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:35 am

as somebody on a budget, how much are theather tickets

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Depends on the seating Asks, along with the show. There's a range from really cheap to really expensive at all of them. I know you'd want really quite cheap ones, I'm not sure on Theis, Wears, or Gathers. I'd prefer decent seats. We don't all have to sit together though :) It's also easy enough to opt out :)

Also, as we're just gonna get tickets on the day, we'll see what's available really. Most shows are at 7:30pmish.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:31 am

Ok... guys... it'd be really helpful right about now if you could help out with the whole Theatre thing. Looking at the prices this year, tickets are a bit pricier than I'm used to when I'm trying to consider Theis and Asks's budgets.

Personally, I don't mind if we split up and sit in different areas. However. On Wed Aug 6 we can get "decent" Balcony (highest tier of seating, all of which have a somewhat restricted view) for £35. There's also better seats available for for £66 (in the second highest tier). This would be to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which in the lieu of votes seems to be the best bet.

ETA: Matilda is off the options for me. Friend just confirmed date and time, so we're going to that one :)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:00 am

*Laughs* Yeah, I am the last to show up but one of the few to vote. Oh, well...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:47 am

Thanks Quarg! I take it you were the vote for the Curious Incident of the dog in the Night Time?

Also, Gathers and I are booking Swan Lake for ourselves. It'll be on the 6th as that was when we could find the best seats, so we can do the Theatre on the 7th. Do we want to try to book a bit ahead now that more peopole are confirmed with dates, or just see what we can get the day of?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:57 am

I didn't vote on the poll, because lingrem already knows that I'm willing to go see swan lake with her.

Of the other shows, I only know lion king (from the movie), that I would like to see, and Charlie and the chocolate factory (also movie known), would be willing to see that, but not that urgent. I'd love to go and see phantom of the opera. Or Les Miserables (heard about it time and again, but never actually gotten around to reading the book/seeing the film/play) or dirty rotten scoundrels (loved the movie with Steve Martin! :lol: ).

BTW, here's a link to a nice site where you can find out what shows are available on a certain date (switch the tab to 'inspire me' and pick a date.) or find tickets for a specific show. I dunno if I linked that already in this thread, if so, sorry for repeating myself. XD
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Re: The Great Goblin Invasion (Polls finished!)

Post by Quarg » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:34 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:29 am

Sure :)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
► Show Spoiler