Live Drawing

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Live Drawing

Post by SGTdude » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:43 pm

I just got to ask about this because I havent seen a live drawing session...

well, since I was getting rocketed at in Afghanistan. Im pretty sure that was like the last one for me, seriously. Also I have seen others ask.

I dont know if there is like some secret club with owls that fly around dropping off notes in coded messages with clues to the times when THunt draws. Or maybe he just doesnt do live drawing on the link on his site.

Or maybe he just doesn't draw live.

Im not complaining, because he doesnt have to draw live. I just miss the old days of chatting with him while he drew. If there is a way to catch one of these sessions again if its possible.

Someone please enlighten me.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Re: Live Drawing

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:06 pm

If you have an account over at Justin.tv and follow his channel (http://www.justin.tv/thunt_goblins) you'll get an email notice when he goes live, at least, but he hasn't been doing that too much.

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:10 pm

The two times I've seen a live drawing session, I saw the notice either in a twitter message or the Jan 25th one on the main page. I don't think there's a way to predict it; I wish there was so I know when to spend an evening at home!
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:13 pm

Sadly Gryphonic is right.
There is no way of predicting it really.
That said, Thunt has not been much live lately, to his own regret, so it is not as if you have been unlucky!

He does try to tell in advance when he will be live, by a tweet (you can also find these in his feed on the main site, but I would use a twitter account to be sure, as it has a old history of not liking the feed sometimes)
And if nothing else, he tweets when he goes live and activate the "Drawing live" image on the front page (If only I remembered, but I believe it is text in the count down clock or close by)

Any ways, unless you know some forbidden scrying spell, I do not believe a prediction is possible :(
-Best regards LAYF

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:39 pm

I bet he really doesn't want to spoil the next few pages. But it would be nice if he at least had the voice feed open while he worked.
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:44 pm

Gryphonic wrote:I bet he really doesn't want to spoil the next few pages. But it would be nice if he at least had the voice feed open while he worked.
Oh.. I bet he really really really wants to! he is sitting on his chair and with every 5th brushstroke thinking "They NEED to see this" "Damn you Tarol. MUST-NOT-SPOIL" "But I waaant tooo" "No damn you, not this, not now" "Just a liiiitle itsy bitzy spoiler" "No! NO! bad thunt, bad!"

I imagine him arguing like this with himself :P
-Best regards LAYF

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:52 pm

He told me on Twitter that he's had migraines all week and has not felt up to talking to people. (Wouldn't even pick up the phone.)

Earlier this year, he tried to broadcast a few times but, for no reason he could find, the sound wasn't working.

And, of course, there's all the time spent getting tests at the hospital. Then, to make up for lost time, he didn't sleep much. All of which did not put him in a mood to socialize.

So, yeah. Just have to keep an eye on his Twitter, hope he's up to it, and hope you notice and are online at the right time. He'll broadcast when he's up to it, and there's no way to predict that.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:53 am

[quote="LooksAtYouFunny"
Oh.. I bet he really really really wants to! he is sitting on his chair and with every 5th brushstroke thinking "They NEED to see this" "Damn you Tarol. MUST-NOT-SPOIL" "But I waaant tooo" "No damn you, not this, not now" "Just a liiiitle itsy bitzy spoiler" "No! NO! bad thunt, bad!"

I imagine him arguing like this with himself :P[/quote]

Best Thunt impression ever!
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:33 pm

Nah, Thunt's had years of experience, decades really, of keeping his yap shut about spoilery things. Not only as an artist but also as a DM. All his training prepared him for this. :)
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.