Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Re: Our Town OOC

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:07 pm

always just post
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Yep, as Ask said, we always have room for one more :)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Mirimi the Rider
Mirimi was one of the two riders that arrived in the spring, originally from an eastern island, and a baker.
She has taken up the job as Our towns baker, but she still keeps a spear and the orc axe she found close at hand, just in case.
She har allowed the town to use her horse Horse! The horse is named Horse not because thats its name, but because she has no idea what its former owner called it, and think it would be weird to rename an already named animal.
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:30 pm

For talking with the goldfurs, is it okay if Elore would have asked to come to a compromise, in which if they were ever to keep goats or cows, they'd be treated with respect and only for their milk, not to be slaughtered? She would like to stay in friendly relations, because it's clear from their actions that they're good people- But while meat can come from many sources, milk is a potentially big deal.

I suppose that maybe another animal could serve for milk too (sheep?) but generally I think that if they disagree it's not worth taking the deal... Well, unless we're going to backstab them on their promise later and get an angry shaman cursing us.

Anyways... Magnus probably has the biggest chance to succeed, but I'd rather have a nameless mook die if given the option... Decisions, decisions...

I do have an idea as to what Lenore can do this month (it involves our friendly resident monster) so not sure if with that she'll also be able to join the expedition to the city which seems like it would be wise... I'll get up my action tomorrow though, and then I'll check with LAYF if it would take too long or not.

Also, what was up with the mayor getting a nosebleed..? Was that a sign of the disease?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Also- Do we have any questions we could ask about the beast that would help with this plan/ would help guarantee it could actually work? Cause if so, I might be willing to spend that one more point required to be able to do that and ask those questions.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:33 am

If the decease is spreading we need to get rid of the sick, either to let them fend for them self or kill them and burn the bodies
Quite a dark suggestion I know but we can't risk it

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:35 am

Is the disease actually spreading, though? I'm still not sure what was up with the mayor getting that nosebleed all of a sudden.

And if it was in fact a sign of the disease, it's already too late cuz it was the mayor showing that symptom- Unless you want to throw the mayor on the pile too?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:38 am

M0rtimer wrote:Also- Do we have any questions we could ask about the beast that would help with this plan/ would help guarantee it could actually work? Cause if so, I might be willing to spend that one more point required to be able to do that and ask those questions.
I guarantee nothing >:D

More to the point. Even the most safe things in this game has at least 1% chance of going wrong....

But if the last point is given, you can ask anything, if it is human possible to know, you will gain the knowledge (if it's relevant to the beast... "how.much money does the man who was closest to the beast when it was born has, and where does he keep it" is not relevant, even if the beast is mentioned ). And you are not limited to one question...
-Best regards LAYF

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:40 am

Well I'm confused to due to its magical cursey flavor, I assumed it wouldn't spread that easily, if it has contaminated or water the town is as good as lost

Badge what is your plan to tame or take care of Nelly ? I would love to set up some fishing huts many a small harbor, but with no fish and a monster that eats everything in sight I don't think we can ever get near that river, yes it killed some orcs but for now untamed it more a risk then an anything else

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:51 am

LAYF, any answers concerning whether or not Elore could have asked the question/ elaboration whether the nosebleed was something benign or..? :)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:47 am

Well, the nosebleed does indeed look like it is a symptom from the disease...but the more weird thing is that shortly after he got away from them any symptoms stopped, and he seems fine now...
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:51 am

Okay yeah from what we've learned with the two diseases working in unison, he's in the early stages of getting it from the sick in the village. And that would explain why they ran away from him, because they were getting more sick in the process.

We're doomed. DOOOOOOOMED.

(I think I'll heave Elore join the expedition to the village... wood elves are immune, right? :shifty: )

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:47 pm

M0rtimer wrote:For talking with the goldfurs, is it okay if Elore would have asked to come to a compromise, in which if they were ever to keep goats or cows, they'd be treated with respect and only for their milk, not to be slaughtered? She would like to stay in friendly relations, because it's clear from their actions that they're good people- But while meat can come from many sources, milk is a potentially big deal.
Oh... I missed this one.... Sorry.

About renegotiating, you could try when you come for the birds, but the shaman seemed very insisting that cows and goats are a no go in any way that keeps them trapped. (golden cage is still a cage kind of thing)
But he never mentioned anything about milking them...
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Eh, in that case I'd probably have to decline their offer... What do you guys think?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:52 pm

I mean...what if you said it in the way of.. "Building a shrine (aka fence) around them and protecting them (fighting off wild animals).

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Well, you may suggest anything you wish when you see them again...
I'm willing to make a small rp session about that with Mort (here in the ooc to avoid clogging the in game thread) and then you (Mort) can agree on something with him... Just remember, that without the mayor there, anything you (Mort) wish to agree to with your fellow gods, must be done before you leave the town...

Also... I'm not 100% sure... Did you (Mort) want to go with whoever to the "town of the sick" quest?
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Eh... Sure- If you think it'd fit in her schedule, she'll join them just in case.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:17 pm

That is up to you... It will take one week to get there, one to come back... So that leaves two weeks to do what is needed there and the rest of the time for whatever afterwards at Our town (trading/talking/negotiations with the goldfurs would take a single day and could be done before leaving for the sick town...)

(faster if all who go uses horses/you run)
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Pan, protector of the village, will hover protectively over Elore.

Actually...this whole sickness thing...

So...3 points got me a River Serpent.... Here's what I'm thinking.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:22 pm

I wonder, if we use influence to talk to normal townfolk ? Convince them to built a shrine pray for us or one of us, would that increase the amount of influence we get, turn us from simple minor gods to powerful proper gods

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:29 pm

LAYF, I'm willing to work with you to make it work, including adding in more limitations if needed.

Granted, the people could cut it down...but then Pan would be angry and turn against them.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:31 pm

You mean like prayer power?
As relatively new gods, you do not know any ways to gain extra influence yet... But it will come (unless you somehow avoid all the things I've planned that would teach it to you.... Or all the tings you could suggest that would teach it to you)
BadgeAddict wrote:LAYF, I'm willing to work with you to make it work, including adding in more limitations if needed.

Granted, the people could cut it down...but then Pan would be angry and turn against them.
Not entirely sure what you mean? The River monster?
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:31 pm

check out my newest post.

oh..and...once I gain 10 points, if the tree is allowed to happen...

if you'll allow it, I would like to become the tree...as opposed to a mobile character.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Ah... Just saw it...

Well... Hmm....
I see what you want to do... And I'll say as much, it is possible, but... 4 points would not do it... When talking about growth,a point is a Month roughly (at your current power level at least)
To add, you want the tree to be magic (cure all disease)

Hmm....
But I can also see how the game gets a bit limited by those restrictions....

So... Here is my suggestion(s)... Await the next update, as it will (one way or another) bring some information that you can all use....
The points, keep them too and see what you'd like to do...

The other option is that you do as you planned, and allow others to chip in... The more points, the faster the tree will grow....
I'd say that after 12 months/points the tree will have a chance to bare fruit... And in time, that chance will be better each month/point... But, it would need points to survive... Just one a month... But still, those points could be given by anyone....

In addition, I'll also disclose as much: you will find ways to both gain more points, and to use those you have more effectively...
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Spend points to survive? You mean in order to have a magic tree, I would need to spend points to keep it from dying? ouch.