The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Yup. The last two lizards have split up and are running away from you and are about 60 feet away from you down two difference bridges (which are each about 100 feet long or so).

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:06 pm

((Basically, yes. The leader snarled something at the others in his lizard language, and they took off.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:08 pm

((Gwen explained the leader's order.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Kal takes aim at one of the runners. He's reluctant to shoot down a fleeing enemy, but can't take the chance they'll warn others.
"Surrender! We have your leader! I don't want to have to kill you!" he calls in Draconic.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:27 am

Merric will continue to cross the bridge and shoot after one of the runners, preferably the most hurt one.
If he can't reach them, because of his short legs, he'll try to shoot the rope holding the bridge, close to where the rest of the party is. (this time around, healthy lizardfolk will be the target)

Merric eldritch blast: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
Eldritch blast damage: 1D10 = [3] = 3
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:12 am

Varsk's failed attack that I very preemptively posted last Thursday stands! (That is unless the GM wants to give me another shot ;) )

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 am

Rodgeir wrote:Varsk's failed attack that I very preemptively posted last Thursday stands! (That is unless the GM wants to give me another shot ;) )
((We're just waiting on Syli's action at the moment, but I'm super busy today anyway. If I don't have an action from her by tomorrow I'll assume she's still sneaking))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Syli will dart after the archer that's least injured, following him/her from the ground.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:20 pm

Kal shouts at the fleeing lizardfolk to surrender. The uninjured one glances back as Kal mentions the captured leader... Kal lets an arrow loose into the back of the other, injured lizardman.

The arrow catches hims in the leg, and this time he isn't able to keep himself from slipping, and he falls from the bridge into the swamp below with a wet crunch. The other (uninjured, fleeing) lizardfolk lets out a wordless cry of fury.

Syli keeps a wary eye on the alligator as it lunges towards the fallen lizardman's carcass and sinks its teeth into a leg. She makes it to the far side of the river and to the base of the tree that the others are currently hanging out in, and is roughly 60 feet away from the recently-fallen archer.

Merric blasts the remaining lizardfolk with his magic, doing little damage, but reminding the guy that you haven't forgotten about him. Varsk's follow-up with a missed crossbow shot is enough encouragement to keep him running, and he continues dashing onwards, reaching the far side of the bridge, behind the trunk and onwards to the south-east along another rope bridge.

((Aaaaaand we're back to Korrik. Apologies for the slow updates this past little while - things at work are rapidly picking up pace right now, but I'll try and keep on top of this a bit better!))

------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn order:

Merric
Varsk
Lizardfolk
Korrik
Gwen
Mehriv
Kal
Syli

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:31 pm

If the lizard's still running when Mehr's turn rolls around, he'll move to get line of sight on the fleeing lizard and send a set of Magic Missiles at him.

7 damage
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:35 pm

((Including any difficult terrain to move through allies, how far away would it be to get to the other lizard man? I have the potential to move 70 ft and still attack, or 105 ft and not attack.))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Gwen moves twoards the lizard and changes her hex from the dead lizard the the live one (bonus) and eldrich blasts it if it doesn't stop moving. Eldrich blast, hex: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
1D10 = [9] = 9
1D6 = [4] = 4

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Oh yeah, that'd be helpful wouldn't it?

He's been dashing so he's made it 120 feet away from you guys as the bridges go. It's probably 100 feet as the crow flies.

Please check the ranges on your spells and stuff if that's going to be an issue, otherwise I'm going to trust that you guys are proposing legal actions :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 pm

I'm not sure if Gwen can change hex from such a far distance.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:19 pm

((What do the rules say?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:39 pm

If the target drops to 0 hit points before this spell ends, you can use a bonus action on a subsequent turn of yours to curse a new creature. A remove curse cast on the target ends this spell early.
apparently range of Hex is 90', so if I have to be in range of the spell, Gwen can get there.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:35 pm

I sprint forward, trying to run down the fleeing lizardman.

((Use my last ki to Step of the Wind to Dash, so have moved 70 ft. He should be within 60 ft, but do I have a clear shot at him? How far from me to the end of the bridge? If I have a shot, I'll be throwing darts main and offhand (with disadvantage, unless he's somehow within 20 ft of me).))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:53 am

Yeah, Korrik will have a clear enough shot to try it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:02 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:36 am

Korrik charges after the remaining lizardman and strikes him with a dart. It sinks deep into his shoulder, but doesn't slow him down.

((DEX save: 1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14))

Gwen heads 30 feet along the bridge, switches her DEX hex to the last target and hits him hard with an eldritch blast. He's looking badly hurt, but he doesn't stop running.

((DEX save: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22
DEX save: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15))

Mehriv's Magic Missile is enough to finally bring him down though, and the runner finally stumbles and falls dead from the bridge.

Gwen's horn blasts continue to blare loudly through the surrounding forest.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:46 am

((I'm considering those darts lost for now then? The one that missed probably isn't recoverable... and if the guy that fell gets chomped, probably not getting that back either.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:54 am

Okay, so we've captured the leader, the other two are down, Kal shot one of them in the back killing him when he might have been convinced to surrender, there are other lizardfolk in the area but none in sight, and the party is more or less together on the far side of the bridge. Is that about right?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:59 am

Gwen will end the tune of the horn blasts, having enough of Mary had a Little Lamb in horn form. She smirks as it dies down. She takes off the lizard disguise as she doesn't see the need to have it at this moment. "I hope that messed up their signaling."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:30 am

((Yes, ammunition thrown or fired into the forest is more likely to be lost than not. You could try to recover them if you wanted (with an investigation check to find them first).

And yes wears, that's about right. Syli is on the forest floor below the guard-post tree most of you are in; Korrik is 70 feet away, deeper into the forest on a bridge, and Gwen is 30 feet along the same bridge.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:36 am

((I think I'm just down the two then, I recovered them all after we fought the big lizards at the pond.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler