The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:57 am

Mehriv is apparently lost in thought, perhaps considering their next move.

The others all hear a distant horn blast from somewhere to the east. It's a single, long blast and you don't hear it repeated...

Below you, a ginger tabby cat is trying to climb your tree carrying a shortbow.

((I'll need to look up what you guys all know wrt Syli's shapeshifting. BRB

It seems that Varsk and Gwen probably know (if Gwen noticed during a battle). Varsk has certainly been referring to Syli's abilities, but on the whole, she seems to be trying to keep them under wraps. I'll let Nioca weigh in on whether she considers it an open secret or something she's still trying to mostly keep to herself))

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:47 am

Merric decides to keep pushing the subject of the horn blasting, but decides to focus on Gwen instead as she has the power to do so.

"Gwen, do the two short one long signal to let them know the scaled ones were succesful."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:16 pm

"Okay...hopefully it works." Gwen uses Minor Illusion to do what Merroc asks and then after the blasts are done she cuts the spell. "We should probably make the rope partially cut so that when they get on thier weight would break the rope."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:18 pm

"I think the big guy already did that."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:52 pm

Was gonna wait until we'd picked a direction before I started cuttin' potential ways outta here. Though if you don't mind red, I'll handle it.

It's not a request.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Mehr sighs and judges the distance to Syli. If she's less than 30 feet away, he'll send a Mage Hand to collect her. "Don't change back until your feet are firmly planted. I can't lift you at your normal size."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:59 am

Varsk is getting nervous with waiting and keeps scanning the trees and listening.

He is sure he hears and sees a large golden dragon sunning itself in the branches of some trees. It winks at him. He blinks slowly and wonders if the river and swamp fumes have permanently affected him.

Needless to say, doesn't make him less anxious to move, nor does he mention the dragon (or stop watching it).

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:26 pm

Varsk takes care of partially cutting the rope bridge, then immediately has his attention caught by a dazzling golden dragon in a nearby tree. It winks at him, and he could swear that it gestured towards the south-east... He blinks and shakes his head a little and when he looks back, there's nothing but a twisted branch, being backlit by the afternoon sun. It must have been a trick of the light... right?

Mehriv sends down a mage hand to scoop up the ginger tabby cat and its prize.

At Merric's request, Gwen casts minor illusion and makes the two short, one long blast that they heard before. She hopes Merric knows what he's talking about.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:15 am

"Okay, we're all here so let's get movin'. Pick a direction Mehriv. Once we get far enough away we can climb outta the trees like you suggested."

Varsk glances uncomfortably back at the tree branch and then to the southeast.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:01 am

If Syli doesn't feel like revealing the glow, Mehr will indicate the more southerly vine of the two the lizards had run off along, "Let's follow this one for a ways to get away from the alligators, then climb down and move with a little more stealth."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:13 am

I will warily keep to the front half of the party as we move out.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:42 am

"Mrwfl," Syli mews through her full mouth as she lands on semi-stable ground, shifting back into her elven form. Dropping the bow from her mouth, she stows it away for the time being. "Works for me. Beats being gator chow."

Syli keeps toward the center of the group as we press onward.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:47 pm

At Mehriv's suggestion, you head off along the southern bridge, deciding to head away from the horn blasts that you heard before. The forest gets darker, cooler and more humid as the thick trees crowd around you, and long branches grab at your faces as you follow the bridge. After about half a mile or so, the guard post is lost in the canopy behind you, and you don't see any other posts nearby. The rope bridges themselves hang lazily between the trees and look for all the world like natural vines to a casual observer.

Those of you who heard the horn blasts a few moments ago hear another, long blast from the east again. It sounds louder than before...

From here, you find a bridge heading south and another heading east. The ground seems a bit drier here though, and it would be an easy place to climb down if you want to continue on foot.

((I'll take nature checks from anyone with proficiency))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:33 pm

"Well... If we head east, we can deal with whatever we find, or a least peep what we'll be leaving behind us if we head south."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:48 pm

"If they're smart they'll spread out to get to the guard post from as many directions as they can. They seem smart so I figure we should expect company from the East soon enough.

Way I figure it we can try'n hide down there and hope they pass us and meybe we can head east fast cutting bridges as we go to wherever they came from. Can't be that far.

Or we can go down and hope the miss us before headin' on the ground towards where they came from to largely the same effect but more lizards waitin' there as they'll have probably circled back. Some anyhow.

Else I guess we can fight all comers here.

What's the word boss."

Varsk will gaze towards the east.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:11 pm

"They'll almost certainly spread out to make sure we can't slip by them, and if they spot us they'll have the entire force hot on our heels. I suggest we climb down and try to move stealthily."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:58 pm

"I agree with Merhiv." Gwen hses disguise self to be a lizardman again, this time without any lothes and similar markings the others had. The 'tail' appears to be a stump that was recently removed (cause she cant add apendenges so might as well make it appear cut off)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:36 pm

► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:41 am

Varsk isn't going to be the first down the tree after seeing what the alligators (crocodiles?) did to those lizardfolk.

Edit: What kind of cover/ground is there between this and the next tree the vines connect to? Can we move between the two points without being spotted from above?

Perception: 15

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:27 am

Syli Nature (+3): 21

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:41 am

► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:07 am

Kal looks around with a quizzical expression mixed with mild concern. "Something feels... off about this place. Anyone else sensing that? I mean, this is a different forest from where I grew up, so it could just be that. But it doesn't feel right."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:08 am

"If by off you mean hungry lizards of all sorts, some of which build rope bridges above the other hungry lizards.. then yes, I'm right there with you."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:27 am

"Entire place is wrong. Too green."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:55 pm

Ok, since we're waiting and Kal's mentioned a weird feeling, I'll take an investigation or perception check from anyone who wants to make one.