Speaks Quietly

Re: So, Minmax and the GAP...

Post by Simon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:15 pm

► Show Spoiler

Yamadasan
Mutters to Themself

Post by Yamadasan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:19 pm

I'm still firmly believing Kin leaves the Maze with Minmax, through regaining their memories OF NEARLY 2 MILLION RESETS.

We already know that they're no different than the standard group, so why the far above average failure rate? Perhaps the one identifying mark between our Average group and ours is the same thing that caused oblivion to fail? Like love perhaps? I"m just saying, I'm calling it right now, the 2 million failures be due to Minmax going all Love Suicide for Kin, Dat's a fact I'm calling out now.

Kin being with MInmax is an easy not-bullshit way of making our two teams well, team up. Any reason for the team up is gone without Kin, and our GAP has no escape from Minmax with his absurd Minmax speed and power. All of this gives Forgath a solid reason to confront Kore and allow his death to come true. This also parallels with Chief's death. Chief was previously saved by Forgath and they both shared a class. They work as group leaders/mediators, and are totally both going to die to Kore.
This opens up room for Kin to become a Cleric and gives her a new goal outside the teapot, to remove the leash herself. This allows her to stay with Minmax and party and perhaps not fully trust them. This gives her time to er, for herself, while still being with the group.

Kin is the weakest in power due to lack of adventuring levels, and the groups are short on healers after the...healer deaths. She will also replace Forgath and Chief on mediating between the groups, altho she's going to have a far harder time doing so. More character growth, CHARACTER GROWTH FOR EVERYONE!

Having adventuring levels doesn't make the Goblins GOOD people, just really strong Goblins. Having Kin say "hey, it's that group who tried to save me!" is far more powerful.

PatchworkBBC
Mutters to Themself

Post by PatchworkBBC » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:52 pm

Remembering two million deaths? That sounds super traumatic.

greenstapler
Remains Silent

Post by greenstapler » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:12 pm

The most recent comic makes me think that the connection between Kin and Minmax is going to come into play. What if Kin, through Minmax's eyes, realizes that the GAP are friends? Would her realization make Minmax realize this as well? I think it would be interesting if this came into play

scienceboyroy
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by scienceboyroy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:46 pm

I don't know what's going on with the "connection" between Minmax and Kin, but I do think that his experience with her will make him see the GAP in a new light. Perhaps he'll think twice about what he had considered "monsters." It's true that he doesn't exactly look like the understanding sort in the most recent comic (as of this posting), but I propose the following:
  • Someone among the GAP, in a fit of frustration (since Minmax and Forgath literally appeared right in front of them), demands to know why they're being hunted.
  • Minmax starts to explain, but realizes that he doesn't have a good reason. He probably catches himself using terms he had formerly used to describe Kin.
  • Minmax (and presumably Forgath) has a change of heart, deciding to help the GAP against Kore. It's probably still the next best thing to hopeless, so...
  • Minmax hands his Racist Axe to Forgath (assuming Kore is a dwarf).
  • ???
  • After a long period of introspection and contemplation, Kin accidentally (?) teleports to Minmax because she couldn't stop thinking about him long enough to drink the navigation tea.
The rest is beyond me. Forgath is a cleric, right? Maybe he can help Chief?

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:51 pm

OMG ROY!

You have literally caused me to think the impossible!

Chief's death sucked. I hated it. But I accepted it. I knew it was final because there was no way the Goblin adventuring party (GAP) could catch up to Forgath/Minmax/Kin (FMK) because of the time problem (which i will not discuss here), and therefore there was no "healing". But now im forced to consider a new possibility.

Forgath IS a cleric. Even if he didnt have a resurrect spell, couldn't he just call out to Herbert for one? I mean with forgath being there, it seems almost possible that Chief can live again!

There is just a little problem of Kore to deal with first.

soooooooooooo can't wait to see what happens
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:33 pm

So what happens if Kore is somehow forced to realize what a monster he has become, and mutters something like "I must attone." and uses some magic item to Raise Dead on Chief? (He has those weird pill things he used on YAB)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:13 pm

yeah that doesn't work IMHO. Even though THunt doesnt really have 2dimensional characters, it seems out of character for him. I dont think this battle will have him turn a new leaf, but even if he did it seems clear those pills are true ressurrects but more like a temporary reanimate dead. But I dont now the rules on this stuff so much.

I dont think Kore is just the "big bad wolf" of this battle though. I am really not sure what will happen except alot of violence.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:11 pm

I am sorry, but Kore is not a drug dealer selling speak with dead pills.

But Kore is not without compassion, even if you are full of seeds of evil. Kore will help you to join your dead loved ones permanently.

Call today, crossbows are standing by.