The Age of Dragons (Year 1051)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Age of Dragons (Year 1001)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:09 pm

WHENEVER IS APPROPRIATE:

Krazk approaches her father and sits down next to him.

"Mother told me that you can teach me how to fight if I want... But I don't understand why. We are dragons. Are we not ancient and noble and better than the other races of the world? Why would anyone wish to fight us? I don't understand... "

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:16 am

"Cyrano!" Sapphire exclaims happily as her brother sits down next to her and rushes to tackle him with a boisterous hug (with both front legs and wings), a quite common way of her greeting him. "Don't be silly brother, I brought you a whole nice tasty juicy salmon only yesterday." she says, and sticks her tongue out at him in kind, only she moves to quickly and fondly lick over his cheek before releasing her brother and sitting down next to him again.
► Show Spoiler
She turns her attention back to Azabik when the nest mate speaks again. "Oh, that would be great, thank you. And... can I come to you the next time I get a scratch at one of my hunting expedition and you'll heal me?" Sapphire asks excitedly. If Azabik agrees, and it works well, she's likely to come to him with bruises and scratches from that day forth, as long as he's happy to do that for her.
(That should give him some chance to practice and also some bonding opportunity.)

When Azabik mentions his fear of Tha'kzel eating him she shakes her head, walking over to Azabik and spreads one wing to hold it over him in a somewhat protective way, not actually touching him, though. "I don't think he would, but if he tried, I would not let him eat you." She retracts her wing and sits down again looking pensive for a while.
"You know, he's not that bad or scary. He just really likes food. You might want to try and offer him some now and then, to get on his good side, if you wanted to. He even shares some of his with me, now and then."

When he mentions that he is learning to hunt as well, Sapphire squeaks with glee and says "We should totally go hunting together someday."
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:22 am

Tha'kzrel approaches Cyrano and Sapphire (just at some point, not while they were talking to Az just now), and sends a series of questioning thought images to them "<prey><alone><small><together><plenty>". In the images, three dragons of their respective colors stand apart, each with a scrawny hare in their jaws. The image blurs and is replaced by the three standing together, feasting on mutton.

(He's asking if they'd like to hunt with him so they can take down bigger prey.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:26 am

Azabik snickers when Sapphire tackles her brother.

"Yea, I can use the practice.

you think so? Okay, what does he like?"

--------
later

Azabik goes hunting, looking for Tha'kzel's favourite food. He swoops up a live animal and searches for him. "Hello? Sapphire said you would like this. I didn't know if you preferred to eat it live or not." He places the scared animal down for Tha'kzel to eat.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:41 am

*Two days ago*
Tha'kzrel sends images of gratitude to his father before charring the fish before starting to eat it. Malerack eats as well but not as outrageously loud as his brother. Stopping momentarily Malerack asks the most important question "I understand. Then what would you have your sons do?". Katia moved over beside Dagon and crooned to him "Aren't they just perfect." Dagon smiled, first at her and then down at his sons "As you can see I am unable to leave this wretched place, I will need you two to be my wings. I have a quest for you that will bring our family line to prominence once more. You must seek out Zart, The shadow, for though the rest of DragonKind believes him to be but a memory of times long ago, he still lives, far to the north on the island known as the lidless eye. Here you shall seek him out, but be warned, you should not think of me, this quest or anything that I might teach you before leaving the island. Tytan, first cousin to the Queen, is her eyes and ears and he knows of what goes on. During the great wars he tortured her enemies and extracted information from their minds, for although he is a master at mental communication he is also a master of mental magics. Once you have eaten your fill, you will return to the island and train for the next 5 decades before you will be allowed to leave the island. If you wish to learn the Dark magics, you will need to train at night after learning some stealth from your mother, for no one must find out this secret. "

After he said his words, he and Katia slipped away for a moment, returning only after they had finished their food. Their bellies full and wings no longer aching, Katia helped them to the peak of the black spear of of rock. From here they jumped into the air and flew for several hours back to the mainland, back to the mountain, back to their cave beneath it, back to sleep in their warm sandy beds.

*Outside*
"My father ponders the world looking out upon it, Here you change the world by creating new ideas and then manifesting them into reality" Cyrano states with admiration.
"To me this is a wondrous place, for I like to think up new things, some need only words...because they are ideas. But other ideas, I would love to know how to make a reality beyond my own mind." He looks at the elder dragon, "the place where dragons craft...somehow I think workshop is too plain a phrase for such a grand place."

As he finished his kind words, Cyrano noticed that there are tears in Gort's eyes. Gort looked at the young dragon with a certain fondness that he had never had for anyone ever before. "If you wish to learn from me, I will teach you as if you were my own son and I would be proud to pass such knowledge on to one such as yourself." (Quarg, you have gained "Friend of Gort" status, you can now learn crafting and such from Gort at a rate of 1 point every 1.5 years)

*Inside* (I'm ignoring all "futuristic speech for now, if you're talking about things that will happen within the 50 years, it won't happen right now)

*Sapphire & Malerack asks Katia for stealth training, both are accepted.
When Malerack asks katia for training, "Can you offer such teaching to me, so that I may better serve the intentions of my father?" she silences him before he can finish his words. She merely responds with "I would be happy to train you my son."
*Sapphire asks the Queen for Life magic training and is accepted.

Krazk approaches her father and sits down next to him. "Mother told me that you can teach me how to fight if I want... But I don't understand why. We are dragons. Are we not ancient and noble and better than the other races of the world? Why would anyone wish to fight us? I don't understand... "
Xin looks upon his lovely daughter, finding pride welling up within him as always. "Daughter, the world is a dangerous place for dragons, humans are not the only species that want to do us harm. During the Great Wars, a dragon had to learn to fight on the ground as much as in the air. Those that did not learn that lesson quickly did not survive, this is how I lost my eggmate." Xin otherwise red scales burn slightly brighter red with his words, his face reddens with barely controlled anger. The humans shot him out of the sky with a ballista, but that is not what killed him. It was a human who was wielding Heaven's Fury who cut him down before I could save him." Boiling hot tears spattered against her head as he ranted angrily and eventually falls into a seething silence.
(* eggmates* - it is rare that two dragons would be born of the same egg, but Xin was a twin)
(*Heaven's Fury* - An artifact that is one of the few weapons know to be able to easily kill dragons. The sword is literally made of sunlight and is able to cut through anything, even solid rock, as if it were butter.)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:23 am

"... But why? Why would they want to hurt us? They're so little and short-lived... We could teach them things."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:28 am

<?><favorite>

Tha'kzrel sends thought images of every creature that the young dragon has consumed, indicating that they are ALL his favorites.

As Azabik releases the creature, Tha'kzrel unleashes a torrent of flame that engulfs it. He pounces, tearing off the head and gulping back partially charred raw flesh. He stops mid gulp and cocks his head at the other dragon, thinking. The charcoal dragon slices open the abdomen and plucks free the kidneys and liver, extending them to Azabik.

<FAVORITE><eat><strength>

The thought image is of the shiny black dragon eating the offered organs.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:49 am

When the hot tears stop flowing, Xin looks down at his daughter when she asks "... But why? Why would they want to hurt us? They're so little and short-lived... We could teach them things." As Xin ponders her words, Pantera came over and spoke to their daughter "Humans are short lived, and often fear what they don't understand. They find it hard to fathom the majesty and long lives of us dragons... For some humans, that lead to worship, for others it lead to fear and anger and they sought to destroy what they could not understand."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:10 am

He laughs a bit in relief and eats a kidney. "I already ate, but thank you. Go ahead and eat your fill. ...Friends?" he looks at the odd dragon and tries to be polite to him.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:28 am

He nods and slurps the organs from his claws and turns back to consuming the rest of his gift.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:18 pm

Sapphire happily agrees to going hunting together with Tha'kzrel (and her brother, but I don't want to speak for him).

EDIT: and HIS brothers, too apparently. The more the merrier!
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:54 pm

Krazk frowns and looks up at her parents thoughtfully...

"So we used to be strong and numerous, but the humans got stronger and killed us... Then we can't fight them. We mustn't fight them. We shouldn't be weak, but we must find a way to live peacefully together or else we will all be killed... Mother, will you teach me about their ways and culture? "

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Grot
"Of course sir, I would be honored to learn what I can from you..."

Tha'kzrel and Sapphire
Cyrano chuckles at Tha'kzrel's image talk...in some ways it was completely alien but also very efficient. "Yes, I would hunt with you however,"
Cyrano creates and broadcasts an image of him first standing at attention to his father as the sun moves into the sky, then flying with his mother as the sun moves even higher, then flame training as the sun reaches it zenith, then fighting practice, as the sun begins to move down again towards the far horizon, Then Defense practice, and even more tutelage as the sun slowly approaches the horizon again. Finally a free Cyrano, with no adult dragon looking down on him, rolls over on his side exhausted as the sun sets. <Hunt Time small for me> he adds to the end.

Which is true, whenever he can, Cyrano hunts with the others but typically focuses on herding the game towards the other two. Although if either is threatened by a potential meal (like an obstinate ram, or a pissed off Bear or Bull) Cyrano is quick to attack the creature from above.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:29 pm

SOME OTHER POINT IN TIME:

Krazk will approach the dragon who teaches fire breathing and introduces herself.

"Good morning! Will you teach me how to spit fire like you can? I want to explore the world, but I also want to be able to protect myself if I have to. Learning a mastery of fire also seems like an appropriate way to honour our ways and truly BE a dragon! I would learn from you if you have me?"

@gathers pc (sorry, I've lost track of the pc's names and... Well... phone's suck for this) :

"hello! Thanks for the meat... I don't know if u have anything to offer you yet... Maybe if I find something interesting when I'm out exploring I can bring it back for you? What kinds of things do you like? "

@theis's pc:
Krazk's curiosity soon gets the better of her and even though (or maybe because) she's not supposed to, she makes an effort to signal to [theis] during some of their more boring classes and make him laugh. (she's not Trying to get him in trouble, but it probably will... She'll apologise and try and take some of the blame if he does).

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:19 pm

Malerack slinks up to the other young dragons, grinning disarmingly at Sapphire and Cyrano.

"So this is where all of you are. I see that my brother is as ravenous as ever. I apologize for my distance, friends, I am far too often busy with my father in his lessons. Perhaps I will make time to join you on your hunts."
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:47 pm

<hunt><brother><?><purple>

Tha'kzrel greets his brother and asks if their purple brother is around to join the hunt.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:51 pm

► Show Spoiler
"Well, I certainly would like to... If our friends here would not mind, of course."
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:23 am

► Show Spoiler
.[tabs: Runs]
(XIN) - COMBAT:
(PANTERA) - CULTURE:
(TYTAN) - MENTAL: 2 : 4 years
(KORA) - DEFENSE:
(ZAKS) - FIRE: 6 : 9 years
(CORAZON) - FLIGHT: 4 : 8 years
(DRUGER) - SURVIVAL:
(KATIA) - STEALTH: 6 : 9 years
(HAVIDIA) - LIFE MAGIC:
(DAGON) - DEATH MAGIC: 5 : 20 years
total years spent learning: 50

[tabs: burns]
(XIN) - COMBAT:
(PANTERA) - CULTURE: 3 : 6 years
(TYTAN) - MENTAL:
(KORA) - DEFENSE:
(ZAKS) - FIRE: 3 : 6 years
(CORAZON) - FLIGHT: 10 : 20 years
(DRUGER) - SURVIVAL: 8 : 12 years
(KATIA) - STEALTH:
(HAVIDIA) - LIFE MAGIC: 2 : 6 years
(DAGON) - DEATH MAGIC:

[tabs: gathers]
(XIN) - COMBAT:
(PANTERA) - CULTURE:
(TYTAN) - MENTAL: 6 : 9 years
(KORA) - DEFENSE:
(ZAKS) - FIRE:
(CORAZON) - FLIGHT: 6 : 9 years
(DRUGER) - SURVIVAL: 5 : 10 years
(KATIA) - STEALTH: 5 : 10 years
(HAVIDIA) - LIFE MAGIC: 3 : 12 years
(DAGON) - DEATH MAGIC:

[tabs: Quarg]
(XIN) - COMBAT: 3: 6 years
(PANTERA) - CULTURE: 4 : 8 years
(TYTAN) - MENTAL: 5 : 7.5 years
(KORA) - DEFENSE: 1 : 2 years
(ZAKS) - FIRE: 5 : 10 years
(CORAZON) - FLIGHT: 6 : 9 years
(DRUGER) - SURVIVAL:
(KATIA) - STEALTH:
(HAVIDIA) - LIFE MAGIC:
(DAGON) - DEATH MAGIC:
(GORT) - CRAFT: 5 : 7.5 years

[tabs: spider]
(XIN) - COMBAT: 1 : 2 years
(PANTERA) - CULTURE: 2 : 4 years
(TYTAN) - MENTAL: 1 : 2 years
(KORA) - DEFENSE:
(ZAKS) - FIRE: 6 : 9 years
(CORAZON) - FLIGHT:
(DRUGER) - SURVIVAL: 4 : 8 years
(KATIA) - STEALTH: 6 : 9 years
(HAVIDIA) - LIFE MAGIC:
(DAGON) - DEATH MAGIC: 4 : 16 years

[tabs: Thinks]
(XIN) - COMBAT:
(PANTERA) - CULTURE: 15 : 22.5 years
(TYTAN) - MENTAL:
(KORA) - DEFENSE:
(ZAKS) - FIRE: 10 : 20
(CORAZON) - FLIGHT:
(DRUGER) - SURVIVAL:
(KATIA) - STEALTH:
(HAVIDIA) - LIFE MAGIC:
(DAGON) - DEATH MAGIC:
EXPLORE: - 7.5 years

[tabs: Theis]
(XIN) - COMBAT:
(PANTERA) - CULTURE: 5 : 10 years
(TYTAN) - MENTAL: 5 : 10 years
(KORA) - DEFENSE:
(ZAKS) - FIRE: 4 : 6 years
(CORAZON) - FLIGHT:
(DRUGER) - SURVIVAL:
(KATIA) - STEALTH:
(HAVIDIA) - LIFE MAGIC: 6 : 24 years
(DAGON) - DEATH MAGIC:
total years spent learning: 50[/tabs]

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:37 am

Azabik wonders why he thought Tha'Kzel was scary, he is a bit odd but he is secretly a softy. He briefly wonders if he was wrong about Katia and then remembers the queens threat and pushes that thought away as he shudders.

Whenever he can he gets Tha'kzel some food, only eatting some when offered. He runs over to play tackle him when he is done eatting, and try to get him to play throw the sheep.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:42 pm

So in an effort to catch up a bit I'm going to try cover everything Shrak'ralæ would have been doing in the years.

Studying with Pantera
Grateful that Pantera accepted him, he dilligently partakes in her teachings. At first he ignores Krazk because he doesn't want to anger Pantera as she's already once proven that she angers quickly and in with a lot of aggression. Yet it became increasingly hard as he would like to know his other nest mates even if their parent's disliked the idea and the fact Krazk herself started to talk to him out of curiosity. The excitement of breaking the rules right in front of her mother was a bit too tempting and so would join in on friendly banter. The times that Krazk made him laugh in front of Pantera he would try to excuse it by pointing something out in the lecture and say he found it amazing how petty humans could be and it was just laughable they couldn't see the greater picture as we can.

Studying with Tytan
When Shrak'ralæ have spent his years studying under Pantera, he's ready for a shift in his teaching to focus a bit more on the ways dragon communicate. Having heard that Tytan teaches this, Shrak'ralæ will approach Tytan humbly and just like he approached Pantera back in the day, he will bow in front of the big dragon
"Greetings Tytan, I've heard you are the master in the mental arts and are able to teach it to us. I would be honored if you would accept me as your student and help me hone my skills."

Studying with Zaks
Shrak'ralæ never really asked his father for firebreathing lessons, it just kinda happened between his lessons as a form for playful bonding between Zaks and Shrak'ralæ.

Studying with Havidia
When Shrak'ralæ feel he had an okay grasp of the human customs and the mental communication at hand he approached the queen with a big courtous bow.

"Greetings Havidia, queen of dragons. You've once told us about the magical abilities you possess and Pantera taught me about humans and how even they have harnessed the power of magic. I would like to be your apprentice and learn the wonders of spellcasting from you.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:52 pm

ItÔÇÖs a Whole New World

After asking several questions of the various adults who stood ready to take on students, the seven young dragons started training with their respective teachers almost immediately.

Many of the youngsters, finding her quite knowledgeable about the myriad of races that covered their world, flocked to Pantera eager to listen to her stories. Pride swelled within her and she found it almost impossible to keep from gloating from all of the attention that she was given. Regardless, the fact that her own daughter was as interested in the Culture of humans as she was thrilled Pantera and gave her an even bigger reason to gloat, as poor KoraÔÇÖs own son wasnÔÇÖt interested in the defensive arts. For six years she taught Azabik, Krazk, Cyrano and Shrak'lar├ª everything she knew about the humans and their culture. She would often mix her teachings up with stories of the Elves who lived in the great forests or the dwarves who lived in monstrous cities deep below the surface. With each lesson she taught various historical facts as well as the language of whatever race she was talking about. The years passed by quickly and some of her students left almost as quickly as they had come, but she had great pride in the fact that her one and only daughter was so dedicated in her studies that she studied with her for twenty-two and a half years.

Corazon was as equally proud of the many nestlings that sought her out to learn more intricate methods of flying than just simply flapping about like a walrus on ice. As the years passed, she taught her students such things as hovering in place, flying sideways in order to get through tight rock formations. She even taught them how to use the sun to blind their potential foes so that they would be unable to see as they dove from the sky at a breakneck speed, only to stop a few feet from the ground. Using sheep as their targets, she had them dive time and time again, until they could pluck the animal from its feet without killing or maiming it. It was Azabik who dedicated more than twenty years at her side, always watching and listening, willing to pick up any of the more advanced techniques that she could teach him.

In between other classes, often late at night or early in the morning, Katia would lead her small group of students through the ropes of being stealthy. ÔÇ£It was all about knowing yourself completelyÔÇØ she would often say quietly to them. She would explain at length what she meant as well as show them by carefully climbing up the mountain side, taking far longer than she would need to take, the whole journey sometimes taking two or three times longer than normal. Her classes always practiced in complete silence and making any sounds while attempting to remain stealthy was punished. Though she was proud that her two sons wanted to learn from her, she treated them the same as sapphire and demanded their complete commitment to their training. The years passed quickly for her and her students and while it took longer than normal to teach them what they wanted to know, she was happy to know that she had been able to pass down the art of stealth to her own children, but also one of Tytans children.

Kora was not displeased by her lack of students as it allowed her to focus her attentions on other tasks; tasks that she had created for herself. She was actually decently surprised when TytanÔÇÖs son asked for her help and she was happy for the defensive classes with him, it had been a nice distraction. She did however, feel a slight twinge of pain from the knowledge that her own son didnÔÇÖt want to train with her. His closeness with Havidia bothered her to no end and she wondered what the Queen had done to become such a close motherly figure to him. Druger could see her pain when she was involved in his survival training by hiding some of her flock of sheep in various places around the mountain. All Druger could do though is shrug and try to convince her that their mouthy son did love both of them, regardless of what he wanted to learn.

Druger on the other hand, was somewhat upset by the amount of attention that he got, as he normally relished in his ability to escape into the wild sereneness of nature. With children in tow and having to teach them how to find animals that were tucked out of sight, his ability to escape from the chaos of the world had dwindled to only a few hours each month. He was happy though that his son wanted to learn the tricks of the survival trade, but he did his best to keep this happiness to himself as he didnÔÇÖt want to upset Kora, who, although not his wife, was very dear to his heart. He was decently surprised however when it was Sapphire who had the greatest knack and took the greatest joy in the hunt.

It was Zaks who got the most satisfaction from the attention he received, though he had no desire to flaunt his satisfaction to the other dragons, he practically basked in it. The idea that so many of the younglings would be interested in the inner intricacies of fire, sent warm shivers up his throat and he found himself constantly showing off to the gaggle of children that followed him around. Hours would go by as he would explain the theories behind everything that he showed them and he encouraged his students to practice many times over until they achieved the desired effect. However, unlike the other elders who demanded perfection, Zaks encouraged creative exploration and if any of his students wanted to try something new he would work with them for as long as it took until their imagination was accomplished in reality. He was especially happy that his three sons chose to spend time with him to learn what he could teach them. It was Krazk though that seemed the most dedicated to learning everything that Zaks could teach her. She would often ask him questions about ancient lore or long forgotten secrets about fire control. Never before had he met someone so young who was so interested in learned about Fire, and he found himself becoming more and more willing to share every bit of knowledge with her, even what was more theoretical than actually tried and true. When what he knew was finally taxed, he started telling her stories that, though mythical in nature, were believed to be how dragons were given the gift of fire by the ones who came before.

Though he didnÔÇÖt know how Druger felt about having children constantly surrounding him and asking him questions, Tytan would have found himself completely agreeing with him on how annoying it was. He had spent decades listening to the songs of the leaves on the trees and hymns of the ocean splashing on the rocks. Those days had come crashing to a halt when he found a gaggle of young dragons surrounding him and questioning him. Where once the silence of the rocks surrounded him, now the constant babble of questions affronted him at every turn. It was Kora and Drugers child who was the worst offender, his questions could make a whale throw itself upon the land in an effort to end the assault of words thrown at it. His first lesson, which for some lasted longer than for others, was complete silence. Allowing the words of the world to trickle through your ears and mind and seat themselves deep within your heart. When finally, they learned to calm their minds in mere moments, instead of the days, weeks or months it had taken originally, the teaching commenced. Into this silence, Tytan would whisper the barest of words to each of them, words that were below the normal spectrum of what a dragon's mind could perceive. Again, though for some it took longer, with time, the children learned to speak to one another with the barest of whispers. He then taught them how to listen in to the conversations of others by bending the magic that held the words to their ears. As the words themselves were of a magical nature, he explained that those with more magical training typically had a better ability at doing this. Tytan would often split the children into teams and spread them out many miles over the island and have them attempt to speak with one another. Again, with time, more for some than others, the children found themselves able to speak with one another over the space of many miles and without having to see one another. Tytan was especially proud that his son and daughter chose to learn from him, but he gave them no slack when it came to teaching.

Looking to have his ego stroked so that he might consider himself an equal when it came to the amount of attention that his wife received, Xin expectations turned out quite poorly. In fact, he was so angered by the obvious dismissal of his ability in combat by the younglings, that he took out his frustration on the two students that did choose to learn from him. The anger over his flattened ego increased each time his wife made a point to pity him for having to teach a bastard. Her eyes laughed at him when she made this statement after which she would walk away laughing. The days that this happened were bad days to be students. XinÔÇÖs lessons were at times were not so much lessons in combat, so much as they became lessons in learning to avoid the punches and lashes that he wailed upon them with. Just when they thought that they had avoided a slash from one of his hands, his tail would catch them unawares. The constant lessons taught them that the best offense was often a better defense and XinÔÇÖs painful lessons taught them to remain nimble, always being aware and not allowing the angry dragon to catch them off guard. Both Cyrano and Tha'zkrel would often find themselves nursing wounds for days, hoping that they would heal before they got their next ones.

The days that Cyrano came down to his workshop cave, were the happiest days to old Gort. There, in the darkness of the cave, the two would work with the minimal resources that he had collected in creating new and wonderful things. The old master of crafting encouraged Cyrano to use the supplies that he had gathered in creating something to call his own and so, for the years that the young dragon spent with the aged dragon, he worked on something that he could call his own. Gort helped and guided but only when questions were asked, as he strongly believed in only helping the young dragon when he was close to giving up. This method of training worked well with cyrano, and he found himself quickly learning how to craft with the leather, bone, sinew and wood that were abundant on the island. When not teaching him the craft, Gort would tell Cyrano stories of the human world and how the humans bent the world to their will by shaping and crafting marvelous things. He spoke of the some of the great mines that they used to pull precious stones and ores from the ground in which to work into fine tools or crafts. A warm smile would come to his face when he spoke of his memories of the past and Cyrano quickly learned GortÔÇÖs favorite subject, which was gold. The old dragon could often drone on at length about how beautiful gold was or how it glimmered when torchlight would shine upon it.

The Queen was both thrilled and concerned when it came to magical studies. Thrilled because it wasnÔÇÖt often that so many younglings were interested in the arts, concerned because magic brought with it a darkness, a darkness which some hatchlings are born with. This disturbed her greatly and she hoped she hadnÔÇÖt made the wrong choice in accepting any of the children into her care. Over the first few weeks of their studies she watched them closely, intent on expelling any of them should they show any untoward signs. She first went over the basics, explaining that magic was part of who dragons were, to their core and even the fire that came from their bellies was magical in a sense. To use magic, they had to attune themselves to the wellspring of magic deep within each of them, which while she used many metaphors to try to explain, was quite difficult to fully explain. It was a strange feeling, connecting to oneself in such a way. Sapphire and Shrak'lar├ª, having trained with Tytan were able to connect to their magical energies much faster, as they by this time knew how to calm themselves and commit themselves to silence. It was Azabik, with his constant questions that struggled with the peace of mind required to unify himself with his magical core. Havidia found that the simple threat of expulsion from her class was enough to shut him up and focus, but it took time and patience until he was able to unify himself. Once said magics were tapped into, she taught them how to draw out what they needed in order to heal simply wounds. She explained that healing magic was unformed in its nature, and all they needed to do was allow it to settle on or around the place that needed the healing. The magic, she explained, worked on its own, as when they drew it from themselves, they gave it purpose with their intent, and it would gain a life of itÔÇÖs own, wanting and willing to heal. She had them practice on the animals that were used as objects to be hunted during DrugerÔÇÖs classes. The poor animals that did survive were in a sorry state and would have been killed if not for the need to practice healing magics. With time, patience and direction, her students were able to heal injuries and mend broken bones. It was Shrak'lar├ª that she noticed had the kindest heart, his bubbly attitude often made her smile, happy to know that one so young could enjoy the world so much. The young dragon dedicated much of his time to study healing magics which gladdened her heart, enough even to warm somewhat to Katia. For, although Katia was known to stray from the right path, to have a child so full of mirth, perhaps she (havidia) was wrong to think ill of the Katia. Her lessons with three children continued for many years until the time came when she felt they were ready to be released into the world.

Dagon was quite pleased with himself...and Katia of course, as she had been so easily swayed to his side and had born the two children which were as of now his favorite sons. In fact, he found himself unable to pick which one he liked better, as both were perfect vessels in which to invoke his wrath upon the world. Under the cover of darkness, his sons would fly out to the small rock he called his prison and after devouring a fish, were taught how to control their magic. Where Havidia had guided her students to discover their magic gently, Dagon guided his sons to take what they needed from their core. For, as he was oft to say, their Inner Vessels would be full for a lifetime and there was no need to spare any. The feeling, though similar, was different in that the magic that they took had somewhat of a chaotic nature. He explained that when magic was used to kill, the weave took on a life of its own and if not properly controlled, could hurt them, thus it they should always have a target in mind before they opened the tap into the magical reservoirs, otherwise it could consume them. Because he could only teach them under the cover of darkness, their training went slowly. But by and by, as the weeks passed, both of his sons made great breakthroughs into the magical world and soon they were learning to use the dark energy in ways that he had never himself imagined.

Choosing to not focus entirely on her studies, throughout the warmer months Krazk would often-times disappear for weeks on end, exploring the land and ocean that surrounded the island. She hunted the wild or stray animals that she could find so that she wouldnt need to return to the home caverns. Upon her walk-a-bout she met an old brown dragon who introduced himself as Gort and as she was starting to wonder why she hadnt met him before, Cyrano landed nearby, intent on working on his crafting. She made a mental note on where to find him before flying off again. In the last few days of the younglings training, she found herself high above Kalt Insel. She had climbed the mountain and jumped from its highest point before climbing higher and higher until she found it was becoming somewhat difficult to breathe. Up here, above it all, the island looked like a small snow rabbit, the inhabitants to small to see. She picked a new direction at random, west, and began to beat her wings, hoping to go a good distance from the island and glide her way home. As she flew, the winds that had once been against her now filled her wings and she felt as light as a feather. Several hours passed like this, the thought of the island gone from her mind. Unsure of how long she had flying, she looked back to check her distance to the island but it was gone. A shiver of fear ran through her as she realized that she had no idea where she was and as she looked about, the fright ever increasing within her, she saw on the tip of the horizon, a spec. Thinking that she had somehow been turned around by the wind, she flew for a few more hours until the spec took shape. While she could tell that what she saw was land, she knew it wasnt her home.because it was green and it was much too big.

*Note:
1. Dedicated gives +1 to that ability.
2. Combat lessons from a pissed off Xin, gives Quarg and Spider + 1 Defense

OOC/LORE

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:27 pm

Krazk shivers as she realises that she is utterly lost... Still, she knows that if she doesn't find land soon she will be too tired to keep flying and who knows how big this ocean is... As she flies towards the island, she ponders what she knows about the rest of the world, whether the oceans are actually endless or not and whether she recognises anything about the island ahead...

(will post a better action after a quick knowledge check :))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Azabik is excited, it is about time to see some humans, he looks at his parents with excitement. He is sad he did not have enough time to learn everything, and his mom seemed upset. He nuzzles her to hopefully remedy this before setting off to the human village the queen told him about.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:58 am

Quickly searching her memories for everything that her mother taught her, she remembers that she originally left the home island going west. Using this as a hint in her direction as a clue, but unknowing how she could have come so far so fast, she remembered her mother telling her about a grouping of island nations called "The Three Brothers". The king that had once ruled the islands, who three sons were triplets, could think of nothing to do other than dividing his kingdom up into three parts. The nations, though typically peaceful with each other had for the last several centuries been at war with one another due to trade disputes and fishing rights.

The wind that had filled her wings had died and were no longer pushing her quite as strongly toward the expanse of green that she saw. Judging the distance, she knew that she should be able to reach land by dark.
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:16 pm

Krazk searches the island for any signs of habitation. Deciding that she can stand to wait a little longer for some food and because she knows humans think it's rude when dragons eat their cows or families, she circles the castles (I assume the Kings have castles?) then lands herself somewhere nearby-ish, but out of the way enough to seem less threatening. She'll try very hard not to stand on anyone or their stuff.

Then, she'll preen her scales and wait for someone to come and talk to her.