Civ V OOC: And the Rest is History.....

For all games that are now over.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: CivilizationVOOC: La r├®sistance des poneys

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:17 pm

if you read the storyline, it explains that the earth ponies pulverized him...or to put it another way, the "beat the dead horse".....oh.haha...i think that was a good one.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:24 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:if you read the storyline, it explains that the earth ponies pulverized him...or to put it another way, the "beat the dead horse".....oh.haha...i think that was a good one.
If I 'spiritualy' snicker, it stays in character. :P (Horses snicker, right?)
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:27 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:wait? how did Nightshade die?
aegis wrote:Pony Attack on Nightshade (65+): 37 + 6 (VillageDefense 2) + 3 (Warfare 1) + 2 (Group 1) + 4 (Militia 2) = 52 vs Modded 62 (Base 65) (Action Failed)
Nightshade Saving Throw (15+): 12 + 2 (Failed Pony Attack) = 14 (Failed)
Nightshade Survives the Attack (50+): 4 (Dead... and critically.)
if the ponies attack failed! why did nightshade have to make saving throws in the first place? I don't follow?
Had the Pony Attack been successful, the saving throw would have been a DC 17. It failed, so a bonus of 4 was added... 2 to a lowered DC and two as a +2 bonus. The saving throw should have killed her. I didn't want her to die, so since it was a "failed" pony gang stomp, I gave her a 50% shot. When that turned up a natural 4, a critfail, I bowed to the whims of the dice.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Ah okay... that... well.. I understand (do I thing the explanation was needed) Thanks :)

TTW' you should really play a mad spirit.. that would be fun! *Heck I'd love playing something that different :P
-Best regards LAYF

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:00 am

I see that someone's mad I took the AP... Frankly I made a point of disappearing with it so that neither side of the "fight" had it, since I was doing something unrelated. Now at least one side can't have more than the other.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:51 am

Hmm.. I don't think they are mad you took them... I think the problem is that anyone "can" take them, thus creating unbalance... personally, I'm glad you did! I made a task out of not reading the update before at last a few had answered the post! so not to do it all again... just glad the point were not all used to kill of "X or Y"
-Best regards LAYF

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:30 pm

I'm going to spit out a little random fact since the dragon in the hall is long gone at this point --- it was a Pearl Dragon, something I got out of Stone Soup. Really really rare dragon. I was going to have a story where you end up freeing him as part of the ruins' defenses, but the current political situation and the random hobgoblin tribe that marched out of my brain into the mountain shelves is more interesting.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:16 pm

....So the last of my kind. :?

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Easier to have him run for warm sunlight and fresh air than be a thorn in the side of the Chieftess (or a monkeywrench in any plans the rebels may have)...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:14 pm

I want to run too :(

I am considering having her leave with other cenataur ( didn't know that was an option) and getting a new character later.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Won't stop ya if you want to bow out if you're not happy with the direction the story's taking, and the opportunity is certainly there.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:23 am

Hey badger, lets stop bloging up the main post, and spam this thread instead ;-)
I missed the start and dident vote in the beginning
Click here if you want to beat me up!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:27 am

okay, spam away little friend, though i would prefer that you spell my name correctly, out of simple respect.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Re: CivilizationVOOC: The Clash of the Titans

Post by Kelten » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:34 am

Ok Bad, drop 25 of those ap and i wont try to rip out Kermits throat :stab:
Last edited by Kelten on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:38 am

nope, now you're trying to blackmail me...And i don't work well with people who are trying to intimidate me.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:55 am

well, I am trying to kill Kermit the revolutionary frog, so id say you don't work well with people who are trying kill you more then intimidate...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:09 am

Ok Bad, drop 25 of those ap and i wont try to rip out Kermits throat <----- this is called blackmail (or also could be seen as intimidation) Allow me to dissect this sentence using poor english skills from 8th grade.

Ok bad (this is you trying to get my attention)
drop 25 of those AP (this is your demand, much like, if you do _____ then i won't shoot you in the head or, give me the money or I'll shoot)
and i wont try to (notice the and I won't part, this is intimidation (or blackmail)
rip out Kermits throat (this is your threat (intimidation involves a threat) of what will happen if i don't comply)

So, in short, the construct is: I demand _________ and if you don't comply with my demands then _________ will happen to you. This is intimidation.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:43 am

Blackmail: the action, treated as a criminal offense, of demanding money from a person in return for not revealing compromising or injurious information about that person.
so no, not blackmail, murder threat

Maybe extortion?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:54 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackmail

Blackmail is an act, often a crime, involving unjustified threats to make a gain or cause loss to another unless a demand is met.
It may be defined as coercion involving threats of physical harm, threat of criminal prosecution, or threats for the purposes of taking the person's money or property.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:57 am

actually, that page explains that its extortion >:?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:41 am

Kelt, this is supposed to be fun, not extorting players out of ap.

[mod="Arch Lich Burns"]Do not extort players by threatening to kill them if they do not give you whatever you want.[/mod]

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:43 am

true, il remove my demand ;)

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:11 am

*briefly scans through the posts, decides not to poke them one bit nope nope nope* Just got a message from LAYF, his sister is in the hospital, so he's offline for a while it looks like.

Kelten
Converses Frequently

Post by Kelten » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:14 am

Hope she's ok :o
I was wondering why he didn't post in call of cthulhu

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:08 am

Alaen wrote:
BadgeAddict wrote:In my defense, As i feel i should be allowed to have a voice here. In my defense, I'm not doing anything that LAYF didn't, and instead of asking me (ever) if you could have any of the points everyone simply bitched and whined about me having them. LAYF had been doling the points out to the Team Drow for what, 4-6 months now. I come along and do it for Team Freedom 2 times in a row and I'm the bad guy? Sounds extremely hypocritical to me.
How about we just all stop hoarding the AP and leave enough for everyone.
BadgeAddict wrote:Also, if you voted for Drow and are now complaining about the cohesiveness of the group, you only have yourself to blame for thinking all Drow were like Drizzit. I'm not mad that grippli weren't the leading race, i just know that Drow are born evil.
I think this is a bit harsh. In that vein you could say we should have been evil in the Civs before as Goblins are also "usually evil". Imo its just that most people went: "Yay, let's be be evil"

I appreciate your opinions on this matter, I truly do. And i also agree with you, see, Team Drow were originally Hoarding all of the points and only doling them out to people as they saw fit. (aka, if the rebellion trying using the points for anything violent toward the Drow, they were denied the use of the points)
Myself and Burns and I'm sure many others were frustrated by this, So, when I had the chance, I started hoarding them so that Team Drow could have a taste of their own medicine. (to be honest, i just started making up SA's just to use up all the points so that they couldn't, and when Team Drow asked to use the points i didn't give them). Finally, my actions and Team Drows complaints were enough that the Blessed GM (angels singing Aegis) made a rule change. (though at the wrong time (my opinion :) ).

As for you second statement, Drow are evil, whether people play them as such is inconsequential because the Blessed GM (angels singing Aegis) chose to make them assholes who lorded over the other minor races (enslaving them) and basically being evil. Though I did not personally know that the Blessed GM (angels singing Aegis) would make the Drow start out evil, i had my reasons to believe that he would.